Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Our kids fight over the sleeper sofa. It is not a typical sleeper sofa that are usually uncomfortable. These are twin sleeper sofas and our kids love them. Even now that they are older.

There are times when we are not 5 in the room and the twin sleeper sofas in the Poly and CR are always made. Always.

Thank you - we told our kids and they are all so excited. They loved the room but so excited about staying at the AKL no matter what.

MY kids always fight over the sleeper sofa too, it's comfortable and they think it's a fun place to sleep!

Our experience is the exact opposite with the sleeper. CL at the Contemporary AND the YC have never had the sleeper sofa ready and we are ALWAYS booked for a family of 5. BC CL has had it ready for us before but not once at the Contemporary and YC. We are at the Grand this year, so we will see!

Hello! We are looking at renting DVC points to stay club studio at AKL in December. Does anyone know if we can request a roll-away bed? We can't afford a one bedroom and DS and DD are easier if they don't share a bed. I wasn't sure if this was an option or not. Thanks!

Hello! We are looking at renting DVC points to stay club studio at AKL in December. Does anyone know if we can request a roll-away bed? We can't afford a one bedroom and DS and DD are easier if they don't share a bed. I wasn't sure if this was an option or not. Thanks!

Not to burst your bubble but there's only 5 of these rooms and they were gone in Jan. So unless you are renting a reservation that someone has already made, you should look at different options. Roll away is not option, there would be no where for it with the bed pulled out.

I will be in need of no planning services with the CL staff since this trip is mostly a resort/relax trip, with the exception of one day at Typhoon Lagoon. I just wonder if the CL team will be trying to contact me in regards to this trip? My only wish, maybe hooking me up with some Zebra Domes!:teeth::teeth::teeth:

I'm guessing you are staying at AKL CL? I've stayed there more times than I can count and have never seen the zebra domes in the lounge, so don't count on that and the CL CMs at WDW don't go get stuff for you that's not already in the lounge. Not all hope is lost though....you can get A, as in 1, free one by doing the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko and they have them in 4 packs in the Mara quick service downstairs for $5 ish or a snack credit. I think you can also contact private dining and pay to have some delivered to your room.

I'm guessing you are staying at AKL CL? I've stayed there more times than I can count and have never seen the zebra domes in the lounge, so don't count on that and the CL CMs at WDW don't go get stuff for you that's not already in the lounge. Not all hope is lost though....you can get A, as in 1, free one by doing the culinary tour of Boma and Jiko and they have them in 4 packs in the Mara quick service downstairs for $5 ish or a snack credit. I think you can also contact private dining and pay to have some delivered to your room.
Ya, I'm expecting to have to purchase them. I just wonder how many they would prepare back in the day when they did have them in the lounge and how long it took for them to be completely out.

We are not new to WDW, just CL :) Kids are 11 (girl) and 13 (boy). I am a control freak soo will do my own ADRs and FP ahead of time. But if I am interested in booking a boat rental for example, I can use them to do that? Thanks :)

Yeah, they can do things like Illuminations cruises and similar activities. It’s one of the benefits I enjoy with CL... checking availability and booking things you can’t otherwise do online. Like today, I checked availability / booked a cabana through a couple of e-mails back and forth. Quick and easy.

They do need your credit card on file to book anything that requires payment at the time of booking, and you need to call to give them that info.

Hope that helps!

What timeframes are the foods put out for CL? May sound like a particular question but do they leave "cold" food items out for hours if not eaten, without being refrigerated?

Too funny!

I actually felt pretty foolish that I didn't really understand the savanna grounds before our safari. I just sort of assumed it was all one thing. It was fascinating to hear from the CMs how operationally they are really totally different in nearly every respect.

Did you ask for wine refills at dinner? We had a fellow table mate who... well... was somewhat similar. My only one minor complaint about the whole setup is that I wish they would have kept the wine coming a little bit more. ;-)

Sorry this is so OT all.

The safari really was very interesting! One fun thing I remember was that our kids had made "puzzle feeders" for the giraffes earlier in the day as one of the resort activities, and while we were on the safari, we saw the giraffes eating them!

I agree about the wine! I did ask for a refill (or two) - but yes, it was not family style like the rest of the meal. That would have been great! And to be clear, I'm not sure if the wine helped my neighbor deal with her disappointment, but it did help me to be a supportive listener (although I thought the whole thing was fantastic)! Meanwhile, my husband is on the other side of me, laughing it up with this other more boisterous crowd! But it was all part of the charm for me, I guess! I would love to do it again!

I was so excited! Then I looked at the dates - we're there June 10-21. :sad::sad::sad: This is possibly the best thing we have ever done at Disney!

@got15 ? Maybe you will find out the end of the month when you there?

I haven't really seen anything other than maybe just some maintenance, FYI the lounge was just updated/redone in 2015.

I will check it out when I am there and report back...as of now, we haven't received any notifications that construction/room changes/updates etc are being done while we are staying at SL

@GADisneyDad14
From your post with a copy of the offerings, at AKL, it sounds like breakfast is really just juice, pasties, and cereal. No rolls (croissants, bread, etc), cheeses, cold cuts, or cream cheese and bagels.
I really loved that ham and cheese croissant for breakfast each morning. I really don't care about the lack of hot food, but was hoping for a more substantial breakfast.

@GADisneyDad14
From your post with a copy of the offerings, at AKL, it sounds like breakfast is really just juice, pasties, and cereal. No rolls (croissants, bread, etc), cheeses, cold cuts, or cream cheese and bagels.
I really loved that ham and cheese croissant for breakfast each morning. I really don't care about the lack of hot food, but was hoping for a more substantial breakfast.

That pamphlet dramatically undersells breakfast at AKL CL. I actually found it to be the best / most substantial breakfast we have experienced in our CL travels, and I use the word “best” without any hesitation. I am going to miss it dearly next time we stay somewhere else.

If you scroll past the room posts, you’ll eventually get to breakfast photos here which will tell the whole story:
AKL CL - April 2018

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter