Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Joining in this thread - we just changed our resort to CBR for a January 7-13 trip we have booked....71 days!!! :) Love this thread - very informative! Thanks so much for those responsible for putting it together.

A couple of questions as I've never stayed at CBR:

We are driving, not flying, and will probably arrive sometime between 4-5pm. If we get a text notification of our room location and we do online check-in, is there any need to stop by the custom house, or can we go directly to our room?

Are the coffee makers in the rooms standard coffee makers or keurig-type coffee makers that require k-cups or pods?

Thanks so much!

Joining in this thread - we just changed our resort to CBR for a January 7-13 trip we have booked....71 days!!! :) Love this thread - very informative! Thanks so much for those responsible for putting it together.

A couple of questions as I've never stayed at CBR:

We are driving, not flying, and will probably arrive sometime between 4-5pm. If we get a text notification of our room location and we do online check-in, is there any need to stop by the custom house, or can we go directly to our room?

Are the coffee makers in the rooms standard coffee makers or keurig-type coffee makers that require k-cups or pods?

Thanks so much!
No need to stop at CH, but we like to say hello to everyone there, and get any goodies that they are giving away.

And coffee pots are by Cuisinart... They are similar to Keurig (making single cups) but instead of K-cups, they use a small individual coffee pod made by Joffrey's. that are round and similar in appearance to a tea bag. The coffee is really quite good, but I am not fond of Florida water, so I always use bottled water to make my coffee. The Mousekeepers are very generous if you need extra pods, just leave a nice note!

No need to stop at CH, but we like to say hello to everyone there, and get any goodies that they are giving away.

And coffee pots are by Cuisinart... They are similar to Keurig (making single cups) but instead of K-cups, they use a small individual coffee pod made by Joffrey's. that are round and similar in appearance to a tea bag. The coffee is really quite good, but I am not fond of Florida water, so I always use bottled water to make my coffee. The Mousekeepers are very generous if you need extra pods, just leave a nice note!

Thank you!!!

Hi all. does anyone have info on the air con controls please? I like the room cool &afresh and I know @Coronado you can override it. Tips or help appreciated. Thank you

Just booked our 7th trip to CBR for May 13-20, 2017. Booked a King room as it was the only option available with AP discount for that time. Hoping to get Trinidad North 2nd Fl....also asked for water view, but just happy to be going back. Does anyone have a link to the Beach Bum Roll Call list? Never mind, found the link.

Last edited:

I am lost! Should I do the online check in? I tried to call in and they told me I can only call in my request 3 days before? It worries me waiting. I need to have the same building as my mom but my only other request would be close to transportation and food.

Please help!

I am lost! Should I do the online check in? I tried to call in and they told me I can only call in my request 3 days before? It worries me waiting. I need to have the same building as my mom but my only other request would be close to transportation and food.

Please help!
Are you travelling together?
I would fax in my request 5 days in advance, making it a priority that you be near your Mom...
Call 3 days in advance and (very politely) ask if they have received your request and confirming what is the most important part of your request. (again I'm assuming Mom)
At check-in, if you are travelling and arrive together, request that you be near each other. If you are checking in different days, different times, then whoever checks in first, remind the staff that you would really like to be in the same building.
The only way you are "close to food", is if you have reserved a preferred room near OPR. Otherwise the closest are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51, across the bridge from OPR.

Call them again. I called my request in at 40 days. Room assignments start at 3 days out. You want your request in before then

Please help!
You should have a screen in your MDE that gives you 2 options in room selection, then I also call a CM to add more. Never had an issue with my reservations. Heck, the way I look at it...a bad day at WDW is better than a good day at work. :-):goofy:

Please help!

Call again. The CM is wrong. I called in 2 months prior to have a few questions answered, some minor issues straightened out and then told the CM I needed 1st floor due to health issues and wanted Jamaica. Checked in on my phone with the Disney app, got a text message around 11am of arrival day. Had to go to customs building because I rode magic express but did not go inside. Got a ride with luggage to my room which was just as I asked for.

Are you travelling together?
I would fax in my request 5 days in advance, making it a priority that you be near your Mom...
Call 3 days in advance and (very politely) ask if they have received your request and confirming what is the most important part of your request. (again I'm assuming Mom)
At check-in, if you are travelling and arrive together, request that you be near each other. If you are checking in different days, different times, then whoever checks in first, remind the staff that you would really like to be in the same building.
The only way you are "close to food", is if you have reserved a preferred room near OPR. Otherwise the closest are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51, across the bridge from OPR.

By chance do you have the fax number? Do i just write a nice letter requesting what I would like? We are travelling together.

You should have a screen in your MDE that gives you 2 options in room selection, then I also call a CM to add more. Never had an issue with my reservations. Heck, the way I look at it...a bad day at WDW is better than a good day at work. :-):goofy:

So true!!

Call again. The CM is wrong. I called in 2 months prior to have a few questions answered, some minor issues straightened out and then told the CM I needed 1st floor due to health issues and wanted Jamaica. Checked in on my phone with the Disney app, got a text message around 11am of arrival day. Had to go to customs building because I rode magic express but did not go inside. Got a ride with luggage to my room which was just as I asked for.

I will be calling at my lunch. I hope I am not too late...

Please help!

I'd call again. By 3 days out your room may already be assigned. I've never had an issue adding a request at the time of booking or any number of days ahead. I'm guessing it may have just been a CM who didn't know.

I can't believe in 10 days we will be at our first ever stay at CBR!

Does anyone know if they suppye covers for the disposable cups in the room? I may want to bring coffee with me while I walk but would prefer it covered.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter