Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just wanted to let everyone know, I just called Disney to add one of the promotions to my reservation. I spoke to a CM named Pasqual. When I asked if I would lose my $75 gift card I was told yes. I asked Pasqual if he was sure about that because I have spoke to other people that changed reservations and they did not lose the gift card. He said he would check with guest relations. When he came back on the line he said I would keep the gift card.

So if you call to make any changes and are told you will lose your gift card tell them to check with guest relations. I saved about $600. I'm still hoping for FD but at least this is better than nothing.

I just wanted to let everyone know, I just called Disney to add one of the promotions to my reservation. I spoke to a CM named Pasqual. When I asked if I would lose my $75 gift card I was told yes. I asked Pasqual if he was sure about that because I have spoke to other people that changed reservations and they did not lose the gift card. He said he would check with guest relations. When he came back on the line he said I would keep the gift card.

So if you call to make any changes and are told you will lose your gift card tell them to check with guest relations. I saved about $600. I'm still hoping for FD but at least this is better than nothing.

Hope you are right, I got the exact opposite response. I called first thing yesterday morning and was transferred to guest services pretty quickly. When i adked about the discount I was told I could have it applied but I would lose everything that I have already received including the gift card deal. I was one of those lucky enough that got the room discount when the construction was first announced. I probably pushed my luck too far.

We are booked at CBR with the standard maw package and I have been trying to switch roomtypes and now also tried to switch to a discounted package . Even though I have a change button and it shows availability, every time I try on my iPad it just goes straight back to what's on my reservation. Am I missing something or could it be an iOS problem ? Anybody experienced the same ?

We are booked at CBR with the standard maw package and I have been trying to switch roomtypes and now also tried to switch to a discounted package . Even though I have a change button and it shows availability, every time I try on my iPad it just goes straight back to what's on my reservation. Am I missing something or could it be an iOS problem ? Anybody experienced the same ?
Nope, just a glitch. Mine does the same thing. Can't be fixed because they can't figure out what the problem is. You'll have to call for changes (that's what I do)

Hope you are right, I got the exact opposite response. I called first thing yesterday morning and was transferred to guest services pretty quickly. When i adked about the discount I was told I could have it applied but I would lose everything that I have already received including the gift card deal. I was one of those lucky enough that got the room discount when the construction was first announced. I probably pushed my luck too far.

I read somewhere last night that someone else changed their package and was able to keep the gift card. I'm sure I'll have to call again for something else and I will ask about it. I did write his name down and the time/date of my call. Not sure if it will help or not.

I was able to apply the room discount at CBR and was told I can keep my $75 a night GC.

I have a room only reservation. Called today and was able to get the summer discount rate and keep the gift card. However, the room category I originally booked wasn't available, so I modified our dates.

Nope, just a glitch. Mine does the same thing. Can't be fixed because they can't figure out what the problem is. You'll have to call for changes (that's what I do)

Ugh ! We are in Germany and if I call it costs me an arm and a leg, you would think in 2017 it is possibly to do these things online :-/! Thank you for your reply!

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm kinda sorta back. Life is finally ironing itself out around here. I just waned to chime in on the losing the $75 gift card questions. I booked a room for one of my clients before the discount came out and while they were still giving the $75 a night credit. When the new discount came out, I called and had it applied to their room but before I did, I confirmed that the change would NOT have any effect on their $75 a night gift card....it did not. So, while some may say that it isn't possible to keep the credit, it definitely is or at least was as of yesterday.

Last edited:
http://www.doctordisney.com/2017/03...lobbies-getting-rid-online-check-queue-lines/

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is one of the few that still have an online check-in line, but it will soon be removed and merged with the regular as well.

No word yet on if this is just a test, but a manager at Caribbean Beach advised this is what all resorts are currently preparing to do and lines will be condensed in the lobbies.

It doesn't do any good. We were on the online check-in line (wanted a map) and the person in front of us were asking all sorts of questions about reservations. Might as well make everything one line.

Just back from 13 nights at Caribbean Beach. I requested Aruba or Jamaica, first floor. I got first floor, but not in Aruba or Jamaica. I got Martinique Room 2201. For anyone that may be going, there is an odd smell in that room. It hits you when you first open the door - but after you are in the room for a bit, you don't smell it anymore. However, when I got home, all of my soveneirs and clothing smelled like the room. I didn't bother calling the front desk because from reading this blog, I realized they might just come and spray air freshener or some other temporary fix. Also, when I found out I was in Martinique, I did request that he try to fit me in at either Aruba or Jamaica, but unless I wanted to move every two or three days from one room to another, there was nothing available for 13 straight nights. Also, I did online check in requesting Aruba or Jamaica and also called ahead of time to confirm these requests. Just my two cents.

What is the earliest check in date that got the emails about receiving gift cards? I check in 4/22 and have the emails with reservation #s. We'll see how it goes.

What is the earliest check in date that got the emails about receiving gift cards? I check in 4/22 and have the emails with reservation #s. We'll see how it goes.

I also check in on 4/22 and received the $75 gift card email with my name and confirmation #. Yup, we'll see how it goes!

We check in on the 19th, and have received the email. I believe that there is someone else on the boards who also checks in the same day who also got the email. I think we are the earliest check in date, but I could be wrong. Fingers crossed for a smooth check in!

I was able to apply a UOC yesterday which entailed changing room types to save a little and my TA confirmed I would not lose the GCs.
:ccat:

I believe it was check ins with stays from May 2017 through June 2018. The email we received did not state when in May the construction was starting.

Does anyone know if the GCs offered when staying at CBR can be used to put a deposit on a BB offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter