Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi everyone! I was hoping you could save me a call. :rotfl2: I actually received yesterday one of those UOC in the mail. :dance3: My first one in several years...... I currently have a 10% off my January stay Poly CL TPV. I know horrible discount, I'm paying way too much....but I've already rationalized it in my expert way....:cool1:

Did anyone receive one as well for the Jan 1-Jun 7th time period that can tell me the dsct for Poly CL?

Thanks!!!

Congrats on the UOC! I can't help with the Poly discount as I haven't been one of the lucky ones to get a UOC, but have read reports of others getting pretty decent discounts. Good luck :wizard:.

Unfortunately, we've already run into a hiccup with the AKL IPO. Due to appointments and travel, DH and I were unable to book our ADRs right when the reservation line opened. So, we sprung for AKL Club Level, and decided to let them book the ADRs, especially since a couple of them were very popular reservations.

We've stayed CL twice in the past, but never at AKL. The other CL resorts emailed us a form to complete with all of our ADR requests. We contacted the AKL IPO about the form, and they asked us to send our ADR requests in an email, because they do not use the form. We followed their directions, and asked for confirmation that they received it. They did.

About two hours after our ADR window opened, I realized we hadn't received a confirmation email for any ADRs. I checked online, and there were no ADRs scheduled for us. In a panic, I started making them myself. Luckily, I was able to get the ones that I thought would be difficult to book.

After several emails back and forth with the AKL IPO, Don told us that the CM who originally read our email with ADR requests did not read anything below our signature on the email. The email clearly stated that our ADR requests were listed below.

I'm so disappointed with the AKL IPO. Yes, it worked out and we got the ADRs we wanted by booking them ourselves. But, we paid quite a bit more money for a CL room just so we could have the AKL IPO book our ADRs. Frankly, I'd prefer the room size and full kitchen that comes with a villa room, over a CL room.

Has this happened to anyone else? If we switch from a CL room to a villa room, do we lose our ADRs? I'd appreciate some advice. DH wants to play nice guy, but I'm mad!

Unfortunately, we've already run into a hiccup with the AKL IPO. Due to appointments and travel, DH and I were unable to book our ADRs right when the reservation line opened. So, we sprung for AKL Club Level, and decided to let them book the ADRs, especially since a couple of them were very popular reservations.

We've stayed CL twice in the past, but never at AKL. The other CL resorts emailed us a form to complete with all of our ADR requests. We contacted the AKL IPO about the form, and they asked us to send our ADR requests in an email, because they do not use the form. We followed their directions, and asked for confirmation that they received it. They did.

About two hours after our ADR window opened, I realized we hadn't received a confirmation email for any ADRs. I checked online, and there were no ADRs scheduled for us. In a panic, I started making them myself. Luckily, I was able to get the ones that I thought would be difficult to book.

After several emails back and forth with the AKL IPO, Don told us that the CM who originally read our email with ADR requests did not read anything below our signature on the email. The email clearly stated that our ADR requests were listed below.

I'm so disappointed with the AKL IPO. Yes, it worked out and we got the ADRs we wanted by booking them ourselves. But, we paid quite a bit more money for a CL room just so we could have the AKL IPO book our ADRs. Frankly, I'd prefer the room size and full kitchen that comes with a villa room, over a CL room.

Has this happened to anyone else? If we switch from a CL room to a villa room, do we lose our ADRs? I'd appreciate some advice. DH wants to play nice guy, but I'm mad!

We changed hotel rooms several times for our last stay and did not lose any dining reservations. We were waiting for the AP discounts to come out and once they did we changed rooms. I am sorry about your CL IPO situation. I had issues making ADRs with several of them not AKL - sometimes they read the email and sometimes they don't. But at least you got the ADRs you wanted.

We enjoy CL for other reasons besides the making of ADRs. I like to make those myself. So if that is the only reason you chose CL then you should switch. We love the convenience of the food in the lounge for breakfast and snacks.

Enjoy your trip.

This thread was so helpful in planning my last trip, I'm back for more assistance this time around! I'm planning a sister trip for next spring. We're staying CL at the BC 4/18-22/17.

While I've gone to WDW during the spring break time period, I've never overlapped with the Easter holiday as we are for this trip, which is the Sunday before our arrival.

One of my sisters hasn't been to Disney in 17 years, and she is ready to rope drop no matter how early!

I've heard that during holiday weeks, sometimes park hours change/expand, and that there can be EMH as early as 7am. My question is...during such peak/holiday times, do the club rooms ever open earlier to accommodate the early park hours, instead of the usual 7am? I understand that they may not, I just wanted to hear from folks that have traveled over holidays so we have an idea and can plan accordingly!

Thanks!:thanks:

Hi everyone! I was hoping you could save me a call. :rotfl2: I actually received yesterday one of those UOC in the mail. :dance3: My first one in several years...... I currently have a 10% off my January stay Poly CL TPV. I know horrible discount, I'm paying way too much....but I've already rationalized it in my expert way....:cool1:

Did anyone receive one as well for the Jan 1-Jun 7th time period that can tell me the dsct for Poly CL?

Thanks!!!

I just booked Poly CL with the UOC and I am pretty sure it was 15% for Poly.

Thanks!!!

For me, it was 15% off (boo to you!). :sad::sad:

SO excited that weve booked our first club level stay at AKL in January!! We are coming from the Northeast so I am always worried about snow ruining our trip lol (oh the joys of new England weather!!)!! We have watched every youtube video of AKL CL (maybe 6x each!) but there aren't many recent ones! If anyone knows of any other places with info and videos that are recent, please share!! SO EXCITED!!!

I'm sorry you had trouble with IPO booking your ADRs, but glad you were able to eventually get everything you wanted :wizard:.

Like the pp said, you will not lose your ADRs if you change to a villa ;).

We enjoy CL for other reasons besides the making of ADRs. I like to make those myself. So if that is the only reason you chose CL then you should switch.

This is us as well as we enjoy CL for reasons other than IPO's assistance in booking ADRs, etc. I also agree with the above that if IPO booking ADRs is the only reason you chose CL, I'd change rooms as well :).

This thread was so helpful in planning my last trip, I'm back for more assistance this time around! I'm planning a sister trip for next spring. We're staying CL at the BC 4/18-22/17.

While I've gone to WDW during the spring break time period, I've never overlapped with the Easter holiday as we are for this trip, which is the Sunday before our arrival.

One of my sisters hasn't been to Disney in 17 years, and she is ready to rope drop no matter how early!

I've heard that during holiday weeks, sometimes park hours change/expand, and that there can be EMH as early as 7am. My question is...during such peak/holiday times, do the club rooms ever open earlier to accommodate the early park hours, instead of the usual 7am? I understand that they may not, I just wanted to hear from folks that have traveled over holidays so we have an idea and can plan accordingly!

Sounds like a fun trip you have planned! :)

If you are asking about the lounge, unfortunately, it does not open earlier to accommodate morning EMH.

I just booked Poly CL with the UOC and I am pretty sure it was 15% for Poly.

For me, it was 15% off (boo to you!). :sad::sad:

For some reason I thought the UOC discount for the Poly was better than 15%. It's something, but doesn't really make a dent in the cost :sad2:.

SO excited that weve booked our first club level stay at AKL in January!! We are coming from the Northeast so I am always worried about snow ruining our trip lol (oh the joys of new England weather!!)!! We have watched every youtube video of AKL CL (maybe 6x each!) but there aren't many recent ones! If anyone knows of any other places with info and videos that are recent, please share!! SO EXCITED!!!

I can't help with AKL CL videos, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Yes, @mickeynut1 - I should have been more clear - the lounge! That's what I thought but I figured I'd ask! Thanks for response! If we do a really early morning, I'll just buy something in the store the night before so we can eat on the go!

Yes, it should be a fun trip!

For some reason I thought the UOC discount for the Poly was better than 15%. It's something, but doesn't really make a dent in the cost :sad2:.

My YC portion was 30% off. I of course rationalized why we needed to stay at Poly when we could have 30% off for the whole week...I guess I am just thankful that Disney rationale is not the same as regular life rationale! :D

@mickeynut1 Yeah, the pin code I got is 15% at Poly, CR, and BC, 20% at GF, and 30% for AKL, BWI, WL, and YC. It is 30% on Poly VILLAS, FWIW. I'm not a pin code expert so not sure if this is unique to me or if those of us who have been getting spring codes are all the same?

Yes, @mickeynut1 - I should have been more clear - the lounge! That's what I thought but I figured I'd ask! Thanks for response! If we do a really early morning, I'll just buy something in the store the night before so we can eat on the go!

One option that might not be obvious is to grab something from the lounge during breakfast the day before any super early mornings and store it in the fridge and/or room. A lot of people grab items "to go." Most of the bready options will be just as good and you can keep anything that needs to be kept cold in the fridge. Might save you a few bucks over buying something in the store, depending on what you like to eat for breakfast. Hope that's helpful.

We are staying CL at AKL for the first time this February!!! And we are so excited! Quick question. We have a gluten allergy in our party. Do any of you have experience with food allergies and CL at AKL? I know there is usually an attendant that we can ask about foods but I am more curious if there will be very many appropriate food options out. Fruit and yogurt will only get you so far. I'm wondering if the snacks and other items throughout the day will offer a few options. Thankfully this CL is suppose to have an African flare. Most traditional foods are naturally gluten free which is why we love Boma's!

Hi! I will caveat this with a big footnote that I have no direct experience with food allergies and CL, I can only relay what I've seen in person and read on the boards. Your post got buried with some other chatter so just wanted to give it a bump in case anyone more qualified can chime in.

If you haven't already, I would e-mail the IPO and ask them to add the allergy as a note on your reservation and pose any questions you may have. I'd probably even call and discuss it in person and see how that goes. Ask to arrange a call with the chef if needed (and if possible).

I have seen people get "special plates" of different options / separately prepared items. These are prepared/planned in advance so that's why it's important to go ahead and get a plan dialed in with IPO to make sure everyone is on the same page. I'm going to guess the options out are not going to be particularly gluten-free friendly as a whole, despite the theme, unfortunately.

I've generally read very positive things about CLs dealing with allergies and have witnessed several situations along the lines of above. Again, not sure exactly how it all works but I hope it works out well for you!

One option that might not be obvious is to grab something from the lounge during breakfast the day before any super early mornings and store it in the fridge and/or room. A lot of people grab items "to go." Most of the bready options will be just as good and you can keep anything that needs to be kept cold in the fridge. Might save you a few bucks over buying something in the store, depending on what you like to eat for breakfast. Hope that's helpful.

Oooh, good idea! Why didn't I think of that? - that will be perfect - thanks for the tip! Hate to miss a relaxing continental breakfast in the lounge, but I know my sister is going to want to do a few early mornings!
:disrocks:

Another option is NOT to do EMH mornings.

One reason when staying cl you get to enjoy a quick breakfast first. We like to be to transportation about 35-45 min before park opening.

2nd, so many people go to EMH we prefer to go to any other park but that one for lower crowds. By noon you should end up with close to the same number of rides but way less frustration with crowds.

Like GAdad I keep things in my room too. You can put juice in coffee to go cups for another time. I also get milk that way for ds. Its handy having that frig in the room.

Sounds like a fun family trip, hope you all have a great time!

You're welcome! Have a great trip :wizard:.

My YC portion was 30% off. I of course rationalized why we needed to stay at Poly when we could have 30% off for the whole week...I guess I am just thankful that Disney rationale is not the same as regular life rationale! :D

Thanks! I knew I read about larger discounts....LOL....guess I just assumed other resorts were the same ;).

@mickeynut1 Yeah, the pin code I got is 15% at Poly, CR, and BC, 20% at GF, and 30% for AKL, BWI, WL, and YC. It is 30% on Poly VILLAS, FWIW. I'm not a pin code expert so not sure if this is unique to me or if those of us who have been getting spring codes are all the same?

Thanks for clarifying the discount for different resorts :).

Great idea :thumbsup2.

Hello. We are planning out 1st BWI cl (5th WDW trip and 2nd time club level) stay December 9-17, 2017. This thread is great and I'm only on page 1!!
I have a question. I upgraded to club level as a surprise to my family. I'm hoping to keep it a secret until we arrive at the BWI. Can someone tell me what documents, luggage tags, etc the words club level will be on? Thank you

Another option is NOT to do EMH mornings.

One reason when staying cl you get to enjoy a quick breakfast first. We like to be to transportation about 35-45 min before park opening.

2nd, so many people go to EMH we prefer to go to any other park but that one for lower crowds. By noon you should end up with close to the same number of rides but way less frustration with crowds.

Like GAdad I keep things in my room too. You can put juice in coffee to go cups for another time. I also get milk that way for ds. Its handy having that frig in the room.

Sounds like a fun family trip, hope you all have a great time!

Thanks for your response! - yes, we definitely will NOT do am EMH every day and we're definitely doing CL for the convenience, but I know that my sister will want to do one or two. While she hasn't been in 17 years, I have a few times with my family. Generally we've picked and chosen, doing a few and avoiding others and using park hoppers, and that strategy has worked for us. We've been able to get a ton done those first couple of hours...

But given that we're both park hopping early birds with no kids to worry about, I know we'll do at least one and that it's possible it could be at 7am, before the lounge opens so I wanted to figure things out. Then we can hop somewhere else in the afternoon or evening. It's a great idea to get some milk and they probably have those individual cereal boxes...

I've never traveled Easter week (April but not Easter, as it only coincides with our school break about every 4 years or so), so I looked back at park hours the last two Easters - in 2015, MK had EMH at 7am almost every day, but in 2016, I don't think they had any - so who knows!? I do know that last year for our April trip, park hours and some EMH parks changed about 2-3 weeks before our trip, so it did impact some our plans. We had to decided whether to cancel tough to get FPs and ADRs to avoid EMH, or just roll with it and adapt, so I just want to be ready to be flexible for any curve balls!

Now our other sister has been to Disney several times for conferences has proclaimed herself "over" Disney but doesn't want to miss a sister trip! Her plan is to relax in the lounge, do some work stuff, relax at the pool and catch up with us sometime around lunch, lol! :beach:

Beach Club CL has been a dream of the early bird sister, but I think it will be a perfect fit for our different style and needs! I can't wait! Thanks again! pooh:

Hi! I will caveat this with a big footnote that I have no direct experience with food allergies and CL, I can only relay what I've seen in person and read on the boards. Your post got buried with some other chatter so just wanted to give it a bump in case anyone more qualified can chime in.

If you haven't already, I would e-mail the IPO and ask them to add the allergy as a note on your reservation and pose any questions you may have. I'd probably even call and discuss it in person and see how that goes. Ask to arrange a call with the chef if needed (and if possible).

I have seen people get "special plates" of different options / separately prepared items. These are prepared/planned in advance so that's why it's important to go ahead and get a plan dialed in with IPO to make sure everyone is on the same page. I'm going to guess the options out are not going to be particularly gluten-free friendly as a whole, despite the theme, unfortunately.

I've generally read very positive things about CLs dealing with allergies and have witnessed several situations along the lines of above. Again, not sure exactly how it all works but I hope it works out well for you!
Thank you! This is very helpful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter