Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Check out the recreation post, post #11, of this thread for some pool pictures.

Thank you...the BLT pool area looks so nice! I just do not want to stay in a Studio...I want a room with 2 beds. Ugh. Renting DVC points was a nice idea but I don't know about the pullout couch.

Staying at CR-Garden Wing for the first time in the Fall.

Which floor is the best to ask for? I was thinking the 3rd floor so we wouldn't hear anyone above us walking (I am a light sleeper). DH thinks we should ask for first floor to get a patio to put wet bathing suits out, and ease of getting to the pool (weather permitting, we will go to the pool each afternoon).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Staying at CR-Garden Wing for the first time in the Fall.

Which floor is the best to ask for? I was thinking the 3rd floor so we wouldn't hear anyone above us walking (I am a light sleeper). DH thinks we should ask for first floor to get a patio to put wet bathing suits out, and ease of getting to the pool (weather permitting, we will go to the pool each afternoon).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I like your husband's idea. The patios seem like an added amenity!

D0BD35F6-282E-45FD-B679-93803991E998_zpsvrpzdb34.jpg

BED0854A-D266-4E69-814F-A46F67DEA24A_zpsaxhvmvla.jpg

Thanks so much johnsonet for your input.

I do like the walk-out option for the pool, but I assume someone still has to leave through the front door to lock-up properly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

you're welcome. Yes, you're right about locking up.
I think the only place I've had a regular patio was at Polynesian and it was fun to let the children run out onto the lawn in front of our longhouse and then over to the quiet pool.
But in the CR Garden Wing, as you can see from the pics, Floors 2 and 3 don't even have balconies. So for sitting outside your room, Ground Floor is your only hope.

Thanks so much johnsonet for your input.

I do like the walk-out option for the pool, but I assume someone still has to leave through the front door to lock-up properly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
We had a ground floor room in October and loved it for the exact reasons your hubby suggested.

You are also correct about locking up, however we could see our room from the pool so admittedly just locked the interior door and just kept an eye on the slider on several occasions.

We leave tomorrow and I will have some bottled water, bottled diet coke and bud light premium beer left. If any one is here now and wants to pick up some in the morning, let me know. Up tonight still for a bit and checking out at 11am

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort will be open for brunch starting May 31; reservations open May 22. The brunch menu will include breakfast favorites like Mickey waffles, as well as soup and salads, and hot dishes such as barbecued ribs, seafood etouffee and baked salmon. The ice cream bar and Contemporary bakery sweets also will be part of the buffet. Just as at the restaurant's breakfast and dinner, Chef Mickey and his pals will make a stop at each table. Hours for brunch are 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (Breakfast is 7-11:30 a.m. and dinner 5-9:30 p.m.)

~AllEars

A big thanks to KOOK for her answer :wizard:.

I saw your thread about the WL DVC expansion. Disney sure isn't wasting any time adding new DVC :rolleyes1.

Sounds like you and DD are planning a nice, relaxing trip as far as meals :goodvibes. I like the idea of winging it with just the two of you as I agree it's probably easier to get into a restaurant with just 2, without a big need for a lot of ADRs ;).

Right now we're booked for a few nights more than we'll need, but looking at being there just 4-5 nights sometime during the week of the 17th or 24th, just not sure which (if either) will work best...lol.

This cracked me up!!! Made me think of the India wedding Seinfeld episode :rotfl::rotfl:.

Only 30 more days, that is awesome :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

Thanks, I hope August works out, too. I do love the GF, but to be honest, I keep thinking about changing to the Poly :duck:. The GF is amazing and I'm actually booked in CL, but Poly CL keeps calling my name :laughing:......but the only thing available with the discount is LV CL and I'm just not sure I want to spend the extra for that view, especially since I know I'd be just as happy in a cheaper GV CL room :rolleyes2. Your BC CL trip sounds great, I know you are going to have a great time ::yes::.

If you end up next door in August, you can come visit DD and me at Poly;)

LOL about Seinfeld - just about everything on a daily basis reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. I'm shocked sometimes when I look at the credits and it's a show from 1995! I need to get new material, (maybe some new Peterman's;))

We leave tomorrow and I will have some bottled water, bottled diet coke and bud light premium beer left. If any one is here now and wants to pick up some in the morning, let me know. Up tonight still for a bit and checking out at 11am

That was very nice of you. Did anyone take the stuff? I hope you had a great time and safe trip home.

As KOOK posted, how very nice of you :).

Hope you had a nice trip. Safe travels home :wizard:.

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort will be open for brunch starting May 31; reservations open May 22. The brunch menu will include breakfast favorites like Mickey waffles, as well as soup and salads, and hot dishes such as barbecued ribs, seafood etouffee and baked salmon. The ice cream bar and Contemporary bakery sweets also will be part of the buffet. Just as at the restaurant's breakfast and dinner, Chef Mickey and his pals will make a stop at each table. Hours for brunch are 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (Breakfast is 7-11:30 a.m. and dinner 5-9:30 p.m.)

~AllEars

Thanks for this info :goodvibes.

If you end up next door in August, you can come visit DD and me at Poly;)

LOL about Seinfeld - just about everything on a daily basis reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. I'm shocked sometimes when I look at the credits and it's a show from 1995! I need to get new material, (maybe some new Peterman's;))

I definitely will ::yes::. How long are you and DD there?

Me too (about the Seinfeld episodes).....but they are classic and oh so funny. I crack up every time I watch it.....my boys and DH think I'm nuts sometimes when they hear me laughing, but then they they realize what I'm watching and just shake their heads :rotfl::rotfl:.

Hi johnsonet :wave:

~AllEars

Is it just me, or does this sound appealing? :surfweb:

...just about everything on a daily basis reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. I'm shocked sometimes when I look at the credits and it's a show from 1995!

same :rolleyes:

Hi johnsonet :wave:

:wave2: Hey mickeynut1

A friend is going to CR next week. For some reason, all my friends who use TAs stay at CR:jumping1: They're very excited!

so with all the poly construction I can't help but lean back toward CL at CR…it was amazing!!!!! if we can't secure BLT with our timeshare then I am pretty sure CR CL it will be!

:wave2: Hey mickeynut1

A friend is going to CR next week. For some reason, all my friends who use TAs stay at CR:jumping1: They're very excited!

:goodvibes

I thought it sounded good, too :).

I hope your friends have a great trip and enjoy the CR :wizard:.

so with all the poly construction I can't help but lean back toward CL at CR…it was amazing!!!!! if we can't secure BLT with our timeshare then I am pretty sure CR CL it will be!

Sounds like a good plan :thumbsup2.

One week from today, we will be frantically scrambling around trying to get ready for our trip! We are arriving in Orlando around 9:30 am, so we booked a Cabana at the pool for the entire day. We have to be on our way to the airport by 3:30 am, so I'm thinking that a relaxing day at the pool with some shade and nice loungers will make for a very relaxing first day. We don't have any park plans thus far, though I'm tempted to run over to Epcot for the evening to stroll around the WS. I'm getting so excited for the trip!

When I get back I'll write up a review of how the cabanas are at the CR pool. I'm hoping it's going to be an awesome day.

One week from today, we will be frantically scrambling around trying to get ready for our trip! We are arriving in Orlando around 9:30 am, so we booked a Cabana at the pool for the entire day. We have to be on our way to the airport by 3:30 am, so I'm thinking that a relaxing day at the pool with some shade and nice loungers will make for a very relaxing first day. We don't have any park plans thus far, though I'm tempted to run over to Epcot for the evening to stroll around the WS. I'm getting so excited for the trip!

When I get back I'll write up a review of how the cabanas are at the CR pool. I'm hoping it's going to be an awesome day.

This will be us on our first day as well. First time at the CR with our girls and we too rented a cabana for the day which is also a first for us. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on the cabana. Have a great trip!

We had no takers on our extra water, soda, beer so we gave it to the luggage CM's and they were very happy.

We had a great time at Disney. Our room was clean but I had called the first day asking for extra hand towels, shampoo and conditioner since we had four adults in our room. Over an hour later housekeeping showed with body towels and wash cloths (no hand towels) and a bag of shampoos, soaps, conditioners etc. BUT we never received a bottle of anything again from housekeeping. Needless to say, ran out of shampoo and conditioner. We also put the extra towels under the sink they gave us BUT housekeeping took them to use the next day and left us no extras. I noticed they were very stingy on replenishing the coffee too. Good thing only I drink it. We also called maintenance because the toilet room door was sticking and they fixed it immediately while we were at the park and the curtain got stuck too but housekeeping did nothing with it and never went near the curtains again. They left them open and untouched even after my husband climbed on a chair and fixed it. Other than those few things, all was well. We enjoyed our stay and will continue to stay at the Contemporary.

Checking into the CR next weekend as part of a split stay. We're staying CL at the BC then moving to an Atrium CL Theme Park view room at the CR. This is our first time at both of those resorts, and we're looking forward to checking out both places. The past couple of years we've been staying at either WL or YC, so staying at CR will be a different experience.

Does anyone know if they are having a CM serve the wine and cordials like they do at YC/BC? We're not big drinkers, but I prefer to pour my own.

I'm going to try to read through most of this very informative thread, but if anyone has any great tips for a WDW veteran but a first-timer at CR I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

How long are you and DD there?

Ten nights. I would have done a split, but I let DD choose and she thinks non-splits are more relaxing, but maybe I can convince her to split:stir:

I was excited at first, until I read that it includes characters. I wish that Character Dining venues would offer one meal per day sans characters, like lunch.

Sounds like a good plan.

Have you considered booking a cabana for the half-day? It could be close to noon before you could enjoy the cabana so a half-day rental might make more sense. It would be almost half the price and would start at 3. The all-day rental starts at 10, but you'd probably miss out on 2-3 hours of that.

We had no takers on our extra water, soda, beer so we gave it to the luggage CM's and they were very happy.

We had a great time at Disney. Our room was clean but I had called the first day asking for extra hand towels, shampoo and conditioner since we had four adults in our room. Over an hour later housekeeping showed with body towels and wash cloths (no hand towels) and a bag of shampoos, soaps, conditioners etc. BUT we never received a bottle of anything again from housekeeping. Needless to say, ran out of shampoo and conditioner. We also put the extra towels under the sink they gave us BUT housekeeping took them to use the next day and left us no extras. I noticed they were very stingy on replenishing the coffee too. Good thing only I drink it. We also called maintenance because the toilet room door was sticking and they fixed it immediately while we were at the park and the curtain got stuck too but housekeeping did nothing with it and never went near the curtains again. They left them open and untouched even after my husband climbed on a chair and fixed it. Other than those few things, all was well. We enjoyed our stay and will continue to stay at the Contemporary.

Thank you for posting about your stay. Sounds like a room check would have been a good idea before you got into your room. Toiletries should be replenished without asking, and we had too few towels, too. There should be one set of everything based on the max. occupancy of the room, but this isn't always the case.

Checking into the CR next weekend as part of a split stay. We're staying CL at the BC then moving to an Atrium CL Theme Park view room at the CR. This is our first time at both of those resorts, and we're looking forward to checking out both places. The past couple of years we've been staying at either WL or YC, so staying at CR will be a different experience.

Does anyone know if they are having a CM serve the wine and cordials like they do at YC/BC? We're not big drinkers, but I prefer to pour my own.

I'm going to try to read through most of this very informative thread, but if anyone has any great tips for a WDW veteran but a first-timer at CR I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

As far as I know, YC was the beta tester for this. We were one of the first guests to try it out last year and DH loved it and I didn't. I have heard rumors that at some point, all CLs may be doing this, but as of now, I believe only YC is doing it.

Just 9 days until the beginning of our trip (at BWV), and 14 days until we check in for the first time at BLT! So excited! :cool1:

Yippee for BLT! Did you request a rehabbed BWV room? They are still working on rehabbing all the villas, but many are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter