Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Re: Bottled Water

Dec 2016 - WL - they had bottled waters in the fridge at lunch time. We would ask for them in the morning to take to the parks and CMs were happy to provide.

Feb 2017 - CR - 1 large bottle replaced in the room each day, none available from lounge (even when asking CMs)

May 2017 - WL - no water bottles out, but we asked CMs and got some small bottles each morning

August 2017 - BC - no water bottles out, none available when we asked CMs

Dec 2017 - Poly - no water bottles out, none available when we asked CMs

Of course, these things seem to change all the time... so who knows if any of this is still accurate.

That’s so crazy, I also stayed at WL in May 2017 and there were bottles of water in the fridge! Just goes to show that tho ha can change on a whim and not to really expect anything in particular.

I have read this thread from start to finish and there was conflicting information. Some say it was there, some say it wasn't. That is why I sent an email to begin with. I was just relaying the 'reason' he gave for the water not being available in the lounges. I found it amusing.
I wasn't criticizing you in any way! I don't fault you for asking someone who should know the answer. My comment was on the misinformation from DSS. And also making sure you (and others) knew that DSS CMs aren't in the actual resort club lounges.

But, although they're not in the lounges, you can them to confirm with the WL lounge whether they still have bottled water in the fridge. We found DSS last year to be helpful in this regard. We prefer Coke Zero to Diet Coke, and the DSS CM contacted both SL and WL to inquire about Coke Zero for us. (FWIW: SL doesn't stock it; WL does).

On the topic of water bottle, how can we get our water fill if we bring our own bottles?? Is there a soda station like the QS places or need to ask the lounge staff? p.s. I will be staying at Poly
Just got back from split with Pol CL, BC CL and AKL CL. Poly and BC refilled any personal bottles; AKL would give water bottles if asked. AKL did not refill personal bottles.

15 days out and I'm starting to second guess myself. I didn't make dinner adrs. Are the offerings at BW enough to fill you up for dinner? What do they have for kids? Just a little nervous as there aren't as many QS options available if we're still a little hungry.

15 days out and I'm starting to second guess myself. I didn't make dinner adrs. Are the offerings at BW enough to fill you up for dinner? What do they have for kids? Just a little nervous as there aren't as many QS options available if we're still a little hungry.

We just returned from a short stay at the BW. It was only two nights, but it made a BIG impression! The food was amazing and it was very filling! The chef told me that with the hot hor d'oeuvres, they rotate each night between a sampling from the three restaurants downstairs: Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno and ESPN. Not sure if they've always done this or if it's new, or just something short term? Our first night was Flying Fish - I don't remember much about the fish but it was delicious, maybe tilapia? Also steak tips, fingerling potatoes and green beans - it seemed more like a meal than appetizers. Anyway, I'm not even much of a steak person and I thought they were unbelievable.

Our second night was Trattoria al Forno. The chef had told me the first night that it would be Venetian mussels and gnocchi - I told him it was my favorite! The next night, after we sat down, my DH went up to get some, and I asked him to get me some too. He told me the chef saw me come in and was plating up mine special to bring it over, lol! It was fantastic! I would add a picture, but I borrowed my husband's phone to take a picture and he hasn't sent it to me yet. There were also mini lobster rolls that were quite good.

The food was so good, that DH and I actually had a serious discussion about coming back our checkout evening for ESPN night, even though we were headed to AKL CL where we've stayed before and loved the food and were looking forward to that. We decided that was too complicated, lol!

My kids did fairly well there, but we did supplement with the handy pizza window downstairs! Enjoy!

I have read this thread from start to finish and there was conflicting information. Some say it was there, some say it wasn't. That is why I sent an email to begin with. I was just relaying the 'reason' he gave for the water not being available in the lounges. I found it amusing.
I think part of the problem is that some CLs DO provide water bottles and some do not. It's not the same for each CL.
I recently stayed at BC CL and they did not provide water bottles, even when asked. However, at other CL lounges (notably Poly and WL) they are either available in the refrigerators, or by asking.
So, you're not getting conflicting information, you're getting first hand reports that are very recent from different club level lounges.

We found the offerings to be plenty for dinner. Chef Redgie always made sure that our kids had something to eat and actually made separate dishes for them a couple of nights because he was worried that they didn't eat enough! We didn't ask for this, he just did it. As others have said you have the pizza window on the BW plus BW bakery, which I think is very good. You also have a stand on the BW that serves carnival food, footlongs, corndogs, nachos, chicken fingers, fries, etc. Also the Dolphin has Picabo cafeteria which is open 24/7. It only takes 5-10 min to walk there. Then across the lake you have BC/YC and each has their own marketplace but they are the most limited of the bunch. You can also make reservations for several restaurants on Open Table (loving Sanaa, right now) to avoid paying the no show fee .

:goodvibes:confused3

I agree. I don’t know why they seem to have drawn the line at bottled water :confused3. I wouldn’t have thought it would be any more problem or overused than soft drinks or beer, but I guess I’m wrong. I’ve never had bottled water available at any CL stay- we’ve done Poly, Atrium Club, RPC, YC, and WL. Some of the ones I’ve stayed at have apparantely had bottled water at times, but never when we’ve stayed.
We stayed at WL 4/11-4/16, they have bottled water in the fridge for the taking anytime, morning, afternoon, night. The small Dasani bottles. We took a couple with us each morning for the trips to the parks. Didnt have to ask, just the same as the soda. There were no water bottles in BC when we did the split stay.

I think part of the problem is that some CLs DO provide water bottles and some do not. It's not the same for each CL.
I recently stayed at BC CL and they did not provide water bottles, even when asked. However, at other CL lounges (notably Poly and WL) they are either available in the refrigerators, or by asking.
So, you're not getting conflicting information, you're getting first hand reports that are very recent from different club level lounges.

And to make it worse, it changes within the same resort. For example, poly had water bottles for your trip, but none (even if you ask) when we were there dec 2017.

Is the AKL the only CL that has five service times in the lounge? And if so, I wonder why?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter