Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I emailed IPO about the 4th of July and this was their response. Sounds great!

"We do have a special menu for appetizer hour on July 4th! Currently the menu is chicken wings with hot sauce, hot dogs (ketchup, mustard, relish provided), baked beans, Luau salad (mixed greens, mandarin oranges, Mango Poppyseed dressing), cubed cheese & cracker (cheddar, swiss, monterey jack, pepper jack), peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. For dessert we will have brownies, apple tarts, cheery tarts, and pretzel sparklers. Please keep in mind the menu may be subject to change. Our club level guests will also have a reserved viewing area on the beach. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."

"We do have a special menu for appetizer hour on July 4th! Currently the menu is chicken wings with hot sauce, hot dogs (ketchup, mustard, relish provided), baked beans, Luau salad (mixed greens, mandarin oranges, Mango Poppyseed dressing), cubed cheese & cracker (cheddar, swiss, monterey jack, pepper jack), peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. For dessert we will have brownies, apple tarts, cheery tarts, and pretzel sparklers. Please keep in mind the menu may be subject to change. Our club level guests will also have a reserved viewing area on the beach. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance."
Wow. Sounds awesome! Enjoy.

Please add us to the list.
We will be at the Poly CL September 12-19th
This is our third poly stay but our first CL experience
:thanks:

Ann,John Sr.
and family

Ahh yes that sounds very familiar!! Same as the last 2 years, and I remember last year thinking how fun it was to have traditional type 4th of July food! I'm so excited -- trip is getting so close! I can't remember from your posts -- have you ever seen the MK 4th of July fireworks show? Usually they show it on both July 3 and 4. It's the best show I've ever seen. However, I'd love to see the show at HS and Epcot too....

How fun!:goodvibes We have only been to WDW for July 4th once ( it's our younger sons birthday) and we watched the fireworks from the beach at the Poly, it was great!

Ahh yes that sounds very familiar!! Same as the last 2 years, and I remember last year thinking how fun it was to have traditional type 4th of July food! I'm so excited -- trip is getting so close! I can't remember from your posts -- have you ever seen the MK 4th of July fireworks show? Usually they show it on both July 3 and 4. It's the best show I've ever seen. However, I'd love to see the show at HS and Epcot too....

We have never seen the 4th of July fireworks from MK!! We are super excited to watch them on both the 3rd and the 4th - both from the Poly. I can't wait!! SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY! 9 DAYS!!!!! :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

How fun!:goodvibes We have only been to WDW for July 4th once ( it's our younger sons birthday) and we watched the fireworks from the beach at the Poly, it was great!

We can't wait!!!

Hi there! We are staying CL at the Poly Aug 22-30. Our only other CL experience was the CR, and we were in the room closest to the lounge, which we really liked. I was looking up room views at Touring Plans and it looks like the Poly lounge spans all three floors. Can someone tell me which floor the main food and drink part of the lounge is on? Thanks!

Hi there! We are staying CL at the Poly Aug 22-30. Our only other CL experience was the CR, and we were in the room closest to the lounge, which we really liked. I was looking up room views at Touring Plans and it looks like the Poly lounge spans all three floors. Can someone tell me which floor the main food and drink part of the lounge is on? Thanks!

The first floor is where the concierge CM desk are (in case you need any help making dining plans, etc.) The second floor is the main area where the food is served and most of the tables and chairs are there as well. The third floor of the lounge area is small (most of the 2nd floor has a tall, tall ceiling) and it provides some quieter seating space directly above the food area. It's open to the 2nd floor and you still have the great view of the lagoon and the castle from there. Hope this helps!

Has anyone had luck getting hard-to-book Food & Wine special events (such as Wine View Lounge at Party for the Senses) by having IPO book for you the day reservations open up? I never trust them with ADRs, but this may be one place they can do better than the customer. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice.

Questions and Requests

So work has been horribly stressful and my next Disney escape was 120 days away. I needed to find a happy place before that so I am planning a quick solo trip in August to GF RPC.

So my request is - Can I be added to the log 8/15 - 8/18 GF RPC

My question for those who have stayed RPC. I booked a deluxe king. I want to put a room request on my reservation. Can any of you tell me what the best room request is for a deluxe king?

So excited that I now have something to look forward to this summer and then again in the fall. After staying at RPC, I will have stayed at all deluxe resorts club level and will have an fully vetted opinion of my favorite :flower1:

We're staying GF RPC for the first time in November and have booked the deluxe king room. I've been doing tons of research and have found some great info on the Dis!

There
are two types of king deluxe rooms in the main building. Here's a thread that has floor plans of both and explains some of the differences: http://www.disboards.com/threads/deluxe-room-grand-floridian.1839423/

The GF thread also has lots of info and pictures. Once you are in that thread do a search for 'king deluxe' and you'll find tons of information!

Has anyone had luck getting hard-to-book Food & Wine special events (such as Wine View Lounge at Party for the Senses) by having IPO book for you the day reservations open up? I never trust them with ADRs, but this may be one place they can do better than the customer. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice.
I think the IPO does a great job of regular dining reservations at 180 out. It can be hit or miss if someone wants a very difficult to get reservation closer to their stay. In those cases, I do it myself. I can check 3 or 4 times a day, and get what I want most of the time....eventually. :)
Food and wine events and the IPO are much riskier. My personal opinion: If you really want reserved seating at a party for the senses, do it yourself. I don't ask the IPO to do those anymore. By the time they go thru their long, time consuming list sometimes all that are left are general admission. I missed out on reserved seating one year because I asked the IPO to reserve, and all they could get was general admission.

For me, the best use of my time is to use the IPO for the usual dining reservations. I am up and ready to go at 6:55am on the first day Food and Wine events are available to be booked. You just keep calling until they answer, and have your list, and credit card at the ready. Start with the wine view lounge ressies, and go from there...
(And a tip to the wise, some years in the past the wine tastings and demos were are available online a little earlier than 6am that day. It's worth trying if you want to book some of those events. No guarantee from year to year, but I always check this.)

Last edited:
I think the IPO does a great job of regular dining reservations at 180 out. It can be hit or miss if someone wants a very difficult to get reservation closer to their stay. In those cases, I do it myself. I can check 3 or 4 times a day, and get what I want most of the time....eventually. :)
Food and wine events and the IPO are much riskier. My personal opinion: If you really want reserved seating at a party for the senses, do it yourself. I don't ask the IPO to do those anymore. By the time they go thru their long, time consuming list sometimes all that are left are general admission. I missed out on reserved seating one year because I asked the IPO to reserve, and all they could get was general admission.

For me, the best use of my time is to use the IPO for the usual dining reservations. They I am up and ready to go at 6:55am on the first day Food and Wine events are available to be booked. You just keep calling until they answer, and have your list, and credit card at the ready. Start with the wine view lounge ressies, and go from there...
(And a tip to the wise, some years in the past the wine tastings and demos were are available online a little earlier than 6am that day. It's worth trying if you want to book some of those events. No guarantee from year to year, but I always check this.)
Your information is incredibly helpful, Gwynne. Thank you for taking the time to respond in such detail.

The first floor is where the concierge CM desk are (in case you need any help making dining plans, etc.) The second floor is the main area where the food is served and most of the tables and chairs are there as well. The third floor of the lounge area is small (most of the 2nd floor has a tall, tall ceiling) and it provides some quieter seating space directly above the food area. It's open to the 2nd floor and you still have the great view of the lagoon and the castle from there. Hope this helps!
Thank you! The second floor is where we want to be - closer to the snacks! popcorn::

Thank you! The second floor is where we want to be - closer to the snacks! popcorn::

Just in case you don't know this, the second floor rooms do not have balconies. Just letting you know in case it is important to you!

So enjoyed Club Level Wilderness Lodge, the place just makes my heart sing! We were room 7109, it did face the pool, so you could lean out and see the Electric Parade, as well as the higher fireworks! (so when you hear loud noises, check it out! ;) ) There was a connecting door, and the beds! OMG - has anyone mentioned how soft and firm these beds are? I'm telling you when I rolled over, dh didn't move! We usually have a King bed - but it didn't matter here, because even when he snored, I tried to shake the bed (my usual routine) and it didn't move! When he sat on the bed to watch tv, again, I jumped on it - and asked him if he noticed - the bed didn't move! AND it was so comfortable!

I probably poured out my heart, to the CM staff - and they were genuinely kind! They did make my one day ever so much better!

and now that we are on the 2nd half of our vacation, DH just mentioned CL was worth it! ;) Another convert!! lol

So enjoyed Club Level Wilderness Lodge, the place just makes my heart sing! We were room 7109, it did face the pool, so you could lean out and see the Electric Parade, as well as the higher fireworks! (so when you hear loud noises, check it out! ;) ) There was a connecting door, and the beds! OMG - has anyone mentioned how soft and firm these beds are? I'm telling you when I rolled over, dh didn't move! We usually have a King bed - but it didn't matter here, because even when he snored, I tried to shake the bed (my usual routine) and it didn't move! When he sat on the bed to watch tv, again, I jumped on it - and asked him if he noticed - the bed didn't move! AND it was so comfortable!

I probably poured out my heart, to the CM staff - and they were genuinely kind! They did make my one day ever so much better!

and now that we are on the 2nd half of our vacation, DH just mentioned CL was worth it! ;) Another convert!! lol

Yay I'm so glad you had a great CL experience!! Question for you -- did WL have the 4th FP texting service up and going for your stay? Someone did say a few pages back that all resorts have now adapted this policy, but I'm not sure if he was just speculating or if he indeed was reporting based on his experience. We were at BC CL over Easter and it was an amazing service -- just loved it! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter