Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I forgot to mention that I was worried about getting our luggage to custom house on checkout day. I noticed a couple getting on the internal resort bus with their large suitcases so I decided to try it and they didn't say a word when we got on with one larger and one smaller suitcase. Another family had a lot of suitcases and nothing was mentioned to them either. I know I could have called bell service to transport us and did that many years ago but it was easy to get into the shuttle bus. Also we enjoyed walking back to our Martinique room from there before hitting the parks. Also it wasn't a bad walk to custom house from the main pool.

Hi, have booked for sept 17 for my 25th wedding anniversary. Wondered if there is any way to check if any large groups, conventions or sports teams confirmed as staying there!

Hi, have booked for sept 17 for my 25th wedding anniversary. Wondered if there is any way to check if any large groups, conventions or sports teams confirmed as staying there!

CBR is not a convention resort, so you're good there. From checking the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex calendar there are no tournaments, so you're good there too. Now big groups, there's no way to know. Enjoy your stay! CBR is fantastic.

CBR is not a convention resort, so you're good there. From checking the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex calendar there are no tournaments, so you're good there too. Now big groups, there's no way to know. Enjoy your stay! CBR is fantastic.
Thank you for your help. I am really looking forward as not stayed there since 9/11

The only time we go to the Custom House is check-in and check-out.
We are driving. Do we have to go to the custom house if we do online check in? My plan is to park at the resort, but go straight to the parks and wait for our text of our rooms being ready.
When we get back to CBR after the MVMCP, we should just be able to go straight to the room texted to us.. and we can take our own luggage. Am I correct in my assumptions.

We are driving. Do we have to go to the custom house if we do online check in? My plan is to park at the resort, but go straight to the parks and wait for our text of our rooms being ready.
When we get back to CBR after the MVMCP, we should just be able to go straight to the room texted to us.. and we can take our own luggage. Am I correct in my assumptions.

If you have your Magic Bands you'll be able to go straight to the parks but you may or may not get your room number texted to you. It's a possibility you'll have to stop by the Custom House to get your room number.

I was looking forward to hearing about your trip because I had been following your posts and enjoying the excitement level rising day by day. I really wanted everything to be magical for your family and your "sweet mama" and I'm so glad that it was. She certainly got a lot of pixie dust sprinkled on her and I'm sure she enjoyed and deserved every bit.

Rude nasty people are rude and nasty wherever they are, you have to feel sad for people like that. Who could be happy being and rude and nasty in the "happiest place on earth"?

If you have any photos you'd like to share, I'd love to see them.

Sending warm wishes from the UK xx
:mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

you are too sweet! And you are so right! Pray for those people that can't be happy I am in the process of loading our memory maker and I will get some posted as soon as I can

I forgot to mention that I was worried about getting our luggage to custom house on checkout day. I noticed a couple getting on the internal resort bus with their large suitcases so I decided to try it and they didn't say a word when we got on with one larger and one smaller suitcase. Another family had a lot of suitcases and nothing was mentioned to them either. I know I could have called bell service to transport us and did that many years ago but it was easy to get into the shuttle bus. Also we enjoyed walking back to our Martinique room from there before hitting the parks. Also it wasn't a bad walk to custom house from the main pool.

Yes, I was worried about that too.
We actually called bell service the night before we checked out. We packed our bags and they picked up our bags the next morning at 6:20. Since we checked our own luggage in, we didn't have to even go up to Customs house with bell service. We went on to our PPO reservation and came back to CH for our luggage when our ME bus had us scheduled for pick up at 4:10. Worked great!

I saw a lot of people getting on the internal bus with large suitcases during my two week stay last month. The bus drivers never said a word to any of them. I ended up walking my suitcases to custom house because we had six large suitcases (for 7 people), so it was just easier for a few of us to lug them down. The walk wasn't bad at all (from Jamaica 44). I'm glad to see that the drivers are allowing people to use the internal bus for this though, since CBR is so large, it's really helpful.

Just returned home Saturday from a wonderful trip. We stayed in Martinique room 2306 that had a pull down bed and connected to room 2305. I had requested ground floor, close to transportation on my online check-in. I also listed Martinique as a third request on my fax - got all three. Busses did seem to run a little slow at times (both coming and going) but it was really hit or miss. We ate at the food court 4 times and enjoyed it each time. My husband and daughter enjoyed the quiet pool and she especially liked the main pool. It was neat being able to see fireworks by both pools. Mousekeeping was okay - we did get towel animals a couple days which was nice. Overall we liked the resort but chose to book our bounceback at Coronado Springs for next August - we've stayed there twice before. I wouldn't have any hesitation staying at CBR in the future, though.

Going in February I made my dining reservations on the first day I was able to. Yesterday I was playing around on my phone on the disney app and looked at my dining reservations. On my initial day there seemed to be only three times and they weren't very good. I had sci-fi diner at 1:30 for lunch. The options were 1:30, 1:45 or 2. Went back yesterday to see if I could change and there were a lot of options. I changed it to 11:30. In fact I changed everyone of my times except for BOG. I liked the time I already had it reserved for. All of them that I changed had lots of times to choose from. So if you have made reservations and aren't happy with times go back and see if there are better times now on your days.

Going in February I made my dining reservations on the first day I was able to. Yesterday I was playing around on my phone on the disney app and looked at my dining reservations. On my initial day there seemed to be only three times and they weren't very good. I had sci-fi diner at 1:30 for lunch. The options were 1:30, 1:45 or 2. Went back yesterday to see if I could change and there were a lot of options. I changed it to 11:30. In fact I changed everyone of my times except for BOG. I liked the time I already had it reserved for. All of them that I changed had lots of times to choose from. So if you have made reservations and aren't happy with times go back and see if there are better times now on your days.

Another great time to check is near the 30 day mark...since you have to pay in full by then, it can be a good time to see openings as the result of cancellations.

Hey everybody! I never post but have been lurking on the boards for years. We just booked a last minute 15 year anniversary trip Nov 5-9 at CBR. I was so excited when I made the reservation...I've been to Disney loads of times (last 2 times were this past June and last December) but this is only the second time we'll be staying on site. Last time was at CSR in 2011. Anyway, to the point of my post, I'm nervous now! Been reading a lot of reviews about moldy, smoky smelling rooms. Is this a big problem? Is it in certain buildings? It almost has me wanting to change resorts, but I really don't want to. I like the price point and the theme of the resort. Advice?

Hey everybody! I never post but have been lurking on the boards for years. We just booked a last minute 15 year anniversary trip Nov 5-9 at CBR. I was so excited when I made the reservation...I've been to Disney loads of times (last 2 times were this past June and last December) but this is only the second time we'll be staying on site. Last time was at CSR in 2011. Anyway, to the point of my post, I'm nervous now! Been reading a lot of reviews about moldy, smoky smelling rooms. Is this a big problem? Is it in certain buildings? It almost has me wanting to change resorts, but I really don't want to. I like the price point and the theme of the resort. Advice?

As you can see by my signature, I have stayed at CBR 10 times...staying #11 next April. I have never had a situation like that. I love the theming and love the size. Does not feel crowded at all. And November is a great time to go. Kids are in school and the resort and parks will be more quiet. Enjoy.

For the tried and true CBR fans, this will come as no surprise. But, I'm so thankful that I had to share right away...We check in 2 days from now :cloud9: It's our 1st stay at CBR, 3rd family Disney trip. While we already have June of next year booked for CBR (FD BB offer from our Aug Pop stay), I was contemplating another Value or off property again for 2018 (bc I'm cheap & Disney is expensive lol). Due to wonderful recommendations from this board, I asked our TA to submit a building request for us. We're booked Standard. Well, 1st she gets awesome kudos bc she followed up her call with an email to the resort GM. The thankfulness I want to share is about his efforts (and trust me, I want to shake his hand while there then email Disney about him when home).

He took the time during this hurricane prep to not just email my TA back, but pick up the phone & call her! He's arranged our building we requested, and an upgrade! Even apologized he couldn't give us a better upgrade. We're not presumptuous enough to even expect a Standard request to be honored, much less extra pixie dust. And it's truly not just the pixie dust we're thankful for. Bc it can't happen often, and maybe never. We'd be thankful for his time & effort even if capacity couldn't honor our request, especially if it couldn't honor a pixie dust upgrade...

It highlights the sweet people that work for Disney. Bc it was him personally, not just "Disney". So often on this board we hear of how Disney service has declined. I wanted you guys to know they still have amazing sweet people, especially at this resort. I can tell you now before stepping foot on the resort property, it's our Disney "home" from now on. Knowing sweet people run the place sealed the deal! :love:

As you can see by my signature, I have stayed at CBR 10 times...staying #11 next April. I have never had a situation like that. I love the theming and love the size. Does not feel crowded at all. And November is a great time to go. Kids are in school and the resort and parks will be more quiet. Enjoy.
Thank you, that makes me feel a lot better :)

Thank you for your help. I am really looking forward as not stayed there since 9/11
I'm glad to see that you got what you needed when I sent you here. I knew it would work out for you. I tried to reply back to you on fbook but, the post was gone. Btw...Congrats on your 25th Wedding Anniversary!! party: You are going to have a blast!

Just to add to what @Kevin355 already said, we too have had probably 10 stays at CBR and have never had a room smell bad. Not saying it never happens, but it is rare and people do tend to post a negative experience much more often than a good one. CBR is a large resort and there are probably rooms that go unoccupied for weeks maybe. If there's an issue in the room with say a dirty AC air filter, it probably won't be noticed until guests are given that room. Just want you to know that bad smelling rooms is not a chronic issue at CBR, or any WDW resort for that matter.

CBR is a fantastic resort and ever since our first stay we haven't been able to stay anywhere else. I hope you have a Magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter