• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hey there CL experts,
I have a couple of questions regarding CL. Last week I booked a week at the GF CL (1 room for my wife and I and 1 room for my 80yo mom and her friend). She needs a scooter. After reading some earlier posts and looking at other options, I am thinking of changing resorts. I am thinking of changing to the BC because more restaurant options around the that lake versus Bay Lake and easier to get to with a scooter. I was also thinking easier for my mom to get to EPCOT and HS with scooter then trying to get on the monorail. I think she would only have to fight with the scooter when going to MK and AK (2 parks) if staying at the BC versus all four parks if staying at the GF.

Would you stay with the GF CL or change to the BC CL?

Between the YC and BC, is one better than the other?

Do the YC and BC share the same CL lounge?

Am I over thinking and should just stay with the ressie at GF?

Thank you ahead of time for your opinion, advice and help!!
In my opinion, the YC is usually quieter than BC. With a scooter, it would be easier to get to Epcot though the international gateway. Getting to HS there is a walkway from YC which should take you 20 minutes to walk or ride with a scooter. There is also boat service, I am sure you can get the scooter on the boat.
BC and YC have there on CL lounge. I prefer the YC. YC is a bit more reserved, updated rooms and I love the view from CL WV of the pool, lake and Epcot fireworks at night. The YC has a lot more full balconies where BC a lot less. Also in the YC/BC area is the boardwalk with all their different restaurants and easy access.

My husband uses a scooter and we stay at GF/Cont/Yacht cl. It is so easy to do 2 parks when we are the yacht club the boat is super easy access for scooters. As you pointed out - you would have to do the bus for AK and Mk. On the other hand - if you stayed on the monorail line - you do MK and EPCOT without a bus so it is a toss up. Regarding food - the monorail line has restaurants in each hotel - including the Grand - the Cafe is one of our fav spots and Citricos is just so beautiful.

I am spoiled and always partial to the GF Concierge. It is like being in another world and just so special.

Also with concierge you can do breakfast at both no problem and they both have great offerings at night - especially the desserts.

Hey there CL experts,
I have a couple of questions regarding CL. Last week I booked a week at the GF CL (1 room for my wife and I and 1 room for my 80yo mom and her friend). She needs a scooter. After reading some earlier posts and looking at other options, I am thinking of changing resorts. I am thinking of changing to the BC because more restaurant options around the that lake versus Bay Lake and easier to get to with a scooter. I was also thinking easier for my mom to get to EPCOT and HS with scooter then trying to get on the monorail. I think she would only have to fight with the scooter when going to MK and AK (2 parks) if staying at the BC versus all four parks if staying at the GF.

Would you stay with the GF CL or change to the BC CL?

Between the YC and BC, is one better than the other?

Do the YC and BC share the same CL lounge?

Am I over thinking and should just stay with the ressie at GF?

Thank you ahead of time for your opinion, advice and help!!

Terrible stereotype on my part here, but in reading your post my first thought was that GF CL would be a better/more enjoyable experience for a two room party and one guest on the older side. The Royal Palm Club lounge is relatively large, spread out, and getting around the lounge/tables/overall area is pretty scooter friendly. It's a great lounge as a 'meeting' or 'hangout' spot while others are getting ready, or someone just wants some down time on their own. Plus the beautiful setting off the main lobby, views of the grounds, the buzz/excitement coming from the ambient lobby noise, sometimes the piano player playing, etc - that's a lot of what makes GF CL an appealing place for some as it's something not really replicated at other resorts. I'll caveat by saying my mom (roughly same age) is the type who could be totally content to skip some park time and sit in the lounge with a book a few hours... someone else who is more hard-charging wanting to be in the parks may find nothing about what I just said above appealing!

Nothing wrong with BC or YC CLs but they offer smaller, less exciting (IMO) lounges with no views. More of a place you go to grab a snack/do the lounge thing, then move on.

That said your restaurant observation is valid (although I loooove Citricos at GF).

We visited WDW with two in a scooter (and another one that should have been) awhile back and stayed at Poly. I don't recall any major problems with the monorails once the two in my party got the hang of the ramps and controlling their speed - just a quick scoot on/off and the CMs are so helpful. With the walking path to GF you can now scoot to/from MK and avoid transportation altogether. Epcot is of course all monorail and requires transfering (my least favorite locational attribute of GF), but it's manageable.

Between YC and BC CL, I lean YC as the overall resort and CL vibe is slightly more 'adult' than BC.

Note YC/BC rooms and the overall layout of the resort/hallways is smaller, more compact than GF. I'm not speaking from direct experience here but I would imagine a place like GF would be slightly easier to navigate with a scooter, the room is a bit bigger in terms of it not taking up so much space, etc. Not talking major differences here, but there is some.

Keep an eye on GF for pending renovations... they've moved on the Boca Chica exterior building at the moment and presumably will be making their way around to the main building at some point in the next year or so (??). Disney hasn't said squat about it other than vague references to resort work continuing into next year, so a bit of a guessing game, just something to keep an eye on if you end up keeping your room there.

Minority opinion but I personally prefer the food offerings at YC/BC CL over GF CL, but splitting hairs a bit with that comment. I've always had this thought that with the bounty of good restaurants at GF the CL food should match, but to me it doesn't quite live up (major subjective comment there though).

Unsolicited opinion... you mention better restaurants/dining... if you're more into the foodie side of things, maybe look into BWI CL, as it consistently gets high marks for its CL food offerings and could be an Epcot resort alternative to BC/YC.

Sorry for the ramble here... but hope it helps!

Terrible stereotype on my part here, but in reading you post my first thought was that GF CL would be a better/more enjoyable experience for a two room party and one guest on the older side. The Royal Palm Club lounge is relatively large, spread out, and getting around the lounge/tables/overall area is pretty scooter friendly. It's a great lounge as a 'meeting' or 'hangout' spot while others are getting ready, or someone just wants some down time on their own. Plus the beautiful setting off the main lobby, views of the grounds, the buzz/excitement coming from the ambient lobby noise, sometimes the piano player playing, etc - that's a lot of what makes GF CL an appealing place for some as it's something not really replicated at other resorts. I'll caveat by saying my mom (roughly same age) is the type who could be totally content to skip some park time and sit in the lounge with a book a few hours... someone else who is more hard-charging wanting to be in the parks may find nothing about what I just said above appealing!

Nothing wrong with BC or YC CLs but they offer smaller, less exciting (IMO) lounges with no views. More of a place you go to grab a snack/do the lounge thing, then move on.

That said your restaurant observation is valid (although I loooove Citricos at GF).

We visited WDW with two in a scooter (and another one that should have been) awhile back and stayed at Poly. I don't recall any major problems with the monorails once the two in my party got the hang of the ramps and controlling their speed - just a quick scoot on/off and the CMs are so helpful. With the walking path to GF you can now scoot to/from MK and avoid transportation altogether. Epcot is of course all monorail and requires transfering (my least favorite locational attribute of GF), but it's manageable.

Between YC and BC CL, I lean YC as the overall resort and CL vibe is slightly more 'adult' than BC.

Note YC/BC rooms and the overall layout of the resort/hallways is smaller, more compact than GF. I'm not speaking from direct experience here but I would imagine a place like GF would be slightly easier to navigate with a scooter, the room is a bit bigger in terms of it not taking up so much space, etc. Not talking major differences here, but there is some.

Keep an eye on GF for pending renovations... they've moved on the Boca Chica exterior building at the moment and presumably will be making their way around to the main building at some point in the next year or so (??). Disney hasn't said squat about it other than vague references to resort work continuing into next year, so a bit of a guessing game, just something to keep an eye on if you end up keeping your room there.

Minority opinion but I personally prefer the food offerings at YC/BC CL over GF CL, but splitting hairs a bit with that comment. Most just I've always had this thought that with the bounty of good restaurants at GF the CL food should match, but to me it doesn't quite live up (major subjective comment there though).

Unsolicited opinion... you mention better restaurants/dining... if you're more into the foodie side of things, maybe look into BWI CL, as it consistently gets high marks for its CL food offerings and could be an Epcot resort alternative to BC/YC.

Just a quick comment on the BWI CL - I agree best food of all CL however with a scooter you have to take 2 elevators just to get outside and there is also the scan to open the door to the concierge level after you return from the two elevators. A bit cumbersome which is why that hotel is my least fav location with a Scooter. (I just run down the steps after the first elevator to avoid a second time waiting - but thankfully I am able to)

I was wondering what the current housekeeping service is for CL, specifically at CR. I thought I read that there was now daily housekeeping but on the online check in it says the options are light service every other day or no service. Is there not service every day currently?

Attachments

• 03E45076-F43F-4CC3-A3EB-27A715B69301.png
    03E45076-F43F-4CC3-A3EB-27A715B69301.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 9
I was wondering what the current housekeeping service is for CL, specifically at CR. I thought I read that there was now daily housekeeping but on the online check in it says the options are light service every other day or no service. Is there not service every day currently?

You won’t find it in writing anywhere, but since each CL reopened CL guests at all resorts have been receiving daily full housekeeping service (although turndown service has yet to return anywhere). They don’t have their IT dialed in smart enough to address this so you still get that prompt at online check in.

Enjoy your trip!

On Sunday, August 14th, we have a California Grill at the Top
for 2 people. We'll be cancelling it since we also booked Saturday.
This is a bit much too much food and drink while also staying CL!
I'm releasing it at 8:00 tonight. This is a super fun event with an
open bar. I will also post this on the restaurant board cancel
thread.

I paid for the first 1/2 of my CL stay upon booking. I would like to pre-pay the 2nd half (before arrival) using Disney GC's. Is there a best way to do this? I don't see a place online... just call the general number?

Terrible stereotype on my part here, but in reading your post my first thought was that GF CL would be a better/more enjoyable experience for a two room party and one guest on the older side. The Royal Palm Club lounge is relatively large, spread out, and getting around the lounge/tables/overall area is pretty scooter friendly. It's a great lounge as a 'meeting' or 'hangout' spot while others are getting ready, or someone just wants some down time on their own. Plus the beautiful setting off the main lobby, views of the grounds, the buzz/excitement coming from the ambient lobby noise, sometimes the piano player playing, etc - that's a lot of what makes GF CL an appealing place for some as it's something not really replicated at other resorts. I'll caveat by saying my mom (roughly same age) is the type who could be totally content to skip some park time and sit in the lounge with a book a few hours... someone else who is more hard-charging wanting to be in the parks may find nothing about what I just said above appealing!

Minority opinion but I personally prefer the food offerings at YC/BC CL over GF CL, but splitting hairs a bit with that comment. I've always had this thought that with the bounty of good restaurants at GF the CL food should match, but to me it doesn't quite live up (major subjective comment there though).

Thank you for the very thorough answer and opinion.

I thought it was "funny" that you brought up the BWI CL because after watching a video about WDW CL's, my wife asked if I thought the BWI CL might be a better choice over YC / BC CL. So, now I am looking at that resort as well. After reading several reviews, we might be leaning between keeping or current ressie at the GF CL or changing it to BWI CL.

I heard that BWI is going through a major reno over the next year or so. Our travel plans are for the last week in January/first week in February. Has anyone heard if the BWI will be still be open come that time?

Thank you again,
Rich

Last edited:

I thought it was "funny" that you brought up the BWI CL because after watching a video about WDW CL's, my wife asked if I thought the BWI CL might be a better choice over YC / BC CL. So, now I am looking at that resort as well. After reading several reviews, we might be leaning between keeping or current ressie at the GF CL or changing it to BWI CL.

I heard that BWI is going through a major reno over the next year or so. Our travel plans are for the last week in January/first week in February. Has anyone heard if the BWI will be still be open come that time?

Thank you again,
Rich
Yes, you must have not read the post here in this thread. They've reported at the resort that their reno on the CL floor is scheduled for an 8 week period in March/April though they did not have an exact start date. Only that when you see the resort unavailable for a stretch, that's when it is happening. It is not in Jan/Feb.

Thank you again,
Rich
I love bwi cl ! The staff is so nice, the resort is relaxing ! However to get around it is very confusing lol. The lobby is the 2nd floor. You have to use stairs or an elevator to get to the quiet pool on 1st floor , a different set to get to the Boardwalk area and out 2nd floor for buses. I don’t recommend it for those that get lost easy.

Lots of good posters here but the actual resort threads are also a great resource for planning.

Based on your post above GF or YC should work. There is no “best” resort All have advantages/disadvantages.

Let us what you decide !

I love bwi cl ! The staff is so nice, the resort is relaxing ! However to get around it is very confusing lol. The lobby is the 2nd floor. You have to use stairs or an elevator to get to the quiet pool on 1st floor , a different set to get to the Boardwalk area and out 2nd floor for buses. I don’t recommend it for those that get lost easy.
This is true and doesn't get mentioned much. When we stayed in a regular room by the quiet pool I remember always going up stairs to access the resort and then going back down to get to my room. Not sure if there is a way to stay on that lower level when you are accessing regular rooms from the walkway around the lake but I never found it. Just writing that confused me :joker:

On Sunday, August 14th, we have a California Grill at the Top
for 2 people. We'll be cancelling it since we also booked Saturday.
This is a bit much too much food and drink while also staying CL!
I'm releasing it at 8:00 tonight. This is a super fun event with an
open bar. I will also post this on the restaurant board cancel
thread.
I attended this solo in January and loved it!

Thank you so very much to everyone who replied, it did help me to decide which resort to choose for our stay. Based on everyone's replies we are going with Yacht Club. You all gave such detailed and honest reviews. The information really cleared things up for me. God bless you.
That what we are here for! Have a nice trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter