Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

So I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed of all of the changes that I've been making the past couple of days for our trip. When the RO discount came out 2 days ago, I wanted to add a day to the beginning of our stay but the only rooms available were the Garden Wing and Bay Lake View rooms. And I REALLY wanted to get a TPV but they were all gone :( . So we decided to get the Garden Wing Deluxe Room. So we made 2 different reservations. One for 12/11-12/12 with the RO offer and 12/12-12/15 with the FD+TPV CL. Then I decided to check today if there were any rooms available since a lot of people on the boards were saying that there was more availability today and there was! So I called in the morning and changed our FD offer to the RO offer, still keeping the Garden Wing. It saved us around $300 :thumbsup2 . Just earlier I was thinking that it would be such a hassle to switch rooms for one day so I checked if there was availability for our 12/11-12/12 reservation and there was too! So I had to called again and a CM was able to cancel the reservation for the Garden Wing and add a day to our TPV CL stay :woohoo:. It basically cost the same as if we didn't even change anything except now we have CL for our entire CR stay :laughing:. It's ok though. I'd rather be watching Wishes from our balcony on my birthday than anything :yay: . We can always try the Garden Wing next time. Hopefully this will be the last change we make for this trip!

So, so happy for you! :hug:

I'm excited for you as your trip is just 2 weeks away :cool1::cool1:. You will soon be relaxing at the CR :cloud9:.

So I think my boyfriend is starting to get annoyed of all of the changes that I've been making the past couple of days for our trip. When the RO discount came out 2 days ago, I wanted to add a day to the beginning of our stay but the only rooms available were the Garden Wing and Bay Lake View rooms. And I REALLY wanted to get a TPV but they were all gone :( . So we decided to get the Garden Wing Deluxe Room. So we made 2 different reservations. One for 12/11-12/12 with the RO offer and 12/12-12/15 with the FD+TPV CL. Then I decided to check today if there were any rooms available since a lot of people on the boards were saying that there was more availability today and there was! So I called in the morning and changed our FD offer to the RO offer, still keeping the Garden Wing. It saved us around $300 :thumbsup2 . Just earlier I was thinking that it would be such a hassle to switch rooms for one day so I checked if there was availability for our 12/11-12/12 reservation and there was too! So I had to called again and a CM was able to cancel the reservation for the Garden Wing and add a day to our TPV CL stay :woohoo:. It basically cost the same as if we didn't even change anything except now we have CL for our entire CR stay :laughing:. It's ok though. I'd rather be watching Wishes from our balcony on my birthday than anything :yay: . We can always try the Garden Wing next time. Hopefully this will be the last change we make for this trip!

Congrats on getting TPV CL for your entire stay :woohoo:. We've never stayed at the CR, but it is on our list to try, along with CL. I hope you have a great trip and I'm sure you will enjoy watching fireworks from your balcony :wizard:.

In the Kitchen

In the island cabinets

Island drawers

Slide out pantry (holds a lot, but cereal boxes don't fit unless you lay them on their side)

Another slide out by the fridge

Above the fridge

Near the sink

Above the sink

Above the dishwasher

Well, I'm super sad, but we had to cancel our BLT reservation for December today. BLT was excluded from the late fall RO offer, but VWL was included and available, so we switched to that. The savings (nearly $2000) was just too much to pass up. I'm hoping that when we're at the YC next month we can snag BLT via a BB, but I'm not holding out hope.

Thanks to SRUAlum and her awesome stalking skills, I knew exactly when to check for a BLT 1 bedroom SV and snatched it up in January. It's now showing as available, so hopefully it can make someone else happy.

Thanks to SRUAlum and her awesome stalking skills, I knew exactly when to check for a BLT 1 bedroom SV and snatched it up in January. It's now showing as available, so hopefully it can make someone else happy.

Ha!!!! Glad I could help and sorry you had to switch :( That just means you can keep it on the list for next time!

I was searching our room for a BB offer and didn't see one! Maybe the DVC resorts don't put them out since most people stay with points?

Ha!!!! Glad I could help and sorry you had to switch :( That just means you can keep it on the list for next time! I was searching our room for a BB offer and didn't see one! Maybe the DVC resorts don't put them out since most people stay with points?
Great pics! Makes me miss BLT and our great vacation there :(
I saw a BB in the back of the welcome/info folder that was on the shelf under the TV. Wish I could have booked one!

Great pics! Makes me miss BLT and our great vacation there :(
I saw a BB in the back of the welcome/info folder that was on the shelf under the TV. Wish I could have booked one!

After I posted that I was unpacking and found the big Be Our Guest booklet and it was folded up in the middle of the booklet! Geesh! Needle in a haystack! Ha! Unfortunately, I'm a teacher and the only valid dates are during school (its invalid during holidays.) Oh well!

After I posted that I was unpacking and found the big Be Our Guest booklet and it was folded up in the middle of the booklet! Geesh! Needle in a haystack! Ha! Unfortunately, I'm a teacher and the only valid dates are during school (its invalid during holidays.) Oh well!

Was it for dates this year or 2015? Just curious :)

This year. Let me know if you want me to post the dates :)

I was a DVC member for years and sold. Of course now my family has gotten the Disney bug back! What is BB. I'm heading down in November and would love to head back to WDW and stay at the Poly in June?

Do you mind posting the dates and any exclusions? Because you haven't done enough for this community already! ;)

Aw! Ha! I love it! The CR and BLT have my heart :)

The discount is 35% at villas and deluxe and 30% at mods. The valid dates are
7/28-8/2
8/17-10/4
10/17-11/6
11/9-11/21
12/11-12/23

*exclusions are listed as being - 3 bedroom villas, campsites, AOA, and Villas at the GF

Anyone know if you get the rate for your full stay if your check in date falls in those dates, or do I recall them changing it and you only get it for the specific dates which qualify?

We are just back from 6 night on the 12th Floor! (We also stayed at the Hard Rock.) Our room was the last one on the MK side, closest to the MK. It was so quiet. The lounge staff was great, very attentive. The food yummy. The bathrooms were pretty, but oh so not functional. There was no hook for your clothes, no clothes line to dry a wet bathing suit, to little counter space. The pool also, really needs to be deeper than 3'. Neither my teen nor I could really swim. It is more of a "splash" pool.

We do love the CR, it is our 3rd stay here.:)

The discount is 35% at villas and deluxe and 30% at mods. The valid dates are
7/28-8/2
8/17-10/4
10/17-11/6
11/9-11/21
12/11-12/23

*exclusions are listed as being - 3 bedroom villas, campsites, AOA, and Villas at the GF

Anyone know if you get the rate for your full stay if your check in date falls in those dates, or do I recall them changing it and you only get it for the specific dates which qualify?

Room discounts are date specific and only apply to the dates that fall within the promo, so any nights outside those dates would be at rack rate.

We are just back from 6 night on the 12th Floor! (We also stayed at the Hard Rock.) Our room was the last one on the MK side, closest to the MK. It was so quiet. The lounge staff was great, very attentive. The food yummy. The bathrooms were pretty, but oh so not functional. There was no hook for your clothes, no clothes line to dry a wet bathing suit, to little counter space. The pool also, really needs to be deeper than 3'. Neither my teen nor I could really swim. It is more of a "splash" pool.

We do love the CR, it is our 3rd stay here.:)

Thanks for posting, glad you had another great CR stay :goodvibes. That's good to hear about the lounge staff and food as we are hoping to try CR CL sometime next year.

Aw! Ha! I love it! The CR and BLT have my heart :) The discount is 35% at villas and deluxe and 30% at mods. The valid dates are 7/28-8/2 8/17-10/4 10/17-11/6 11/9-11/21 12/11-12/23 *exclusions are listed as being - 3 bedroom villas, campsites, AOA, and Villas at the GF Anyone know if you get the rate for your full stay if your check in date falls in those dates, or do I recall them changing it and you only get it for the specific dates which qualify?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or has already been stated, but can this discount be applied to rooms that were booked 3 months ago? Our dates are within the valid dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter