Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

That's because when you hit the "Front Desk" button on the phone in your room you don't actually reach someone at the Front Desk. Your call is routed to an Off Site Call Center. If you would have asked someone at the Front Desk in person, they would have given you the correct answer.

Just pointing that out for anyone else reading this. If you want/need to speak to someone at the Front Desk, you need to go down to the Front Desk.

Wow, even when you are staying there. Thank you for the heads up.

Planning to just chill at the resort the morning of MNSSHP and considering the water activities (renting a boat or Sea Raycer, or even parasailing). Can we (should we?) reserve any of this in advance? And if so, how and how far out? Thanks for any info!!

Yay! :cool1: Just got another one of my wait lists filled. The other was a 3 night boardwalk view studio for December and now I got another for one night at a BLT Lake View studio I wanted after I added on a night to that same trip. Really wanted that night at BLT! :dance3:

I'm doing fiiiine on :cloud9:!

I have a photo that sort of illustrates what you're saying. Even if you were sitting out on the balcony, the parking lot is below and not really in your sight-line unless you make a point to look down at it.

15448839519_b43c82a449_b.jpg
Is this view from the tower or BLT? If it's the tower, would a TPV in BLT be about the same?

We will be staying at BLT for the first time for Mardi Gras next February. I have not read through 209 pages so forgive me if these questions have been answered. I have seen conflicting information. We are staying on rented DVC points. We will be in a lake view studio.

Do we check in at BLT or at Contemporary? We will be arriving in our own car if that makes a difference.

As guests staying on rented DVC points are we allowed access to Top of the World lounge?

Can we request daily towel service? Is there a charge for this? And if so how much?

Are there any specific room requests we should make? I have read that some of the lake view rooms have a decent view of MK? Should I have the owner request this?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Is this view from the tower or BLT? If it's the tower, would a TPV in BLT be about the same?

My photo was shot from room 4841, Atrium Club level in CR tower.

BLT view will vary since it's a curved building, but this is more or less what the view would be like: (not my photo)

18367738911_cb4f82b161_b.jpg

There's about as much parking lot as you'd see from CR tower. My photo was taken seated on the bed in my room, so you'd see less parking lot from BLT if you were sitting down as well.

Hello everybody!
I have a couple questions as I am new to the Contemporary Resort. We just booked a trip for next summer 2017 in a Tower-Theme Park View. Does this guarantee that we will have a room viewing the magic Kingdom? My father has always wanted to be able to watch the fireworks from his room at night so thats why we are working really hard to make this trip happen. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a contemporary resort first timer it would be greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone have an up to date list of private dining options for the wishes specialty cruise? How close is the deadline for ordering food?

Thanks!

Planning to just chill at the resort the morning of MNSSHP and considering the water activities (renting a boat or Sea Raycer, or even parasailing). Can we (should we?) reserve any of this in advance? And if so, how and how far out? Thanks for any info!!
According to the Planning Strategy Calculator, the earliest you can reserve parasailing, waterskiing and fishing is 180 days in advance. The boats are at the same facility, and when I tried to reserve further out than 180 days, their website said that it was too soon.
This is the site to reserve boats, etc. : http://indexic.net/event/SammyDuvall
This is the Calculator to find out when you can start reservations based on your vacation dates: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

As to whether you need a reservation, WDWKook may know, or you could call Sammy Duvall directly or contact them through their website to see what they say. http://sammyduvall.com/

According to the Planning Strategy Calculator, the earliest you can reserve parasailing, waterskiing and fishing is 180 days in advance. The boats are at the same facility, and when I tried to reserve further out than 180 days, their website said that it was too soon.
This is the site to reserve boats, etc. : http://indexic.net/event/SammyDuvall
This is the Calculator to find out when you can start reservations based on your vacation dates: http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

As to whether you need a reservation, WDWKook may know, or you could call Sammy Duvall directly or contact them through their website to see what they say. http://sammyduvall.com/
Thank you!

We will be staying at BLT for the first time for Mardi Gras next February. I have not read through 209 pages so forgive me if these questions have been answered. I have seen conflicting information. We are staying on rented DVC points. We will be in a lake view studio.

Do we check in at BLT or at Contemporary? We will be arriving in our own car if that makes a difference.
You can check in at the lobby of BLT.

As guests staying on rented DVC points are we allowed access to Top of the World lounge?
Official answer is no. Unofficial answer is that you can always ask the CM at the desk and see what they say.

Can we request daily towel service? Is there a charge for this? And if so how much?
When staying on points Trash and Towel service is included on the 4th day of a 7 day or fewer stay. Additional Trash and Towel for a studio is $15/day last I checked.

Are there any specific room requests we should make? I have read that some of the lake view rooms have a decent view of MK? Should I have the owner request this?
Even numbered rooms on the North side of the tower have differing views of MK. I believe the closer to the elevator the better.

Thanks in advanced!!!
Additional BLT info is found on post 14 of this thread.

I actually had a BLT Lake View Studio and if I looked to my left I could see Space Mountain and if I looked straight ahead or to my right just utter darkness at night so I actually liked the standard view room much better. A nice view of the Contemporary and Monorail!

I actually had a BLT Lake View Studio and if I looked to my left I could see Space Mountain and if I looked straight ahead or to my right just utter darkness at night so I actually liked the standard view room much better. A nice view of the Contemporary and Monorail!
To be fair, if you were a few floors up from the Standard View room you had, you would have been in a Lake View room. (Refer to this thread for room views - http://goo.gl/1mpo7W)

Here's a couple photos of the view we had from our Lake View room, inside the C. The second one is looking straight ahead.

DSCN1293.jpg DSCN1294.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everybody!
I have a couple questions as I am new to the Contemporary Resort. We just booked a trip for next summer 2017 in a Tower-Theme Park View. Does this guarantee that we will have a room viewing the magic Kingdom? My father has always wanted to be able to watch the fireworks from his room at night so thats why we are working really hard to make this trip happen. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a contemporary resort first timer it would be greatly appreciated!!

You will have a room facing the Magic Kingdom. Put in your request for an odd numbered room and you can see everything from your bed. I could watch Cinderella's castle change colors when I would wake up during the night! There is also a tv station that will play the music to wishes so you can listen to it while you sit on your balcony to watch the fireworks. I do not know the station number, but you can find out from front desk CMs.

There is also a tv station that will play the music to wishes so you can listen to it while you sit on your balcony to watch the fireworks. I do not know the station number, but you can find out from front desk CMs.
Channel #105 on the TV for the simulcast. It was posted by amycishere on the previous page.

Also to add to your comments about the rooms, the TPV rooms are all located west side. I favor the views from the rooms that are further away from the elevator section as they provide a better view of MK. The TPV rooms start at the 6th floor and the last non-Club Level floor is 11.

I would vote for floor 8-11, and request a room in the range of (xx43-xx48) they are just north of the portico. Noting the PP's comment about the odd numbered rooms allow you to view the MK Castle from your bed.

Dave

:mickeyjumPlease excuse my giddy behavior but we got our personalized package in the mail yesterday and my husband and I got soooo excited! He wants to tell the kids today and I said absolutely not!!!

We cannot wait for our first Disney trip (with kids) - but first for us in about 20+ years :mickeyjum

:yay:

I wanted to say thanks to WDWKOOK and everyone else on here that helped with information. We stayed at the CR GW in the hospitality suite 7/13-7/17. It was glorious! We had a wonderful trip. If we ever go to WDW again I would stay there. Staff was friendly and beyond helpful.

We had a really busy trip and attended a wedding in Orlando on 7/16 which took about 6 hours of our day (four of us attended while two continued with the parks). My husband and I only visited MK and Epcot and enjoyed the resort during our mid-day breaks and late evenings. We spent an evening at Trader Sam's and the CR pool. Our daughters went to all the parks and Universal. We all had dinner at BOG (delicious) and again for breakfast. We all had a PPO breakfast at Akershus (delicious). My two youngest daughters and I had an early lunch at CRT (again wonderful lol) while my husband and two oldest daughters enjoyed drinking around the world, we saw them a few times when we got to Epcot that day. We had a late lunch at the Wave on our last day.

We rode all the rides we wanted to numerous times with FP+ and stand by. The heat was stifling but we managed. Thanks again for all the info provided here.

Thank you for the kind words and for following-up about your stay, @LadyLion4life :)

You can't reserve a Sea Raycer, but we've rented many times from WL and CR and we've never had a problem getting a couple. It's a really nice "spur of the moment" activity.

Yay! :cool1: Just got another one of my wait lists filled. The other was a 3 night boardwalk view studio for December and now I got another for one night at a BLT Lake View studio I wanted after I added on a night to that same trip. Really wanted that night at BLT! :dance3:

I'm doing fiiiine on :cloud9:!

Congratulations!

Thanks in advanced!!!

Welcome to the thread, @tinkerbellybutton!

Does anyone have an up to date list of private dining options for the wishes specialty cruise? How close is the deadline for ordering food?

Thanks!

Bumping your question.

From what I could find on the interwebz, you place your order from the Private Dining menu at the resort from which you depart. HERE is the Private Dining menu for CR. I couldn't find an answer to your question of when the order must be placed.

Hi all, I have searched around but can't seem to find an answer. My lo may be too big for the pnp this trip and since we are staying at Blt our only Option is the sofa bed. Does anyone know if the bed rails will fit on the sofa bed?

Hi all, I have searched around but can't seem to find an answer. My lo may be too big for the pnp this trip and since we are staying at Blt our only Option is the sofa bed. Does anyone know if the bed rails will fit on the sofa bed?

Welcome to the thread. @teddygurl28! I found THIS THREAD which should help. It seems they won't fit on the sleeper sofa, however, the ones from housekeeping should work on the sleeper chair.

thanks! i had checked that out but the only solution seemed to be the pool noodles and i have not seen them for sale. oh well we will figure something out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter