• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I take back every nice thing I said about Beach Club last week. Evidently SAB sand is VERY VERY BAD for modern front load washing machines. I think we ended up with sand in the pockets of either my or DS's swimsuit that made it into the wash without me realizing. Two floods and a full tear down of the machine later, I think I finally have all the sand out. That dang sand was in every nook and cranny of every pipe, pump, etc. DW is LIVID at me both for the fact that so much sand made it back here AND that she hasn't had use of a washer all week.

Lesson learned!!!!

Ok, back to CL discussion. :mad::mad::mad:

I take back every nice thing I said about Beach Club last week. Evidently SAB sand is VERY VERY BAD for modern front load washing machines. I think we ended up with sand in the pockets of either my or DS's swimsuit that made it into the wash without me realizing. Two floods and a full tear down of the machine later, I think I finally have all the sand out. That dang sand was in every nook and cranny of every pipe, pump, etc. DW is LIVID at me both for the fact that so much sand made it back here AND that she hasn't had use of a washer all week.

Lesson learned!!!!

Ok, back to CL discussion. :mad::mad::mad:

Oh yeah, I learned this the hard way after our first day at the beach after getting our front loader. After the beach, I used take my son's and my suits out back to the hose or the mud sink and get every last bit of sand out. Now neither of us have suits with pockets any more and problem solved.

At what time after booking should the IPO contact you, were are not going until November 2017, but should they have contacted as soon as we booked?

Most people get an email shortly after booking, but for some reason (nobody knows why), not everyone does. With that said, since your trip is over a year away, IPO might not contact you until sometime next year (if they do at all). However, you can always contact them anytime by sending an email with your trip information, requests, etc. Happy planning :wizard:.

I can't wait for our next trip - Cruising Concierge on the Fantasy for our 2nd cruise Nov 4-11, 2017, then staying a week at WDW, booked at YC CL at the moment Nov 11-18, 2017 but thinking of making our last 3 days at the 4 seasons maybe depending on the rates we can secure. I also like the idea of having the DDP, so it's up in the air as to if I will switch a few days over to the 4 Seasons yet.

Sounds like an awesome trip! Have fun planning :).

Just booked our annual mother/daughter trip at BC-deluxe CL room-Feb 24 to March 8th. Our daughter will be turning 21 on March 6th so she will enjoy her first "legal" drink at AK's Dawa Bar during our trip!! My husband (and son) will be hiding out at home in CT when this occurs-men-such a bunch of sissies-lol.

Hope you have a great mother/daughter trip :wizard:.

Trying to figure out when to book. We are over 550 days out from our planned trip, and I've been told that getting a room only reservation at 499 days prior to your leave date is not a place holder for your room, if you plan to get a package later on. The person who gave me that info was focused on free dining and other discounted packages. My questions are:
- Does Disney ever include the CL rooms in their discounted room specials?
- Does Disney ever include the CL rooms in their free dining specials?
- Does Disney announce their rates for the next year for CL rooms at the same time as their other rooms (around June or July?)?
- It seems to me that CL rooms are in short supply. Is there a good reason not to book a CL room early out, even if you might be able to change it to a package later on?

Any info you can add to this that you think would be helpful is very VERY welcome.

Trying to figure out when to book. We are over 550 days out from our planned trip, and I've been told that getting a room only reservation at 499 days prior to your leave date is not a place holder for your room, if you plan to get a package later on. The person who gave me that info was focused on free dining and other discounted packages. My questions are:
- Does Disney announce their rates for the next year for CL rooms at the same time as their other rooms (around June or July?)?
- It seems to me that CL rooms are in short supply. Is there a good reason not to book a CL room early out, even if you might be able to change it to a package later on?

Any info you can add to this that you think would be helpful is very VERY welcome.

We stay CL and have always gotten room discounts. Either package, Room only or Annual Pass discounts. Anywhere up to 35% we have gotten off. We have never booked over a year out and always have gotten our CL room. This year I booked our room only in advance and applied the AP discount to the room - but I did it immediately when they came out.

I don't know about CL rooms with the free dining because we only did the DP once. We did get the DP many years ago while staying CL and it was way too much food. We eat breakfast and snacks throughout the day every day and usually only eat lunch or dinner out. We go in the summer and are never that hungry for lunch and dinner. Snacks at the CL lounge are enough for us.

I hope that helps and you can ask any other questions.

I am from the UK and have booked over the years with Disney US room only discounts no problem at all, for my 2017 trip due to the poor value £ against the $ I opted to book with Disney UK as it included free dining and memory maker + better value 14 day hopper. Ok I am paying full rack rate for the room but on this occasion as the £/$ really isn't great and I can't see it getting much better before my April trip I think it's the better price/deal for me.

That is correct that a future room only reservation does not necessarily guaranty that you will be able to apply a discount later on when they come out. The fine print in all of Disney's promotions is "the inventory of available rooms that qualify for this promotion is very limited" or something like that. There's a decent chance your reservation will qualify for a promotion, but it's not guaranteed. As @DisneyFansInNYC said, if you do this it's generally a good idea to watch like a hawk for when the discounts are announced and immediately apply it to your reservation - there are likely thousands and thousands of people doing the same thing. It can be frustrating because Disney doesn't announce ahead of time when promotions will be published (although they tend to follow a similar date pattern year over year so you can generally know when to be paying attention). BTW, some people will tell you to not book until a promotion/discount is announced if you have no intention of keeping the room if you don't get a discount.

CL rooms are often included in various promotions/discounts (anywhere from 20-35% depending on the time of year). I'm sorry, I don't know about free dining and CL (although I'm pretty sure they do), free dining has never appealed to our family. I'm pretty certain CL room rates are published at the same time as all other room rates.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the "CL rooms are in short supply" statement from our personal experience with several CL trips since 2014. It is true that certain high-demand (and lower inventory) CL room categories/view categories may tend to fill early, but generally speaking you don't need to making your reservation at the 499 mark to get what you want.

That being said, do you have a certain resort, room type, or view category in mind? How about time of year you're going? That may help provide a bit more specific feedback on what to expect.

Thanks!

Last edited:
20 days till our next WL stay, however...I couldn't justify the $140 per night increase over regular room rate for club level this stay b/c of the renovations and uncertainty......Our last CL stay in December, Mike told us it would be well into 2017 until it was back to normal and worth it... I'm going to ask at check in if there is any availability tho, and how much more it would be...I have a friend who stays club from time to time and has been able to stay for $50-100 more per night by just asking at check in if it isn't filled up there...figured it would be worth a shot to just ask, and maybe it's $50!!

Trying to figure out when to book. We are over 550 days out from our planned trip, and I've been told that getting a room only reservation at 499 days prior to your leave date is not a place holder for your room, if you plan to get a package later on. The person who gave me that info was focused on free dining and other discounted packages.

This is correct. Booking RO at 499 days out is not a placeholder for a room if you want a package later (discount or no discount). If you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other. With that said, if you know you want a package, it's best (IMO) to wait until the next year's rates are released and book a package from the start.

Does Disney ever include the CL rooms in their discounted room specials?

Yes. You might have to be flexible with your resort as not all resorts/room types are offered in promos (and some have lesser discounts than others), but CL rooms are usually included.

Does Disney ever include the CL rooms in their free dining specials?

Yes, but as posted above, sometimes you have to be flexible depending on what's offered.

Does Disney announce their rates for the next year for CL rooms at the same time as their other rooms (around June or July?)?

Yes, when rates are released, all room types are included.

It seems to me that CL rooms are in short supply. Is there a good reason not to book a CL room early out, even if you might be able to change it to a package later on?

Just my opinion, but I don't think you will have any trouble booking a CL room after rates are released.

20 days till our next WL stay, however...I couldn't justify the $140 per night increase over regular room rate for club level this stay b/c of the renovations and uncertainty......Our last CL stay in December, Mike told us it would be well into 2017 until it was back to normal and worth it... I'm going to ask at check in if there is any availability tho, and how much more it would be...I have a friend who stays club from time to time and has been able to stay for $50-100 more per night by just asking at check in if it isn't filled up there...figured it would be worth a shot to just ask, and maybe it's $50!!

Have a great trip and good luck upgrading to CL at check in :wizard:.

We booked a last minute trip August 27-30 BWI CL! So excited :) We have APs this year so it's always an easy justification ;)

Congrats on the last minute trip! Have a great time :yay:.

I have a texting question for you or anyone who has used it: For the 4th+ FPs, how does the texting service beat doing it yourself online via MDX? I guess I don't understand how with texting you'd know what your FP choices are without a lot of back and forth. I know you can get a 4th+ FP online and also see what's available and at which parks, but I don't know how this works via texting. Thanks.View attachment 185673

@WDWKOOK - Sorry, I meant to respond to this question and forgot. Unless I've botched this in my memory, making the 4th+ FP on MDX was only added sometime over the last few months, right? I think when we were at RPC in Feb it was still when you had to go to the kiosk (which I always found to be a major pain). When I used the texting service, I would send a text asking for a FP for a specific ride and general time window. In a few circumstances they'd write back and say nothing was available and I'd either just waive it off or ask for something else. But yes, you are right, now that you can make 4+ FPs on MDX, that is more effecient.

Hello, we aren't sure if we are going to request club level yet, but are looking at the Poly and wondering how loud the boat horns are from the garden view side of Hawaii. I saw a video from the lagoon/theme park view side, and they were so loud I can't imagine not being able to hear them from the other side. So I thought I'd ask here. :) thanks.

Hello, we aren't sure if we are going to request club level yet, but are looking at the Poly and wondering how loud the boat horns are from the garden view side of Hawaii. I saw a video from the lagoon/theme park view side, and they were so loud I can't imagine not being able to hear them from the other side. So I thought I'd ask here. :) thanks.

We stayed GVCL in May and didn't notice them at all from the room.

We stayed garden view CL in June. We didn't hear the boat horns while in our room. :)

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the "CL rooms are in short supply" statement from our personal experience with several CL trips since 2014. It is true that certain high-demand (and lower inventory) CL room categories/view categories may tend to fill early, but generally speaking you don't need to making your reservation at the 499 mark to get what you want.

That being said, do you have a certain resort, room type, or view category in mind? How about time of year you're going? That may help provide a bit more specific feedback on what to expect.

Thanks!
I am looking at the Contemporary Resort for Jan 2018, after the Marathon and the MLK weekend. Haven't decided on whether to stay on the Atrium Level or Tower Level.

And thanks to everyone for the info. I'm glad that one of my assumptions was wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter