Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That outfit is totally adorable. Glad he had fun! :goodvibes

Thank you! A very kind monorail CM let him do some cool things like honk the monorail horn and press the button the close the doors. It was so cool!

@GADisneyDad14 great pictures, and thanks for posting a review. I feel similarly about CR CL -- always love it while there, though not one of our go-to resorts, but THE best place to stay while doing MNSSHP with little ones. Used to be my favorite time of year to go to WDW too. We'd pack the girls' PJ's in our stroller and stay at the party until they were about to zonk out, then we'd put their PJ's on and recline the stroller seats and out they went. DH and I would stay a bit longer just to walk around and take it all in while the girls slept. Then what could be easier than just walking back to CR?! Miss those days! So I love living them again through your eyes. Someday we'll get back there in the fall.

About the CL part -- we're similar to you as we're also very low maintenance CL guests. I'm a detailed planner and enjoy doing everything myself, so I rarely have need for desk CM's. I love the room-ready text and going straight to our room, so whatever is going on with CL check-in's really doesn't affect me. Though I will say that during our RPC stay when a CM brought our luggage up to our room, he was one of the best CM's we've dealt with because he stayed to talk to us about the GF in general, our room, the CL perks, etc. He was so kind and soft-spoken. We could tell he was staying to talk with us because he wanted to, not because he was simply "doing his job." Wish I would've seen his name tag. He was a staple there, though, as I saw him everyday when we walked in and out of the GF.

CL food - I agree 100%. We're generally happy with whatever they put out, but we do look forward to BC and GF stays due to the larger selection and variety. We tried staying non-CL for part of our trip last Easter, and it was a good test because we learned that we won't enjoy the stay as much without the CL! It's a big part of our trip. Again, thanks for posting -- and LOVE your son's costume!

Thank you @TJA, I always love your posts. It's funny, I have never pushed DS to stay awake for the party, I let him set the pace and if he's fading, we'll leave. But every party we've been to he trucks right through to midnight or very close to it, like a champ, a good 4-5 hours past his bedtime! And still up at 6:30 the next morning. ;-).

You've got to share your DS pixie dust moment!!! I love to hear them! I know some of us are hesitant to share so others don't "expect" things when staying at Disney but I ENJOY to hear about it!!!

Yeah, someday I will I guess but I worry about setting up expectations that aren't met. I was hesitant to even post about it at all but thought it was relevant to report a positive CL.

This is awesome!!

Thank you @pas130! Looks like you have some cool trips coming up!

Love that costume!

I also showed it to dh and he loved it too !

Gadad, pixie dust is why we come back , glad u got some.

TY! I was debating whether to renew our APs, nothing like a good trip to make that decision a little easier. ;-)

@GADisneyDad14 - that was a great review about the CR CL. I pretty much would have the same review. As I figured we were in the same room. We had 4843 and 4844 and when we checked into 4843 - the tall lamp in the corner had no shade and the phone in the other room was dead. It took a day to get a new phone and 3 days to get a lamp shade. The missing lamp shade was shocking for the CR - the bulb was blinding when on and no shade.

We had the same feeling about the CMs - they were the nicest we have seen in a while. There also was a manager out in the lounge clearing tables and asking if we were okay almost every day we were there.

I agree about the pool. We did a split stay with the Poly CL - so we can enjoy the pool before we went to the CR. We would stay longer also if they had a good pool.

We absolutely loved the view and it never got old to us too. Thanks!

I'm still impressed you got my room number right after that one view photo during the trip! That's strange/funny/weird about the lampshade. Not exactly a normal item to be missing from a room! Random question - did you notice a soft spot in the floor in between the first bed and TV? There must be some sort of access panel or something that would bend a little bit when I stepped in the right spot. With bare feet it was frankly a little disconcerting because it definitely had some give to it!

We love bay lake view when staying CL at CR as you get both views as lounge faces MK. The sunrises over bay like are incredible and seeing the electrical water pageant is always a delight!

Yep, next time I stay CR we will definitely do a Bay Lake view. I agree, with the lounge view you can get by just fine without a TPV room there.

Thanks for the tip. We don't mind having a little more walking to do, so being further down wouldn't bother us :).

Thanks for your detailed and honest review, as well as the great pics. Glad you had a great time :wizard:.

Very cute outfit! :goodvibes

Thank you @mickeynut1 I always appreciate the positive vibes you bring to these boards.

Last edited:
@GADisneyDad14 Thank you for your TR and the exact specifications you used to get your room. I am getting ready to make our reservations, and that's exactly what I need to tell our TA! Since we are going in Jan, I doubt we will use the pool, but I appreciate you letting us know not to get our hopes up.

@GADisneyDad14 Thank you for your TR and the exact specifications you used to get your room. I am getting ready to make our reservations, and that's exactly what I need to tell our TA! Since we are going in Jan, I doubt we will use the pool, but I appreciate you letting us know not to get our hopes up.

You got it. I should probably caveat that that pool at CR overall is fine, it's just that the other Deluxe resorts have pools that are better, IMHO. There are certainly some positives..... the main pool deck area is huge, tons of chairs, plenty of umbrellas, there's a food/grill option, they had someone taking drink orders at your chair, several cabanas, two hot tubs. I like how the area is relatively wide open and visible so it's easy to keep an eye on the kids from most places. The quieter bullseye pool is just steps away. Plus you are on the shores of beautiful Bay Lake... a bad day on Bay Lake is better than a great day in the office.

The negatives for us are primarily lack of theming, a relatively boring slide, older/dingy restroom facilities, no kids area (other than a dinky splash area), no zero entry areas, and Disney's worst pool bar both in physical setting and drink offerings. Overall it's just not as "fun" as places like Poly or GF which both have newer, more elaborate kid areas and just better facilities (again, only my opinion).

BTW, don't count out Jan for using the pools. Disney pools are heated so it's certainly doable with a little cooperation from mother nature! Hope you have a great trip!

Yep, next time I stay CR we will definitely do a Bay Lake view. I agree, with the lounge view you can get by just fine without a TPV room there.

I see this response a lot when comparing BLV to TPV. We haven't stayed at the CR (yet) and while I would love to see the castle/fireworks from my room, a BLV seems just as nice (especially for the lower cost when you have a great view from the lounge ;)).

Thank you @mickeynut1 I always appreciate the positive vibes you bring to these boards.

You're welcome! :)

What a nice thing to say, thank you :flower3:. I always enjoy reading about your trips and appreciate all of your opinions as you bring a lot of great input to the boards :goodvibes.

I totally agree! :goodvibes

You're so kind, thank you! I love reading your posts as you always have a lot of great opinions/suggestions to bring to this thread and many others :).

BTW, don't count out Jan for using the pools. Disney pools are heated so it's certainly doable with a little cooperation from mother nature! Hope you have a great trip!

I agree. The weather in January is unpredictable and it can be warm enough to use the pool ;).

Has anyone stayed in the deluxe CL rooms at WL? Strongly considering for my January trip, but I'd love to hear feedback from someone who has stayed in that style of room. I'm also curious to know how construction is impacting the lounge. (I know it's been moved, but what's it like?) Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out!

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe club level room in the Yacht Club? I have looked at the pics, but I just cannot get a sense of the set up or square footage.

Also any ideas if the room refurb will run into July?

Thanks!

Just back from a split stay which included 2 nights at the cabins, one night in a standard room at the Yacht Club and 4 nights at the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian. To be blunt, it was disappointing. I LOVE luxury when I can afford it, but boy did we feel out of place at the GF. We checked in and were shown upstairs and then basically had to fend for ourselves. We were given minimal info on who to call if we needed anything, and what times food and drink were put out. The food choices were the same every day, and while they were fresh, they weren't very exciting. As warned, no alcohol was out, but neither were bottles of water, which I thought was odd. If we wanted more than one drink to bring back to the room, it had to be opened, I knew that too, but was hoping that had changed. No one was overly friendly or even happy looking honestly, which was a HUGE bummer, our room was lovely but the walk to it showed a worn down resort, and the couch in our room was also quite worn, things I did not expect. I hate to be a downer, but I just cant justify the price difference for a bagel here and there , and a few drinks.

No one was overly friendly or even happy looking honestly, which was a HUGE bummer, our room was lovely but the walk to it showed a worn down resort, and the couch in our room was also quite worn, things I did not expect. I hate to be a downer, but I just cant justify the price difference for a bagel here and there , and a few drinks.

At the prices they charge for RPC, it should be <wow>! Every. Single. Time.

I'm still impressed you got my room number right after that one view photo during the trip! That's strange/funny/weird about the lampshade. Not exactly a normal item to be missing from a room! Random question - did you notice a soft spot in the floor in between the first bed and TV? There must be some sort of access panel or something that would bend a little bit when I stepped in the right spot. With bare feet it was frankly a little disconcerting because it definitely had some give to it!

That is so funny that you said that about the floor and yes I did. At first I thought it was me. We did feel it.

That view is still in my brain and figured it had to be our room or one set of rooms over. Great view!

Has anyone stayed in the deluxe CL rooms at WL? Strongly considering for my January trip, but I'd love to hear feedback from someone who has stayed in that style of room. I'm also curious to know how construction is impacting the lounge. (I know it's been moved, but what's it like?) Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out!

We stayed there during Spring Break of 2015. It is a great room. The bedroom has 2 queen beds and the living room has a pull out couch. I have posted pictures in the past. Here are some. The deluxe rooms are not on the floor of the lounge - and not that close to the elevator - put for us it is worth it. We love the size of the room. There are sinks right outside of the bathroom - which we love to as there are 6 of us and a sink in the living room near the refrigerator. We were in room 4123. Ask any other questions that you wish. I can't help about the construction as we have not been there since. But I am curious too as we are looking to go back. Enjoy!

This is the sink area outside of the bathroom and the bedroom in the back. Sorry it is so messy.
t
WL-View%20to%20bedroom%20from%20bathroom%20area_zpsdsrudc6y.jpg

This is taken from the porch looking into the living room with our kids and their friend. The entrance to the room is straight back and the first left from the entrance would be the bathroom/sink area. The French doors in the living room is one way to the bedroom. The other way to the bedroom is through the bathroom area.

52d33b48-5970-44d8-8113-f92563f399c6_zpssxfo8u3i.jpg

This is the view from the porch. So nice. You could see the geyser erupt daily and the Electric Water Pageant.
WL-view%20from%20Deluxe%20room%204123_zpslxofkduv.jpg

Last edited:
So what CL has the best food?
The answer to this question is very subjective.

1. Keep in mind, #1, that the CL food fluctuates over time. We have seen considerable variation over time. Sometimes they add items, sometimes they cut back. The food offerings aren't 100% consistent.

2. In many ways, the food offerings at all the resorts are similar. Mornings include: coffee, fruit, breads/pastries, yogurt, oatmeal. Late night = desserts. The CL's always offer an assortment of sweets served in small portions. If you've ever dined at a WDW hotel buffet before, the desserts are similar. The GF lounge has the same desserts as 1900PF. The AKL lounge has the same desserts as Boma. WDW buffet and CL desserts often resemble mini-tarts, or mini-cups of mousse. To my recollection, the only exception is the WL CL, which often offers a warm cobbler-style dessert. (typically served out of a pot on a hotplate) HOWEVER, the WL CL was JUST remodeled! I don't know if they still have cobblers.

3. If pressed.... GF costs more than the other CL's, and they USED to give guests a few tiny extras. BUT someone just reported GF cutbacks in this thread! And several of us have reported improvements at CR's CL. I'd say the current CR and BC are better than our last visit to GF! (Mind, if you want even better CL food, give the 3 Universal Resort CL's a try!)

4. In addition to food....CL's are also about service, atmosphere, amount of seating, the other guests you happen to encounter, the décor, and the rest of the hotel.

At the prices they charge for RPC, it should be <wow>! Every. Single. Time.

It just wasn't for us. After reading lots of hype, and the prices (omg the price) we just expected more. Some people may be into very uptight tendencies, but we love us some friendly and happy CM's lol!

We stayed there during Spring Break of 2015. It is a great room. The bedroom has 2 queen beds and the living room has a pull out couch. I have posted pictures in the past. Here are some. The deluxe rooms are not on the floor of the lounge - and not that close to the elevator - put for us it is worth it. We love the size of the room. There are sinks right outside of the bathroom - which we love to as there are 6 of us and a sink in the living room near the refrigerator. We were in room 4123. Ask any other questions that you wish. I can't help about the construction as we have not been there since. But I am curious too as we are looking to go back. Enjoy!

This is the sink area outside of the bathroom and the bedroom in the back. Sorry it is so messy.
t

This is taken from the porch looking into the living room with our kids and their friend. The entrance to the room is straight back and the first right would be the bathroom/sink area. The French doors in the living room is one way to the bedroom. The other way to the bedroom is through the bathroom area.

This is the view from the porch. So nice. You could see the geyser erupt daily and the Electric Water Pageant.
I love how spacious the room is and the view is lovely!! If this room is discounted for January, it's most likely what I'll choose. Thank you so much for all the info!

Just back from a split stay which included 2 nights at the cabins, one night in a standard room at the Yacht Club and 4 nights at the Royal Palm Club at the Grand Floridian. To be blunt, it was disappointing. I LOVE luxury when I can afford it, but boy did we feel out of place at the GF. We checked in and were shown upstairs and then basically had to fend for ourselves. We were given minimal info on who to call if we needed anything, and what times food and drink were put out. The food choices were the same every day, and while they were fresh, they weren't very exciting. As warned, no alcohol was out, but neither were bottles of water, which I thought was odd. If we wanted more than one drink to bring back to the room, it had to be opened, I knew that too, but was hoping that had changed. No one was overly friendly or even happy looking honestly, which was a HUGE bummer, our room was lovely but the walk to it showed a worn down resort, and the couch in our room was also quite worn, things I did not expect. I hate to be a downer, but I just cant justify the price difference for a bagel here and there , and a few drinks.

I'm sorry your RPC stay was less than stellar. I hope you had a nice trip overall and enjoyed your stays at the cabins and YC :wizard:.

t

This is taken from the porch looking into the living room with our kids and their friend. The entrance to the room is straight back and the first right would be the bathroom/sink area. The French doors in the living room is one way to the bedroom. The other way to the bedroom is through the bathroom area.

Thanks for the input on the room, as well as the pics. I love the pic overlooking the courtyard, it's so calm and peaceful :cloud9:.

Excited for 1st stay CL at AKL 11/27-11/30!

Hope you have a great trip :).

I love how spacious the room is and the view is lovely!! If this room is discounted for January, it's most likely what I'll choose. Thank you so much for all the info!

Good luck with getting a discount. The deluxe rooms are sometimes excluded from promos, but January might be one of the better times to get one ;).

I'm sorry your RPC stay was less than stellar. I hope you had a nice trip overall and enjoyed your stays at the cabins and YC :wizard:.

Oh, we did! Honestly, we didn't let any of it bug us, just reporting back here because I find these boards and all Disney forums so helpful to us! Cabins were actually surprisingly awesome ( the golf cart is a must, so fun!) and YC had wonderful cast members, but the rooms could def use a refurb! Great location though! Staying in a regular GF room in December ( DD dream and her sweet 16 trip) and I am curious to see how it goes :)

Thanks for your review, appreciate you taking the time to post. We stayed RPC back in Feb (first time) and honestly a lot of what you say above resonates with our experience as well. Particularly the CMs not being overly friendly/happy and lack luster check-in. Sometimes I wonder if my concern about GF being too stuffy was a self-fulfilling thought that influenced our stay. We found we enjoyed GF for more of the overall resort offerings and physical setting (lobby, pools, kids splash area, shops, beach, etc) vs being in love with the CL experience there. I remember thinking when we left I'd have a hard time justifying the extreme cost of RPC in the future outside of a special occasion.

Now all of that being said (and I guess I'm part of the problem here), I would still willingly book RPC again, although would likely give SL a try next time. I was just looking at our photos last weekend and it was giving me the feels to go back.

BTW, how were the cabins? We visited friends staying in one a few trips ago. DS did not want to leave, thought FW was the coolest place ever.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the WL CL lounge will be completed? Will it be before the new year? Also if not - where is the lounge relocated to? Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone! we are also interested in knowing if/when/possibly the new CL lounge might open as I'd like to book a late January 2017 stay. I know that no official info has been stated by Disney but last time we were at the WL it wasn't great having 1/2 the lobby walled off and the main elevators closed off.

If anyone has any recent photos of the Old Faithful CL that would be great.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter