Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

hmmm I’m wondering about the pricing they Are giving....I was just moved from a garden view room in POFQ to a standard room at CBR and told it was an even exchang...
I think it completely depends on the cast member you get on the phone. I had read on this board that people were being moved from FQ to a deluxe but my cm said my only choices were CB or CS. She said that for the price I had booked at FQ I could have a king room or a preferred room with price protection. Since we are "senior" Disney lovers, I chose the preferred location.
hmmm I’m wondering about the pricing they Are giving....I was just moved from a garden view room in POFQ to a standard room at CBR and told it was an even exchang...

We also were moved with no credit from POFQ and told we had to go to a moderate. It's really sad seeing fabulous upgrades for others but it is what it is right now. The one plus will be the skyline so if it's not open..ugh!

We also have the preferred room, do not want a pirate room as we will not have any kiddos with us but do that to be close to skyliner. Is 32 the best option?

We also were moved with no credit from POFQ and told we had to go to a moderate. It's really sad seeing fabulous upgrades for others but it is what it is right now. The one plus will be the skyline so if it's not open..ugh!

We also have the preferred room, do not want a pirate room as we will not have any kiddos with us but do that to be close to skyliner. Is 32 the best option?

Looking at maps it looks like 32 is probably best of the preferred rooms for proximity to the Skyliner. Hopefully someone with CBR experience can help us out.

Spoke with a CM today at guest services giving it one last shot to get a deluxe upgrade with no luck :/ BUT, he said the Skyliner would definitely be open (by my dates in August at least), so thats a plus!

He recommended I stay put with my request to be closer to the main building than be closer to the skyliners as the walk isn't too bad? Can anyone confirm this or offer another tip? I want to make sure I have the right request in before I complete online check in!

EDIT: I'm in a King room, so I'm not sure how this would effect any reuqests

We just got moved to contemporary resort !! A first for us so it will be something new to try

Oh just saw your other post on the other thread- you were in AKL. That's awesome! I thought you got switched to CBR and then to CR and I was about to get on the phone with GS again 🤣

Spoke with a CM today at guest services giving it one last shot to get a deluxe upgrade with no luck :/ BUT, he said the Skyliner would definitely be open (by my dates in August at least), so thats a plus!

He recommended I stay put with my request to be closer to the main building than be closer to the skyliners as the walk isn't too bad? Can anyone confirm this or offer another tip? I want to make sure I have the right request in before I complete online check in!

EDIT: I'm in a King room, so I'm not sure how this would effect any reuqests

I would request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both locations are a 4-5 minute walk to the Skyliner and 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool. In our opinion those locations can't be beat.

I would request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both locations are a 4-5 minute walk to the Skyliner and 3-4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool. In our opinion those locations can't be beat.

Awesome! Thank you! And do you recommend I call to request these?? I'm honestly pretty excited to stay here now!

Awesome! Thank you! And do you recommend I call to request these?? I'm honestly pretty excited to stay here now!

Yes. The options online are limited and sometimes don't make sense. You can call any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Spoke with a CM today at guest services giving it one last shot to get a deluxe upgrade with no luck :/ BUT, he said the Skyliner would definitely be open (by my dates in August at least), so thats a plus.

When I got moved over to Caribbean Beach resort I was told the Skyliner would not be open most likely in September. Isn't it crazy how different cast members can give such different information, different upgrade availability, etc?

When I got moved over to Caribbean Beach resort I was told the Skyliner would not be open most likely in September. Isn't it crazy how different cast members can give such different information, different upgrade availability, etc?

It is! I've never gotten a solid "no" when asking about the skyliner, I've gotten a most likely yes, and many "we don't know", but this was the first time someone gave me a solid yes so I guess maybe they were told today that it's going to be open? Seems like the info changes so much....

As far as upgrades, I think the POR/POFQ upgrades to deluxe resorts were happening on the first day, early on. Now it seems like Disney has given the reservation CM's literature that states they can only transfer guests to like resorts, like moderate to moderate, etc. Had I gotten through earlier on Monday I probably could have gotten a deluxe resort but by the time I got through to GS (after trying to get through on the main line over 500 times, then being on hold for 5 hours), it seemed like they had been given that direction already. My CM said she HAD to check the other moderate before she looked at Deluxe. Seems like things happening in the morning were a tad bit different. But either way, excited about the skyliner!!!!! The CB rooms look a little drab online but many people seem to love it, so maybe we're in for a treat. Big port orleans people over here so I totally get why you're disappointed!

Crazy, but unfortunately extremely common.

I am not impressed whatsoever with the look of the room. It's terrible to me but I guess at this point I have no option. We chose Port Orleans French Quarter because it's small. This Resort is so spread out, even though we were given a preferred room for our upgrade that location seems to be far from the Skyliner if it is open.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the rooms, they're very nice (I've stayed at both resorts) - and since you have a preferred room it shouldn't be far from anything. I love the feel of CB, very relaxing. I had almost given up on CB due to the busing situation, but now that it has access to the Skyliner I love it again! And given the current situation with social distancing, I would much rather travel to a park that way in a small group or in my own party than be on bus load full of people. I would be surprised if only the busses were running because of that. In fact I wonder if that's why they're pushing people to those resorts instead?

Just booked my CBR stay for June 2021!!! Now the ticket planning dilemma. Ugh! With the uncertainty of PH'ing that far out, I guess I'll just wait and patiently obsess about what to do for the next few months.

Also, it gave me the option of complimentary Magic Bands or $10-$20 for premium. So maybe Disney has changed their plans due to the high demand.

Which MagicBand Is Your Favorite?
Choose Your MagicBands
Complete order by May 30, 2021 for pickup at check-in.

MagicBand Order for 4 Guests:
New! You can now choose from complimentary or special pre-order prices on premium MagicBands. Order up to 11 days before your expected arrival date to have your MagicBands shipped to your home. Special pricing is valid online only.

Last edited:
Same question, we got put in a King room but our CM requested closer to the main building... now I'm wondering if it would be better to be closer to the skyliner?
I have been told there is a path from Martinique to the Riviera where the other skyliner is.

The King Rooms have 1 King bed.

We like Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the Main Feature pool and still a short walk to the CBR Skyliner Station.
I have been debating on what room to request or if we should try for a preferred and request Martinique because of the path to Riviera.
Right now we have a water view room. I know you know CBR well and wanted to ask you what you would do. We want to be close to everything of course lol and the skyliner. Would you keep the water view then request building 51 or 45 or would you upgrade to a preferred room and request Martinique?

I have been debating on what room to request or if we should try for a preferred and request Martinique because of the path to Riviera.
Right now we have a water view room. I know you know CBR well and wanted to ask you what you would do. We want to be close to everything of course lol and the skyliner. Would you keep the water view then request building 51 or 45 or would you upgrade to a preferred room and request Martinique?

I would rather be in 45 or 51. You'll be closer to a Skyliner Station than any room in Martinique and you'll be closer to OPR and the Main Feature pool than half of Martinique.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter