• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We will heading to CBR 12/12! It's our first time staying there and we are super excited! When Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland dates were released for December I decided to add a day to the front of our trip. I booked the room through Orbitz and I've already linked it on MDE. I booked the same category (preferred) that our package is. Any reason we wouldn't be able to stay in the same room? I want to avoid the packing up and transferring of bags since we'll need to be at MK so early. I originally had booked Pop for the one night and changed it to CBR to try to avoid needing to transfer.

:drinking1Can anyone tell me if Caffeine Free Diet Coke is currently available at the food court? They have it at POR, but I know Coke Zero has replaced the caffeine free at some of the resorts. Thanks!

:drinking1Can anyone tell me if Caffeine Free Diet Coke is currently available at the food court? They have it at POR, but I know Coke Zero has replaced the caffeine free at some of the resorts. Thanks!

I don't know if Zero replaced it, but CBR had Zero when I was there mid Sept

just returned from a stay at CBR checked in Sunday 9/25 checked out 10/1. Was in Martinique 2224: first floor, corner room, no murphy bed, connecting room. No musty smell. Barbados pool has not been fenced in yet. Mousekeeping was hit & miss. First thing I noticed when we got into our room, was a Mickey head sticker on the sliding door by the bathroom area, apparently the people before us left it there, Mousekeeping left it there, so did we...We didn't get any toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc) the second night (Monday) through the fourth night (Thursday) then when the room was cleaned on Friday they didn't leave us any washrags....:confused3. I don't know how often they changed the sheets, one night I pulled down the blankets and found a kleenex from that morning in the bed. We arrived on Sunday 9/25 around 10:30 am, room wasn't ready (I didn't expect it to be) were told that we would be in Martinique building 22 but couldn't tell us the room number since it wasn't ready. So we went over to Downtown Disney (sorry can't call it Disney Springs..lol) received my text at 1:47 pm that our room was ready. Booked a water view room and requested ground floor. I asked at check in if a room with a murphy bed was available so DS 24 and DS 13 wouldn't have to share. They placed a call to someone and said that they didn't have any available...no biggie...at least we got a ground floor room, that was more important to us. We had our own car and drove to the parks everyday, however, there were 2 nights that DH and DS 24 rode Disney transport back to the hotel because DS 13 and I went back to the room early. Had one issue with my MagicBand entering Epcot on the second day. There was a cast member stationed right there, she took my picture and reset my band and I didn't have any other issues the rest of the week. I think the trouble was my fault anyway, I think I was using the wrong finger for the scan...

Well, we are back from celebrating my sweet mama and her first trip to Disney World.
Our vacation was amazing and every moment was magical in so many ways. There were some things that were frustrating but nothing that could have ever tarnished our vacation.

My daughter had made us matching t-shirt for every day of our trip and we were stopped by tons of people commenting on them and talking to my mom which made her feel like a million bucks!
Eventhough our room that we first were assigned didn't work since it was a second floor room and mom can't do stairs, that was quickly resolved by a super sweet CM which was our first sprinkle of pixie dust.
We were sprinkled even more by the many wonderful CM's. We were given FP's multiple times throughout our trip and one manager stopped to talk to my mom and gave us vouchers for each of us to pick out a picture frame of our choice anywhere in the parks to be able to frame our trip. She also gave us vouchers for mickey bars and popcorn. On our last day we had a prepark opening at CRT, the HS bus came first and as the bus driver stops the bus he asked us where we were going. We responded MK for our CRT reservation. He jumps out of the bus and says "Well a beautiful princess can't go to the Castle without her royal jewels" and he pulls out a ring and a necklace from his pocket and puts it on her hand and around her neck and kissed her hand and says "now off in your royal chariot my lady". It was such a precious moment for her.
Our meals consisted of TH breakfast, 50's PT, LTT, WCC, Ohana, BOG & CRT and every single meal was amazing and every one of our servers (with the exception of WCC) were great!

We did experience some hateful people on our trip on the buses. People that felt they were owed something and felt they were more important than others and deserved a seat. We witnessed several men and young adults that would sit and not stand to let older guests or woman holding infants have their seats which I think is horrible. We rode on a bus yesterday with a family that mouthed the entire way from DS back to CBR because they tried to jump in line (8 or 9 of them) to get on the bus in front of everyone that had been waiting and the driver wouldn't allow it. They still got to all sit but they had to go to the back of the bus but we had to listen to their mouths the entire trip which seemed like an eternity.

The dual bus routes were being used throughout our trip and the only time we ever saw the other side of the resort is when we were coming back from DS yesterday and we had to go to the Customs house to be dropped off since it came in at Martinique and drove the entire route before getting to CH.
On our bus route it was Jamaica>Aruba>Barbados>out and the other side was Martinique>Trinidad N>Trinidad S>out. There was no trouble getting a seat going to any park or DS, only coming home.

The one thing that we had trouble with were the buses. They were not consistent at all and even though we would get to the bus stop 75 minutes if we had a ressie and 60 minutes for RD, the times would consistently move back on the board and then all of a sudden 2 would come for the same park. We never missed a reservation but we did miss RD and coming back from the parks/DS they were even worse, we would leave 45-60 min before park close so we didn't have to fight the crowds and there was not one evening that we did not have to wait at least 30 minutes for a bus to come. Other resorts had 3-4 buses to 1 at CBR and we had to call CBR twice after waiting 40 minutes with a bus stop full of guests. We only saw 1 accordion bus, all the rest were just regular buses. The accordion buses would work so much better, at least on the way back from the parks.

We were in Jamaica 4520. It did have the murphy bed and connected to 4519. It was close to the bridge and a little winding distance to the bus stop (but it probably felt further pushing a wheelchair and exhausted at night). If I had to do my requests over again, I would ask to be closest to any bus stop. We only visited OPR 3 times during our stay and the bus stops multiple times per day.

Our room was nice, beds were comfy, mousekeeping was hit or miss and with the new coverings over the air conditioning units it doesn't get cool in the room even on 68. We brought 2 portable fans that helped a little but we called the front desk and they sent someone over quickly to remove the cover over the air conditioner and turned the temp down to 65. Still never got to 65 but it was better. We requested more pillows and they were there in 15 minutes.
Back to the murphy bed, I know this is another topic that has been discussed multiple times. We were 5 grown ladies ranging in all different sizes from 6 (my sweet mama) to 20. I am right in the middle (size 16-5'8" and 185 lbs) so not small and a little fluffy. I slept on the murphy bed every night with no problem at all. It was actually very comfy.

The weather was HOT, muggy and it rained a little every day. Nothing that sent us home and nothing that stopped us from having a great time.

Overall our trip was amazing and I wouldn't change a thing. I did book the bounce back but there was no availability at CBR during the December time frame so next year we will be Coronado Springs, just me and hubby for a change (unless one of the grands talk us in to letting them come along)!

If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask, ask away!

We noticed CBR bus service was poor leaving at park close too. Our line was the longest I could see every night. Never had the articulated bus - didn't even know they went to CBR. In the morning the busses split the resort and only went to half but in afternoon they picked up the whole resort and they kept coming full to our stop in Martinique. I finally had to stand with my Walker at the front of the bus because I don't think one that wasn't packed would ever show up.
We had spotty housekeeping too. They didn't provide any coffee so I called and housekeeping promptly brought an ample supply of coffee and cream/sugar/napkin packages and cups that lasted the rest of my stay. We did get towels and shampoo/conditioner/soap though. Our room was clean which is most important. They only change sheets every 3 or 4 days (forget which). Although my daughter always manages to spill something on hers so they usually get changed daily.

This may have been asked before but I am having trouble finding an answer. Just wondering what building we should ask for (preferred is ok) if we want to be close to the feature pool and the Port Royal Centre. Are there any rooms that face the feature pool. I have seen sights where they mention "quiet pools" for a lot of the buildings but we were looking to be close to the pool with the waterslide. Thanks

This may have been asked before but I am having trouble finding an answer. Just wondering what building we should ask for (preferred is ok) if we want to be close to the feature pool and the Port Royal Centre. Are there any rooms that face the feature pool. I have seen sights where they mention "quiet pools" for a lot of the buildings but we were looking to be close to the pool with the waterslide. Thanks

What room type did you book? The answer will change depending on what you booked.

Just got back and stayed in Barbados 1440. Corner room second floor no Murphy bed and non connecting. Like being far away it was very quiet at night. Buses were no better or worse than POR. I was a little disappointed in the food court the burger was nasty, omelets were good bounty platter sucked. Enjoyed my stay and would stay again, but it's very spread out and why couldn't they put the custom house and food court together. One thing I would like to mention is between 630 and 730 ( could be a little off on time) they pull out a large pin trading board in the store. My kids enjoyed stumbling on it on night.

I did not see caffeine free diet coke last weekend. I'm pregnant so I'm always looking for caffeine free options! I drank a lot of blue powerade on this trip :-)

Just got back and stayed in Barbados 1440. Corner room second floor no Murphy bed and non connecting. Like being far away it was very quiet at night. Buses were no better or worse than POR. I was a little disappointed in the food court the burger was nasty, omelets were good bounty platter sucked. Enjoyed my stay and would stay again, but it's very spread out and why couldn't they put the custom house and food court together. One thing I would like to mention is between 630 and 730 ( could be a little off on time) they pull out a large pin trading board in the store. My kids enjoyed stumbling on it on night.

It's funny but one of the things we like about CBR is the fact that the Custom House is separate from OPR. It really keeps the craziness down at OPR. All other resorts that have check in/out co-located with the Food Court, Arcade, Gift Shop, etc are absolutely nuts.

It's funny but one of the things we like about CBR is the fact that the Custom House is separate from OPR. It really keeps the craziness down at OPR. All other resorts that have check in/out co-located with the Food Court, Arcade, Gift Shop, etc are absolutely nuts.
I agree. I think it is better to have them separated due to the fact that it limits the traffic in both areas. And OPR does have a concierge desk. The only time we go to the Custom House is check-in and check-out. Can you imagine the traffic if everything was in one place and people arriving to and leaving from the custom house and OPR were in the same place?

I haven't booked yet, wondering what building I should request?

If you book preferred, you will automatically in one of the buildings closest to the Main Feature Pool and OPR (food court, arcade, gift shop, etc)
If you book King or Water View I would request Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26
If you book Standard I would request Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 or 23

Just booked a preferred room at CBR for early March 2017!!! This will be our first stay at a Moderate resort. What should i know about CBR???? Any tips?

Just booked a preferred room at CBR for early March 2017!!! This will be our first stay at a Moderate resort. What should i know about CBR???? Any tips?

Just about everything you need to know is on the first 2 pages of this thread.

Well, we are back from celebrating my sweet mama and her first trip to Disney World.
Our vacation was amazing and every moment was magical in so many ways. There were some things that were frustrating but nothing that could have ever tarnished our vacation.

My daughter had made us matching t-shirt for every day of our trip and we were stopped by tons of people commenting on them and talking to my mom which made her feel like a million bucks!
Eventhough our room that we first were assigned didn't work since it was a second floor room and mom can't do stairs, that was quickly resolved by a super sweet CM which was our first sprinkle of pixie dust.
We were sprinkled even more by the many wonderful CM's. We were given FP's multiple times throughout our trip and one manager stopped to talk to my mom and gave us vouchers for each of us to pick out a picture frame of our choice anywhere in the parks to be able to frame our trip. She also gave us vouchers for mickey bars and popcorn. On our last day we had a prepark opening at CRT, the HS bus came first and as the bus driver stops the bus he asked us where we were going. We responded MK for our CRT reservation. He jumps out of the bus and says "Well a beautiful princess can't go to the Castle without her royal jewels" and he pulls out a ring and a necklace from his pocket and puts it on her hand and around her neck and kissed her hand and says "now off in your royal chariot my lady". It was such a precious moment for her.
Our meals consisted of TH breakfast, 50's PT, LTT, WCC, Ohana, BOG & CRT and every single meal was amazing and every one of our servers (with the exception of WCC) were great!

We did experience some hateful people on our trip on the buses. People that felt they were owed something and felt they were more important than others and deserved a seat. We witnessed several men and young adults that would sit and not stand to let older guests or woman holding infants have their seats which I think is horrible. We rode on a bus yesterday with a family that mouthed the entire way from DS back to CBR because they tried to jump in line (8 or 9 of them) to get on the bus in front of everyone that had been waiting and the driver wouldn't allow it. They still got to all sit but they had to go to the back of the bus but we had to listen to their mouths the entire trip which seemed like an eternity.

The dual bus routes were being used throughout our trip and the only time we ever saw the other side of the resort is when we were coming back from DS yesterday and we had to go to the Customs house to be dropped off since it came in at Martinique and drove the entire route before getting to CH.
On our bus route it was Jamaica>Aruba>Barbados>out and the other side was Martinique>Trinidad N>Trinidad S>out. There was no trouble getting a seat going to any park or DS, only coming home.

The one thing that we had trouble with were the buses. They were not consistent at all and even though we would get to the bus stop 75 minutes if we had a ressie and 60 minutes for RD, the times would consistently move back on the board and then all of a sudden 2 would come for the same park. We never missed a reservation but we did miss RD and coming back from the parks/DS they were even worse, we would leave 45-60 min before park close so we didn't have to fight the crowds and there was not one evening that we did not have to wait at least 30 minutes for a bus to come. Other resorts had 3-4 buses to 1 at CBR and we had to call CBR twice after waiting 40 minutes with a bus stop full of guests. We only saw 1 accordion bus, all the rest were just regular buses. The accordion buses would work so much better, at least on the way back from the parks.

We were in Jamaica 4520. It did have the murphy bed and connected to 4519. It was close to the bridge and a little winding distance to the bus stop (but it probably felt further pushing a wheelchair and exhausted at night). If I had to do my requests over again, I would ask to be closest to any bus stop. We only visited OPR 3 times during our stay and the bus stops multiple times per day.

Our room was nice, beds were comfy, mousekeeping was hit or miss and with the new coverings over the air conditioning units it doesn't get cool in the room even on 68. We brought 2 portable fans that helped a little but we called the front desk and they sent someone over quickly to remove the cover over the air conditioner and turned the temp down to 65. Still never got to 65 but it was better. We requested more pillows and they were there in 15 minutes.
Back to the murphy bed, I know this is another topic that has been discussed multiple times. We were 5 grown ladies ranging in all different sizes from 6 (my sweet mama) to 20. I am right in the middle (size 16-5'8" and 185 lbs) so not small and a little fluffy. I slept on the murphy bed every night with no problem at all. It was actually very comfy.

The weather was HOT, muggy and it rained a little every day. Nothing that sent us home and nothing that stopped us from having a great time.

Overall our trip was amazing and I wouldn't change a thing. I did book the bounce back but there was no availability at CBR during the December time frame so next year we will be Coronado Springs, just me and hubby for a change (unless one of the grands talk us in to letting them come along)!

If anyone has any questions they would like me to ask, ask away!

I was looking forward to hearing about your trip because I had been following your posts and enjoying the excitement level rising day by day. I really wanted everything to be magical for your family and your "sweet mama" and I'm so glad that it was. She certainly got a lot of pixie dust sprinkled on her and I'm sure she enjoyed and deserved every bit.

Rude nasty people are rude and nasty wherever they are, you have to feel sad for people like that. Who could be happy being and rude and nasty in the "happiest place on earth"?

If you have any photos you'd like to share, I'd love to see them.

Sending warm wishes from the UK xx
:mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter