• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Welcome back to WDW and congratulations on booking your birthday trip and first Deluxe! Once you stay Deluxe, it's hard going back. I assume you're at CR? So many new things for you, but it sounds like you have them all under control. Let us know if you have questions and I'll log your dates in POST 1.

You're welcome and I hope those (tiny) numbers help!

Thanks yes we are at CR. I've checked out the thread from the beginning and got a lot of great info so far. This will be WDW trip #10 for me. I've did all the values (except AOA) and a couple of Mods so far. I originally was going to book Beach Club but then saw CR TPV was not much more.

Excited to be headed to CR in January, for the marathon :tiptoe: and a milestone birthday. Feeling a tiny bit anxious because we are staying in the Garden Wing (saving a ton of $$ and spending it on other fun things). We've only been to CR once before, and we stayed in the main building--loved walking out of our room to see the monorail. Will we be disappointed in the Garden Wing? Our other option is the Beach Club for about the same price. Have stayed there before and loved it, but really wanted to look at MK fireworks on my birthday. Plus, the monorail to the marathon seems like a great idea. Any advice from the experts?

Excited to be headed to CR in January, for the marathon :tiptoe: and a milestone birthday. Feeling a tiny bit anxious because we are staying in the Garden Wing (saving a ton of $$ and spending it on other fun things). We've only been to CR once before, and we stayed in the main building--loved walking out of our room to see the monorail. Will we be disappointed in the Garden Wing? Our other option is the Beach Club for about the same price. Have stayed there before and loved it, but really wanted to look at MK fireworks on my birthday. Plus, the monorail to the marathon seems like a great idea. Any advice from the experts?
We love GW! All the feels of CR for a fraction of the price, and soooo quiet!! You'll appreciate that marathon weekend!!

Love GW! CR perks and convenience at a lower price.

I just wanted to share some Disney Magic that happened to me this morning! The Tower Theme Park View Roll In Shower (I am in a wheelchair) opened up for Halloween night and I was able to snag it so I will be able to watch Hallowishes from my room and see one of my favorite bands during Eat to the Beat that I haven't seen in over ten years!! Hallowishes is my absolute favorite fireworks show and the view from that room type is INCREDIBLE! Will be celebrating a belated birthday after almost dying last year after major surgery and maybe a new job opportunity this year! We are only staying two nights but I could not be more thrilled! My favorite resort, favorite view and seeing my first band that I absolutely loved! Heaven!!!

And as an added bonus was just able to snag BOG for breakfast on the day we leave( we are first year AP holders) Disney Magic!

Last edited:
This may be a silly question, but if I were staying on the 14th floor (Tower Club) and had reservations at California Grill, do I need to take the elevator down to the second floor and then back up again to the 15th floor?

This may be a silly question, but if I were staying on the 14th floor (Tower Club) and had reservations at California Grill, do I need to take the elevator down to the second floor and then back up again to the 15th floor?
I wondered the same thing!

Hi everyone! We were just able to secure two rental reservations for two standard studios at BLT for Feb. 12-17th, 2017. It will be me and my wife, and my parents (who haven't been to Disney since the late 90's/early 2000's). My wife and I have stayed at the Poly before, but never anywhere else on the monorail line, so we're looking forward to staying at BLT and experiencing it and the Contemporary! Only 210 days to go!

Very excited to be booked for my first stay at the Tower Club Level in September!

Are you booked Standard or Garden View? If you're booked GV, I recommend requesting a room that fronts Bay Lake. None of the GW rooms have balconies, but ground floor rooms do have patios.

I just wanted to share some Disney Magic that happened to me this morning! The Tower Theme Park View Roll In Shower (I am in a wheelchair) opened up for Halloween night and I was able to snag it so I will be able to watch Hallowishes from my room and see one of my favorite bands during Eat to the Beat that I haven't seen in over ten years!! Hallowishes is my absolute favorite fireworks show and the view from that room type is INCREDIBLE! Will be celebrating a belated birthday after almost dying last year after major surgery and maybe a new job opportunity this year! We are only staying two nights but I could not be more thrilled! My favorite resort, favorite view and seeing my first band that I absolutely loved! Heaven!!!

And as an added bonus was just able to snag BOG for breakfast on the day we leave( we are first year AP holders) Disney Magic!

Great news and a much-deserved celebration! Continued good health to you and congratulations!

Not a silly question! I went back into the KOOK archives and found this photo I took. While it does show a 15th floor button, I know that you have to check-in first on the second floor before being allowed on the 15th. When we stayed on the 12th floor (Atrium), we still had to check-in on the 2nd, so I would assume, unless you're some sort of VIP, you'd have to do the same staying on the 14th floor. They only allow people up to CA Grill who either have a reservation or who they can accommodate without a reservation at the bar. Otherwise, many would be going up there just to watch Wishes.

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2993.JPG

Hi everyone! We were just able to secure two rental reservations for two standard studios at BLT for Feb. 12-17th, 2017. It will be me and my wife, and my parents (who haven't been to Disney since the late 90's/early 2000's). My wife and I have stayed at the Poly before, but never anywhere else on the monorail line, so we're looking forward to staying at BLT and experiencing it and the Contemporary! Only 210 days to go!

You're going to love BLT! Happy planning and I'll add your dates to the Log-o-Rail.

I have a question. With my CR Theme Park room view stay, I will be there for both Hallowishes and Wishes and wondering if I should watch both from my room. The last time we watched fireworks in MK we couldn't even find a straight on view because it was so crowded. We also couldn't hear half the music.

I have a question. With my CR Theme Park room view stay, I will be there for both Hallowishes and Wishes and wondering if I should watch both from my room. The last time we watched fireworks in MK we couldn't even find a straight on view because it was so crowded. We also couldn't hear half the music.

I think that's a great way to enjoy both. The simulcast can be heard on channel 105.

Thanks Kook!

You're welcome.

I wanted to say thanks to WDWKOOK and everyone else on here that helped with information. We stayed at the CR GW in the hospitality suite 7/13-7/17. It was glorious! We had a wonderful trip. If we ever go to WDW again I would stay there. Staff was friendly and beyond helpful.

We had a really busy trip and attended a wedding in Orlando on 7/16 which took about 6 hours of our day (four of us attended while two continued with the parks). My husband and I only visited MK and Epcot and enjoyed the resort during our mid-day breaks and late evenings. We spent an evening at Trader Sam's and the CR pool. Our daughters went to all the parks and Universal. We all had dinner at BOG (delicious) and again for breakfast. We all had a PPO breakfast at Akershus (delicious). My two youngest daughters and I had an early lunch at CRT (again wonderful lol) while my husband and two oldest daughters enjoyed drinking around the world, we saw them a few times when we got to Epcot that day. We had a late lunch at the Wave on our last day.

We rode all the rides we wanted to numerous times with FP+ and stand by. The heat was stifling but we managed. Thanks again for all the info provided here.

Hello! Our first stay at BLT is coming up on October. We were lucky enough to get two nights in a one bedroom standard view room off wait list from a DVC member. I have just a few questions since this is our first stay here and have been unable to find some answers...
What is a standard view, really? View of CR? Low floor?
And for Top of the World, is that just for DVC owners with ID or anyone staying in a DVC room?

We booked a standard view studio last December and were on the 1st floor, on the inside of the "C" over looking the bocce court. Best. Room. EVER. Seriously. It was quiet and serene. So easy to get to after a long day in the park. Easy to get to the parking lot/elevator and Contemporary. I may always request ground floor from now on!

I think that's a great way to enjoy both. The simulcast can be heard on channel 105.
I love this thread. I was thinking this morning about whether there would be a way to hear the music from the fireworks in our room, and the answer appeared - this morning!
While I plan for us to be in a park most nights to see the fireworks, I was hoping to watch from our balcony on the day we arrive. Now we just need to weather to cooperate!

And while I'm thinking about it, can you watch the fireworks from the other parks on your TV as well? That would be nice in case our little one poops out too early and we need to go back to the room, but MK fireworks will be just fine too.

You're welcome.

It's funny how we have called the front desk before while we stayed there and they didn't even know the channel. #justsaying yes , we found out eventually. Thank you for your reply!

I love this thread. I was thinking this morning about whether there would be a way to hear the music from the fireworks in our room, and the answer appeared - this morning!
While I plan for us to be in a park most nights to see the fireworks, I was hoping to watch from our balcony on the day we arrive. Now we just need to weather to cooperate!

And while I'm thinking about it, can you watch the fireworks from the other parks on your TV as well? That would be nice in case our little one poops out too early and we need to go back to the room, but MK fireworks will be just fine too.

We have only done this once but it is just the music with a graphic but still amazing!!!

It's funny how we have called the front desk before while we stayed there and they didn't even know the channel. #justsaying yes , we found out eventually. Thank you for your reply!

That's because when you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room you don't actually reach someone at the Front Desk. Your call is routed to an Off Site Call Center. If you would have asked someone at the Front Desk in person, they would have given you the correct answer.

Just pointing that out for anyone else reading this. If you want/need to speak to someone at the Front Desk, you need to go down to the Front Desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter