Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I currently have a regular room at Beach Club but I really want a club level room. We are going next May and when I made my reservation last month no CL rooms were available. I called yesterday and the CM I spoke with said she could see that many of the rooms are being held back and should eventually be available. Is this normal? I can get a CL room at BWI now but my kids really want to stay at BC.

Historically, Disney has not "held back" rooms. But, Disney has done some things lately they never did before (eg, mid-year rack rate increase this year) so I'm pretty open to anything!

Although, and I hate to be cynical, I'm somewhat suspicious and/or surprised the phone CM reservation agent would have that kind of information available at their fingertips. Possible I guess, I just get a tad suspicious.

Historically, Disney has not "held back" rooms. But, Disney has done some things lately they never did before (eg, mid-year rack rate increase this year) so I'm pretty open to anything!

Although, and I hate to be cynical, I'm somewhat suspicious and/or surprised the phone CM reservation agent would have that kind of information available at their fingertips. Possible I guess, I just get a tad suspicious.

I wonder if the phone CM could see rooms being held as part of a block. A friend got married at Disney and that was one of her choices. Also I believe CL at beach Club is an option for a few groups that book at convention rates in May.

I currently have a regular room at Beach Club but I really want a club level room. We are going next May and when I made my reservation last month no CL rooms were available. I called yesterday and the CM I spoke with said she could see that many of the rooms are being held back and should eventually be available. Is this normal? I can get a CL room at BWI now but my kids really want to stay at BC.
I'm not checking for May, but I've also found some odd availability later in the year.
I've been checking Oct 2019 and the first few days (as they become available) in Nov 2019. I've noted for late Oct or 1-5 Nov the rooms showing are Water view CL (or suites) but not garden or standard at BC or YC.
Just to add, I've been checking day to day as dates are added into Nov. The limited availability hasn't changed so far.

Last edited:

That's interesting, because we initially wanted to go to YC/BC next August but couldn't find any availability, until a point where many CL rooms have suddenly popped out. I thought at first some convention was canceled and rooms released, it is interesting that the CM you spoke with told you some rooms are “held back”.

I wonder why they do this? Could it be issues with the room maintenance planning? Or is it part of their yielding strategy?

Thanks - we had a good laugh over the ice cream - my younger son set his alarm to see if he really could have it in the middle of the night (the answer of course was yes lol).

You're welcome! That's funny about your son setting his alarm. Hope he was able to get his ice cream :laughing:.

I can't speak for BC CL, but I just had my first stay at BWI CL and it was amazing! The lounge is a little small, but the food offerings were great and the CL CMs couldn't have been any nicer! Everyone was very friendly and always asking if we needed anything....just an overall amazing experience! I understand wanting to stay at a particular resort so I'm not going to try and persuade you to change if your kids really want BC, I just wanted to give my opinion on BWI CL just in case it does become an option. With that said, I'd keep checking as availability can/does change, so a BC CL room could open up. Good luck :wizard:.

Hello! I booked a Yacht Club Water View room, club level yesterday using a passholder discount. We have never stayed CL at Disney. We are very excited. My husband and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary while we are there.

My question is....I've read somewhere that when you book you are supposed to get a phone call or an email greeting and a form to fill out?

Please help me with what I'm to except from now through our vacation, check in, etc? I have already done online check in. And already have annual passes.

Also, I think there was a BWI club level, outer building garden suite open as well. Any thoughts on the better Club level in the Epcot area? We want to stay in the Epcot area, as food and wine is going on when we will be there.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry...I posted a new thread under Disney resorts and then I seen this thread...So, there are 2 of my posts.

Hello! I booked a Yacht Club Water View room, club level yesterday using a passholder discount. We have never stayed CL at Disney. We are very excited. My husband and I will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary while we are there.

My question is....I've read somewhere that when you book you are supposed to get a phone call or an email greeting and a form to fill out?

Please help me with what I'm to except from now through our vacation, check in, etc? I have already done online check in. And already have annual passes.

Also, I think there was a BWI club level, outer building garden suite open as well. Any thoughts on the better Club level in the Epcot area? We want to stay in the Epcot area, as food and wine is going on when we will be there.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry...I posted a new thread under Disney resorts and then I seen this thread...So, there are 2 of my posts.
Welcome! I don't always hear from Disney Signature Services after I book. I always email them with my last name and reservation# in the subject line. It's an easy way to introduce ourselves, ask questions, make room requests. You can also call them.
Disney Signature Services (DSS) 407.939.7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

We have enjoyed CL stays at both YC and BWI. We walk to Epcot from either, it's a little closer from BWI. We've never stayed in the garden suites.
Happy planning! :beach:

Last edited:

Thanks for any help!

I have only been contacted by DSS once, and that was only a card in the mail, in at least 10 maybe more CL stays since they took over from IPO, I can't remember when exactly they took over. Do not hesitate to contact them first if you want them to do anything for you. gwynne already gave you the contact information so I won't repeat it.

We have stayed many times at the YC and once in a garden suite at the BWI. I know I am in the minority here, but BWI is not my favorite CL however, we loved the garden suite and that would be my second choice if YC wasn't available. I love the extra room in the garden suite and the second half bathroom. The down side it it is far from the lounge and you have to go outside to go in the inn and take the elevator to the 4th floor and the lounge is a bit of a walk from there.
We really didn't mind the walk because we liked the room so much, but it is not convenient to grabbing something from the lounge on the run or to take back to your room. The YC CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge, and you pass by it on the way to your room, very easy to grab something on the run. As far as the food in the lounge I give a slight advantage to BWI, but as with everything Disney it could change at any time.

Happy early anniversary.

I have only been contacted by DSS once, and that was only a card in the mail, in at least 10 maybe more CL stays since they took over from IPO, I can't remember when exactly they took over. Do not hesitate to contact them first if you want them to do anything for you. gwynne already gave you the contact information so I won't repeat it.

We have stayed many times at the YC and once in a garden suite at the BWI. I know I am in the minority here, but BWI is not my favorite CL however, we loved the garden suite and that would be my second choice if YC wasn't available. I love the extra room in the garden suite and the second half bathroom. The down side it it is far from the lounge and you have to go outside to go in the inn and take the elevator to the 4th floor and the lounge is a bit of a walk from there.
We really didn't mind the walk because we liked the room so much, but it is not convenient to grabbing something from the lounge on the run or to take back to your room. The YC CL rooms are on the same floor as the lounge, and you pass by it on the way to your room, very easy to grab something on the run. As far as the food in the lounge I give a slight advantage to BWI, but as with everything Disney it could change at any time.

Happy early anniversary.
It was a difficult decision, between BWI and YC. I went with YC solely based upon that they are closer to the lounge. It's such a difficult decision! I'll stay at both! Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

Thanks for any help!

You’ve been given great advice above. I just wanted to add that they no longer do the “form to fill out” when staying CL. That used to be a part of it in the prior Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) days, and you’ll still see references to it in old posts/material. But they don’t do that any more. DSS replaced IPO arond Jan 2017.

Hope you have a great trip!

Yes this does happen at the Conference Resorts. Blocks of rooms are held as inventory for event registrants. The rooms may be released after the event registration ends if there are additional rooms left.

There are a number of groups / events / meeting at the YB & BC next May.

Dave

Can someone tell me if boardwalk club closes between service?
As in shuts the door? We've never been ran out during the day but they do pull food and beverages. But we've sat in the lounge for the hour between services several times, at the encouragement of the staff. Once it was raining and we didn't want to walk back to the cottage in the rain, other times it was check out day and we had no room. I think I have seen the door closed at night, after dessert service

This has been a fun thread to look through! I am booked for my first club level stay in July (AKL Jambo house). I see the breakfast service usually starts at 7am, which is great for a normal 8 or 9am park opening. However, they moved up the opening of Hollywood Studios to 7am (EMH) for our whole trip, so we need to leave much earlier to ride the new Toy Story rides. So is there any chance club level breakfast would open an hour earlier as well so we can still get breakfast before going to the park?

I know what the answer is supposed to be to this, but now I'm concerned. We have a package which includes dining at a value resort. After we check out, we are headed to a CL stay at WL, but we're planning to use our last TS meal that dinner.
My understanding is that your dining credits are good and on your magic band until Midnight the last day of your stay, no matter where you're coming from and to.

Last edited:
This has been a fun thread to look through! I am booked for my first club level stay in July (AKL Jambo house). I see the breakfast service usually starts at 7am, which is great for a normal 8 or 9am park opening. However, they moved up the opening of Hollywood Studios to 7am (EMH) for our whole trip, so we need to leave much earlier to ride the new Toy Story rides. So is there any chance club level breakfast would open an hour earlier as well so we can still get breakfast before going to the park?

No, unfortunately lounge service hours don’t flex with park hours.

My advice would be to grab a few items the day before.... bagels, muffins, etc... to have on hand that morning, if an option/preference for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter