Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

View attachment 183163
Hi everyone! Thanks for your responses to my questions. I think I will look into a car service. Being that we will be coming in later, I really would love to get there as quick as possible. :duck: Does anyone have any car service suggestions? I'm assuming this can be arranged in advance. Thanks again for your help!

I've had good luck with Tiffany Towncar of Orlando. We get the SUV and have had the same driver all but one time which has been nice. A couple of the trips in my signature were just me and DS so having someone meet me there that can help with luggage/stroller/whatever was a real benefit. The driver waiting area and pickup setup they have at MCO is really ideal too. They offer a grocery stop which is great if you need to pick up any supplies (although I think most car services do too).

For various reasons we're renting a car next week, actually kind of bummed we won't be seeing Marco on this trip. And I'm bummed because the rental car cost is outrageous!!! Don't think we'll be doing that again.

View attachment 183163

I've had good luck with Tiffany Towncar of Orlando. We get the SUV and have had the same driver all but one time which has been nice. A couple of the trips in my signature were just me and DS so having someone meet me there that can help with luggage/stroller/whatever was a real benefit. The driver waiting area and pickup setup they have at MCO is really ideal too. They offer a grocery stop which is great if you need to pick up any supplies (although I think most car services do too).

For various reasons we're renting a car next week, actually kind of bummed we won't be seeing Marco on this trip. And I'm bummed because the rental car cost is outrageous!!! Don't think we'll be doing that again.

Okay great! Thanks for the info! I will look into that. :)

I am one of those people who previously did not like CL at the BC. When we stayed there a few years ago, the lounge was small, too crowded, and full of crying kids (I'm not that sensitive, but really, there was a kid having a tantrum on the floor near the food area just lying there kicking and screaming and the parents left him there and people had to step over him/walk around him to get breakfast!). We were there this March again and it is SO MUCH BETTER. The lounge is really, really big now, with tons of space for them to put out the food (which was also a big improvement over our previous visit) and plenty of space for people to spread out and sit down. It is similar to Regatta in that it's just a room (not like AKL or RPC where you are overlooking the lobby) with a nice balcony with no real views.

I see you are debating RPC. I say go ahead and try it out. We love the space up there. It never feels crowded and I enjoy hearing the piano or the band playing. We split between those two in March, though, and honestly the BC was a much better deal (price wise for what we got) and surprisingly food-wise as well. I went in with pretty low expectations for the BC after that trip years ago, and they really impressed me. I went into RPC expecting "more" (also stayed there previously) and I wasn't "wowed" but I do like the main building.

I'm impressed you ever returned to BC-CL, I couldn't under those conditions you experienced. How did you rationalize giving it another try, was it the new lounge? Would you stay there again in the future?

I think everyone probably books RPC for the first time with higher expectations than other CLs. The price point is one reason. Even when compared with SL, it's about 35% more expensive so you'd expect 35% more, unless the price difference is due purely to location?

Based on replies from the GF thread and here, I'm going to keep my RPC booking. I think I need to get it out of my system and mark it off the list. Who knows, I've lowered my expectations so much, I might be pleasantly surprised!

I'm impressed you ever returned to BC-CL, I couldn't under those conditions you experienced. How did you rationalize giving it another try, was it the new lounge? Would you stay there again in the future?

I think everyone probably books RPC for the first time with higher expectations than other CLs. The price point is one reason. Even when compared with SL, it's about 35% more expensive so you'd expect 35% more, unless the price difference is due purely to location?

Based on replies from the GF thread and here, I'm going to keep my RPC booking. I think I need to get it out of my system and mark it off the list. Who knows, I've lowered my expectations so much, I might be pleasantly surprised!

When we planned the trip, it was assumed that the YC was going to be refurbed at the time we were going. I prefer not to stay at any resort during construction. I know some people don't mind, but I really do. We wanted an Epcot resort, and my DD really wanted SAB, so I figured with the new rooms and the much larger lounge I would give it a try. Also, I saw that the food area was much larger and that they were serving protein and lots of other good things for breakfast (that was not the case on our previous stay there) and had upgraded their coffee options as well. I was really pleased with our stay there.

I agree, you need to try RPC for yourself. I do think I hold it to a higher standard just based on the price, and in that way it didn't wow me. But it is really nice up there in the lounge, so if you plan to have some down time there I think it's lovely. We've also tried SL at the GF and I think that sometimes it gets kicked around here on the boards. We had a couple great stays there.

As the poster that stated I had the bottle of wine taken out of my hands and poured by a cast member, this really did happen. I didn't say the bottle was "grabbed" out of my hand or snatched out of my hand but it was taken out of my hand . This was done with a polite "Please let me do that for you" but it did happen.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say it didn't happen. I was more tying to agree with what you say above.

Sometimes posting don't capture nuance very well. What you describe above sounds consistent with our lounge experience.

In this case, the polite tone of the CM mattered. That's what I was trying to convey.

Politely taking from you vs. grabbing in a not nice way.

Thanks for clarifying.

My concern about SL is past reports that it's quite noisy there since the lobby lounge noise travels easily to the rooms. I've seen some really messy and crowded lounge photos that look unappealing, though I am going when crowds should be at their lowest. It doesn't look like a very "cozy" lounge with great views, but maybe that doesn't come out in photos?

I didn't find the SL lounge cozy/relaxing at all. Since the lounge is located in the lobby as you enter the SL building, there are no views. SL (to me) has more of a cafeteria-feel, rather than a relaxing lounge feeling. With that said, SL is convenient if you will be spending a lot of time at the courtyard pool as it's just steps away and is great for grabbing drinks/snacks; however, to sit and enjoy the lounge/surroundings, I didn't find it very enjoyable :(.

From your list my favourite solo CL experience was RPC, the lounge area is one of my favourites, I enjoyed sitting listening to the band playing below.

I feel the same way. RPC has such a relaxing atmosphere that it's nice just sitting in the lounge listening to the band and taking in the beautiful surroundings :cloud9:.

WDWKOOK - I just wanted to quickly say how much I admire/appreciate the work you do on the other resort threads! Your dedication to helping your fellow Disney travelers and DIS'ers is incredibly impressive.

I second this :goodvibes.

In comparison to other CL trips, RPC was like a dream. I think a solo trip would be incredibly awesome at RPC. Just listening to the music in the main building and enjoying at your own pace = paradise! That would definitely be my choice.

I agree! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We are sitting in the lounge right now and so far it has all been self serve. Last night was as well. Agree about the CMs-best on property.

Thanks for checking in. Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

I'm eager to compare/contrast RPC, which is supposed to be Disney's finest CL:snooty:, with Tower Club, BWI, YC and WL CLs.

Looking forward to reading your reviews/opinions after your trip :flower3:.

Thanks so much for seconding the motion, @TJA :). You're a great resource for CL information and you always post thorough reviews and comments which are very helpful.

I agree! I love reading TJA's reviews/opinions and all of her great information regarding CLs and resorts in general :goodvibes.

I see you are debating RPC. I say go ahead and try it out. We love the space up there. It never feels crowded and I enjoy hearing the piano or the band playing.

It's a great CL with a great atmosphere, IMO ::yes::.

Hi everyone! Thanks for your responses to my questions. I think I will look into a car service. Being that we will be coming in later, I really would love to get there as quick as possible. :duck: Does anyone have any car service suggestions? I'm assuming this can be arranged in advance. Thanks again for your help!

Like GADisneyDad14, we've used Tiffany Town Car and have had a positive experience every time. Sometimes we rent a car, but when we do use a car service, it's always TTC ;).

I think you will enjoy RPC. Having stayed both RPC and SL, I'm in the minority in that I didn't care for SL. The food offerings are the same, but the lounges are worlds apart. I found the SL lounge small with a not-so-relaxing atmosphere. The RPC lounge, on the other hand, is very relaxing with great views. With that said, these are only my opinions as others love SL and stay there multiple times, but SL just wasn't/isn't for me (although I am glad I was able to try it ;)).

I agree! I love reading TJA's reviews/opinions and all of her great information regarding CLs and resorts in general :goodvibes.

Thank you! I try to be honest without being too harsh, if that makes sense :)

Thanks so much for seconding the motion, @TJA :). You're a great resource for CL information and you always post thorough reviews and comments which are very helpful.

I am really looking forward to this trip. I always told myself I would do this right after DD starts college, but I kept putting off booking, until last week. It can be really hard changing gears from family vacations and never having been away one night since DD was born, to her going away to college and me traveling alone. A part of you (or at least me) is so excited and another part wonders what it'll "feel" like in reality.

I wasn't able to get a CL room at BC, but is their lounge like the Regatta Club where you have a very small balcony off the lounge where a couple of people can fit at the table?

This (bolded part) really touches me because I can't imagine (right now) what that will feel like. I'm similar in that I've never been away without my girls, but I know that time will be here before I know it :sad1:. I can't wait to read your report so I can visualize through your experiences.

I think someone answered your question regarding the BC lounge -- to be honest, I've never taken note of any type of small balcony off the lounge, but I do remember reading there is one. At this point, my family really isn't interested in the lounges that are enclosed without a view. But we used to be when my kids were younger -- we thought they were very cozy! Funny how tastes change.

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm very thankful for the thorough and accurate information posted by so many people here on the DIS....I love to share our experiences to hopefully help others in the same way I've been helped all these years.

Last edited:
:wave:
For your official Unofficial Club Level record, Erika:

WDWKOOK
CR TOWER CLUB 9/5 - 9/8
GF RPC 9/11 - 9/14

When we planned the trip, it was assumed that the YC was going to be refurbed at the time we were going. I prefer not to stay at any resort during construction. I know some people don't mind, but I really do. We wanted an Epcot resort, and my DD really wanted SAB, so I figured with the new rooms and the much larger lounge I would give it a try. Also, I saw that the food area was much larger and that they were serving protein and lots of other good things for breakfast (that was not the case on our previous stay there) and had upgraded their coffee options as well. I was really pleased with our stay there.

I agree, you need to try RPC for yourself. I do think I hold it to a higher standard just based on the price, and in that way it didn't wow me. But it is really nice up there in the lounge, so if you plan to have some down time there I think it's lovely. We've also tried SL at the GF and I think that sometimes it gets kicked around here on the boards. We had a couple great stays there.

:)

I didn't find the SL lounge cozy/relaxing at all. Since the lounge is located in the lobby as you enter the SL building, there are no views. SL (to me) has more of a cafeteria-feel, rather than a relaxing lounge feeling. With that said, SL is convenient if you will be spending a lot of time at the courtyard pool as it's just steps away and is great for grabbing drinks/snacks; however, to sit and enjoy the lounge/surroundings, I didn't find it very enjoyable :(.

Looking forward to reading your reviews/opinions after your trip :flower3:.

I think you will enjoy RPC. Having stayed both RPC and SL, I'm in the minority in that I didn't care for SL. The food offerings are the same, but the lounges are worlds apart. I found the SL lounge small with a not-so-relaxing atmosphere. The RPC lounge, on the other hand, is very relaxing with great views. With that said, these are only my opinions as others love SL and stay there multiple times, but SL just wasn't/isn't for me (although I am glad I was able to try it ;)).

Did I miss your WDW vacation this summer? Your comments solidify my decision to stick with RPC - thank you, @mickeynut1:)

This (bolded part) really touches me because I can't imagine (right now) what that will feel like. I'm similar in that I've never been away without my girls, but I know that time will be here before I know it :sad1:. I can't wait to read your report so I can visualize through your experiences.

I think someone answered your question regarding the BC lounge -- to be honest, I've never taken note of any type of small balcony off the lounge, but I do remember reading there is one. At this point, my family really isn't interested in the lounges that are enclosed without a view. But we used to be when my kids were younger -- we thought they were very cozy! Funny how tastes change.

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm very thankful for the thorough and accurate information posted by so many people here on the DIS....I love to share our experiences to hopefully help others in the same way I've been helped all these years.

I was afraid I sounded a little, err, kooky about DD going off to college and my first solo trip so thanks for understanding, @TJA. I'm looking forward to posting about my experiences and I'll be sure to post a link to my LIVE TR when I get it up and running.

Alrighty folks, made it to Poly CL! When I stay theme park view, I have always requested third floor as my first priority and "close to the lounge" as second priority. I got third floor, but pretty close to the end of the building opposite the lounge. I debated being "that guy" and did ask if something was available a bit on the other side of Hawaii, but there wasn't until Tuesday. At the end of the day, this room is great! Sure it's like 20 steps longer than we would like, but that's really not a big deal in the scheme of things. Room was ready at 3:30ish which was nice (DD was running out of steam BIG TIME at that point).

I'll post full details when I can.

If any of y'all that are staying here see a 30ish couple with a six year old boy and two year old girl (acting like a pill), please say hi! But like I said several posts ago, if my daughter is being "that girl" I will quickly ignore any knowledge of DIS! Lol....

Alrighty folks, made it to Poly CL! When I stay theme park view, I have always requested third floor as my first priority and "close to the lounge" as second priority. I got third floor, but pretty close to the end of the building opposite the lounge. I debated being "that guy" and did ask if something was available a bit on the other side of Hawaii, but there wasn't until Tuesday. At the end of the day, this room is great! Sure it's like 20 steps longer than we would like, but that's really not a big deal in the scheme of things. Room was ready at 3:30ish which was nice (DD was running out of steam BIG TIME at that point).

If any of y'all that are staying here see a 30ish couple with a six year old boy and two year old girl (acting like a pill), please say hi! But like I said several posts ago, if my daughter is being "that girl" I will quickly ignore any knowledge of DIS! Lol....

Aloha and welcome home! You did the right thing asking, but keep in mind, you're 20 steps closer to the TTC:rolleyes:

Will you be posting LIVE here or to the Poly thread? Is it time for Trader Sam's or a Dole Whip?!

Yay! Glad you have arrived and got your 3rd floor! One time we got a room at the other end -- 3517 I believe -- and I was a bit skeptical at first, but it ended up being pretty cool! Enjoy!!

Quick update. I have to say that arrival at Poly was less than magical. I told the CM that met us at the car that we were staying CL and his response was "do you know where the Hawaii building is?" Somewhat reluctantly I said "yes" and he told us to just walk there ourselves. Not the end of the world, but not that great either. Certainly not what Disney advertises about the check in experience when you stay CL.

So of course we walk over to Hawaii (by ourselves) - magic bands don't work - and we stand there like fools waving/begging to be let in. The CL CM that did eventually check us in was like "why don't y'all have lais?"

Again, none of this is that big a deal but it just seems pretty sloppy. DW (who does not read these boards, does not know about "cutbacks" or anything like that) was like "what the heck, this is a lot different than last time."

Other than that minor observation, it's great to be back here. The Oasis pool is fantastic and just further solidifies why CL here is worth it for location alone. Really enjoyed the pool service at Oasis while waiting for our room, incredibly helpful when dealing with little ones. Very friendly CM's too. We were baking in the sun and the CM serving us grabbed us one of the cabana things when someone left and made sure to hold it while we gathered our stuff. Nice touch.

Met @AliceIn in line for evening appetizers which was a pleasant surprise! Sounds like her Ohana feast yesterday was fantastic!

I'll post photos when I can!

Quick update. I have to say that arrival at Poly was less than magical. I told the CM that met us at the car that we were staying CL and his response was "do you know where the Hawaii building is?" Somewhat reluctantly I said "yes" and he told us to just walk there ourselves. Not the end of the world, but not that great either. Certainly not what Disney advertises about the check in experience when you stay CL.

So of course we walk over to Hawaii (by ourselves) - magic bands don't work - and we stand there like fools waving/begging to be let in. The CL CM that did eventually check us in was like "why don't y'all have lais?"

Again, none of this is that big a deal but it just seems pretty sloppy. DW (who does not read these boards, does not know about "cutbacks" or anything like that) was like "what the heck, this is a lot different than last time."

Other than that minor observation, it's great to be back here. The Oasis pool is fantastic and just further solidifies why CL here is worth it for location alone. Really enjoyed the pool service at Oasis while waiting for our room, incredibly helpful when dealing with little ones. Very friendly CM's too. We were baking in the sun and the CM serving us grabbed us one of the cabana things when someone left and made sure to hold it while we gathered our stuff. Nice touch.

Met @AliceIn in line for evening appetizers which was a pleasant surprise! Sounds like her Ohana feast yesterday was fantastic!

Your check-in sounds like ours, except we walked over to Hawaii on our own since we were coming from MK boat anyway (or TTC? I can't remember) -- the Hawaii CM was shocked beyond belief that we weren't walked over with a lei! Sounds like they aren't on the same page as the greeting CM's....you are right a bit sloppy! And yes I agree on the Hawaii location and the Oasis pool! Lucky you getting to meet a DIS person! So many of you are going to be there...wish I was too! Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

your CL welcome sounds similar to ours last September. We were told to stop by the desk to make sure our bands worked though (and naturally after they "made sure" they wouldn't open the door to Hawaii). We were given leis then. We were 2nd floor one room from the lounge and truly had no noise issues. Can't wait to hear about how the food offerings have changed!

Last edited:
Thank you! I try to be honest without being too harsh, if that makes sense :)

It makes total sense and I don't find any of your posts harsh. They are always very informative and helpful :goodvibes.

Did I miss your WDW vacation this summer? Your comments solidify my decision to stick with RPC - thank you, @mickeynut1:)

I'm looking forward to posting about my experiences and I'll be sure to post a link to my LIVE TR when I get it up and running.

Hey there :wave2:

You didn't miss anything. We weren't able to make it down this summer, but looking at maybe trying to get down in December. Just waiting to see if any discounts come out for when we are able to go :).

Looking forward to your live TR and all of your fabulous pics ::yes::.

Thanks for checking in. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We've only stayed Poly CL once, it was a mommy/girls trip and check-in was a definite negative experience. And unfortunately, negative tends to skew how I feel about a place despite how the rest of the trip went. Part of me wishes it didn't because the view from the Poly lounge is divine.

3 more sleeps!!! I am currently working my final shift before vacation...some ch-ch-changes along the way. But only for my arrival night. On Wednesday we flight into MCO and are booked at the Hyatt. Then in the morning it is DME to BWI CL!!!!!! I can't wait to see some DISers :grouphug:

Adding one night at the Wilderness Lodge Club level on the way home before the Auto Train. So that makes 4 nights at the Beach Club, 3 nights at the GF and then one night at the Wilderness Lodge. I think I've lost my mind but this is our last trip for a while. No park tickets during the WL stay so we will really soak up the resort.

We are planning a trip for next August. We are considering 3 nights at Poly and 4 nights at YC. I am a little nervous hearing that the service at the Poly CL is less than stellar. We are choosing the Poly for the location, the food, and the atmosphere. How do they do with split stays? Does anyone have experience with split stays and the Poly CL? Also, should we go to the Poly first then the YC CL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter