• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks. I would think the BLT owners would want that access limited to guests staying there but who knows? I've only stayed at BLT once and it was 4 years ago and I have no idea what we used keys for except the villa and the pool.

On that note....is there a magic band scanner to get into the BLT pool area? We will be staying there and I just wondered if that's what you had to do to get in. Thanks!

On that note....is there a magic band scanner to get into the BLT pool area? We will be staying there and I just wondered if that's what you had to do to get in. Thanks!

Well, it was 4 years ago, so it was room key access. Now that MBs are the rule, I'm sure there's a MB scanner :)

Oh good - so you didn't need a BLT key to get onto the bridge from CR?

Technically, you are supposed to need to use your BLT key/magicband to enter the bridge, however, we have maybe needed to use it 5-8 times in both of our week long stays at BLT. Generally there are ppl coming and going constantly so the door is often open. If I recall correctly, half the time the door didn't close the whole way anyways, so getting in was never really an issue.

Technically, you are supposed to need to use your BLT key/magicband to enter the bridge, however, we have maybe needed to use it 5-8 times in both of our week long stays at BLT. Generally there are ppl coming and going constantly so the door is often open. If I recall correctly, half the time the door didn't close the whole way anyways, so getting in was never really an issue.

Thanks for the info.

I like your new avatar :)

Your trip is getting closer and closer :yay:. Hope you will report back when you return.

~During our recent stay at the CR..we spent a good amount of time on that bridge...:upsidedow ... as we had family members staying at BLT..and we did see a few families watching the fireworks there on two different evenings...

Didn't seem to be any issue with it..no CMs keeping the area clear....but we have watched the fireworks from the observation deck there on the 4th floor..and its a pretty nice viewing from there....:goodvibes

Hi Blue :wave2:

We've watched the fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck many times and I agree that it's a great view :wizard:.

Oh good - so you didn't need a BLT key to get onto the bridge from CR?

When we stayed there a few years ago the key card access was on the BLT side of the bridge. So from the CR, you could get onto the bridge with no key, but then to get off the bridge into BLT on the other side you did need it. But, as others said, it was always so busy with people traffic, most times you just piggy backed the group in front of you and didn't need to take out the card (pre-mb). Nice and secure. :rotfl2:

When we stayed there a few years ago the key card access was on the BLT side of the bridge. So from the CR, you could get onto the bridge with no key, but then to get off the bridge into BLT on the other side you did need it. But, as others said, it was always so busy with people traffic, most times you just piggy backed the group in front of you and didn't need to take out the card (pre-mb). Nice and secure. :rotfl2:

Haha. I see. Thanks. :flower3: Sounds as though that is still the case.

*Please know that I am not interested in accessing BLT when not a guest there :rotfl: This topic originated in trying to help a poster who was asking about the bridge/walk way for watching the fireworks :)

H CR expertsi! I'm wondering how transportation to EPCOT for RD is working now that they have cut back on monorail hours. What is the best way to get there? Also, I have 8 a.m. ADR at EPCOT one morning. I know there is supposed to be an early ADR bus at TTC right? How would I get there without the monorail running and can anyone tell me how to find the correct bus? Also, at what time should I be there to make 8 a.m. at Akershus? Thanks for any help!

Oh yes! Thanks. In fact, I'm sure I will check in live :dancer:
Looks like we'll be there about the same time. I'll be at ASSp with my DS(13) 8/7 to 8/10. My DH and girls (11 & 15) arrive 8/10 so we'll be at AoA one night before checking into BLT until 8/19 then 3 more nights at AKV before we go home. 15yo is balking about going so this might be the last big family trip for a while.

H CR expertsi! I'm wondering how transportation to EPCOT for RD is working now that they have cut back on monorail hours. What is the best way to get there? Also, I have 8 a.m. ADR at EPCOT one morning. I know there is supposed to be an early ADR bus at TTC right? How would I get there without the monorail running and can anyone tell me how to find the correct bus? Also, at what time should I be there to make 8 a.m. at Akershus? Thanks for any help!
There should be direct Epcot bus service from CR bus stop when monorail is down. I like to be at the bus stop an hour before need to be anywhere so I would try to get there around 7am to be safe.

So we check in in a few days. (Yeah!) We're staying on 12th floor Club and I've done on-line check in. We've also received our magic bands. Will they automatically text me when our room is ready? We're transferring from the Hard Rock and have a 9:45am Chef Mickey's reservation. Just trying to figure out if we should go up to the lounge first or check our luggage with bell services. If I do check our bags, do they have a locked cage (or similar) if we decide to bring a laptop?

So we check in in a few days. (Yeah!) We're staying on 12th floor Club and I've done on-line check in. We've also received our magic bands. Will they automatically text me when our room is ready? We're transferring from the Hard Rock and have a 9:45am Chef Mickey's reservation. Just trying to figure out if we should go up to the lounge first or check our luggage with bell services. If I do check our bags, do they have a locked cage (or similar) if we decide to bring a laptop?

I can't say for sure if they will automatically text you. We ALWAYS have done online check-in, but we have always been greeted by someone at the resort. Last time it was a by CM with an iPad. If you check your bags, they take them to a designated area that is monitored and away from the public. I have stored my bags with laptops and tablets numerous times. I have never had an issue.

Has anyone had experience staying at BLT and being able to check in early? We will be arriving to Disney around noon time. We did online check in an mentioned we would be arriving around 12 and noted early check in if possible. I am guessing it is luck of the draw. When we stayed at CSR two years ago our room was ready when we arrived around the same time. I am hoping the online check in will help with that

Has anyone had experience staying at BLT and being able to check in early? We will be arriving to Disney around noon time. We did online check in an mentioned we would be arriving around 12 and noted early check in if possible. I am guessing it is luck of the draw. When we stayed at CSR two years ago our room was ready when we arrived around the same time. I am hoping the online check in will help with that

We were able to check-in early. We stopped in and they told us they'd text us when the room was ready. being so close to MK, we walked over. By the time we had walked over to Tomorrowland and gotten a snack, we got the text. :)

It's partial luck of the draw, CM mood and pixie dust, LOL. Generally speaking, if a guest has arrived they do their best to get the room ready. I'm sure Disney has a top secret algorithm for Mousekeeping!

We were able to check-in early. We stopped in and they told us they'd text us when the room was ready. being so close to MK, we walked over. By the time we had walked over to Tomorrowland and gotten a snack, we got the text. :)

It's partial luck of the draw, CM mood and pixie dust, LOL. Generally speaking, if a guest has arrived they do their best to get the room ready. I'm sure Disney has a top secret algorithm for Mousekeeping!

Oh I am sure there are algorithms for everything they do!!!! Keeping our fingers crossed. It won't be a huge deal because we will be driving and have our car so we can keep our luggage there if need be, but we would prefer to be able to have check in done so we can head to the parks and be out for the night. Fingers crossed :thumbsup2

Getting way too anxious for this trip. It has been two years since DH and I have been on a vacation. LOOOONG overdue :worship:

Oh I am sure there are algorithms for everything they do!!!! Keeping our fingers crossed. It won't be a huge deal because we will be driving and have our car so we can keep our luggage there if need be, but we would prefer to be able to have check in done so we can head to the parks and be out for the night. Fingers crossed :thumbsup2

Getting way too anxious for this trip. It has been two years since DH and I have been on a vacation. LOOOONG overdue :worship:

Then this is well deserved!:thumbsup2
We are the same way. We like to get our roon situated and then hit the ground running!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter