• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Now, I'm definitely not sure! I booked Tower Club last month, so your booking is more recent. My booking (for one person) reads, "Standard Room - Club Level." When I requested King, she said she would make a note of it, and it doesn't appear on my confirmation. So I (wrongly) assumed beds were by-request, just like the view. But, it must have been that Kings were sold-out for my dates next month.

Obviously, it is an actual booking since your confirmation proves it. Oddly, you'd think Queen would also be bookable as those would be needed for two guests who don't want to sleep together or 3 + guests. Strange that mine indicates neither King nor Queen, maybe because it's for one?:scratchin. Thanks for correcting my incorrect assumption, @KurtC.

When we booked a couple of years ago, we booked Standard Room‑King ‑ Club Level, it was an actual room and not a request.

I purchased this cute monorail fleece throw (and more fun Mickey luggage:rolleyes1). I haven't yet received it so I can't comment beyond it being great since it features one of my favorite attractions - the monorail! The Disney Store online is having a 25% off sale and free shipping, (sale ends today), so that's a better discount than I can get in person when I'm there next month.

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 3.36.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 3.35.48 PM.png

When we booked a couple of years ago, we booked Standard Room‑King ‑ Club Level, it was an actual room and not a request.

It's definitely bookable, you're right. So it must have just been sold-out when I booked. It must be a similar booking to the Deluxe GF RPC room. I booked that as well and requested a king and was told that I would be in a queen, even though my confirmation reads "Main Bldg. - Deluxe Room - Club Level." She also said I could request the king, but like the Tower Club, my confirmation doesn't have it so I assume I'm in a queen. I'm really just thrilled to be staying on the Tower Club level so it really doesn't matter.

We have been enjoying a 6 night stay at the Contemporary after 3 days at AKL. We like AKL a lot, but CR has it beat! From complimentary bottle of water, the vanity items, the much much bigger bathroom and closet space, plus complimentary frozen grapes delivered poolside? AKL can't compare! Of course, the walk to the MK has to be the best part. I do hope they upgrade the pool at some point though, it is lacking in comparison to the pools at AKL and other resorts. On the plus side, we easily got seats by the pool at CR but not at AKL :-)

We are checking in to the CR-TPV in early October. I just did online check in and requested a high floor and odd number room. I really do not want to be near Chef mickey's. Should I submit an additional request? If so, how? Or is it really not that big of a deal.

We have been enjoying a 6 night stay at the Contemporary after 3 days at AKL. We like AKL a lot, but CR has it beat! From complimentary bottle of water, the vanity items, the much much bigger bathroom and closet space, plus complimentary frozen grapes delivered poolside? AKL can't compare! Of course, the walk to the MK has to be the best part. I do hope they upgrade the pool at some point though, it is lacking in comparison to the pools at AKL and other resorts. On the plus side, we easily got seats by the pool at CR but not at AKL :-)

Thank you for posting your comparison of AKL with CR. It's great that they're still offering those special amenities (for free) and have even added free poolside delivered snacks. This still seems to be the only resort that's doing this and I'm curious if they're beta testing this, perhaps to someday add on a resort fee? I'll be sure to ask about it when I'm there next month. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

We are checking in to the CR-TPV in early October. I just did online check in and requested a high floor and odd number room. I really do not want to be near Chef mickey's. Should I submit an additional request? If so, how? Or is it really not that big of a deal.

Many say they don't find it a big deal, but I'm not one of those guests. I'm staying Tower Club next month so it's not an issue since those rooms only go from the north end to mid-Tower and have a wall mid-Tower. However, I always call to have "far from Chef Mickeys" or "north end, close to BLT" added to my reservation.

One visit, we switched from another resort after a couple of days and I was just thrilled to get a Tower Room so I didn't complain. But, we were practically above CM (12th floor) and the early morning table-setting and late-night clean-up and "Celebrate Mickey" song every hour was very annoying to me, but not really to DD and DH. The music does seem like it's at a lower volume than in the past, but I would still call Disney Reservations (unless you went through a TA) and have it added to your reservation. If you're staying CL, just email the IPO.

Many say they don't find it a big deal, but I'm not one of those guests. I'm staying Tower Club next month so it's not an issue since those rooms only go from the north end to mid-Tower and have a wall mid-Tower. However, I always call to have "far from Chef Mickeys" or "north end, close to BLT" added to my reservation.

One visit, we switched from another resort after a couple of days and I was just thrilled to get a Tower Room so I didn't complain. But, we were practically above CM (12th floor) and the early morning table-setting and late-night clean-up and "Celebrate Mickey" song every hour was very annoying to me, but not really to DD and DH. The music does seem like it's at a lower volume than in the past, but I would still call Disney Reservations (unless you went through a TA) and have it added to your reservation. If you're staying CL, just email the IPO.

Thanks! A friend of mine is a disney travel agent so I let her book so she can get credit for it (even though I don't need a travel agent after so many trips!). We are only staying three nights, and one morning DH and I are taking one for the team and bringing our boys to Chef Mickeys for breakfast since we'll be right there. I might just take my chances and see how it goes for such a short trip.

I am booked for my 1st stay at BLT theme park view in April. It is the same week as the Star Wars marathon. I read that the monorail will be running starting at 2:30 AM for runners. Should I be worried that I will be able to hear it while I'm sleeping?

Last edited:
I am booked for my 1st stay at BLT theme park view in April. It is the same week as the Star Wars marathon. I read that the monorail will be running starting at 2:30 AM for runners. Should I be worried that I will be able to hear it while I'm sleeping?
I would be very surprised if you could hear the monorail (indicated by the arrow below) from your room due to its distance from BLT. And if you can hear anything, it'll probably just be a "whoosh", certainly not enough to wake you up.

upload_2016-8-9_12-45-4.png

@AaronInWI is right, you can't hear the monorail from BLT. However, you can hear it a bit from some of the Tower rooms at CR, but you have nothing to worry about at all at BLT, @MushuHill.

Enjoy your first BLT stay!

Hi all - I'm modifying our WDW plans for the 2 nights I'll be at the Contemporary with my parents, as my dad will be recovering from unanticipated back surgery, so we will be spending more time at the resort and less time at the parks. What's the best restaurant for lunch? We are eating at The Wave for breakfast one morning, I suppose we could also go there for lunch, or to the Wave Lounge for a different look. How busy does the Contempo Cafe get around lunchtime? Another option is The Sand Bar pool. Also, does the Contemporary have room service? Thanks for the help!

Hi all - I'm modifying our WDW plans for the 2 nights I'll be at the Contemporary with my parents, as my dad will be recovering from unanticipated back surgery, so we will be spending more time at the resort and less time at the parks. What's the best restaurant for lunch? We are eating at The Wave for breakfast one morning, I suppose we could also go there for lunch, or to the Wave Lounge for a different look. How busy does the Contempo Cafe get around lunchtime? Another option is The Sand Bar pool. Also, does the Contemporary have room service? Thanks for the help!

Yes there is room service available. I suggest checking out the Dining Posts, posts #8 and #9 of this Thread, for menus and options. :thumbsup2

Anyone know which page has Bay Lake room views and location trying to see which 1 bedroom lake view is closest to walkway 7546? Anyone know where those pics and maps are? Thanks

A question about room requests at BLT:

I have two Lakeview Studios reserved. I have two things that I am hoping for: co-located rooms and partial theme park view. How should I go about requesting this? Call and do online check-in? How soon should I call before my reservation?

I would be surprised if you could hear the monorail standing outside on a balcony. :teeth:

Haven't stayed there but I'd assume you can hear it from outside on a BLT balcony. We can hear it from balconies when we stay at WL in the north wing. Just a very quiet whoosh, and certainly nothing to disturb your sleep.

Fireworks are a different story at ALL hotels.

Haven't stayed there but I'd assume you can hear it from outside on a BLT balcony. We can hear it from balconies when we stay at WL in the north wing. Just a very quiet whoosh, and certainly nothing to disturb your sleep.

My comment wasn't meant literally, I was just poking a little fun at the idea that anyone could hear the monorail while sleeping. :joker:

I hop ethe recovery goes smoothly. Contempo can get busy at weird times, because well, people are weird while on vacation. I would also suggest taking the monorail to Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Some excellent locations there. And the distance from your room to the monorail is the same as it is to the Contempo cafe as one sits in front of the other. Have a seat on the monorail until the next stop and then enjoy the new dining options!

Ok, I can't find anything about this- is this some CL thing, or does somebody just give out grapes by the pool now? I'm so confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter