Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

And for all you potentially dehydrated Disers (and other guests), there will be a "bar trailer" in the parking lot next to the air conditioned food tent. On the pool side I would imagine. I'll be there next week, and will try to learn more.

Did I miss something? What is the source of the info on tents being used for food in the parking lot?

Well hopefully this year is better. Two years ago we had the bridge out and we moved to boardwalk for the trouble (yeah deluxe is nice but I didn't enjoy the only QS breakfast out in the humidity of the boardwalk). Last year Hurricane Matthew locked me in my room and cancelled a day at the parks and MNSSHP for me. This year my beloved old port royal is closed for reimagining

Luckily they moved us to POFQ for our October trip with no change in price paid

Did I miss something? What is the source of the info on tents being used for food in the parking lot?
I have been wondering the same thing. The only "official" word I have seen was what is posted on the Caribbean Beach website stating there would be food options at the resort villages, but nothing about what those options would be. I have not received my coveted email from WDW telling me what the situation is, so maybe the info is in there. (???) Then again, maybe those sharing this info are more in the know than the rest of us. :)

Following along as we are booked here for 11/25 - 12/2 .. it will be my hubs first time at a Mod

We got a 2 bedroom villa. We had 5+baby in one room and then a party of 2 traveling with us was combined into the room with us.

I'm hoping they will allow us to move to a 2 br too. We have 3+ baby in one room and 2 adults in a second room currently. Although each party would fit separately into the studio's, it would make more sense to put us in a 2 br given that the 2 br is actually cheaper than the cost of 2 studios.

Thanks for letting us know about the free dining!

We're staying there in August and have just been offered a $75 gift card per room, per night . We've got 2 rooms for 14 nights so $2100 of 'free' spends !!!

This whole Disney planning vacation has been the worst experience ever! we are Disney Cruisers, where we are treated like royalty. I have spent so many countless hours on the phone with incompetent employees that I don't know how Disney even calls themselves the Most Magical Place on earth... The day after I paid my Disney trip off, I get the email about the the refurbishments... Which affected our vacation directly, because we were paying for preferred rooms to be close to the food court, etc. Tuesday, I call for maybe the 5th time, and I decide to transfer my reservation to Saratoga Springs for an additional $600. Not that I wanted to spend that, or I would have booked there in the first place. Then I pay that off, and I see where Chip and Co. announces free upgrades. So I call back today, and there is once again.... NOTHING they can do except move me to a cheaper resort... Ughhhh....

This whole Disney planning vacation has been the worst experience ever! we are Disney Cruisers, where we are treated like royalty. I have spent so many countless hours on the phone with incompetent employees that I don't know how Disney even calls themselves the Most Magical Place on earth... The day after I paid my Disney trip off, I get the email about the the refurbishments... Which affected our vacation directly, because we were paying for preferred rooms to be close to the food court, etc. Tuesday, I call for maybe the 5th time, and I decide to transfer my reservation to Saratoga Springs for an additional $600. Not that I wanted to spend that, or I would have booked there in the first place. Then I pay that off, and I see where Chip and Co. announces free upgrades. So I call back today, and there is once again.... NOTHING they can do except move me to a cheaper resort... Ughhhh....
That is so unfair. You shouldn't have to pay more if others are getting the upgrade for free. I know it's a hassle, but call back and let them know that others were moved to SS without having to pay any extra, and you want that extra $600 credited to you. I would be polite, but very firm. Ask to speak to a manager if the first person isn't helpful.
I love Disney world, but I am very disappointed on how they handled this situation. This refurbishment was not a surprise. They should have had a plan of action set in place. Some people moving resorts and paying the difference, some getting to move for no change in price, some getting $75 off per night if staying at CB and still getting the $75 gift card. Some only getting the gift card.
It ridiculous that a company like Disney has handled things so poorly.
I have a feeling that if and when free dining is announced, there will issues with that too. Some people who moved resorts at discounted rate will probably still get to take advantage of the FD promotion without changing the room back to rack rate, while others will get told that they are only eligible for the promotion if the room is at rack rate. Hopefully all the CM's will be on the same page. Somehow, it seems like they never are.
Anyway, my point is, call Disney back. You shouldn't have to, but it's only fair that everyone is treated the same. You deserve to be treated fairly. We all do

I have tried 3x to get the upgrade to Saratoga Springs to no avail. The number in the party has to be just right for it to work... Otherwise, there is nothing available and offer is "subject to availability".

A few minutes ago I just received another "Thank you for booking at WDW Resort" email for our stay at CBR with today as the booking date. I booked our stay 3+weeks ago and did not make any changes to our reservation. The confirmation number is the same as well as our deposit amount received in both emails. The only thing that I noticed that is different between the first booking email and the one I just received tonight are letters & numbers under "Important Notes." Has anyone else received another booking email? Is it normal to receive more than one?

Any ideas what the "Caribbean" breakfast buffet will cost? It is nice that they will have a hot breakfast option but I wonder if that is a way to recoup some of the 75 dollar credit we're receiving when I know I would only get a breakfast sandwich or platter that runs in the neighborhood of 11 when a buffet might be in the 20's if you go on the low end and compare it to Trail's end.

We're off to Caribbean Beach today! :tigger:The weather doesn't look as warm and as sunny as I would like for lounging in the pool, but as my husband points out, it will be PERFECT for walking around the parks! Can't wait to see CBR for the very first time! Thanks everyone for the helpful info on this thread! :tink:

Any ideas what the "Caribbean" breakfast buffet will cost? It is nice that they will have a hot breakfast option but I wonder if that is a way to recoup some of the 75 dollar credit we're receiving when I know I would only get a breakfast sandwich or platter that runs in the neighborhood of 11 when a buffet might be in the 20's if you go on the low end and compare it to Trail's end.
I just upgraded to CBR last night (from ASMu) I've skimmed some pages, but don't really know what you are talking about. Do you have a link or copy of additional information please?

We're off to Caribbean Beach today! :tigger:The weather doesn't look as warm and as sunny as I would like for lounging in the pool, but as my husband points out, it will be PERFECT for walking around the parks! Can't wait to see CBR for the very first time! Thanks everyone for the helpful info on this thread! :tink:
Have a great time! We will be arriving at CBR late Thursday:car::banana:

I did too...although the only thing I see under "Important Notes" is the reminder about booking your ADRs in advance. I don't see anything else.

I will advise anyone who moved resorts, to keep an eye on your reservation in the My Disney Experience. My Mom's room was switched too and the next day, her entire reservation disappeared. It took many hours of working it out to get everything back in properly. The CM said that the system had "automatically deleted" her reservation because she didn't make her deposit. However, she had made her deposit a few months back when she originally booked at CBR and they could see that she had the credit. Very strange and a complete pita to get it all worked out. Such a time suckage...

Have a happy day folks!

I just upgraded to CBR last night (from ASMu) I've skimmed some pages, but don't really know what you are talking about. Do you have a link or copy of additional information please?

I believe they were talking about the breakfast buffet that is going to be served since the food court will be closed. If you look at the CBR page on the WDW website, under the refurbishments details, it says the following:

In an effort to make future visits even more magical, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is being reimagined!

Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is undergoing refurbishments, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM daily. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause.

Pool Closure
The Trinidad South Village Pool will be unavailable for your enjoyment until mid-March 2017. During this time, you can make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or any of our 5 other leisure pools.

Dining & Marketplace Closures
Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be closed for refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post.

During this time, there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and à la carte offerings for dinner. A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in 3 new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. Our in-room dining will remain available. Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings. Dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit disneygiftcard.com.

To learn more about refurbishments taking place at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, please call (407) 939-1822. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

This won't be happening til may when the refurbishment starts. Have a fantastic time!

Thank you halssister and Sharon.
I'm traveling in August so I'll be in the thick of it all!
Is "Centertown" the same building that used to be called Old Port Royal or did they create a temporary building for this breakfast buffet and grab and go?
Despite my ignorance on this refurb this will be my 3rd stay at CBR. I just didn't start paying attention to the details until last night.
I know it will get easier to figure out in May when we get first hand reports.
I'm just hoping the feature pool stays open throughout the summer.

Thank you halssister and Sharon.
I'm traveling in August so I'll be in the thick of it all!
Is "Centertown" the same building that used to be called Old Port Royal or did they create a temporary building for this breakfast buffet and grab and go?
Despite my ignorance on this refurb this will be my 3rd stay at CBR. I just didn't start paying attention to the details until last night.
I know it will get easier to figure out in May when we get first hand reports.
I'm just hoping the feature pool stays open throughout the summer.
The pool is not suppose to be involved according to what I have read. Centertown is the same place. I can't wait to read reports in may. We aren't there til September. Only 2 days and no kids so I don't expect it to impact us much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter