Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

What's crazy is on 2/24, actually the day I received the $25/night gift card email, two Cast Members told me that all food amenities would be affected during my stay; I have a 4/22 check in date. Then on 2/28, I received the $75/night gift card email. One of the Cast Members I had been working on 2/24 confirmed with me yet again all food amenities would be affected. And as of yesterday, a new communication has been posted to the CBR reservations page stating that no food amenities will be affected prior to May 1...which is GREAT if it's indeed correct.

The communication around this construction project has been absolutely ridiculous and confusing. And, I think CBR is going to have a hard time not giving guests those $75/night gift cards when it wasn't a generic communication sent to guests like the $25/night offer. IMHO, including the guest's name, confirmation number, dates of stay, and the statement "As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will be receiving a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay upon check-in at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort," it seems they are committed to providing that compensation.

I feel that is correlates more with the check out date than the check in date, we check out on the 29th. I too was assured that nothing would be closed when speaking with a cm when the news first broke. I believe that because we have received the offer, that our stay will be impacted. The closures may not happen until May 1st, but I believe that there will be major prep work going on the week before (even though I was assured there would not be). They cannot shut all of those places ON the 1st without having something in place temporarily, and they won't be able to do that overnight.

I also agree that it will be hard for them to not honor the offer to those who received the email with our reservation number and check in date in the text. The email does not have any information about a date except for my check in date. Only time will tell, and I plan on bringing my printed email and hoping for the best. I think it would be a public relations nightmare if they don't honor it.

I feel that is correlates more with the check out date than the check in date, we check out on the 29th. I too was assured that nothing would be closed when speaking with a cm when the news first broke. I believe that because we have received the offer, that our stay will be impacted. The closures may not happen until May 1st, but I believe that there will be major prep work going on the week before (even though I was assured there would not be). They cannot shut all of those places ON the 1st without having something in place temporarily, and they won't be able to do that overnight.

I also agree that it will be hard for them to not honor the offer to those who received the email with our reservation number and check in date in the text. The email does not have any information about a date except for my check in date. Only time will tell, and I plan on bringing my printed email and hoping for the best. I think it would be a public relations nightmare if they don't honor it.

I agree with you on all fronts! We also check out on the 29th. I hope you have a great stay regardless of what construction there might be!

What's the latest check in date that has received an email? We're in the second week of December and haven't received anything.

I agree with you on all fronts! We also check out on the 29th. I hope you have a great stay regardless of what construction there might be!

It is our first onsite visit, and we are hoping for the best! Construction or no construction, we will be immersed in Mickey :-) I have requested a room away from construction, but I think I am going to change that request to Jamaica. I hope you and your family also have a wonderful vacation.

It is our first onsite visit, and we are hoping for the best! Construction or no construction, we will be immersed in Mickey :-) I have requested a room away from construction, but I think I am going to change that request to Jamaica. I hope you and your family also have a wonderful vacation.

You will love it!! We just returned from our first stay at CBR a couple of weeks ago and everything about the resort was beautiful. Jamaica is an awesome location (we were in Jamaica 45) right at the bridge entrance to Caribbean Cay and OPR. I have also requested Jamaica for our April trip :)

You will love it!! We just returned from our first stay at CBR a couple of weeks ago and everything about the resort was beautiful. Jamaica is an awesome location (we were in Jamaica 45) right at the bridge entrance to Caribbean Cay and OPR. I have also requested Jamaica for our April trip :)
Great to hear:) We are :car: there on Thursday, cannot wait.

We are staying in October. How long will the construction be going on? Will we be offered the $75 gift cards? Also, I booked room only, do I need to call and add tickets to reservation to make it a package?

We check in April 14th and check out April 22. We did not receive any emails, and phone calls to Disney state that we are leaving prior to construction, but we all know that info is unreliable.

I feel that is correlates more with the check out date than the check in date

I think based on the comments this is the key. We check in on 4/19, but out on 4/24. We did receive the $75/night credit so I'm happy either way, but was curious what the determining factor was for the gift card.

My $75/night discount has already been applied to my balance owing, so I highly doubt they would go in to reverse the credit. My email revising the gift cards from $25 to $75/ night is addressed to me with my reservation number and length of stay, so I fully expect to be receiving both offers

I'm confused.. You already got a $75/night discount and you'll also get a $75/night gift card at check in??? I thought Guests only got the check in gift card. Does it say in print on your paperwork that you got a 'discount'? Did they make a mistake?? o_O Did anyone else get this "Pre check in/pre paid in full" discount?? Has anyone lately gotten the extra FP upon check in as well?

I'm confused.. You already got a $75/night discount and you'll also get a $75/night gift card at check in??? I thought Guests only got the check in gift card. Does it say in print on your paperwork that you got a 'discount'? Did they make a mistake?? o_O Did anyone else get this "Pre check in/pre paid in full" discount?? Has anyone lately gotten the extra FP upon check in as well?

When the major construction was first announced a number of people called in to the guest relations and were offered a 75$/night credit applied to their balance owing or paid back. Those same people then received the email stating they would receive a 25$/night GC. They also then got the email stating they would receive a 75$/night GC for each night of their stay.
So yes, some people are getting 75 off their resort per night and an additional 75 a night gift card.

Good morning,

I have a question about pool hours: we are leaving in a few weeks and get to stay at CBR for two nights prior to a cruise. I was wondering what the pool hours are? We'll be quite busy during our stay and won't have much time to spend on the resort. We'll mostly be there between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Are the main pool and jacuzzi going to be closed during that time? What about the Quiet pools?

In 2015 we were booked at CBR and moved to CSR for free dining. This May, we were booked at CSR and moved to CBR after the gift card offer was announced. :) We booked a water view pirate room, since my kiddos have always wanted to stay in the pirate rooms. Any CBR lovers have any building preference for pirate rooms?

When the major construction was first announced a number of people called in to the guest relations and were offered a 75$/night credit applied to their balance owing or paid back. Those same people then received the email stating they would receive a 25$/night GC. They also then got the email stating they would receive a 75$/night GC for each night of their stay.
So yes, some people are getting 75 off their resort per night and an additional 75 a night gift card.
This is 100% correct.

I called in to guest services as soon as the extent of closures was announced. I was refused being moved to another MOD resort for the same price as I was paying at CBR, but provided the $75/night discount which was automatically applied to my balance owing, so I decided to stay as I did not want to pay extra to move to another resort.

A day or so later I received a generic email with $25 gift card per night being provided, and then a few days after that received the email offering $75 gift card per night. The latest email was directly addressed to me with my reservation number and check in date, so I fully expect to receive both discounts, especially now since I paid off my room only balance already and everyone checking in early May is supposed to be provided the gift cards on check in.

Last edited:
Glad you got some Pixie dust love!! That is super! Thanks for the explanation.

Thank you halssister and Sharon.
I'm traveling in August so I'll be in the thick of it all!
Is "Centertown" the same building that used to be called Old Port Royal or did they create a temporary building for this breakfast buffet and grab and go?
Despite my ignorance on this refurb this will be my 3rd stay at CBR. I just didn't start paying attention to the details until last night.
I know it will get easier to figure out in May when we get first hand reports.
I'm just hoping the feature pool stays open throughout the summer.

I believe the main pool will be open.

Last edited:
Good morning,

I have a question about pool hours: we are leaving in a few weeks and get to stay at CBR for two nights prior to a cruise. I was wondering what the pool hours are? We'll be quite busy during our stay and won't have much time to spend on the resort. We'll mostly be there between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Are the main pool and jacuzzi going to be closed during that time? What about the Quiet pools?

Right now the pool hours are 9AM-9PM. In about 2 weeks that will change to 8AM-10PM.

Officially the leisure pools have the same hours as the Main Feature pool. But if you're not making a ton of noise the CMs usually will look the other way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter