Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

To illustrate how “hit or miss” DSS communciation can be...
We currently have two CL stays booked, one right after the other. One we booked when the most recent room discount came out (in my name), the other we booked as a Bounceback a couple of weeks ago (in hubby’s name).
We got a welcome card from DSS in the mail today for the CL stay under the BB, but never received one for the other! Both were booked directly with Disney, too.
I’m just so excited to have finally received the card :lovestruc!

Yay!! happy to hear that you got one! It's the little things that are sometimes exciting!

But that’s my point- what if I (or you) needed the help but didn’t know how to get it? There’s no excuse not to send the introductory info to every reservation.

I 100% agree with you! There should be a standard communication that goes out to all future CL guests. I also never received any communication from the resort-specific CL team(s), although some guests on this thread have.
It’s definitely a fun little piece of mail! :lovestruc

I 100% agree with you! There should be a standard communication that goes out to all future CL guests. I also never received any communication from the resort-specific CL team(s), although some guests on this thread have.
It’s definitely a fun little piece of mail! :lovestruc

Ditto on IPO being hit or miss for us too. This is our first CL stay in 6 or so years. I was just disappointed that they STILL don’t have their act together, even after streamlining to one team.

Thank you!

Yes! Plus it is a complicated scenario with 12 more people coming, staying together sometimes, switching up where we are all staying, arriving and departing at staggered times.... Meanwhile I get to plan and book for everyone! Fun times, but more complicated than I am used to!!

I hope that Disney doesn't throw any more monkey wrenches into my plans! LOL!

You're welcome :)

Definitely a lot of people to plan for, but sounds like it will be a great time. I hope the rest of your planning goes smoothly ;).

To illustrate how “hit or miss” DSS communciation can be...
We currently have two CL stays booked, one right after the other. One we booked when the most recent room discount came out (in my name), the other we booked as a Bounceback a couple of weeks ago (in hubby’s name).
We got a welcome card from DSS in the mail today for the CL stay under the BB, but never received one for the other! Both were booked directly with Disney, too.
I’m just so excited to have finally received the card :lovestruc!

I second it being hit or miss. I had 2 CL stays last year and received a call and card for our BWI CL stay in June, but nothing for my Poly CL stay in Oct. I have a YC CL stay coming up in June and I got a call about 2 weeks ago and a card last week. Getting ready to book something for mid-August, so it will be interesting to see if I get anything for that trip.

It's the little things that are sometimes exciting!

::yes::

Ditto on IPO being hit or miss for us too. This is our first CL stay in 6 or so years. I was just disappointed that they STILL don’t have their act together, even after streamlining to one team.
I tend to think a good percentage of the contact issues are caused by Disney's pathetic IT. It's why I nearly always make contact with DSS soon after making a CL reservation.
I do think it's helped DSS guest services overall that they are streamlined.

Well, we are now in a pickle. :crowded: Due to recent changes in Disney reservations, those who have a split stay trip will now have two separate booking days. For us this will mean we will not be able to book the high demand rides and it will mean that I will be booking fast passes twice during my upcoming April stay.

Ugh, do we keep what we have and just accept that we might not get the fast passes we desire? Do we purchase the club level fast passes to ensure we get what we want? Or do we just change to one resort for the 8 nights? :confused3

It is a shame that people who actually book and keep split stays are being penalized for those who book and then cancel to gain fast pass advantage. I understand why Disney is doing this, but for those of us who enjoy split stays it stinks.

Well, we are now in a pickle. :crowded: Due to recent changes in Disney reservations, those who have a split stay trip will now have two separate booking days. For us this will mean we will not be able to book the high demand rides and it will mean that I will be booking fast passes twice during my upcoming April stay.

Ugh, do we keep what we have and just accept that we might not get the fast passes we desire? Do we purchase the club level fast passes to ensure we get what we want? Or do we just change to one resort for the 8 nights? :confused3

It is a shame that people who actually book and keep split stays are being penalized for those who book and then cancel to gain fast pass advantage. I understand why Disney is doing this, but for those of us who enjoy split stays it stinks.

We are in the same boat. EXCEPT we don't have the option to change to a single stay because (for the first time ever) we rented points to stay 4. nights in a DVC Resort for the first half of our stay. Last 4 nights elsewhere. It can't be changed. Now I remember why I never rent point to stay DVC!!~!!%#!

I agree with you. It stinks! We ALWAYS book and KEEP split stays. Why can't Disney either allow split stays to have a single booking window that cancels if you cancel nights//rooms (for those nights only) OR create the means for a single booking with a continuing reservation at a second, different resort?

People in our situation will have almost no hope of FOP, SDD or any new SWGE rides!

Last edited:

In the same situation for July and Nov. Really annoyed, as we enjoy staying within walking to Epcot and DHS and then switching to stay near MK.
I am keeping my split, and plan to hit EMM at both MK and DHS, and hoping for DAH at AK, but if not, then, we will do CL FP.

Still holding out hope that Disney will find a way to fix it for those doing splits, even if it means we have to call, it's better than having multiple FP windows...

We are in the same situation for our July trip. I thought about the extra CL FPs, but I will not give them 1k extra dollars for making this change. If I wanted to do the extra FPs, it would solve my problems but it really wasn’t for us. We will just RD a few days to get the harder to get FPs and maybe forget split stays in the future. It really is frustrating and I’m sorry for all those with split stays coming up. I’ll also hold out hope for a future solution.

In the same situation for July and Nov. Really annoyed, as we enjoy staying within walking to Epcot and DHS and then switching to stay near MK.
I am keeping my split, and plan to hit EMM at both MK and DHS, and hoping for DAH at AK, but if not, then, we will do CL FP.

Still holding out hope that Disney will find a way to fix it for those doing splits, even if it means we have to call, it's better than having multiple FP windows...

Hope that you are right. However, I doubt that Disney will get this changed in time for our trip in Dec. Disney IT seems to struggle with the complexity and volume of bookings required as it is now.

We are in the same boat. EXCEPT we don't have the option to change to a single stay because (for the first time ever) we rented points to stay 4. nights in a DVC Resort for the first half of our stay. Last 4 nights elsewhere. It can't be changed. Now I remember why I never rent point to stay DVC!!~!!%#!

I agree with you. It stinks! We ALWAYS book and KEEP split stays. Why can't Disney either allow split stays to have a single booking window that cancels if you cancel nights//rooms for those nights only OR create the means for a single booking with a continuing reservation at a second, different resort?

People in our situation will have almost no hope of FOP, SDD or any new SWGE rides!

We are in the same situation for our July trip. I thought about the extra CL FPs, but I will not give them 1k extra dollars for making this change. If I wanted to do the extra FPs, it would solve my problems but it really wasn’t for us. We will just RD a few days to get the harder to get FPs and maybe forget split stays in the future. It really is frustrating and I’m sorry for all those with split stays coming up. I’ll also hold out hope for a future solution.

I stumbled on this info Saturday, and we are in the same situation except we have a 3 way split stay coming up in June - 4 nights BWI CL, 4 night Poly CL, and 5 night GF RPC! So nothing possible past 60+5, and really 60+4 because we like to just have a relaxing last day and won't hit the parks. I had been tentatively planning on the CL FPs, but was really on the fence because we wanted to enjoy the resorts and lounges a lot this trip and do the parks less, and CL FPs plus the few other must dos we have in the parks this trip (Fantasmic, TSL EMM, MK EMM, kids haircuts, etc) were filling our days more than I preferred. Prior to Saturday I felt like I wanted to do the extra FPs just because I could :sad2:. Now I almost feel like we should do it, but I don't want to do it just on principle! I hope this was an unintended byproduct of them trying to close lots of other loopholes that I hadn't even realized existed until recently, and after things shake down split stays will be able to book FPs all at once like always. It's ironic, we never used to do split stays and I actively didn't want to. Then last summer we did a 3 way split also, with 8 nights in the Epcot resort area and 4 night MK area, and it worked well enough we are doing it again but the greater time in the MK area. So now that we decide to do it they make this change! Changing our reservations isn't an option for a variety of reasons, so I'll just have to see what happens and decide what works best for us this time. In the future this will absolutely make me much less likely to do split stays, though, if the FP windows stay separate like this

I stumbled on this info Saturday, and we are in the same situation except we have a 3 way split stay coming up in June - 4 nights BWI CL, 4 night Poly CL, and 5 night GF RPC! So nothing possible past 60+5, and really 60+4 because we like to just have a relaxing last day and won't hit the parks. I had been tentatively planning on the CL FPs, but was really on the fence because we wanted to enjoy the resorts and lounges a lot this trip and do the parks less, and CL FPs plus the few other must dos we have in the parks this trip (Fantasmic, TSL EMM, MK EMM, kids haircuts, etc) were filling our days more than I preferred. Prior to Saturday I felt like I wanted to do the extra FPs just because I could :sad2:. Now I almost feel like we should do it, but I don't want to do it just on principle! I hope this was an unintended byproduct of them trying to close lots of other loopholes that I hadn't even realized existed until recently, and after things shake down split stays will be able to book FPs all at once like always. It's ironic, we never used to do split stays and I actively didn't want to. Then last summer we did a 3 way split also, with 8 nights in the Epcot resort area and 4 night MK area, and it worked well enough we are doing it again but the greater time in the MK area. So now that we decide to do it they make this change! Changing our reservations isn't an option for a variety of reasons, so I'll just have to see what happens and decide what works best for us this time. In the future this will absolutely make me much less likely to do split stays, though, if the FP windows stay separate like this

That is a real problem! There should at least be a way to call and get this policy waived for legitimate reservations - something to allow split stays without losing the long term stay advantage. And it will be even worse when SWGE opens. Crowds will make same day changes much more difficult, too.

Yes, well we actually also have a three way split - I just didn't bother to mention the 2 days at Gran Destino at the beginning of our trip in that last post. Not sure why. Plus with 12 people looking for FP+'s together............so unlikely to work well for us..... probably means splitting up often. NOT what we wanted to do for this trip. I am hoping to use the extra CL FP+ (although it will be very pricy for such a large group).

Meanwhile, the current CL FP+ option is a 'trial' so it could be stopped at any time....just another source of anxiety while wondering what will happen to. this trip. If it weren't for the fact that this is a one and done trip for my DD and DGSs, plus the unchangeable DVC rental, I feel like I would like to just cancel the whole thing. But that's just me being grumpy and tired talking. I'm sure that we will enjoy the trip either way. It just will be more stressful planning and perhaps a little disappointing in some ways when we will be there during the crowds but won't be able to experience the new rides.

Hello All!

My husband and I are starting to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Walt Disney World in September 2019.

We know we would like to stay club level but we are having a hard time deciding which resorts.

We are staying 8 nights and we figured we would do a split stay and experience 2 club levels. Moving between resorts in not an issue with us.

We are having a hard time picking between the resorts and need some help deciding.

Here's some important factors for us:

I am somewhat of a picky eater, not horrible.
Food quality in the lounge is important.
We will be experiencing the food and wine festival.
We will have a car.
We have stayed club level at the Yacht Club already.
Again, this is our 25th wedding anniversary!

Please help! Looking to choose 2 club levels! Any advice/opinions are welcome!

Thank you!

But now I'm reading that fast passes are an issue for split stays. Is it even worth splitting?

Those of you with CL split stays coming up, have you called DSS to ask about your FP booking? I called them yesterday and was told that I would be able to book FPs for the length of my stay when the window for my first reservation opens. I hope this is true, but I'm afraid the CM may have been unaware of the recent changes. I was told it should be no problem to book all my FPs at once and that I could call DSS for assistance if needed. I would feel more confident about this CM's answer if others are reporting getting the same information.

Hello All!

My husband and I are starting to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip to Walt Disney World in September 2019.

We know we would like to stay club level but we are having a hard time deciding which resorts.

We are staying 8 nights and we figured we would do a split stay and experience 2 club levels. Moving between resorts in not an issue with us.

We are having a hard time picking between the resorts and need some help deciding.

Here's some important factors for us:

I am somewhat of a picky eater, not horrible.
Food quality in the lounge is important.
We will be experiencing the food and wine festival.
We will have a car.
We have stayed club level at the Yacht Club already.
Again, this is our 25th wedding anniversary!

Please help! Looking to choose 2 club levels! Any advice/opinions are welcome!

Thank you!

But now I'm reading that fast passes are an issue for split stays. Is it even worth splitting?

Yeah, I'm sorry about the fast pass issue that will now be implemented for split stays. This will impact my upcoming trip this coming May too. I'm not happy to have two separate fast pass booking days. But, we decided to go ahead and keep the split stay. Because for us, we love experiencing different resorts and locations. My recommendation for you is exactly what we have booked in May and the one we did last year.

For a 25th wedding anniversary I would choose Boardwalk Inn club level. The location is perfect for you to enjoy the food and wine festival at Epcot and the club level is wonderful. The CM's are so friendly and for the evening appetizer time each night, a chef will prepare two entrees. The lounge and resort while it is kid friendly it tends to cater more for adults. The quiet pool is actually quiet too. When we stay here, our focus is on Hollywood studios and Epcot.

The other club level I would recommend is Grand Floridian. The food is phenomenal in quantity and quality. With the added tea time of scones and other light desserts, it makes this resort extra special. They also offer a rotational soup and sandwiches for lunch. The resort to us is beautiful and romantic. Club level in the main building will average $170-$200 more a night compared to the outer building Sugar loaf club level. The food is exactly the same in both, but the main building will give you the ambiance of the pianist and the orchestra. It is so romantic enjoying the evening appetizers and desserts while listening to the music. When we stay here our focus is on Magic Kingdom and one day at Animal kingdom . The lounge in the main building is much larger, plus you will have windows to look out of in addition to the music. It is also nice to walk along the water to the Polynesian resort in the evening. Not to mention you can walk to the boat dock and watch Happily Ever After firework show.

Good luck on choosing. I hope you have a magical anniversary in September.

Those of you with CL split stays coming up, have you called DSS to ask about your FP booking? I called them yesterday and was told that I would be able to book FPs for the length of my stay when the window for my first reservation opens. I hope this is true, but I'm afraid the CM may have been unaware of the recent changes. I was told it should be no problem to book all my FPs at once and that I could call DSS for assistance if needed. I would feel more confident about this CM's answer if others are reporting getting the same information.

I emailed DSS yesterday and was told I would have two separate booking dates. Ugh, what are we to believe. I guess I will find out April 1st.

I just hate I am making my fast passes on fools day. :clown:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter