• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We got back on Thursday 8/26 from 7 nights at the Poly CL. We enjoyed our trip thoroughly and spent a lot of time at the lounge (will post more on that). Here are some pics of the the Hawaii building:
[GALLERY=]View attachment 121038 View attachment 121039 View attachment 121040 View attachment 121041 View attachment 121042 View attachment 121043 View attachment 121044 [/GALLERY]

Sorry that they are a bit out of order. We originally had a GV room, and the view from that room is shown in the second picture (view pool construction). That was the entire view, head on. There really was nothing else to be seen except that. Dh requested a room change and after being told no at every turn, finally a leader came and said he could change us the following day. The remaining pictures (minus the last pic) are what the view was from the "new" room that we moved to. Not a whole lot better! They were there m-f 9-5 and as you can see, those cherry pickers spanned the whole length of the building. So if you had a GV you were looking at the second pic I posted, and if you had lagoon view or theme park view you had a view of cherry pickers and on some days your patio was covered in either a tarp, a worker, or equipment and was not able to be used at all. Let me say now that we did not pay full rack rate because we had the "magical deal," but I was brokenhearted for other people who may have paid full price.

The last pic is from the stairwell of the lounge. Every morning during breakfast the cherry pickers were all the way up in front of the lounge windows- sometimes all the windows- with men sanding. The noise was really extreme and a pretty miserable way to start the day.

I think the pics speak for themselves so I will not belabor that disaster. On to the good! The lounge staff were mostly great. Irv is awesome. The breakfast seems the same as it was in 2010 (in a good way). I was quite worried about the evening offerings but they were completely fine. They kept the evening apps replenished and the food really was pretty good. Wine was out and self-serve between 5 and 10, which we really enjoyed! the staff were great about keeping tables clean and getting people all sorts of things that were not out. We have had hit-or-miss experiences with my dh's gluten intolerance at some of the lounges but the one chef at poly (who was there most of the week) was great.

Of note was the fact that they barely dim the lights at all in the lounge now during fireworks and while the music is piped it, it is so quiet that you can barely hear it. Viewing from the beach would be a much better choice, or from your patio or balcony if you are on that side of the building. The bungalows do not impede on the fireworks viewing at all.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try to answer! Overall we did have a great vacation.

We just checked in at the poly and were upgraded to lagoon view from garden view, so no pics of the pit from us! We are on the first floor in a room that was tpv pre bungalows, so I imagine our view of wishes will be great!!
Sounds wonderful! Enjoy! :dance3:

Tomorrow we are headed to the Beach Club!!! Cannot wait to relax and enjoy the resort. Not much park time for us!!!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

We just checked in at the poly and were upgraded to lagoon view from garden view, so no pics of the pit from us! We are on the first floor in a room that was tpv pre bungalows, so I imagine our view of wishes will be great!!

Congrats on the upgrade :yay:. Have a great time and enjoy the Poly! :goodvibes

We are looking at staying at the Beach Club CL in May of 2016 with a garden or lagoon view. Are there any specific room requests, would love a good balcony to sit on with coffeee, we should add to our reservation for either view classification? Also, I have read some things about daybeds, are they in every room? Thanks in advance!

We are looking at staying at the Beach Club CL in May of 2016 with a garden or lagoon view. Are there any specific room requests, would love a good balcony to sit on with coffeee, we should add to our reservation for either view classification? Also, I have read some things about daybeds, are they in every room? Thanks in advance!
We stayed at the BC CL in July. We didn't have a daybed in our room. Not all of the CL rooms have full balconies so we requested one when we made our reservation. When we checked in we did have a full balcony and a great view of SAB. :)

I'm planning a trip for next April with 4 adult ladies, and we definitely need either two rooms, or a room with 3 beds and two bathrooms.

(It's for me, my SIL, her adult daughter and teenage granddaughter - so we need 3 beds....).

Can anyone give me details about the Deluxe Club rooms in the various resorts? On the Disney site, it looks like some sleep 6, and have 2 bathrooms.

I'm planning a trip for next April with 4 adult ladies, and we definitely need either two rooms, or a room with 3 beds and two bathrooms.

(It's for me, my SIL, her adult daughter and teenage granddaughter - so we need 3 beds....).

Can anyone give me details about the Deluxe Club rooms in the various resorts? On the Disney site, it looks like some sleep 6, and have 2 bathrooms.
I've stayed several times in the deluxe rooms at BWI.
They are only one bathroom. They have two queens, and a sofa that converts to a bed. Very spacious (600+ square feet), they all have a beautiful view of the boardwalk and Crescent Lake.
Hope this information is helpful, happy planning!:goodvibes

In addition to the BWI deluxe room information that gwynne posted, the WL also has deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6. It only has 1 bathroom, but the bedroom has 2 queen beds and is separated by french doors from a small living room area that has a queen sleeper sofa. We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but I wanted to mention that at the WL, the deluxe rooms are not located on the CL floor. From things I've read, it's not a big deal getting back and forth to the lounge, but some people prefer to be on the floor where the lounge is located so I wanted to mention that.

The GF also has deluxe CL rooms that have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, but only 1 bathroom. These are located in RPC (main building CL).

I don't know of any deluxe rooms that have 2 bathrooms, but there might be some 2 bedroom suites that have that extra bathroom.

In addition to the BWI deluxe room information that gwynne posted, the WL also has deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6. It only has 1 bathroom, but the bedroom has 2 queen beds and is separated by french doors from a small living room area that has a queen sleeper sofa. We've never stayed in a deluxe room, but I wanted to mention that at the WL, the deluxe rooms are not located on the CL floor. From things I've read, it's not a big deal getting back and forth to the lounge, but some people prefer to be on the floor where the lounge is located so I wanted to mention that.

The GF also has deluxe CL rooms that have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, but only 1 bathroom. These are located in RPC (main building CL).

I don't know of any deluxe rooms that have 2 bathrooms, but there might be some 2 bedroom suites that have that extra bathroom.

Thanks for the info...I am thinking that if some miracle happens during our trip this October that a bounce back offer will be available and I can snap up a larger CL room where the four ladies won't be tripping over each other, utilizing a great deal...otherwise, two adjoining rooms at a moderate...would love it if we could somehow pull off Club!

Thanks for the info...I am thinking that if some miracle happens during our trip this October that a bounce back offer will be available and I can snap up a larger CL room where the four ladies won't be tripping over each other, utilizing a great deal...otherwise, two adjoining rooms at a moderate...would love it if we could somehow pull off Club!

You're welcome! I have seen deluxe CL rooms offered with a discount, so there is a good chance you could get one with a BB. Keep in mind that if one isn't available at the time you book, book the next best option and keep checking as availability does change and you might be able to get one later on ;).

Congrats! The BWI Deluxe rooms are so spacious and pretty. What fun to be at WDW at Christmas! :dance3:
and as you know my RC ways are in full effect :)

We got back on Thursday 8/26 from 7 nights at the Poly CL. We enjoyed our trip thoroughly and spent a lot of time at the lounge (will post more on that).
very glad you has a good trip despite the less than perfect views :)

Just back from 8 FABULOUS days at the Polynesian CL in a GV room. :sunny:

Here's my Live trip report thread.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/live-from-the-polynesian-gv-cl-aug-24-sept-1.3441268/
thank you for sharing your trip with us!

Fantastic! That sounds wonderful! :D
And now I'm at sugarloaf lol :)
You have a very positive outlook on the "view", I think I would have cried. :( I sure hope people paying for lagoon view got a discount. UGH!
I would've totally cried, I did the same thing when I rebooked RPC and they were building the villas. Totally cried at the equipment and mounds o dirt
I would go ahead and do CL, how about BC deluxe room? The club lounge is great for having extra space outside the room. The CR And GF are spacious rooms as well!

We had a deluxe room at the BWI CL last summer, it was great to have the extra space :) Boy I wish it did have two bathrooms, that would be awesome! :D Here are my pics: http://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-from-the-boardwalk-inn-club-level.3316744/

Definitely request a full balcony! Those are awesome to have. :) You can request a daybed too but they are pretty scarce. Even the times we've had 4 or 5 people in our party we still had a hard time getting one.

That is wonderful!!! :) Enjoy that amazing view! :D

We had a 1 bedroom suite tower club at the Contemporary that was basically a regular room on the 14th floor with a huge living/dining area and another full bath with walk in shower. There was at least one sleeper sofa in the living room area.
At the Beach Club we had a 2 bed room suite (no club floor but access) that was a regular pool view room attached to a 1 bedroom suite with wet bar, living room and bedroom with bath.

It's online check-in time for us and I remember that it's better to request by amenity (vs specific room numbers). We are in a Jr Suite/Deluxe at WL and I really like the --53's (I think it's -153, more specifically) It's not too far down to the ends and overlooks the pool area. That would be "close to elevators, court yard view"?

I'd rather have something close to the elevators, but is there a major selling point to the other rooms? I feel like I've read all of this, but I just can't remember where!

Off topic, but I wanted to report back that I am SO GLAD I grabbed that CSR room because now there are ZERO ROOMS at any resort, all categories! It's going to be crazy crowded for sure, at least the CSR buses tend to be the least crowded. That should help a bit. I got our MNSSHP tickets for 10/25. I'm sure that one will probably sell out. I'm exited for F&W, and I grabbed fastpasses for eat to the beat, that will be interesting to try.
Next up I'm going to try for an ADR at Morimoto Asia. They're supposed to release next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter