Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

DSS couldn't do anything for me. I was a little disappointed in the way they said no not the fact it is a no. I asked about Rivers of Light dinning for October since it isn't on the website. I know previously the resort specific people would at least confirm to you that it is still on their schedule and it should come out soon so they'll put it on your file to book when available but I got a response of it is not yet bookable and will need to call or email again to check at a later date. I asked about Bon Voyage and instead of just saying unfortunately unavailable the response made me feel stupid for even asking because they replied that it is a brand new offering and has been bookable through them for several weeks so there is no way I can get a reservation now. Thankfully I do have on for our last day but just wanted to see if DSS had openings for earlier in our trip.

I am really upset by these DSS reports. IPO ALWAYS took notes on ADR'S that were not open yet and made every single one for us on every trip for 16 years. We never had to call back, not once. This new service is a big step down, IMO. I also think that having CM'S dedicated to each resort was a much better way to provide personalized service -which is a huge reason why we pay for CL to begin with.

I am really upset by these DSS reports. IPO ALWAYS took notes on ADR'S that were not open yet and made every single one for us on every trip for 16 years. We never had to call back, not once. This new service is a big step down, IMO. I also think that having CM'S dedicated to each resort was a much better way to provide personalized service -which is a huge reason why we pay for CL to begin with.

Yeah. For every other club level trip we didn't even know the prearrival services exsisted. This time I knew and figured since it is ky batchelorette I would see if they could help out. Instead I'll just go back ro micromanaging my own vacation haha.

Our last few trips to the Beach Club we have had to check in downstairs. This started almost 2 years ago. The reason we were given then was, with online check in it was streamlining things! I was not happy then. Last December we stayed at the Boardwalk, my all time favorite, where we know any of the cast. We were greeted outside by a cast member with an iPad who said they would call up to see if they were busy. Sometimes if the cast are checking in guests upstairs they will check you in downstairs,then bring you up.

I have seen the cast member bring guests up to the lounge to finish checking them in with the iPad in the lounge at the Beach Club also. Not much consistency at all.

Yesterday I booked the Yacht Club CL for my husband myself and two grandchildren for October. We have never stayed CL before and I'm trying to get an idea on what that extra $1000 is getting me besides snacks in the lounge. I've read the last few pages of this thread and it seems that service has really taken a dive. I was hoping they would help me book a few ADRs especially since we are way behind the curve booking the trip 160 days out. Not really sure how to proceed or if I should even bother. The kids are a 9 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy so I am hoping I can score a few fun ADRs for them like the coveted Bon Voyage Breakfast and BOG dinner. Any advice on how I should proceed?

Yesterday I booked the Yacht Club CL for my husband myself and two grandchildren for October. We have never stayed CL before and I'm trying to get an idea on what that extra $1000 is getting me besides snacks in the lounge. I've read the last few pages of this thread and it seems that service has really taken a dive. I was hoping they would help me book a few ADRs especially since we are way behind the curve booking the trip 160 days out. Not really sure how to proceed or if I should even bother. The kids are a 9 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy so I am hoping I can score a few fun ADRs for them like the coveted Bon Voyage Breakfast and BOG dinner. Any advice on how I should proceed?

Have you tried to book those ADRs online? That's the first thing I would do -- try to get them booked yourself! If that doesn't work, then I would put a call in to DSS and see if they can get the ADRs for you. If not, ask them if they can keep trying for you; and in the meantime keep checking online yourself! Good luck and have a great trip!

Hi there. Sounds like a fun trip! YC rooms were just renovated and look really nice. I bet your grandkids will love that pool.

I would suggest you have to take all comments you read on here with a grain of salt, mine included! All of our opinions and experiences are helpful from a "body of work" perspective, but some of this is so subjective.

You can flip back further and find glowing reviews of DSS and their helpfulness with booking ADRs and such. Personally my experiences with them have been excellent, although my needs are limited to things like adding room requests to my reservation, booking cabanas, etc. I do ADR booking myself.

As with everything at WDW experiences can vary quite a bit based on particular CMs. Sometimes you get the rose, sometimes you get a dud. This applies anywhere though - from DSS, to the person checking you in, to the person pouring your wine in the lounge. I'm not making excuses for anything or saying it's right, just relaying that experiences can vary.

One thing I will note, DSS can't really do anything for you that you otherwise could do for yourself. If you don't see availability for BOG on a certain date, they won't either. They don't have a secret stash of ADRs available.

As to your "what does the $1000 get" that answer will vary from person to person, but here's how I look at it:

- Access to the lounge, an "extra" space outside the room to be if someone is sleeping late, sleeping early, getting ready, etc. It's just nice to have somewhere else to be.
- Food/drink offerings, our touring style tends to lend itself to us being able to take advantage of the various offerings. Breakfast in particular is a very nice convenience, especially with kids.
- You "know" exactly what floor you'll be on and have a general idea of your possible views in advance.
- Access to DSS for pre-planning needs. Like I said above, I'm not a heavy DSS user as I prefer to do things myself, but do use them for room requests and a few other things if needed.
- While there you have access to CL CMs that can assist with various things. For example, occasionally I'll have an ADR that I'll need to cancel within the 24 hour window. You can't cancel online, you have to call. A few times I've asked a CL CM to cancel for me, which they will do and can (most of the time) waive the fee. I appreciate this convenience as calling Disney dining, waiting, and then talking to a CM is not what I want to be doing while there. I'm usually too busy for that stuff.
- Most (I think all?) CLs now offer the texting service. You can text CL CMs with any needs. To build on the example above, at times I've texted that I'd like to cancel so and so, or ask if any reservations or available at X that evening. We do a lot of things on the fly (if you can't tell) so this service is awesome for us.

Sorry, post is probably way more than you wanted, but hopefully helpful. Feel free to ask any questions.

Any advice on how I should proceed?

I'd still contact them? The trip I'm currently planning is our first CL trip, and yesterday I emailed SS with a question about the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine. I couldn't be happier with their help - they got back to me within a few hours, and helped me with something I couldn't do on my own. I personally love the "micromanaging" pre-planning of a Disney trip, so I wasn't sure I'd even use SS for anything, but now I'm super tempted to see what else they might be able to help with.

I so far have had an awesome experience with DSS. I've been using the same DSS CM and she is pleasant and willing to stay on the phone and look things up and answer questions all day. I think sometimes its all in who you get. Now that I have her extension I won't talk to anyone else! The service that some of you have received from DSS would have me calling to complain for sure!

I am one who will totally complain about lack of service or bad service at the hotel and also one that would go out of my way to make sure someone was notified of great service. I think that the only way Disney or any company will change their practices or employee behavior is if the consumer complains. I don't think we can rely on Disney to troll the DIS CL board to see what makes us unhappy or happy.

I so far have had an awesome experience with DSS. I've been using the same DSS CM and she is pleasant and willing to stay on the phone and look things up and answer questions all day. I think sometimes its all in who you get. Now that I have her extension I won't talk to anyone else! The service that some of you have received from DSS would have me calling to complain for sure!

I am one who will totally complain about lack of service or bad service at the hotel and also one that would go out of my way to make sure someone was notified of great service. I think that the only way Disney or any company will change their practices or employee behavior is if the consumer complains. I don't think we can rely on Disney to troll the DIS CL board to see what makes us unhappy or happy.
I've been working with the same 2 people at DSS, too, and have had great experiences. I agree, it's most likely who you get.

Well the other day, after the horseback riding, I emailed DSS and asked them for who I can complain to. Yesterday I get an email from someone named Dave, he apologizes and starts saying but we did get you SOA, he missed the point, I wanted catagory 1, then he says but we could get you horse back riding, but the point was at the time you wanted, I called and got the time I wanted, who is going DSS or me. He says they can do everything I asked for. And apologized again. Today, I get a second email from him again saying how much they have done, and he is sorry that staff told me they would call on the caring for elephants and did not, and told me they would call on flag ceremony and did not, and told me they would call on room accommodations for the disability and they did not, but he assures me that they are all marked. And I can trust him.

My problem, 8 years ago they were all marked and I ended up falling in the pond at POR. 2 years ago they were all marked and I ended up hurting my leg when I tripped over the laundry BC thru in the hall each day and left for hours. I have called and been told every year for 8 years that I wanted a tape recording of the evacuation procedure from my room, yet I have not received it, or even in braille, not one hotel has it. So why should I trust him now. Everything I have asked for has not been done, or I had to do it to get it done.

And to answer the question as to how much of the money on concierge goes to DSS, they tell me none, it is complimentary. So if it is free I guess we get what we paid for. I wish they would go to a system like DL, concierge do not get anyone rescues, do or better room, but they charge less for CL, since we don't get the service either we should just get a break in the price and pay less for CL.

My relative just stayed YC CL and really liked it. Room was beautiful, lounge was calm, and the CMs were very nice. CMs made sure to tell them that they were allowed to use the lounge for the full day on their departure day. They didn't use any booking services so can't tell you about that.

Also, I know October is busy nowadays, but keep checking during sales, your room category may have a price drop as it seems that CL rooms do not sell as quickly as standard.

Can anyone point me to recent reviews of BWI CL or just tell me why you did it did not like it? I used the search tool but I'm only getting stuff from 5 years ago and beyond. I thought I saw something about a chef station, recently?

My sisters and I stayed at the BWI CL last month and it was amazing. My first time CL, but my sisters had both stayed at other wdw resorts CL and they seemed very impressed too. The staff was so nice and helpful, and the food was plentiful and delicious. When we checked in around 1pm they had someone at s little station making fresh baked cookies and had ice cream to make homemade cookie sandwiches.

That night they had a chef making chicken and Mickey waffles. Each night they had a chef doing some app or other, along with all the other offerings. On the Sunday morning they had some more substantial brunch offerings, including a Bloody Mary bar.

My family and I are going in July and staying at YC CL and part of me is wondering if it could possibly live up to BWI CL.

My sisters and I stayed at the BWI CL last month and it was amazing. My first time CL, but my sisters had both stayed at other wdw resorts CL and they seemed very impressed too. The staff was so nice and helpful, and the food was plentiful and delicious. When we checked in around 1pm they had someone at s little station making fresh baked cookies and had ice cream to make homemade cookie sandwiches.

That night they had a chef making chicken and Mickey waffles. Each night they had a chef doing some app or other, along with all the other offerings. On the Sunday morning they had some more substantial brunch offerings, including a Bloody Mary bar.

My family and I are going in July and staying at YC CL and part of me is wondering if it could possibly live up to BWI CL.

BWI CL sounds amazing! We've never stayed at BWI, but it's definitely on our list to try as I am always reading great reports like this :).

THANK YOU! I'm sold. My DH wants BWI and I want CR, it's a short stay so a split is not an option. I hear such awesome things about the staff on here and the food options seem wonderful too. I'm calling now to make the reservation.

Excellent! Hope you have as much fun and like it as much as we did. If u dont see stuff out like water or wine just ask...someone was always there to happily provide. We were even able to get an extra fp+ to a couple of things. The staff was really nice. YC has a lot to live up to in July!

THANK YOU! I'm sold. My DH wants BWI and I want CR, it's a short stay so a split is not an option. I hear such awesome things about the staff on here and the food options seem wonderful too. I'm calling now to make the reservation.

Have a great trip! Hope you will report back after your stay :goodvibes.

Excellent! Hope you have as much fun and like it as much as we did. If u dont see stuff out like water or wine just ask...someone was always there to happily provide. We were even able to get an extra fp+ to a couple of things. The staff was really nice. YC has a lot to live up to in July!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy YC in July :wizard:.

Got it. You're in for a treat! Here's my advice. Any GF pros please correct me if I slip up anywhere.

The Touring Plan resort room finder site can be somewhat helpful in getting your bearings for RPC, but it has some flaws (inaccurate views, some bad info, etc). Here's a link: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=&filters[balcony]=any&date=2017-05-03

Here's a rundown by floor:
Floor 2: Only TPV rooms I think.
Floor 3: The CL CM desks are on this floor with a stairway that leads up to 4, room types include TPV rooms, standard rooms, and various other suites/Deluxe rooms that I won't go into for these purposes.
Floor 4: Very similar room type options to 3, the lounge is on this floor.
Floor 5: Mostly suites and fancy room types.

Generally speaking with the Standard View rooms, you'll be on the 3rd or 4th floor. This room map is of the 4th floor, please forgive the crude labeling. There are two sets of Standard View rooms, both in green below. One set faces the Courtyard Pool, the other set faces the Main Pool/Poly/GF DVC direction. Again, GF pros please chime in if I've messed up the map. Some of those other room types confuse me a bit.

View attachment 235259

I stayed in Room 4418 Feb 2016. It's the red dot you see on that map above. I LOVED this room. I liked being on the same floor as the lounge and I liked being just a few steps away (although no room in RPC is particularly far from the lounge). I think the two requests I sent in at the time were "fourth floor, close to the lounge" if I'm not mistaken. This side of the floor is relatively close to the "secret elevator" you can use to get down to the pool/boat doc/Gaspy's a bit easier.

Here are some view pics:

View to the right....
View attachment 235260

View center....
View attachment 235261

View left. This is what I meant earlier by seeing a little sliver of the MK. You can see Space Mountain there in the distance. The tippy top of the castle is that little spec right next to the turret on top of the SL building.
View attachment 235262

A lovely and unexpected fireworks view, although minimal to no audio from here.
View attachment 235263

One of my favorite sunrises last year.
View attachment 235264

Hope that helps! I've heard the views from the other standard rooms that face the other direction are quite nice as well. For us, I would request this room/view again. From a pure "I love this room" perspective, it was among the tops in my travels.

Ugh, these pictures make me miss the GF sooooooo much. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter