• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My TA added Jamaica and Martinique to our rez a long while back. We are booked for adjoining Water View rooms. Is Martinique and Jamaica our best choices for Water View or should I have our TA book note it differently?
Depends on what you are wanting. Are you wanting to be close to OPR??? If so, Martinique 25 or Trinidad North 31 with a waterview would get you closest to OPR. Some of the buildings in Jamaica can be further from OPR. Maybe add Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51.

Thanks. Seems weird then that someone could pay for waterview which is cheaper, and get "preferred" location.
We've paid for King the last 4 times, which is cheaper than preferred, and have been in preferred with a King...although there is no class at CBR called preferred King.

Thanks. Seems weird then that someone could pay for waterview which is cheaper, and get "preferred" location.
But you wouldn't be guaranteed to be in the preferred buildings - you could also end up in Barbados or something. With preferred booking, you know you will be close to OPR/pool. And since the only way to see the water is by opening up windows for all to see in the room or standing outside, the view is not that important IMO.

But you wouldn't be guaranteed to be in the preferred buildings - you could also end up in Barbados or something. With preferred booking, you know you will be close to OPR/pool. And since the only way to see the water is by opening up windows for all to see in the room or standing outside, the view is not that important IMO.
True - We have booked waterview a couple of time (because it was the only thing available) and have never been in preferred, so as they say always book what you actually want (or in my case what they have available)! :D

We arrive next Thursday and have waterview again, so we shall see where we land!

True - We have booked waterview a couple of time (because it was the only thing available) and have never been in preferred, so as they say always book what you actually want (or in my case what they have available)! :D

We arrive next Thursday and have waterview again, so we shall see where we land!

We arrive next Thursday to a preferred room. We are only staying 3 nights - by far our shortest stay ever.

Is there a way to make sure we get a room with Murphy bed? We are a family of five. Are they only in certain areas of the resort?

Is there a way to make sure we get a room with Murphy bed? We are a family of five. Are they only in certain areas of the resort?
If you have 5 registered, you will get a murphy bed. :)

This was one of my questions too :goodvibes
And from what I understand, as Elliemay2 responded, if we are a party of 5, we are garaunteed a room with a murphy bed. The murphy bed rooms are located ALL over the resort. There is no complete list of all the murphy beds BUT I have been collecting them from DISboard friends that have posted a murphy bed room throughout the CBR resort threads (and some other blogsites) and added them to the amazing list that @mickeystoontown started on the first post of this thread.
Since a few more have been added, over the past week or so, I am going to include the most recent list that we have.(this is NOT a complete list but it is an ongoing project :thumbsup2) Please remember to tag me @SPOERLX3 if you have a room to add:

Trinidad North

Aruba

5121 (connected to 5122)
5122 (connected to 5121)

Jamaica

4405 (corner room & connected to 4406)
4406 (connected to 4405)
4443 (connected to 4444)
4530 (connected to 4529)
4627 (accessible room)

Martinique

2240 (corner room)
2311 (connected to 2312)
2463 (connected to 2464)
2464 (corner room & connected to 2463)
2637 (connected to 2638)

Barbados

1245 (connected to 1246)
1246 (connected to 1245)

We are getting ready for trip next week, and this is first time I did online check in,
we have Pirate theme room, so not many choices on building.
But I do want to call and request to have out group in same building and hopefully close, we have about 5 rooms.
Do I all the regular Disney 1800 number or specifically all Caribbean Beach?

We are getting ready for trip next week, and this is first time I did online check in,
we have Pirate theme room, so not many choices on building.
But I do want to call and request to have out group in same building and hopefully close, we have about 5 rooms.
Do I all the regular Disney 1800 number or specifically all Caribbean Beach?

There is no way to call any WDW resort directly. Just call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation.

In order to get them noted before the reservations get sent to the room assigners, make sure you call at least 5 days before you arrive.

There is no way to call any WDW resort directly. Just call the main reservation line and add any requests to your reservation.

In order to get them noted before the reservations get sent to the room assigners, make sure you call at least 5 days before you arrive.

Thanks so much, I am calling now!

I hope this doesn't sound silly but are the alligators a problem on the beaches? I know they put up rocks and does that discourage the alligators or just the people from going in the water? Also do you see any alligators just by the paths around the resort? There is a lot of water there.

I hope this doesn't sound silly but are the alligators a problem on the beaches? I know they put up rocks and does that discourage the alligators or just the people from going in the water? Also do you see any alligators just by the paths around the resort? There is a lot of water there.

I've been here one week right now (and several times in the past) and never seen an alligator. The rocks and fence are to discourage people from going in the water. I'm sure there are gators around but just stay on paths and you'll be fine.

I've got it added! Thank you so much for helping!
No problem! We were so happy to find one there. Also, just throwing this out there--Mousekeeping was incredible. Betty took care of our Room for most of our Stay and did such a great job. She'd find a Tip from us every day and would always thank us for it.
:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter