Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I just wanted to chime in here and say that sometime around noon tomorrow I will find myself walking through the doors of the CR as a guest for the first time instead of as a visitor. :cool1::banana:

I just wanted to chime in here and say that sometime around noon tomorrow I will find myself walking through the doors of the CR as a guest for the first time instead of as a visitor. :cool1::banana:

Have a fantastic trip! pixiedust:

pixiedust: How awesome!! I hope you'll love it.
Safe travels :drive:

So we will be checking in to the CR on June 23rd! It is our first stay here and I have been looking through this thread and other sites to determine what we should request for room preferences. I know we are booked in the Garden Wing and when I look at the online check in it has several options to choose for requests....we would really like to look out at the pool over a parking lot. Any ideas of what options I should choose on the request list... or should I contact the hotel separately with a request??

Thank you !!!

Are you there yet? :hyper:

So we will be checking in to the CR on June 23rd! It is our first stay here and I have been looking through this thread and other sites to determine what we should request for room preferences. I know we are booked in the Garden Wing and when I look at the online check in it has several options to choose for requests....we would really like to look out at the pool over a parking lot. Any ideas of what options I should choose on the request list... or should I contact the hotel separately with a request??

Thank you !!!
Are you in a Standard View room? Those overlook the parking lot with the monorail above. None have pool views. If you've booked a Garden View, then you can request a pool view, but you will not overlook a parking lot. You will need to call the WDTC/CRO to have any location requests added to your reservation. Online Check-In room requests are very limited and may not even apply to your particular booking, But you can also do OCI and the Room Assignor will see all your requests.

Have a great vacation at CR!

Are you there? Anxiously awaiting....love to hear what I have to look forward to next month.

Tinkerbellsmomma said:
What are chances of getting into room at BLT at noon?
We're in at 10:30ish the room was ready at 2:30pm.

We had an incredible stay at BLT. I'd requested an even room on high floor. Our two bed lake view was 8402 on the 14th floor. We had a view to the left of magic kingdom and it was incredible. When I'm not on mobile I will some pictures!

We're in at 10:30ish the room was ready at 2:30pm.

We had an incredible stay at BLT. I'd requested an even room on high floor. Our two bed lake view was 8402 on the 14th floor. We had a view to the left of magic kingdom and it was incredible. When I'm not on mobile I will some pictures!

I requested even room high floor. Renting points with ************** they will make request

Been to WDW many times, stayed on-site many times, but it's been my dream since childhood to stay at the Contemporary Resort. Finally getting my wish - we're booked for Dec 21-28 with Theme Park view! I know this is a crazy and expensive time to go, but Disney AT Christmas (not just Christmas season) has also been a dream, too.

Any advice from veterans which room # to request? Something high up. I also understand odd/even room #'s are situated differently, but I'm not sure which is which; any advice would be appreciated.

Other info - we're a family of 4, two daughters will be ages 5 & 3 by then.

Thanks in advance!

Been to WDW many times, stayed on-site many times, but it's been my dream since childhood to stay at the Contemporary Resort. Finally getting my wish - we're booked for Dec 21-28 with Theme Park view! I know this is a crazy and expensive time to go, but Disney AT Christmas (not just Christmas season) has also been a dream, too.

Any advice from veterans which room # to request? Something high up. I also understand odd/even room #'s are situated differently, but I'm not sure which is which; any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a dream come true :wizard:

Found this info under "Rooms and Rates" on Page 1 of this FAQ:

"~When lying on the bed in an odd-numbered Tower room on the Bay Lake side, you will face toward WL, Epcot and the South Garden Wing. Odd-numbered Magic Kingdom View beds face toward the MK."

I had 4843 (TPV CL) last summer and our beds faced MK :wizard:

Have a great time planning your trip :cheer2:

Also are studio fridges any bigger then ones in regular resort rooms?
The BLT Studio fridge is larger than a CR fridge: BLT STUDIO FRIDGE.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the thread and I'll log your dates on the first page. Many like to be high up because it offers a more commanding view and you're a bit further from the parking lot below. Some also prefer to be further away from CM because of the Celebration song, which will also put you a bit closer to the MK. You're going to love the resorts at Christmas:santa:. I have a few CR Christmas photos in POST 13.

The BLT Studio fridge is larger than a CR fridge: BLT STUDIO FRIDGE.

Welcome to the thread and I'll log your dates on the first page. Many like to be high up because it offers a more commanding view and you're a bit further from the parking lot below. Some also prefer to be further away from CM because of the Celebration song, which will also put you a bit closer to the MK. You're going to love the resorts at Christmas:santa:. I have a few CR Christmas photos in POST 13.

Is there a freezer part?

Is there a freezer part?
Yes. This is the BLT Studio fridge:

20130418-000517.jpg

Photo courtesy of: http://blog.dvcrequest.com

Do any of you have experience in the wheelchair accessible room in garden wing? Are all the standard view rooms all views of the parking lot? Does anyone advice on room request? Ive been trying to find out where the WC access rooms are located but no one at Disney has that info? So its hard to request a room?
Thank you :)! :goodvibes

WDWKOOK said:
Are you there yet? :hyper:

Have a great vacation at CR!

Yes we are we arrive around 12 yesterday. Love the Contemporary Resort but still love the Wilderness Lodge more. I'd send some pictures but I don't know how to use this application on my smartphone. As soon as I get to my tablet I'll upload some pictures. :)

As long as you have a blue membership card and are staying at Disney resort, you will be allowed up (as long as it isn't a blacked out date).

What is blue membership card and is there any way to "borrow" one if you are staying at BLT but aren't a DVC member?

What is blue membership card and is there any way to "borrow" one if you are staying at BLT but aren't a DVC member?

When I went to Top of the World on May 6th they scanned my Magic Band to be sure I was staying at a Disney resort. I believe they could also see that my profile on MDE shows that I'm a DVC member. They did look at my DVC card AND they required me to put in my pin number associated with my Magic Band to be sure I wasn't just borrowing someone's Magic Band. I think they would notice if the name on your Magic Band didn't match the member card.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Beginning 6/10/14: Bus service to and from the water park after 2:00pm will only be available at Epcot. Guests traveling to Typhoon Lagoon after 2:00 will need to get to Epcot, then get on the Typhoon Lagoon bus. When leaving the water park, you will be dropped off at Epcot, then you can take other transportation from there. This is all due to the transportation changes at Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter