• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Exactly. I have three days left and I can either do a pool day or walk to MK or do both and the great thing is I can now walk to MK and not wait for a bus, boat or monorail to get around.
This is especially useful if you stay till park closing or want to arrive for RD. Being able to avoid public transportation is a huge timesaver at those times and that wonderful walkway is much less crowded;)

BTW, I see that it's about 86 there now. We have a snow day here in NoVA and it's 28 so enjoy your stay!

I was just on the 4th floor getting dinner and a snack for later when the monorail come through and stopped. My first reaction was how cool it was to see that.

OMG..I thought the view of Wishes at GF was great, however it doesn't come close to watching it from a tower TPV room at the Contemporary. It was so cool to watch.

NEW Online Check-In? Does it look like this?

View attachment 80697
View attachment 80698

I have never heard of this happening, unless there is a problem and/or they are trying to compensate you for some reason. Do you know why this was offered? How many nights total were you booked? You seem to have had an amazing experience at CR - congratulations!

Is there a comment area too? My requests would be high floor and as far away from Chef Mickey I can get. lol I am going to verbally have it added to my reservation but I wanted to add it to my on-line check in as well.

Is there a comment area too? My requests would be high floor and as far away from Chef Mickey I can get. lol I am going to verbally have it added to my reservation but I wanted to add it to my on-line check in as well.

There is no section to write any requests during online check in. Just the preselected ones. Which is why I always suggest to people that they call to add any room requests to their reservation. Unless the only thing you want is a specific floor or something like that. The options during online check in are very limited in my opinion.

Well this has been a great trip, but unfortunately I have to cut my trip by 2 days and fly out at 650 am on Saturday to back home. Hey I can't complain as I have spent 5 great days at WDW having a great time.

Well this has been a great trip, but unfortunately I have to cut my trip by 2 days and fly out at 650 am on Saturday to back home. Hey I can't complain as I have spent 5 great days at WDW having a great time.
Oh, no, hope it isn't anything serious. So you won't get to use your free night? Will they credit you instead?

I'm actually on the way to the airport now to catch a 750 pm flight home. They did take the charges for last nights stay off my bill, so I stayed last night for free and they wrote me a voucher for a taxi since I couldn't get on Magical Express so Disney went over and beyond my expectations and so did Southwest for getting me on this evenings flight.

I'm actually on the way to the airport now to catch a 750 pm flight home. They did take the charges for last nights stay off my bill, so I stayed last night for free and they wrote me a voucher for a taxi since I couldn't get on Magical Express so Disney went over and beyond my expectations and so did Southwest for getting me on this evenings flight.
Hope all is ok, I enjoyed reading all,about your trip. Safe travels

Oh, no, hope it isn't anything serious. So you won't get to use your free night? Will they credit you instead?

Hope all is ok, I enjoyed reading all,about your trip. Safe travels

WDWKOOK and Jennygt,

Thanks for the concern. Something came up that may need my attention back home and I would prefer to be home in case I'm needed. If it turns out that I'm not needed, I had a great time, great warm weather and I'm not bitter or upset at all for having to shorten my trip and head home early.

The Express beam, between the TTC and Magic Kingdom, will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015. An exact end date is not known.

The Express beam, between the TTC and Magic Kingdom, will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015. An exact end date is not known.
What does this mean for Contemporary guests?

What does this mean for Contemporary guests?

I read that the resort monorail won't be impacted. So you will still be able to get to MK on the resort monorail, and also to the TTC to hop over to Epcot. The express monorail between TTC and MK will be down, so people will have to take the ferry instead.

Just wanted to jump on here for the last time and let everyone know that everything is ok on the home front, but I did feel better getting home late last night and being here just in case. Have fun to everyone who is either still at WDW, just got to WDW or will be arriving soon.

We are considering switching from the Poly to a garden wing, standard view at the Contemporary. Any pictures/videos I have seen, I don't see any dresser. Is there any dresser drawer type space in the standard rooms? We stayed at GF last year, and we loved it, BUT the big drawback for me was there was very very little drawer space. I need to be mentally ready for things like this. :rolleyes1

There are 2 large drawers in the bedroom area and 2 small drawers in the closet. There are pictures of them on the 1st page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter