Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We have swapped our reservation from CBR to CR! We are super excited! Our dates are May 25- June 2. This will be our first stay at CR.

:wave:

Welcome! I'll log your dates. I never recommend booking on points since you don't "own" the reservation and can't make any requests yourself and you can't make changes or cancel without penalty. Can you book a cash reservation at BLT and apply a discount? Did you apply a discount to your CR booking?

Thanks @WDWKOOK My dates have changed to Dec 6-12 CR Garden Wing Standard view with an agency exclusive discount.

:wave:Hi, up there:rolleyes:

Hey there :wave2:

Hope things are going well with you :flower3:.

I never recommend booking on points since you don't "own" the reservation and can't make any requests yourself and you can't make changes or cancel without penalty.

I agree. I know renting points works great for some people and can save money, but I need the flexibility of cancelling/changing if need be ;).

We have swapped our reservation from CBR to CR! We are super excited! Our dates are May 25- June 2. This will be our first stay at CR.

Congrats! Hope you have a great first stay at the CR :).

Thanks @WDWKOOK My dates have changed to Dec 6-12 CR Garden Wing Standard view with an agency exclusive discount.

Congrats on a great discount! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

So did we! Our dates are different than yours but i was thrilled to get this awesome deal!

Congrats on getting a great deal! :thumbsup2

What "flavor" toiletries are available in the CR right now?

I loved the grapefruit scent of 2013. I stayed at the GF in September and they had a Sea Salt scent instead.

What should I expect in Feb at the CR?

A thread on wdwmagic.com is reporting/speculating on the possibility of a monorail accident at CR with ambulances there now. Is anyone there now able to provide any details?

What "flavor" toiletries are available in the CR right now?

I loved the grapefruit scent of 2013. I stayed at the GF in September and they had a Sea Salt scent instead.

What should I expect in Feb at the CR?
I believe they are still providing the grapefruit at CR, however, suites and some CL rooms sometimes provide the Sea Salt. We also had the Sea Salt in August at GF, but grapefruit at Poly, CR and WL.

A thread on wdwmagic.com is reporting/speculating on the possibility of a monorail accident at CR with ambulances there now. Is anyone there now able to provide any details?
The monorails were testing the new automation system on the express line earlier. I saw a report that monorail coral hit something during testing. No word on what or damage.

The monorails were testing the new automation system on the express line earlier. I saw a report that monorail coral hit something during testing. No word on what or damage.
Latest report on that thread is that Coral's nose was damaged.

Towing tractor made contact with monorail coral resulting in incident. No injuries.
Thank you for posting the good news update:) Hopefully, the tow still works and can get Coral back to the barn for some buffing and TLC.

Thank you for posting the good news update:) Hopefully, the toe still works and can get Coral back to the barn for some buffing and TLC.
This will likely mean the monorail is in the shop for a few days or so depending on the extent of the damage. At least this seems it won't set back the automation roll out anymore.

update: monorail coral's brakes failed during automation test.

Last edited:
Thanks again! Looks like BLT is a great option in terms of distance to MK... :-) Lots of pros and cons to consider :upsidedow

One more question... Is the TPV view in BLT worth it? Since we have our DS2 with us, I expect we wouldn't see a lot of fireworks... I was thinking the fireworks in the room would be nice... :P

Just so you are aware, there is a hefty price tag on the themepark rooms at BLT. You mentioned flexability with regards to renting points. We have a 2 year old and we stay at BLT as DVC owners. We always get the Theme Park view. But we also spend more time in the room than many other guests. During our 7 days, we only go to the park 4 days, and the days we go, we don't usually get there before 1030 and leave usually before 7. We love spending time looking out and watching the transportation and Magic kingdom come to life. We also enjoy the fireworks from our room balcony each night, or depending on which direction our bed faces, just laying in bed and watching them.

For us it is a great experience, but may certainly be a luxury for many, including other DVC members. I have included two photos from our last trip.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 25
The closer our trip gets, the less excited I am about Contemporary. I can't put my finger on it but, it just doesn't hold much appeal especially for Christmas. We are staying Non-club level TPV which looks like more of a parking lot view from pictures. I fear we are going to feel like we're in a subway or airport...

The closer our trip gets, the less excited I am about Contemporary. I can't put my finger on it but, it just doesn't hold much appeal especially for Christmas. We are staying Non-club level TPV which looks like more of a parking lot view from pictures. I fear we are going to feel like we're in a subway or airport...

I feel exactly the same way. We moved from WL to CR because of the construction, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about the CR atmosphere. Just hoping the convenience will make up for it!

What is the dimension of the balcony window at BLT? Staying in a studio after Thanksgiving and thinking of putting up lights to get in the holiday spirit...and see the room from outside. Or better, if anyone can tell be what size strands of either icicle lights or a strand to go all the way around. And how well do suction cups hold them up. TIA

I feel exactly the same way. We moved from WL to CR because of the construction, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about the CR atmosphere. Just hoping the convenience will make up for it!
Glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way. I truly don't want to come across unappreciative as we were moved from WL too. It is just not the place I would choose especially for holidays.

Glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way. I truly don't want to come across unappreciative as we were moved from WL too. It is just not the place I would choose especially for holidays.

As a compromise, we're planning to have dinner at WL and take in the holiday atmosphere. I'm hoping that will give us enough of the holiday magic, and also trying to get excited about the bigger rooms and convenience of CR. Hope you have a great trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter