Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Souvenir magnets with the resort logo (sort of)

I've got one from the GF and the Polynesian but I can never seem to find one for the Contemporary Resort at any of the shops there. The CMs there tell me they don't exist but wish they did.

Do they?

Only 23 more days until I can cross CR off my bucket list of Disney resorts. It will be a quick trip, down on Saturday back on Monday night, but it is just to get me over the hump until our big trip to WL in late Oct where we are hitting both MNSSHP on Oct 31 AND MVMCP on Nov 7. What a way to bookend a trip. I hope Atrium Club is as good as OFC.

Congrats. We are now down to 24 days ourselves. I'm sure you are as excited as we are for the day to hurry up and arrive. :banana:

Only 23 more days until I can cross CR off my bucket list of Disney resorts. It will be a quick trip, down on Saturday back on Monday night, but it is just to get me over the hump until our big trip to WL in late Oct where we are hitting both MNSSHP on Oct 31 AND MVMCP on Nov 7. What a way to bookend a trip. I hope Atrium Club is as good as OFC.
Well, you know that I think the OFC lounge and staff are the best…But, the views from the AC are amazing and the CR rooms are much larger and nicer, I feel. Let us know what you think.

Souvenir magnets with the resort logo (sort of)

I've got one from the GF and the Polynesian but I can never seem to find one for the Contemporary Resort at any of the shops there. The CMs there tell me they don't exist but wish they did.

Do they?
This has been a perennial complaint of mine and others. CR just hasn't had any resort-branded merchandise for many years. The print of CR/BLT by Larry Dotson is the only thing I've found in years. It's really too bad because they could be selling a lot of branded merch., like Poly has, if they had any.

Congrats. We are now down to 24 days ourselves. I'm sure you are as excited as we are for the day to hurry up and arrive. :banana:
It's almost time!

~ Question...will that beer tasting event at The Wave only be Saturdays in May or will it be an ongoing thing??

As for the resort specific merchandise...there used to be lots of CR branded stuff...but the items have dwindled over the years... I find this so strange since both of the other monorail resorts... GF and Poly have plenty??? :confused3

Add us to the list!! After an almost 3 year hiatus (not by choice), we are finally headed back to WDW and staying at the CR.:cool1:
I stayed there with my parents as a kid about a million years ago, but haven't stayed there since the early 80's. This will be DW and DD's first time there and they are super excited.
Our dates are 8/9--8/16 in a Tower Theme Park View room. Come on August!

Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing?

Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape?

thanks for any info!

Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing? Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape? thanks for any info!

Just switched our July reservation from BWI to CR tower theme park view. Cannot wait to be able to see the fireworks and the castle from our room. :)

Cont Tower Theme Park View question -- what floors should we request for best firework viewing?

Cont Tower door question -- can we decorate with magnets, or will we need poster putty or masking tape?

thanks for any info!

Theoretically the higher the better but you can't really go wrong on any floor. you might want to request a room closer to the park side.

thanks for any info!

Generally people don't decorate their doors in the Deluxes. Any floor will give you a great view of the fireworks, but higher floor will get you further above eye level for the parking lot. :thumbsup2

Theoretically the higher the better but you can't really go wrong on any floor. you might want to request a room closer to the park side.

Generally people don't decorate their doors in the Deluxes. Any floor will give you a great view of the fireworks, but higher floor will get you further above eye level for the parking lot. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the hints. Last time we were in the Garden Wing, we decorated our door with a poster we had made but I don't remember how we hung it. Lots of people signed it. Guess I'll just decorate the mirror in the bathroom for us.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFnhGNlBZcnRZM3hHMEpmbEZPV2RqWXcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

I'm new on the board so forgive me if this has been asked addressed somewhere. We just booked a STD-CLUB-KING. The cast member said the room is on the 14th floor but could not guarantee a MKV. If I'm looking at this thread correctly, the only kings are MKV. So why wouldn't the cast member say that? I'm confused and really hoping for a MKV when we go Oct 3rd.

I'm new on the board so forgive me if this has been asked addressed somewhere. We just booked a STD-CLUB-KING. The cast member said the room is on the 14th floor but could not guarantee a MKV. If I'm looking at this thread correctly, the only kings are MKV. So why wouldn't the cast member say that? I'm confused and really hoping for a MKV when we go Oct 3rd.
:welcome: to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! You've done your research:thumbsup2. There are only 5 non-suite rooms on the 14th floor, two of which are KINGS with only MKVs. It's possible the CM couldn't "guarantee" a MKV because they are unable to actually book views up on the 14th floor, but they can add view requests to your reservation, (which is moot with the KING booking). You can, however, book a KING, and because you've done your research, you know that it will be a MKV. The CM may not even know this.

Thanks! this thread has been a wealth of information. I will be going with my 17 year old and we are hoping to get some of her senior pictures done around the resort. We'd welcome any ideas for fun shots or location.

Thanks! this thread has been a wealth of information. I will be going with my 17 year old and we are hoping to get some of her senior pictures done around the resort. We'd welcome any ideas for fun shots or location.

Are you taking the pictures yourself? We used a local photographer for our Disney wedding that works at the resort all the time and he was phenomenal and very well priced! Let me know if you want any info :) :)

We are checking with one local photographer and Dianey Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be welcome so we get the best product for a reasonable price.

We've reached out to a local photographer but haven't received anything back yet. We are also looking at Disney Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We've reached out to a local photographer but haven't received anything back yet. We are also looking at Disney Fine Art Photography. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We used Disney Photog for our Magic Kingdom photo shoot because they don't allow outside photographers to do that, but for our wedding at the pavilion we used Randy Chapman. He is phenomenal and his photography was comparable (if not better) than the Disney photogs!

When checking in at BLT, do you physically check in at the Contemporary and not BLT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter