Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I can never remember - how do you guys recommend handling room requests? I spoke with the phone CM about my requests when I made the reservation months ago, and she recommended calling them in again at 2 weeks out from arrival. I believe she said they start working on room assignments 10 days out? But I've also heard of people faxing in requests. Any preference?

I can never remember - how do you guys recommend handling room requests? I spoke with the phone CM about my requests when I made the reservation months ago, and she recommended calling them in again at 2 weeks out from arrival. I believe she said they start working on room assignments 10 days out? But I've also heard of people faxing in requests. Any preference?

The preferred method is to call and add them to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. They start working on assigning rooms 2-3 days out. I always add ours when I make the reservation (I always book via the phone).

The preferred method is to call and add them to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. They start working on assigning rooms 2-3 days out. I always add ours when I make the reservation (I always book via the phone).

Thank you! I'd prefer to call anyways - who uses fax lines anymore? :P But I couldn't remember if there was any difference in how that info got relayed to the resort, etc. I did add my preferences at booking, but she acted like it was a good idea to call them in again about 2 weeks out. Maybe just to make sure they are in there. I'm sure it was a "better safe than sorry" type suggestion.

Thank you! I'd prefer to call anyways - who uses fax lines anymore? :P But I couldn't remember if there was any difference in how that info got relayed to the resort, etc. I did add my preferences at booking, but she acted like it was a good idea to call them in again about 2 weeks out. Maybe just to make sure they are in there. I'm sure it was a "better safe than sorry" type suggestion.

You're welcome! :thumbsup2

From talking to a couple room assigners in the past, they prefer requests that are phoned in because they are included with the reservation details such as room type booked, length of stay, etc. Faxed requests can get lost or misplaced since they are separate.

Yes, it's always good to call and verify. I always call about 10-14 days to verify. I give the CM my reservation number then ask them to read back to me any room requests on my reservation. This way you will know for sure if they are there and they are correct.

Ahhhh, bummer. Does the main pool and village pools close at 9:00 also? I'll be there in a month, and planned for a couple dips in the pool after visiting the parks, so long as the weather is relatively nice.

Agree. We will be there in two months and I really like the hot tub/pool option after the parks. 9pm is ridiculously early.

Could you please post the phone number to call when calling in your room requests. Will be there in 58 days:) Thanks.

Agree. We will be there in two months and I really like the hot tub/pool option after the parks. 9pm is ridiculously early.
Complain about it, or mention it. This is obviously to save a few dollars on life guards. Incredibly greedy and short sighted. Having no access to the pool after parks close at 8 is ridiculous. This may push me off site. I'd save a bunch as well. Mk closes tonight at 11, it's a long weekend. Pool still off limits at 9.

Is it really possible that all rooms (except Pirate) are already sold out for the last 2 weeks in October?? I'm seeing no availability online.
I was looking for late September but only for 2 days. It says only king and pirate available but if I change it to a week including my dates every category is available. I am thinking they want longer stays booked first.

I was looking for late September but only for 2 days. It says only king and pirate available but if I change it to a week including my dates every category is available. I am thinking they want longer stays booked first.
I had no trouble trying to book one night a few days ago when we thought about changing our arrival night room only res from Sports to CBR.

Hi everyone - we are staying there in a little over 2 months. We have stayed at a lot of the onsite hotels but this will be our first at CBR. This thread has been great.

We are thinking about signing my 7yr old up for the Pirate Cruise. Has anyone signed up for it. It looks like something she would love. Did you just hang out at the pool until they were done?

Universal closes theirs at 10PM, so not a big difference but still better then 9PM. I think 10PM is a really good time, the % of people using the pool after that would not make any sense to keep it open.

Universal closes theirs at 10PM, so not a big difference but still better then 9PM. I think 10PM is a really good time, the % of people using the pool after that would not make any sense to keep it open.

But if you look at any videos of CBR pools it says the pool hours are 9am to 11pm on the gates. I am guessing they changed that?

But if you look at any videos of CBR pools it says the pool hours are 9am to 11pm on the gates. I am guessing they changed that?
You are right, I now remember seeing 11PM:) I do know (I believe) since the fences that the pool hours have become seasonal. I do not see why since their occupancy rates are always high and the few times the weather is on the cold side they could just close earlier on those days.

When I looked online before I made my reservation it was showing no availability for second week in November. I shortened it by a day and it was available then. When I called in they said the last night I had wanted to stay was completely booked. I went ahead and made the reservation minus the last night then called back 3 days later and the last night had become available. I added it to my existing reservation with no problem.

What are they paying life guards? 15 an hour max. Open it until midnight. This is disney not holiday express.

Our family is scheduled too stay here for the first time. He will be in a chair since he can't walk too much each day. I will be in a scooter because I have thrown some ligaments in an ankle and will be only a month post op. Are the accessible rooms bigger than regular rooms so he will have enough room for the 4 of us and the two chairs?

Hi. I'm booked in a standard room standard view. In looking at the map would I be able to request Martinique 22? Somewhere I saw that was not a preferred? What I'm looking for is to be close to the food court/pool, but not a preferred room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter