• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you. Any experience with them? Preference to which ones are better? I will note it is just DH and I. No kids
We like BLT pool better, but both are great. BLT pool feels a little more secluded to us. Main pool has better food options. Try both!

mhochman said:
We like BLT pool better, but both are great. BLT pool feels a little more secluded to us. Main pool has better food options. Try both!

I'm goin to have to try both!!! Haha I have no problem with that. I like the look of the BLT pool better but we shall see!!!

I have a very silly question. Do they do towel animals at the BTL? DD would love them and that was a small, but silly thing we were looking forward to at the WL.

Is the wing the only place with laundry? Are there enough machines or does it get crowded all the time? I read on another thread CR guests can use the laundry in BLT? Is this true? (I would think BLT machines are only for DVC guests.)

Seems like a real PITA to lug laundry from the tower to the wing.

Has anyone done online check in recently? I did mine yesterday and under the section to put room requests it only listed a bunch of floor numbers? Nothing for high floor or low floor or even or odd numbered rooms. We have a studio lake view at BLT and was hoping for high floor odd numbered room. I put in "request 14th floor" and "request 12th floor" I thought I remembered reading that there would be other options than just floor numbers. Did they change this?

It sounds like there has been some online checkin problems lately. Someone on the BW thread said they had the choice of Poly longhouses!

Your best best is to call member services if you booked through DVC (your owner would have to do this if you are renting), or the main booking line if you booked cash through Disney, and have them add those requests to your reservation. :thumbsup2

I just did an online check-in for a trip we're taking at the end of this month (July) and for the room requests I did have a whole bunch of Polynesian buildings listed as options I could pick. But I did also have upper floor (and lower floor) as request options too.

I did want to ask as I couldn't find it easily here - what is the advantage of odd numbered rooms since that was an option to pick as well? I'm already in a tower room with a theme park view, so would the number of the room even matter to me?

Oh, it also listed as an option to have a balcony - I assume all the rooms in the Tower already have balconies, correct?

Thanks!

I just did an online check-in for a trip we're taking at the end of this month (July) and for the room requests I did have a whole bunch of Polynesian buildings listed as options I could pick. But I did also have upper floor (and lower floor) as request options too. I did want to ask as I couldn't find it easily here - what is the advantage of odd numbered rooms since that was an option to pick as well? I'm already in a tower room with a theme park view, so would the number of the room even matter to me? Oh, it also listed as an option to have a balcony - I assume all the rooms in the Tower already have balconies, correct? Thanks!

The odd numbered rooms have the bed situated where you can lay on the bed and see the castle/fireworks. The even numbered rooms have beds that face the other way.

The odd numbered rooms have the bed situated where you can lay on the bed and see the castle/fireworks. The even numbered rooms have beds that face the other way.

To be clear for anyone else, this only applies to the CR Tower. For BLT, the odd number rooms are on the inner ring, and the even number rooms are on the outer ring.

Also FYI, the BLT one bedrooms are slightly different. Odd 1BRs have a separate laundry room and slightly smaller living room. Even 1BRs just have a laundry alcove/closet and slightly larger living room.

Back to the CR Tower, yes, all have balconies. :)

I have a very silly question. Do they do towel animals at the BTL? DD would love them and that was a small, but silly thing we were looking forward to at the WL.
Not silly at all! We all cherish those unique things that WDW offers.
We've had towel animals at each resort where we have stayed, including BLT.

To be clear for anyone else, this only applies to the CR Tower. For BLT, the odd number rooms are on the inner ring, and the even number rooms are on the outer ring.

Also FYI, the BLT one bedrooms are slightly different. Odd 1BRs have a separate laundry room and slightly smaller living room. Even 1BRs just have a laundry alcove/closet and slightly larger living room.

Back to the CR Tower, yes, all have balconies. :)
I'm going to look but is this info located in this thread somewhere?

If staying at BLT by booking through Disney (not Disney Vacation Club members), how does housekeeping work? For a 7 night stay, do you only get housekeeping on day 4?

If staying at BLT by booking through Disney (not Disney Vacation Club members), how does housekeeping work? For a 7 night stay, do you only get housekeeping on day 4?

When booked through Disney, paying cash, you will get daily housekeeping. :thumbsup2

Welcome back, WDWKOOK :woohoo:
Hope your trip was fantastic!
You're a saint to go back and answer everyone's questions :wizard:

I hope I didn't give bad info to eangel12 :scared: I don't feel I've seen those menus in forever but was hoping they were hidden somewhere in the room.
I'm always grateful to those who answer questions:hug:

We did have a wonderful stay at YC-CL and WL-CL. I have some CR photos I will try to post today.

We will be checking in 7/25 for one night. We have ALWAYS wanted to stay at the Contemporary but never had the opportunity. Thanks for all of the GREAT information on this thread!
You're welcome and I hope your one night turns into many future nights::yes::

Hello everyone! I've scanned these boards for months and finally decided to join last night, so this is my first post!

My family and I will be staying in a 2 bedroom villa in BLT checking in August 31st and staying 6 nights. We've stayed at Contemporary the last two visits, but we're pretty excited about being in BLT.

I read somewhere about some 2 bedroom villas could be 'lock offs' instead? They don't sound as nice as a regular villa, but I could be wrong. Is there any way I can assure that we don't have a 'lock off'?

Thanks!
:welcome: to the DIS and the CR/BLT thread! I apologize that your question was skipped. I'm not a DVC expert and there may be a difference if you are booking using cash or points. Hopefully, one of our BLT experts will be along soon to give you the right informationpopcorn::

Hi all! In 49 days, we'll be making our first stay at BLT after multiple stays in the CR Tower. We booked a lake view and I currently have a request for a higher floor, odd number so we would be on the inside of the "C". However, I was thinking that I might like to be on the outside facing the Contemporary marina. Two questions --

1 - How would I state this in my request? Even number, south facing room? Or would I ask for an even number room facing the Contemporary marina/pool?

2 - Any reports on success of getting this sort of view if requested? If I am granted my odd number request, I would at least be able to see the BLT pool. My fear is getting an outside on the northern side, which I'm not sure we would enjoy as much just based on some of the pictures I've seen of that view.

Thanks in advance!
Our BLT LV One Bedroom faced the CR marina. I have photos in the BLT section of the thread. The hyperlink is in POST 1. I think my request was similar to the following: Outer Villa, Marina View, High Floor. We prefer the outer villa because we don't like looking across at other villas and we prefer to not overlook busy pool areas. But the view from the inner villas is lovely:

We loved our room location and all my requests were met. I booked a cash reservation using the Military discount.

Hello!

Quick question ~ Has anyone ever been able to snag a 2 bedroom BLT villa under the military discount? Thanks! :goodvibes
I've only asked about and booked the One Bedroom LV. If it's available at rack rate on the Disney site, then give them a call and check.

Back on the planning wagon! A slight change to our log-o-rail. Originally the plan was to have our vacation then buy a house and have kids. Well, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE :) We close the end of this month. So much going on!! But we are so excited. Hope everyone is having a great summer and if you have a vacation coming up you have a great time!!! Cannot wait for September for our first stay at BLT :) Did our ADRs and FP+., bought tickets. Now we wait! Just need to plan a MNSSHP costume for DH and I :cool1:
Yippee! Are we all invited over for the BBQ? What's your change to the Log?

Thank you. Any experience with them? Preference to which ones are better? I will note it is just DH and I. No kids
I love the beach area right behind the BLT pool. It's shaded and has plenty of chairs and was almost empty every time I went there. It extends more down to the left of this shot:

I booked one night CR, to be there with babyberger, then called to switch to BLT when a 2BR BLV became available. BUT when my TA gave me the total....rack rate (BLT excluded from summer RO) :sick: I stuck with OKW...more money for WDW I guess ::yes::
:scared1: Rack rate?! OKW at a discount::yes::

There is a non-themed pool at CR closer to the lake than the themed pool. It is deeper and tends to have fewer children because of the depth. Just a big square deep pool. Maybe 6' in the center.

Is the wing the only place with laundry? Are there enough machines or does it get crowded all the time? I read on another thread CR guests can use the laundry in BLT? Is this true? (I would think BLT machines are only for DVC guests.)

Seems like a real PITA to lug laundry from the tower to the wing.
The BLT laundry is only for Studio guests. There is only one laundry room at CR and it's in the wing. There are photos of the laundry room on the first page. It's small for the size of the resort, but it's usually not too busy. The machines only take about about 30 minutes, so turnover is fast.

VIEW FROM WL:

VIEW FROM MONORAIL:

VIEW FROM BLUE FLAG:

CONTEMPO CAFE:

Many more photos from last year and prior are on pages 1 and 2.

Our BLT LV One Bedroom faced the CR marina. I have photos in the BLT section of the thread. The hyperlink is in POST 1. I think my request was similar to the following: Outer Villa, Marina View, High Floor. We prefer the outer villa because we don't like looking across at other villas and we prefer to not overlook busy pool areas. But the view from the inner villas is lovely:

We loved our room location and all my requests were met. I booked a cash reservation using the Military discount.

Thank you very much! That is the exact information I was looking for. I spent a good 1/2 hour looking at the BLT Room Views thread, and I think I like the view of the marina slightly better. I'll have to show your post to my wife and get her opinion as well. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter