Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I'm glad to hear that. I'm going to keep an eye on how construction is going and I may modify my request depending on how it's going. Normally we're pretty relaxed when it comes to things like this, but with a 2 year old that we planned on taking back for naps and how loud the construction was in Tim's video it had me worried.

I had a mid-afternoon nap twice while we were there. Honestly, the buses made more noise (we faced the parking lot) during the day than anything else. Having said that I must qualify it by saying that we live in a very rural area where we might get 2 cars down our front road each day, and the brightest light we ever see at night is a full moon, so I'm probably bothered by a more urban setting than most would be.

We're coming to WDW in early October. What do we think about the progress of this construction by then?

We're coming to WDW in early October. What do we think about the progress of this construction by then?

The Skyliner and Riviera Resort Tower are expected to be completed in Spring 2019. Centertown construction is supposed to be completed in December 2018.

The Skyliner and Riviera Resort Tower are expected to be completed in Spring 2019. Centertown construction is supposed to be completed in December 2018.
Thank you! That is just the information I've been trying to locate. I'll avoid this resort, and probably Coronado as well.

Just booked Caribbean Beach for August. We've never stayed at a resort with an internal bus before so excuse this (probably) basic question:

On our last day, flight isn't until 8:00 pm...know we have to get our bags to the main building to be held but, if we were to setup a pickup time from bell service, do we have to be there for them to take them? For example, we want to leave the room by 7:30 am. Could we set a pickup time for 8-9 am so they can pick it up after we're gone?

Just booked Caribbean Beach for August. We've never stayed at a resort with an internal bus before so excuse this (probably) basic question:

On our last day, flight isn't until 8:00 pm...know we have to get our bags to the main building to be held but, if we were to setup a pickup time from bell service, do we have to be there for them to take them? For example, we want to leave the room by 7:30 am. Could we set a pickup time for 8-9 am so they can pick it up after we're gone?

No. You need to be in the room. So you can request a pickup of your luggage 7-7:30AM.

Here’s a summary of some of the main themes often asked about here for our stay at CBR from March 24 to April 1, 2018.

Our room was in Jamaica and faced the parking lot in building 46. Room 4616 is a corner king bed room. We were originally booked at POP but when the room discounts came out, I was not able to apply the discount to our POP reservation but I was able to get our CBR king bed room for the same money as the rack rate at POP, so we moved to CBR. The room was clean and mousekeeping did a good job keeping us supplied with towels, shampoo/conditioner, and coffee on a daily basis. We were not offered the gift card for declining housekeeping but had decided ahead of time that we would not take the gift card even if it was offered. Probably because of this we did not experience any interruptions or intrusions that some have reported because of the “daily room check” policy now if effect.

Construction was evident all around the resort with very few exceptions. We were not bothered by noise at any time but if you’re bothered by seeing unfinished buildings and lots of equipment on site then this is probably not the time for you to visit. We found it interesting to see the progress of some of the work over our stay. I found the regular noise of lawnmowers and leaf blowers to be far more annoying. There was also some maintenance going on with power washing of the exteriors of the buildings and touching up the paint. But it’s not just CBR. Roadway construction was full-on with numerous intersection and overpass projects on the go, it seemed everywhere. I remember what a pain all the construction around Disney Springs was a short time ago. Returning to CBR from DS is now super quick with the dedicated bus lanes they now have. Be patient, it will pay off in the long run, I’m sure.

Buses always seem to get a lot of criticism at CBR. Sorry to disappoint anyone but we had excellent bus service during our stay. We tend to stay late and close the parks down but sleep in a bit in the morning and get going around 10 AM or so. It just fits our MDT schedule from home. As far as I could tell the separate buses for the two halves of the resort seemed to run all morning until noon or so. So how was the wait? Most mornings leaving the resort the park bus we wanted was either just coming to the stop (Jamaica) or would arrive with 10 mins or so. Sure, we had to jog a bit to catch a few buses but that’s not new for us at CBR at all. We did have a long wait for a MK bus one morning. While we were waiting, a CM arrived at the bus stop and we mentioned that we’d waited for 30 mins or so already. He seemed surprised and radioed for a bus and one was soon there. There was a CM at the stop each day and I can’t fault Disney as they sure seem to be working to improve the system. One morning, a family came to the stop, immediately seemed concerned about how long they had waited for a bus and after maybe 3 minutes they were talking about taking their car. We left before I could see what they decided to do but I’ll bet they just didn’t leave a reasonable amount of time to get to where they needed to go. We had a Garden Grill breakfast reservation at 8:30 AM. We were at the bus stop at 7:30 AM and were seated 10 minutes early. No stress involved. Of course late night coming back to CBR from the parks was as it always has been...

Parks were, as one CM told me, “insane”. I suppose that’s to be expected during Spring Break but it seemed to me that there were more attractions going down more often than on previous trips. The day that the BTMR FP+ line stretched all the way down to Pecos Bill’s, even CMs were taking pics and sending them to other CMs at the other parks. We did see evidence that attractions were not operating at full capacity even though the parks were very crowded and lines were long. Generally, if you didn’t have a FP+, you’d be waiting a long, long time. Even our usual late night EMH at MK had long wait times into the wee hours. We did however, get several attractions done quickly at MK by hopping over at 11 PM when the park was closing at 12 AM. We did Haunted Mansion, BTMR, Splash, Pirates, and Buzz in that hour! We didn’t get to SDMT before they shut down for the night, though.

We were on the regular DDP. We did take advantage of the alcoholic beverages now included on the plan. While the “value” of the DDP will still be debated I can say that we saved money over previous trips because with the one included drink, we were less likely to have a second one with our meal (and very few servers even asked) so we only charged the tip on our magic bands for most TS meals. At the end of the week our typical $800 typically charged back to the room on past trips was only $525 this time. We probably spent a little less on stuff to take back home as well, but with a glass of wine typically at $9+, it all adds up. We ate at the Centertown Buffet for breakfast three times. We thought the food was as good as what we were served at the Garden Grill and is a pretty good deal for a CS meal. Maybe others were put off by the “tent” or just have much higher standards but as a life long camper, I found the setting comfortable, especially having the same tables and chairs as we had in OPR for years. I felt quite at home and the CMs went above and beyond, in my opinion. We didn’t eat at Spyglass but did hike over to have a look. The menu didn’t appeal to my DW so we didn’t eat there, at the food truck, or visit the Banana Cabana during this stay.

This is probably plenty long enough already so I’ll wind it up. So should you stay at CBR? If you’re a long time fan, like some of us here, and you go in with your eyes wide open, sure. It’s still the same old CBR that we fell in love with and still feels the same to us. If it’s your first trip to Disney or even just your first visit to CBR, I’d suggest waiting at least until OPR is back up and running. Our first stay was in 2008 while the main pool was under reconstruction and it left me a bit “meh” that we couldn’t use it. Subsequent trips erased that sentiment completely.

Here’s a summary of some of the main themes often asked about here for our stay at CBR from March 24 to April 1, 2018.

Our room was in Jamaica and faced the parking lot in building 46. Room 4616 is a corner king bed room. We were originally booked at POP but when the room discounts came out, I was not able to apply the discount to our POP reservation but I was able to get our CBR king bed room for the same money as the rack rate at POP, so we moved to CBR. The room was clean and mousekeeping did a good job keeping us supplied with towels, shampoo/conditioner, and coffee on a daily basis. We were not offered the gift card for declining housekeeping but had decided ahead of time that we would not take the gift card even if it was offered. Probably because of this we did not experience any interruptions or intrusions that some have reported because of the “daily room check” policy now if effect.

Construction was evident all around the resort with very few exceptions. We were not bothered by noise at any time but if you’re bothered by seeing unfinished buildings and lots of equipment on site then this is probably not the time for you to visit. We found it interesting to see the progress of some of the work over our stay. I found the regular noise of lawnmowers and leaf blowers to be far more annoying. There was also some maintenance going on with power washing of the exteriors of the buildings and touching up the paint. But it’s not just CBR. Roadway construction was full-on with numerous intersection and overpass projects on the go, it seemed everywhere. I remember what a pain all the construction around Disney Springs was a short time ago. Returning to CBR from DS is now super quick with the dedicated bus lanes they now have. Be patient, it will pay off in the long run, I’m sure.

Buses always seem to get a lot of criticism at CBR. Sorry to disappoint anyone but we had excellent bus service during our stay. We tend to stay late and close the parks down but sleep in a bit in the morning and get going around 10 AM or so. It just fits our MDT schedule from home. As far as I could tell the separate buses for the two halves of the resort seemed to run all morning until noon or so. So how was the wait? Most mornings leaving the resort the park bus we wanted was either just coming to the stop (Jamaica) or would arrive with 10 mins or so. Sure, we had to jog a bit to catch a few buses but that’s not new for us at CBR at all. We did have a long wait for a MK bus one morning. While we were waiting, a CM arrived at the bus stop and we mentioned that we’d waited for 30 mins or so already. He seemed surprised and radioed for a bus and one was soon there. There was a CM at the stop each day and I can’t fault Disney as they sure seem to be working to improve the system. One morning, a family came to the stop, immediately seemed concerned about how long they had waited for a bus and after maybe 3 minutes they were talking about taking their car. We left before I could see what they decided to do but I’ll bet they just didn’t leave a reasonable amount of time to get to where they needed to go. We had a Garden Grill breakfast reservation at 8:30 AM. We were at the bus stop at 7:30 AM and were seated 10 minutes early. No stress involved. Of course late night coming back to CBR from the parks was as it always has been...

Parks were, as one CM told me, “insane”. I suppose that’s to be expected during Spring Break but it seemed to me that there were more attractions going down more often than on previous trips. The day that the BTMR FP+ line stretched all the way down to Pecos Bill’s, even CMs were taking pics and sending them to other CMs at the other parks. We did see evidence that attractions were not operating at full capacity even though the parks were very crowded and lines were long. Generally, if you didn’t have a FP+, you’d be waiting a long, long time. Even our usual late night EMH at MK had long wait times into the wee hours. We did however, get several attractions done quickly at MK by hopping over at 11 PM when the park was closing at 12 AM. We did Haunted Mansion, BTMR, Splash, Pirates, and Buzz in that hour! We didn’t get to SDMT before they shut down for the night, though.

We were on the regular DDP. We did take advantage of the alcoholic beverages now included on the plan. While the “value” of the DDP will still be debated I can say that we saved money over previous trips because with the one included drink, we were less likely to have a second one with our meal (and very few servers even asked) so we only charged the tip on our magic bands for most TS meals. At the end of the week our typical $800 typically charged back to the room on past trips was only $525 this time. We probably spent a little less on stuff to take back home as well, but with a glass of wine typically at $9+, it all adds up. We ate at the Centertown Buffet for breakfast three times. We thought the food was as good as what we were served at the Garden Grill and is a pretty good deal for a CS meal. Maybe others were put off by the “tent” or just have much higher standards but as a life long camper, I found the setting comfortable, especially having the same tables and chairs as we had in OPR for years. I felt quite at home and the CMs went above and beyond, in my opinion. We didn’t eat at Spyglass but did hike over to have a look. The menu didn’t appeal to my DW so we didn’t eat there, at the food truck, or visit the Banana Cabana during this stay.

This is probably plenty long enough already so I’ll wind it up. So should you stay at CBR? If you’re a long time fan, like some of us here, and you go in with your eyes wide open, sure. It’s still the same old CBR that we fell in love with and still feels the same to us. If it’s your first trip to Disney or even just your first visit to CBR, I’d suggest waiting at least until OPR is back up and running. Our first stay was in 2008 while the main pool was under reconstruction and it left me a bit “meh” that we couldn’t use it. Subsequent trips erased that sentiment completely.
Thanks for the objective report.
We are coming for our first CBR stay in just over a week, but as you say, it’s with “eyes wide open”.
We only use Disney Transport and have Quick Service ddp included in our package, so I’m grateful for the very relevant feedback on the buses and Food Tent.
I’m looking forward to it more than ever.

Here now, in Aruba 56. Not the best location but beggars can't be choosers - our ground floor and adjoining requests were more important than location. The construction really hasn't had much impact on our stay - you hear it during the day, especially by the quiet pool, but it is pretty easy to tune out. And the nice part about our location is that the car is just steps from our door... Which is nice because we've had terrible bus-luck this trip.

I would STRONGLY recommend anyone travelling with a wheelchair in your party request Martinique or pay for Trinidad North because by the time buses get to Aruba there's no room for a guest in a chair. On our arrival night, we watched 3 Disney Springs buses come in too full to get DS's SO on, and each driver assured us the next one would have room. We finally just drove. And we had the same problem trying to get to MK this morning - 35 minutes, three buses, every one of them coming in at least half full and the attendant assuring us that the next one would have room for the chair. Then the times board updated to show the next bus almoat a half hour away and once again we just drove, figuring that with a half hour for the crowds to build at the bus stops again, there would be no chance of getting in that one either.

But other than that, the resort has been lovely. I love having the Freestyle machine in the next building over, and we've spent two afternoons poolside enjoying the sunshine. We declined housekeeping on both rooms for the gift card incentive, but haven't seen/heard the security checks that some have been so upset about and had no problem getting extra shampoo and conditioner for our stay.
How much is the gift card incentive for skipping housekeeping?

Don't know if this is the best place to ask....but here I go. We are scheduled to arrive at CBR on 4-14 for 7 nights. We have never stayed there (usually POFQ or POR) with or without construction. DH wanted to try CBR, since it will be only us and we really don't use the resort for much other than sleeping. Our issue is that I use an ECV. We will have a rental car but with the adult beverages now included in the DDP, some nights we would like to take the bus...we will also always take the bus to the MK, to avoid TTC. What section should we request so that we are at the first bus stop and don't always have the bus show up with other ECVs and wheelchairs already loaded from previous stops. I can see that being a later stop in the morning would make for a very late start. And, since I have to nap in the afternoon, can we avoid construction in this first bus stop section. Thanks in advance.

Don't know if this is the best place to ask....but here I go. We are scheduled to arrive at CBR on 4-14 for 7 nights. We have never stayed there (usually POFQ or POR) with or without construction. DH wanted to try CBR, since it will be only us and we really don't use the resort for much other than sleeping. Our issue is that I use an ECV. We will have a rental car but with the adult beverages now included in the DDP, some nights we would like to take the bus...we will also always take the bus to the MK, to avoid TTC. What section should we request so that we are at the first bus stop and don't always have the bus show up with other ECVs and wheelchairs already loaded from previous stops. I can see that being a later stop in the morning would make for a very late start. And, since I have to nap in the afternoon, can we avoid construction in this first bus stop section. Thanks in advance.

Martinique is the first stop, but it is also the area of the resort most impacted by construction because it is in between the construction on the new tower and the construction on Old Port Royale.

You might want to consider paying for a preferred room to be in Trinidad North. It is the 3rd bus stop, but with half of Martinique demolished and the OPR stop in the middle of a construction zone the first two stops didn't seem very busy when we were there. And it is a bit more insulated from the construction; you'd still be close to the OPR project, but sort of on the back edge of the construction zone rather than in the heart of it like you would be at Martinique.

We got a rate at CBR for mid-November that we just can't pass up... I read the first page but am confused. Will the new quick service food court (Old Port Royale) open this summer or in December with the construction delay?

We got a rate at CBR for mid-November that we just can't pass up... I read the first page but am confused. Will the new quick service food court (Old Port Royale) open this summer or in December with the construction delay?

posted by @dansdad on 1/31/18: @mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December.

Has anyone checking in recently still been part of the group that received gift cards due to construction for booking by that date last spring? We booked in time and received the offer, but then had to delay our trip due to Irma. When I called Guest Services to switch the man told me that my confirmation number had not changed and I would still get the gift cards, but as my trip approaches I'm nervous, lol. Has anyone who booked under the gift card for construction offer recently received them upon arrival?

Last edited:
posted by @dansdad on 1/31/18: @mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December.
So the food tents, trucks and the island markets should still be in place during mid-November then? Now I understand why we got such an amazing rate, around $150 a night. But that's okay. I miss my favorite resort and want to stay there again before I am out-priced. I fear the new dining and shopping options, the Skyliner, the DVC section etc. could make this a more expensive "moderate" resort than POR and POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter