Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

These posts about crowded clubs/inability to get food have me second guessing our choice. I was looking at it as a good way to have a place to take a (reasonable length) break and get some nice snacks, but now I’m wondering if the $ is better spent elsewhere…

We’ve got Atrium Club booked at the moment and we’re hoping to be able to enjoy fireworks from there, but I don’t want to pay club level prices if the vibe feels like a freebie breakfast at a generic hotel (we fully appreciate the convenience of those for what they are, but they are not a luxury experience :)).
That's a great way to describe the lounges during peak times!

Editing to add- I've been to almost all of the disney club lounges and Atrium lounge is consistently the one where I find it the most difficult to get a seat.

Last edited:
That's a great way to describe the lounges during peak times!
I’ve had the best experiences with GF RPC and CR Tower Club. RPC can be busy, but there is sooo much seating, and it’s spread out. And Tower Club just generally serves so few people. I have heard that lounge can be busy at the *most* peak times, but I’ve yet to experience that personally. I don’t recall ever feeling like the food was picked over at either, they seem to refresh super fast.

I’ve had the best experiences with GF RPC and CR Tower Club. RPC can be busy, but there is sooo much seating, and it’s spread out. And Tower Club just generally serves so few people. I have heard that lounge can be busy at the *most* peak times, but I’ve yet to experience that personally. I don’t recall ever feeling like the food was picked over at either, they seem to refresh super fast.
That has been my experience as well. RPC is big enough to absorb people and Tower Club probably serves the smallest number of guests.

One might think King K would be large enough too, being multi stories. But no.

Found gran destino club over thanksgiving week, roughly same price as regular savanna view at AKL or no discount WL resort view… help!

When we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel CL room last summer, they encouraged us to take as much as we wanted and to take drinks to bring to the parks. I assume we can do the same at WDW? We are doing one CL night at AKL but will be in the park most of the day. It would be nice to grab a few drinks and snacks at breakfast to bring with us and hope it won't be frowned upon.

I've been to almost all of the disney club lounges and Atrium lounge is consistently the one where I find it the most difficult to get a seat.
I've also had this problem in the contemporary atrium lounge at breakfast and during happy hour. At least at breakfast people leave in a timely manner. During the appetizers they stick around like they've reserved the table for the evening.

I've also had this problem in the contemporary atrium lounge at breakfast and during happy hour. At least at breakfast people leave in a timely manner. During the appetizers they stick around like they've reserved the table for the evening.

Seems a lot of the lounges have been suffering from this lately, especially at dinner. Our last stay at CR Tower was a mess, very overcrowded due to upgrades. BWI was pretty full last month also, but the staff were on top of things. Poly is almost always chaotic. Maybe if they brought room service back to Tonga it would help things a bit there.

When we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel CL room last summer, they encouraged us to take as much as we wanted and to take drinks to bring to the parks. I assume we can do the same at WDW? We are doing one CL night at AKL but will be in the park most of the day. It would be nice to grab a few drinks and snacks at breakfast to bring with us and hope it won't be frowned upon.
Nope take what you want. I also grab adult beverages and save for when I get back after 10p.

I love to take fruit and save in the room too!

Seems a lot of the lounges have been suffering from this lately, especially at dinner. Our last stay at CR Tower was a mess, very overcrowded due to upgrades. BWI was pretty full last month also, but the staff were on top of things. Poly is almost always chaotic. Maybe if they brought room service back to Tonga it would help things a bit there.
Do you mean that they upgraded non club people to come up and use the lounge? That would tick me off!
If they would bring the room service back to tonga I would be all over that!

Found gran destino club over thanksgiving week, roughly same price as regular savanna view at AKL or no discount WL resort view… help!
The convenience of cl is time savings. For a holiday week it’s even more time savings.

The lounge is beautiful and it’s a convenient resort to get to parks. I would go for it.

Do you mean that they upgraded non club people to come up and use the lounge? That would tick me off!
If they would bring the room service back to tonga I would be all over that!
Yep. And unfortunately it were those people that really behaved poorly (Continually keeping the balcony door open letting the humidity in and walking away, taking most of chairs outside, yelling as if it’s their own private kitchen, etc. The Tower club especially can’t handle all that.

Yep. And unfortunately it were those people that really behaved poorly (Continually keeping the balcony door open letting the humidity in and walking away, taking most of chairs outside, yelling as if it’s their own private kitchen, etc. The Tower club especially can’t handle all that.
Nice. 🙄 That would have cheesed me off bigtime. What a shame, it’s usually so quiet there.

I'm cheesed off just hearing about it
Nice. 🙄 That would have cheesed me off bigtime. What a shame, it’s usually so quiet there.
Haha it was…very frustrating. We had a bit of a newer (trainees)/backup staff in as well for a few days, which contributed to slow food refills after these guests quickly housed the sushi and apps. The sparkling water and drip coffee were out of order also.

The managers were aware and preemptively apologized. It’s the first time I had to write a letter to Guest Relations just to emphasize the impact of overloading Tower Club, beyond the behavior of these specific guests. Hopefully they listened & next time is better!

These are my exact concerns… I don’t mind the breakfast chaos (we appreciate a good included hotel breakfast for what it is - quick, easy, “free”), but I don’t want that same vibe for snacks and evening drinks, persay…

We are currently booked for one night at Atrium Club and would want to enjoy evening apps/desserts and fireworks our first day, then be able to get breakfast the second day before going to MK and go back in the afternoon/early evening for an AC/park break. That night (after MK) we are moving offsite to a 2BR unit.

But now, I’m debating switching and just doing 2 nights at WL for roughly the same price as one night CL at CR. That way we’d have access to our own room the whole time as well as access to EEH, early entry, and parking on the third day… we will have a car so can pick up some snacks/drinks for the room?

My major club selling point was a respite from the crowds, but if the clubs are overcrowded and snacks are picked-over I think I would be disappointed.

I love how you put that! This topic came up about a month ago. I commented that it’s annoying when people are sitting in the lounge hanging out & visiting while other people have no where to sit to eat their food. Some people feel it’s absolutely fine to hang around the lounge as much as you want regardless of how it affects anyone else. Some even said the CMs encourage hanging out. 🤷🏻‍♀️.

We just spent a few nights at BWI. Started with a rude CM at the front desk when we asked about CL check in and continued with the absolute chaos in lounge. We had a deluxe room booked but of course got put on the 3rd floor. After a few tries to get food in the lounge, we gave up & didn’t bother going there again. The tables were always full. Our first look at appetizers was of people lining the entryway, waiting for tables to open up & staff scurrying back & forth trying to keep up with the half empty platters. Not a great 1st impression. At least if we had been on the same floor as the lounge, we could have taken food back to our room. But carrying food & beverages down the stairway or down the long hall to the elevator & then back down the hall to our room just seemed ridiculous. We stayed in a garden cottage several years ago & had the same thing happen. I doubt we’ll stay CL there again.. they seem to have too many rooms & guests for what they can handle.

Haha it was…very frustrating. We had a bit of a newer (trainees)/backup staff in as well for a few days, which contributed to slow food refills after these guests quickly housed the sushi and apps. The sparkling water and drip coffee were out of order also.

The managers were aware and preemptively apologized. It’s the first time I had to write a letter to Guest Relations just to emphasize the impact of overloading Tower Club, beyond the behavior of these specific guests. Hopefully they listened & next time is better!

Sorry you encountered that at CR. Wondering how you knew the people were upgraded? Did you get any response from Guest Relations? I got a survey from BWI and was very frank in my comments. We were at Tower Club before BWI. I don’t know if the floor was full but I did check the booking page a few days before we went & there were no suites or Tower Club rooms available. But the lounge was never full or chaotic at all. Several times we were the only people there. So coming from there just made the chaos at BWI even more obvious.

We just spent a few nights at BWI. Started with a rude CM at the front desk when we asked about CL check in and continued with the absolute chaos in lounge. We had a deluxe room booked but of course got put on the 3rd floor. After a few tries to get food in the lounge, we gave up & didn’t bother going there again. The tables were always full. Our first look at appetizers was of people lining the entryway, waiting for tables to open up & staff scurrying back & forth trying to keep up with the half empty platters. Not a great 1st impression. At least if we had been on the same floor as the lounge, we could have taken food back to our room. But carrying food & beverages down the stairway or down the long hall to the elevator & then back down the hall to our room just seemed ridiculous. We stayed in a garden cottage several years ago & had the same thing happen. I doubt we’ll stay CL there again.. they seem to have too many rooms & guests for what they can handle.

Sorry you encountered that at CR. Wondering how you knew the people were upgraded? Did you get any response from Guest Relations? I got a survey from BWI and was very frank in my comments. We were at Tower Club before BWI. I don’t know if the floor was full but I did check the booking page a few days before we went & there were no suites or Tower Club rooms available. But the lounge was never full or chaotic at all. Several times we were the only people there. So coming from there just made the chaos at BWI even more obvious.
What day did you arrive at the BWI? I heard it was very crowded on the 4th. We arrived on the 5th and never had trouble getting a seat at breakfast or evenings. It was like that when they had the chef cooking in the lounge, always a long line for food. I am in the minority and did not like the cooking in the lounge. The food was much better, but I didn't like the smells especially when cooking fish. I am more likely to stay there now that they don't cook in the lounge. I was hoping to meet you, sorry we missed you. WE stay at the YC a lot, maybe our trips will overlap some day.

The PPs description sounds like atrium club not tower club. I just can't imagine it being that busy. There are only 13 or 14 rooms up there. In March there were never many people in the lounge. Most at breakfast but still able to get a seat.

I love how you put that! This topic came up about a month ago. I commented that it’s annoying when people are sitting in the lounge hanging out & visiting while other people have no where to sit to eat their food. Some people feel it’s absolutely fine to hang around the lounge as much as you want regardless of how it affects anyone else. Some even said the CMs encourage hanging out. 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Sorry about that experience on the 4th. We thought about the Garden Cottage but also weren’t crazy about being outside the building to go back and forth to the lounge.

I’m sure upgraded guests were excited, so they were talking pretty loudly about it - Tower is such a small space. The managers also mentioned it was a big part of the issues that weekend.

Guest relations responded back in their standard form-letter fashion about how they care about guest experience and are sorry for the issues. They did say they would pass on the letter to those making these decisions - so hopefully they do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter