Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I'm headed down to the Orlando area to meet a friend to drive up to Gainesville in August. I figured since I'll be there anyway and it's only for one night, I'll fulfill one of my Disney Dreams and stay in a CR Theme Park view! It's the only monorail resort that I've never stayed in and I couldn't be more excited :cloud9:

I'm headed down to the Orlando area to meet a friend to drive up to Gainesville in August. I figured since I'll be there anyway and it's only for one night, I'll fulfill one of my Disney Dreams and stay in a CR Theme Park view! It's the only monorail resort that I've never stayed in and I couldn't be more excited :cloud9:

Lucky you ! Enjoy the stay !::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Touring Plans request...no go. Just got my Rooms Ready text and it's nowhere near our request. No big deal I'm not complaining just FYI.

Sorry you didn't get your request, but hope you're having a good time :wizard:.

I had requested a room far away from Chef Mickeys. When we checked in (not on-line) our room was not ready but I wanted to make sure the room was far away from Chef Mickey. 2 CM's discussed where the room was and they mentioned the room number 20 leaving out the first 2 numbers which tells the floor and then we were told the we had gotten our request. We checked and saw that rooms ending in 20 were near the end and far away and we were happy. While at the park we received our text that our room was ready and the room number we had been given ended in 10 (right near Chef Mickey) . I was pissed. We googled the main number to the Contemporary and I called complaining and asked for the room to be switched. It was no problem but good thing we checked in and called early or we would have just been moved around again. This was one of the reasons why we stayed at the Hyatt Airport Hotel vs having a late (1am) check-in at the Contemporary. I did not want to get what was left over.

Glad your room was able to be changed :).

Hopping aboard!!

Last night I booked our room at the CR, TPV for the last week in Feb 2016!!

I'm so excited to be returning to the Contemporary. Our last stay couldn't have been more magical. We were booked in the Bay Lake View, and got upgraded to the Theme Park view in a beautiful pixie-ful surprise!

Well, their upgrade worked, because now I am booking that room, and MIL/FIL is booking one, and SIL/BIL is booking one. 3 rooms booked for 1 upgrade, not too bad Disney, not too bad.

Are there connecting rooms in the Tower? I requested connecting rooms so MIL/FIL could babysit one night, so the big kids can go out and have some Magical Fun!!

So, hello everyone!

How exciting, congrats on booking the CR again. Disney is smart with their upgrades ;).

Sounds like a great plan :goodvibes.

Thank you - I'm super excited! I decided to go to MK since it's so close by. And, since it's just me, I figure I can ride Splash and Space Mountains until I can't take it anymore and eat Casey's Corn Dogs then still make it back in time to watch wishes from my room with a glass of wine!!

On Friday, July 3, 2015 DVC members have the opportunity to view the holiday fireworks display from Disney's Contemporary Resort. From 8 to 10 p.m. the "DVC Independence Day Dessert Party" will take place in the convention center Porte Cochere of the Contemporary. Entertainment will include appearances by the Dapper Dans and the Dixieland Band, along with a selection of carnival games and Disney character appearances. A selection of dessert samplers will be offered. The highlight of the event is the elaborate holiday fireworks presentation: "Disney's Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky." The fireworks display is scheduled for 9 p.m. Pricing for the event is $35 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and $22 per child age 3-9 (plu tax and gratuity.) Reservations are available now by calling Disney Vacation Club Member Services.

AllEars Newsletter 6/2/15

Is the Contempo Cafe the only place to get morning coffee? How is The Wave breakfast?
The Wave breakfast buffet is wonderful! We go there every visit to WDW. I have photos of the buffet in the DINING chapter of the thread. You can get made-to-order coffee at Contemporary Grounds. More information on CG is also in the DINING chapter. Chapter hyperlinks are in POST 1.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is our last day of a 10 night stay at The Contemporary, and it has been great!
We are in a Bay Lake View on the 8th floor.
We a have been vacationing at WDW for close to 30 years, going on average 2 or 3 times a year.
We are DVC members, with BWV as our home resort. When not onoints we usually do ap holder rates.
We have stayed at most resorts on property, and have to say this is our first time ever staying here. It is now our favorite resort hands down!
Any questions please ask.

We are going to stay at CR Oct 19-25 for our honeymoon! The plan for now is to stay at GF from Oct 17-19 then move to CR for the rest of the trip, but if the AP discounts open up for our entire trip then we'll just stay at CR!

We stayed at CR in 2012 and had a great time. Can't wait till October!

What a great resort for your Disneymoon. I'll log your dates and congratulations!

Thanks for the info Miss KOOK!!!!! Me and my girl will use the Sea Raycers instead of the Pontoon Boats cause we want to sail into the 7 Seas Lagoon and take pics of the MK from a very different perspective. :) Maybe its for the best anyways, Sea Raycers are a little cheaper than the Pontoons, just a little. LOL.
Oh, oh… You can't take any photos while on a Sea Raycer, at least not as the driver. DD and I always get our own boat and we're always told that you can't take photos. And, if you get only one Sea Raycer for two adults, it will move v e r y s l o w l y. The best way to take great MK/CR photos is actually from the MK boat. While there isn't a boat to the MK from CR (because there's a walkway), all you have to do is take the MK boat from/to WL and you'll glide right past CR and MK. Just take the Blue Flag boat to WL and then the MK boat from WL. Or you can walk to MK and take the boat to WL.

We will be at BLT in less than 48 hours!! I really need this vacation.

I hope you're having a magical vacation!

Thanks Kook! So that link helps with my December BLT trip! However is there a similar one for CR? Just curious if there are any highly sought Garden rooms, or if the only request I should be submitting is close to elevators/transportation.

Other than the Touring Plans website, which can sometimes be a little off, there aren't room number threads for the Garden Wing. I do have CR maps in POST 5 which may help you. The best views are the Garden View rooms that directly face Bay Lake.

I see some familiar names on this thread! A TA friend has some good deals for a January stay at CR. We love Beach Club, Wilderness and Animal Kingdom Lodge. For the price, we thought we might try CR for something different we wouldn't otherwise.

We have APs this year and have done WL in April, going to BC in September.

Do you think we will like CR? It's me, DH and DD13 and DD11.

Welcome! Walking to the MK is so convenient and magical and if you like WL then you'll love being on Bay Lake. The views from the Tower are especially amazing. But, if your kids like the bunks at AKL and WL, then they might not love sleeping together in a queen, but there is a daybed like BC so maybe one can take the daybed and one the queen?

Touring Plans request...no go. Just got my Rooms Ready text and it's nowhere near our request. No big deal I'm not complaining just FYI.

Thank you for posting your experience and BTW, you can complain here if you want to:)

I had requested a room far away from Chef Mickeys. When we checked in (not on-line) our room was not ready but I wanted to make sure the room was far away from Chef Mickey. 2 CM's discussed where the room was and they mentioned the room number 20 leaving out the first 2 numbers which tells the floor and then we were told the we had gotten our request. We checked and saw that rooms ending in 20 were near the end and far away and we were happy. While at the park we received our text that our room was ready and the room number we had been given ended in 10 (right near Chef Mickey) . I was pissed. We googled the main number to the Contemporary and I called complaining and asked for the room to be switched. It was no problem but good thing we checked in and called early or we would have just been moved around again. This was one of the reasons why we stayed at the Hyatt Airport Hotel vs having a late (1am) check-in at the Contemporary. I did not want to get what was left over.

That's odd how your room number changed. Those rooms are assigned a few days prior to arrival, so something unexpected must have happened with your first room. Good for you getting it straightened out, but it's too bad you had to go to the trouble.

Hopping aboard!!

Last night I booked our room at the CR, TPV for the last week in Feb 2016!!

I'm so excited to be returning to the Contemporary. Our last stay couldn't have been more magical. We were booked in the Bay Lake View, and got upgraded to the Theme Park view in a beautiful pixie-ful surprise!

Well, their upgrade worked, because now I am booking that room, and MIL/FIL is booking one, and SIL/BIL is booking one. 3 rooms booked for 1 upgrade, not too bad Disney, not too bad.

Are there connecting rooms in the Tower? I requested connecting rooms so MIL/FIL could babysit one night, so the big kids can go out and have some Magical Fun!!

So, hello everyone!

Welcome and congratulations. You're right about their free upgrade paying for itself many times. Yes, there are connecting Tower rooms. It will also help if you call and ask to link your reservations. That way the Room Assignor will see the request and the link and your chances are even better of having connecting rooms or at a minimum, adjoining.

Thank you - I'm super excited! I decided to go to MK since it's so close by. And, since it's just me, I figure I can ride Splash and Space Mountains until I can't take it anymore and eat Casey's Corn Dogs then still make it back in time to watch wishes from my room with a glass of wine!!
:thumbsup2

Tomorrow is our last day of a 10 night stay at The Contemporary, and it has been great!
We a have been vacationing at WDW for close to 30 years, going on average 2 or 3 times a year.
We are DVC members, with BWV as our home resort. When not onoints we usually do ap holder rates.
We have stayed at most resorts on property, and have to say this is our first time ever staying here. It is now our favorite resort hands down!

I HATE last days - waaaaaa. It's great that you loved your stay and found a new favorite resort. I hope you get to book another stay soon.

Last edited:
Coming back to our home away from home in Nivember for our 3rd time in a TPV room to celebrate DD's early 9th birthday :cloud9: :santa::yay::yay::yay:

Are ADR's needed for breakfast at The Wave in early August? I'm allowing for some "sleep-in later" mornings for my teenagers at the CR.

Update: extended our stay 2 more days! Have to move to the garden wing, which will give us a chance to check those out!

I do have a question about Bay Lake View. Can you hear the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom from BLV? The only (very small) drawback I've ever found about the TPV rooms is that the fireworks wake me up and scare me!! So, I have to stay up every night until they've happened. Not a burden, per se, but, I was curious about the BL side of the tower.

What a great resort for your Disneymoon. I'll log your dates and congratulations!

Welcome and congratulations. You're right about their free upgrade paying for itself many times. Yes, there are connecting Tower rooms. It will also help if you call and ask to link your reservations. That way the Room Assignor will see the request and the link and your chances are even better of having connecting rooms or at a minimum, adjoining.

I did link all 3 reservations (MIL/FIL's room and SIL/BIL's room). I also requested connecting with MIL/FIL and I'm hopeful we are all together again. They managed it perfectly at the Poly for our first stay, and it worked out so great. I also requested an odd numbered room so I could see the castle from my bed, and that *might* be a little unfair, but, all of this research sometimes pays off in the form of a little advantage. Additionally we requested a high floor and far away from Chef Mickeys. You know, leaving room in case they want to bump me up to CL.....:rolleyes1

So the magic keeps coming, I was able to land a BOG reservation thanks to the Cancellation board! That will be 2 Disney bucket list items with a single one-day stay (the other being the TPV at CR). :cloud9: + :cloud9: = Me right now!

Sounds like fun, enjoy :wizard:.

On Friday, July 3, 2015 DVC members have the opportunity to view the holiday fireworks display from Disney's Contemporary Resort. From 8 to 10 p.m. the "DVC Independence Day Dessert Party" will take place in the convention center Porte Cochere of the Contemporary. Entertainment will include appearances by the Dapper Dans and the Dixieland Band, along with a selection of carnival games and Disney character appearances. A selection of dessert samplers will be offered. The highlight of the event is the elaborate holiday fireworks presentation: "Disney's Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky." The fireworks display is scheduled for 9 p.m. Pricing for the event is $35 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and $22 per child age 3-9 (plu tax and gratuity.) Reservations are available now by calling Disney Vacation Club Member Services.
AllEars Newsletter 6/2/15

I'll be back to multi-quote, but in the meantime, I just posted a little thread with information on the new Epcot tour: World Showcase DestiNations Discovered.

Thanks, KOOK :flower3:

Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

Update: extended our stay 2 more days! Have to move to the garden wing, which will give us a chance to check those out!

Yay for 2 extra days :yay:.

So the magic keeps coming, I was able to land a BOG reservation thanks to the Cancellation board! That will be 2 Disney bucket list items with a single one-day stay (the other being the TPV at CR). :cloud9: + :cloud9: = Me right now!

Congrats on getting BoG :thumbsup2.

Coming back to our home away from home in Nivember for our 3rd time in a TPV room to celebrate DD's early 9th birthday :cloud9: :santa::yay::yay::yay:

Congratulations and what a great birthday celebration it will be.

Are ADR's needed for breakfast at The Wave in early August? I'm allowing for some "sleep-in later" mornings for my teenagers at the CR.

It's never packed in there, unless possibly you end up dining at the same time as a large convention party, but we've never encountered that. I don't think you need an ADR for breakfast there. Chef Mickey's on the other hand:scared:

Adding days is super-terrific!

:yay:

Thanks, KOOK :flower3:

:wave:

You're welcome, mickeynut1:)

Oh, oh… You can't take any photos while on a Sea Raycer, at least not as the driver. DD and I always get our own boat and we're always told that you can't take photos. And, if you get only one Sea Raycer for two adults, it will move v e r y s l o w l y. The best way to take great MK/CR photos is actually from the MK boat. While there isn't a boat to the MK from CR (because there's a walkway), all you have to do is take the MK boat from/to WL and you'll glide right past CR and MK. Just take the Blue Flag boat to WL and then the MK boat from WL. Or you can walk to MK and take the boat to WL.

I hope you're having a magical vacation!

Other than the Touring Plans website, which can sometimes be a little off, there aren't room number threads for the Garden Wing. I do have CR maps in POST 5 which may help you. The best views are the Garden View rooms that directly face Bay Lake.

Welcome! Walking to the MK is so convenient and magical and if you like WL then you'll love being on Bay Lake. The views from the Tower are especially amazing. But, if your kids like the bunks at AKL and WL, then they might not love sleeping together in a queen, but there is a daybed like BC so maybe one can take the daybed and one the queen?

Thank you for posting your experience and BTW, you can complain here if you want to:)

That's odd how your room number changed. Those rooms are assigned a few days prior to arrival, so something unexpected must have happened with your first room. Good for you getting it straightened out, but it's too bad you had to go to the trouble.

:thumbsup2

I HATE last days - waaaaaa. It's great that you loved your stay and found a new favorite resort. I hope you get to book another stay soon.

Ok, well if I can't take pics while driving the Sea Raycer, I can have my Sony Action Cam with me & actually FILM the experience. LOL. I have a head mount so my hands will be totally free to drive the Sea Raycer, I assume that would be cool right??? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter