Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks mickeynut1. There was no availability for my dates for BWI CL which is why we went YC CL. That and the allure of stormalong bay. Can't wait!

Well the other day, after the horseback riding, I emailed DSS and asked them for who I can complain to. Yesterday I get an email from someone named Dave, he apologizes and starts saying but we did get you SOA, he missed the point, I wanted catagory 1, then he says but we could get you horse back riding, but the point was at the time you wanted, I called and got the time I wanted, who is going DSS or me. He says they can do everything I asked for. And apologized again. Today, I get a second email from him again saying how much they have done, and he is sorry that staff told me they would call on the caring for elephants and did not, and told me they would call on flag ceremony and did not, and told me they would call on room accommodations for the disability and they did not, but he assures me that they are all marked. And I can trust him.

My problem, 8 years ago they were all marked and I ended up falling in the pond at POR. 2 years ago they were all marked and I ended up hurting my leg when I tripped over the laundry BC thru in the hall each day and left for hours. I have called and been told every year for 8 years that I wanted a tape recording of the evacuation procedure from my room, yet I have not received it, or even in braille, not one hotel has it. So why should I trust him now. Everything I have asked for has not been done, or I had to do it to get it done.

And to answer the question as to how much of the money on concierge goes to DSS, they tell me none, it is complimentary. So if it is free I guess we get what we paid for. I wish they would go to a system like DL, concierge do not get anyone rescues, do or better room, but they charge less for CL, since we don't get the service either we should just get a break in the price and pay less for CL.

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Can anyone point me to recent reviews of BWI CL or just tell me why you did it did not like it? I used the search tool but I'm only getting stuff from 5 years ago and beyond. I thought I saw something about a chef station, recently?

Looks like you've already had input/made your decission, but just echoing another positive review of BWI CL. I haven't been, but my wife stayed there for a long weekend for the Princess Half back at the end of Feb. There were some things about the resort itself that she didn't necessarily like, but from a pure CL perspective she really enjoyed it. She loved the food/beverage offerings and (with one exception) gave high marks to the CMs. During our GF SL trip a few weeks ago she said several times comments along the lines of "the food was better at BWI" or "the CMs were much nicer there" - FWIW.

Attached are some of her lounge pics in case helpful. Have fun!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 50
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 12.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 13.jpeg
    13.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 50
Looks like you've already had input/made your decission, but just echoing another positive review of BWI CL. I haven't been, but my wife stayed there for a long weekend for the Princess Half back at the end of Feb. There were some things about the resort itself that she didn't necessarily like, but from a pure CL perspective she really enjoyed it. She loved the food/beverage offerings and (with one exception) gave high marks to the CMs. During our GF SL trip a few weeks ago she said several times comments along the lines of "the food was better at BWI" or "the CMs were much nicer there" - FWIW.

Attached are some of her lounge pics in case helpful. Have fun!

Thank you, yes those are very helpful! This stay is for our anniversary and my DH rarely asks for anything so when he actually had an opinion on where to stay, I was shocked. I'm the crazy WDW one and he just tolerates it because he knows it makes me happy. But hearing from you all doesn't make me doubt this decision at all. We will be staying at BC CL three weeks after this stay so I'll be sure to report back.

Thank you, yes those are very helpful! This stay is for our anniversary and my DH rarely asks for anything so when he actually had an opinion on where to stay, I was shocked. I'm the crazy WDW one and he just tolerates it because he knows it makes me happy. But hearing from you all doesn't make me doubt this decision at all. We will be staying at BC CL three weeks after this stay so I'll be sure to report back.
Sounds like us! We are lucky ladies that dh indulges us so.

Have a happy anniversary!

Can anyone point me to recent reviews of BWI CL or just tell me why you did it did not like it? I used the search tool but I'm only getting stuff from 5 years ago and beyond. I thought I saw something about a chef station, recently?

We have stayed at the BWI CL many times but haven't stayed there since Aug '15 so I don't know about current food offerings but I do know about the CMs. We have now stayed at all of the CLs except AK CL and I can truly say that the BWI CL has the best CMs in all. Not to say that we didn't have nice CMs at the other CLs but BWI CLs CMs went about and beyond and there are many of them. Anita and Lorenzo are two that we love. Lorenzo heard we were making a video and had no problem singing for the camera to be in our video. That is the July/August 2015 video link below. We are staying there again this summer and we can't wait.

My sisters and I stayed at the BWI CL last month and it was amazing. My first time CL, but my sisters had both stayed at other wdw resorts CL and they seemed very impressed too. The staff was so nice and helpful, and the food was plentiful and delicious. When we checked in around 1pm they had someone at s little station making fresh baked cookies and had ice cream to make homemade cookie sandwiches.

That night they had a chef making chicken and Mickey waffles. Each night they had a chef doing some app or other, along with all the other offerings. On the Sunday morning they had some more substantial brunch offerings, including a Bloody Mary bar.

My family and I are going in July and staying at YC CL and part of me is wondering if it could possibly live up to BWI CL.

Thanks for the information. We are staying there this summer and look forward to the new food offerings. It sounds wonderful.

[QUOTE="mtemm, post: 57548707, member: 3458" When we checked in around 1pm they had someone at s little station making fresh baked cookies and had ice cream to make homemade cookie sandwiches.
[/QUOTE]

Is it wrong that this is the kind of "chef's station" that I am most impressed with? I am drooling over the thought of ice cream with a fresh baked cookie right now. I get them at MK but having one made right in the lounge. Heaven! Almost to double digits, almost to double digits........

[QUOTE="mtemm, post: 57548707, member: 3458" When we checked in around 1pm they had someone at s little station making fresh baked cookies and had ice cream to make homemade cookie sandwiches.

Is it wrong that this is the kind of "chef's station" that I am most impressed with? I am drooling over the thought of ice cream with a fresh baked cookie right now. I get them at MK but having one made right in the lounge. Heaven! Almost to double digits, almost to double digits........[/QUOTE]

No, not wrong at all! I was thinking the same thing and I'm a dietitian!

Oh and I meant to ask does BWI CL have a "kids section", to sit in...not food. I can't tell from the pics I've seen. Its not a deal breaker but I was just curious.

Hi there. Sounds like a fun trip! YC rooms were just renovated and look really nice. I bet your grandkids will love that pool.

I would suggest you have to take all comments you read on here with a grain of salt, mine included! All of our opinions and experiences are helpful from a "body of work" perspective, but some of this is so subjective.

You can flip back further and find glowing reviews of DSS and their helpfulness with booking ADRs and such. Personally my experiences with them have been excellent, although my needs are limited to things like adding room requests to my reservation, booking cabanas, etc. I do ADR booking myself.

As with everything at WDW experiences can vary quite a bit based on particular CMs. Sometimes you get the rose, sometimes you get a dud. This applies anywhere though - from DSS, to the person checking you in, to the person pouring your wine in the lounge. I'm not making excuses for anything or saying it's right, just relaying that experiences can vary.

One thing I will note, DSS can't really do anything for you that you otherwise could do for yourself. If you don't see availability for BOG on a certain date, they won't either. They don't have a secret stash of ADRs available.

As to your "what does the $1000 get" that answer will vary from person to person, but here's how I look at it:

- Access to the lounge, an "extra" space outside the room to be if someone is sleeping late, sleeping early, getting ready, etc. It's just nice to have somewhere else to be.
- Food/drink offerings, our touring style tends to lend itself to us being able to take advantage of the various offerings. Breakfast in particular is a very nice convenience, especially with kids.
- You "know" exactly what floor you'll be on and have a general idea of your possible views in advance.
- Access to DSS for pre-planning needs. Like I said above, I'm not a heavy DSS user as I prefer to do things myself, but do use them for room requests and a few other things if needed.
- While there you have access to CL CMs that can assist with various things. For example, occasionally I'll have an ADR that I'll need to cancel within the 24 hour window. You can't cancel online, you have to call. A few times I've asked a CL CM to cancel for me, which they will do and can (most of the time) waive the fee. I appreciate this convenience as calling Disney dining, waiting, and then talking to a CM is not what I want to be doing while there. I'm usually too busy for that stuff.
- Most (I think all?) CLs now offer the texting service. You can text CL CMs with any needs. To build on the example above, at times I've texted that I'd like to cancel so and so, or ask if any reservations or available at X that evening. We do a lot of things on the fly (if you can't tell) so this service is awesome for us.

Sorry, post is probably way more than you wanted, but hopefully helpful. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you and not at all more than I wanted. I can use all the help I can get at this point!

I'd still contact them? The trip I'm currently planning is our first CL trip, and yesterday I emailed SS with a question about the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine. I couldn't be happier with their help - they got back to me within a few hours, and helped me with something I couldn't do on my own. I personally love the "micromanaging" pre-planning of a Disney trip, so I wasn't sure I'd even use SS for anything, but now I'm super tempted to see what else they might be able to help with.

Thank you, they contacted me yesterday and left a message. I'm going to call today and see if they can help with a few things.

Lol that was probably my favorite station! It was only there the one day. They were mini cookies so you could have just a small one if you wanted...or many if you preferred. They had a few different cookie choices too.

No specific kids area at BWI CL. There is a lounge area with a comfy couch, chairs, tv, and then there are regularly tables/chairs

My relative just stayed YC CL and really liked it. Room was beautiful, lounge was calm, and the CMs were very nice. CMs made sure to tell them that they were allowed to use the lounge for the full day on their departure day. They didn't use any booking services so can't tell you about that.

Also, I know October is busy nowadays, but keep checking during sales, your room category may have a price drop as it seems that CL rooms do not sell as quickly as standard.

Thank you, your right October is getting busier every year. I'm hoping that eliminating free dining in October helps the crowds thin a little. We did book with a military discount so the discounts would have to be really good to beat the rate we have and I don't mind paying for it if its worth it. I guess I won't know if it's worth it until I do it. I'm not sure whats worse, paying for it and hating it or paying for it and loving it and wanting to do it for every stay! :tongue:

Thanks mickeynut1. There was no availability for my dates for BWI CL which is why we went YC CL. That and the allure of stormalong bay. Can't wait!

You're welcome! I'm sure you'll have a great time :).

My DH is the same way. Anything I want is fine, but he does sometimes pipe in with a resort suggestion ;).

Thank you, your right October is getting busier every year. I'm hoping that eliminating free dining in October helps the crowds thin a little. We did book with a military discount so the discounts would have to be really good to beat the rate we have and I don't mind paying for it if its worth it. I guess I won't know if it's worth it until I do it. I'm not sure whats worse, paying for it and hating it or paying for it and loving it and wanting to do it for every stay! :tongue:
My relative had a military discount as well, it was a great deal when compared to the other choices! I don't think you will do better.

Have you tried to book those ADRs online? That's the first thing I would do -- try to get them booked yourself! If that doesn't work, then I would put a call in to DSS and see if they can get the ADRs for you. If not, ask them if they can keep trying for you; and in the meantime keep checking online yourself! Good luck and have a great trip!

I tried to have DSS "keep an eye out" for a Rivers of Light dining package for me and was told that they don't do that anymore. The pre-arrival service seems to have taken a hard nosedive, which is ridiculous with the cost of the rooms. To be fair, a few days earlier I was given an Ohana dinner at 625 that was not showing available online, so I think it depends on who you get. The person I chatted with on the phone about Ohana was much more pleasant than anyone else I had spoken to. Minus her, every interaction has been somewhat disappointing or trying to sell me on using Disney Floral and Gifts.

I tried to have DSS "keep an eye out" for a Rivers of Light dining package for me and was told that they don't do that anymore. The pre-arrival service seems to have taken a hard nosedive, which is ridiculous with the cost of the rooms. To be fair, a few days earlier I was given an Ohana dinner at 625 that was not showing available online, so I think it depends on who you get. The person I chatted with on the phone about Ohana was much more pleasant than anyone else I had spoken to. Minus her, every interaction has been somewhat disappointing or trying to sell me on using Disney Floral and Gifts.

I agree with your comments! Possibly they will UP their service over time, but right now it is inconsistent at best. I have pretty much always made my own reservations (whether staying CL or not) and I will continue to do that in the future! :thumbsup2

I agree with your comments! Possibly they will UP their service over time, but right now it is inconsistent at best. I have pretty much always made my own reservations (whether staying CL or not) and I will continue to do that in the future! :thumbsup2
Same here. I was able to get it myself in the end.

after much room switching - we are finally booked at the BC CL end of June! I have two questions:

1. I was wondering if someone can please let me know where the club lounge on the 5th floor is located? our kids go to sleep pretty early (around 8) so it would be nice to grab a glass of wine and sit on the balcony while they are asleep and I think being closer to the lounge works out well for this.

2. Is age 3 an absolute minimum for being allowed in the Sand Castle Club? Last time we used kids nite out for one night - but thought it would be more fun if they were able to spend some time in the kids club instead. My son will be three end of July.

TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter