• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Do you have any recommended locations for a preferred room? I will going with my family for the first time to Disney next week, just trying to get the best possible room location/view.

Also, do you suggest we call and make this choice vs the online check in choose two options?

Thanks in advance.

I know that your question wasn't intended for me but I thought I would share what I have learned here on the CBR disboard. If you have a request, such as ground floor or top floor, away from smoking areas or close to smoking area's, murphy bed, etc then I would definitely call and have it added. Depending on your requests, if they are on the on line check in list, I would make sure you add them there as well. As dansdad mentioned in an earlier post, there are bus stops in every village so "close to transportation" could be a waste of a request. Personally, I don't think you could do wrong with any of the preferred rooms. The great thing about preferred is that you will be closest to Old Porte Royal food court and the main pool!
I'm sure you have seen this map (below) that shows the buildings and Martinique building 25/26 or Trinidad North 31 are going to get you the very closest but also remember that any of the rooms along the walking path closest to the lake will probably be considered water view rooms. If your goal is to be the very closest, then definitely add those buildings to your reservation. Good luck on getting the perfect room and don't forget to come back and share! We are updating the murphy bed list so come back and let us know if you have one in your room! tag me @SPOERLX3 :goodvibes
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

Do you have any recommended locations for a preferred room?

We like 2nd floor and a corner room. We like the view when you walk out your door when on the 2nd floor. The corner rooms have an extra window and the extra natural light makes the room feel even bigger.

I will going with my family for the first time to Disney next week, just trying to get the best possible room location/view.

Preferred rooms will either have a view of the courtyard or will face the parking lot. So I would request courtyard view.

Also, do you suggest we call and make this choice vs the online check in choose two options?

I always suggest calling. Some, if not all, of the above requests I mentioned are not available during Online Check In. When you call your requests in you can request exactly what you want and are not limited to the predetermined options during Online Check In. You can call these in any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Preferred rooms will either have a view of the courtyard or will face the parking lot. So I would request courtyard view.

We booked our bouncebook for next August. The only bookable category was Preferred, which appears to be the most expensive category. We wouldn't have a chance to get lakeview rooms? I assumed since there are rooms in the Preferred buildings that face the lake, they would be up for grabs under the Preferred category lol?

Looking for some advice. I am going to Disney for my bday in Oct. My boyfriend has never been to disney so wanted to get a decent room without breaking the bank. I have it narrowed down to CBR or french quarter? We will be spending more time at Disney Springs at night, so liked the idea of the boat, but don't like the shared busing to everywhere else. Not sure how big a deal that is though. Any thoughts?

CBR is our favorite Moderate and POFQ is our least favorite. POFQ is nice, but it is definitely below POR and CBR. We feel POFQ is just too small and that makes it feel crowded in our opinion. When we are not in the parks we really enjoy the very laid back relaxed atmosphere of CBR. We found no discernible difference in the busses at either. We just feel the overall vibe of CBR is much nicer than POFQ.

We have been at CBR during Free Dining and also over Christmas when the resort is at capacity and it never feels like it. And at those times we have had great bus service. There can be bus issues at any resort at any time, but we have just had great luck at CBR. And we've had over 55 nights total at CBR.

We booked our bouncebook for next August. The only bookable category was Preferred, which appears to be the most expensive category. We wouldn't have a chance to get lakeview rooms? I assumed since there are rooms in the Preferred buildings that face the lake, they would be up for grabs under the Preferred category lol?

No, rooms are either Water View, Preferred or King (other than the Pirate Themed Rooms). Those rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26 that face the lake or pool are classified as Water View. The rooms that have King beds in those buildings are classified as King rooms. So if you book a Water View or a King room you can request any of these buildings and have your room right next to a Preferred room.

Buildings aren't classified as preferred, only rooms are.

No, rooms are either Water View, Preferred or King (other than the Pirate Themed Rooms). Those rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 and 26 that face the lake or pool are classified as Water View. The rooms that have King beds in those buildings are classified as King rooms. So if you book a Water View or a King room you can request any of these buildings and have your room right next to a Preferred room.

Buildings aren't classified as preferred, only rooms are.

Thanks. Seems weird then that someone could pay for waterview which is cheaper, and get "preferred" location.

I had asked a few post back about getting to PPO reservations and the consensus for travel time was 1-1.5 hours to get there on time, just to allow plenty of time. I was also wondering if you have you checked your on line check in room requests on disneyworld.com recently? The reason I ask, a couple of weeks and a few pages back some were talking that Martinique is now the only village on the "on-line" check in list and thier choice of Jamaica was now gone from their room location request. I went into mine to check and sure enough, all my room requests were gone and when I went to add ground floor room back as my only request, Jamaica was gone as an option. I was just wondering if everyone was effected or just a select few.

Have a great trip! 1 week for us :jumping1:
Same for me, but i hope this change was cause our request were already made and it was less than 30 days out.

I had asked a few post back about getting to PPO reservations and the consensus for travel time was 1-1.5 hours to get there on time, just to allow plenty of time. I was also wondering if you have you checked your on line check in room requests on disneyworld.com recently? The reason I ask, a couple of weeks and a few pages back some were talking that Martinique is now the only village on the "on-line" check in list and thier choice of Jamaica was now gone from their room location request. I went into mine to check and sure enough, all my room requests were gone and when I went to add ground floor room back as my only request, Jamaica was gone as an option. I was just wondering if everyone was effected or just a select few.

Have a great trip! 1 week for us :jumping1:

Being so OCD, I submitted my online check in requests at our 60 day mark. At that time, Jamaica was a choice. I chose that, and a generic close to transportation. I just checked the Update Online Check In tab Annnddddd, my Jamaica request is gone!!! Only close to transportation is left! I'm thankful for the advice to call in reservations. Disney wouldn't let me bc I'm going through my TA friend, but she's calling for me. Why did they take Jamaica away!?! And even though a request, which I know is not guaranteed at all; why no email notification it was taken away from the people who online checked in when it was?!? NOT very nice Disney!!!

Being so OCD, I submitted my online check in requests at our 60 day mark. At that time, Jamaica was a choice. I chose that, and a generic close to transportation. I just checked the Update Online Check In tab Annnddddd, my Jamaica request is gone!!! Only close to transportation is left! I'm thankful for the advice to call in reservations. Disney wouldn't let me bc I'm going through my TA friend, but she's calling for me. Why did they take Jamaica away!?! And even though a request, which I know is not guaranteed at all; why no email notification it was taken away from the people who online checked in when it was?!? NOT very nice Disney!!!

I don't know why they did it. They changed the options during Online Check In about a month and a half ago and added about 20 options, most of which made no sense. I think, and have no inside information, that it caused so much confusion that the took most of them away. Disney's IT people have never truly been on the same page as other Disney Departments so that disconnect doesn't help.

This, and many others, are the reasons why we have always skipped the Room Request Section of Online Check In and call in our requests.

So what were your choices for online check in? We are in a preferred room in December.

The options were:

Adjoining Rooms
Corner Room
Martinique Village
Ground Floor
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Near Transportation
Water View
King Sized Bed

We arrive this Saturday at CBR! So excited! Can someone tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I'd like to bring extra coffee for convenience sake. Thanks!

We arrive this Saturday at CBR! So excited! Can someone tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the room? I'd like to bring extra coffee for convenience sake. Thanks!

It takes these little pillow like round pods of coffee. Basically maybe 2ish inches across that is round filters sealed all the way around the edges with coffee in the middle. I have heard these are available to purchase but have never seen them in a store. The coffee maker dispenses it into a cup. You can't bring your own coffee unless you find these pods.

FYI, I just did online check in and courtyard view is no longer an option. I have a preferred room.

That's why I skip the room request section altogether during Online Check In and phone them in.

The options were:

Adjoining Rooms
Corner Room
Martinique Village
Ground Floor
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Near Transportation
Water View
King Sized Bed

Some of these make zero sense. There are no elevators. There's only 2 floors so what's the difference between lower floor and ground floor? And King bed rooms are a separate bookable category, not something you can request.

Some of these make zero sense. There are no elevators. There's only 2 floors so what's the difference between lower floor and ground floor? And King bed rooms are a separate bookable category, not something you can request.

Exactly! That's why I skipped it too. If they are going to give the option for online room requests, you would think they could at least offer reasonable choices.

My TA added Jamaica and Martinique to our rez a long while back. We are booked for adjoining Water View rooms. Is Martinique and Jamaica our best choices for Water View or should I have our TA book note it differently?

The options were:

Adjoining Rooms
Corner Room
Martinique Village
Ground Floor
Upper Floor
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Near Transportation
Water View
King Sized Bed

Yes! some that make no sense at all! Only Martinique??, "ground floor" and "lower floor" when there are only 2 floors? "king sized bed" or "water view" when those are only available through booking that category and my favorite "near elevator" when CBR has NO elevators. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter