Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just checked out of 4630, Jamaica, this morning.
Room had a Murphy and was also connecting.

Buses were decent. We were generally the first stop going both ways. Easily made our 3 PPO reservations. I think the longest we waited was 30 minutes for our last Epcot bus on Friday. Hollywood studios was the quickest and most often seen for us.

We liked the atmosphere. Daughter loved the splash area and the pool slides. We even had to do some beach time.

The walk to port royale was a bit long, mostly just on late nights though, otherwise it was cool to cruise down and back. I do wish the mugs were a bit bigger than 16oz just to have more water in the room.

Enjoyed the location and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Last edited:
Planning a trip for 2017 and are looking at CBR. The trip will be me, my wife and our two daughters (Ages 6 and 4). This will be our fourth trip to Disney but our first stay at CBR. What would be some good advice for me in choosing a room type and location? I am looking to be close to the pirate themed pool and close to the food court. Any advice is welcomed and much appreciated. Thank you.

Just checked out of 4630, Jamaica, this morning.
Room had a Murphy and was also connecting.

Buses were decent. We were generally the first stop going both ways. Easily made our 3 PPO reservations. I think the longest we waited was 30 minutes for our last Epcot bus on Friday. Hollywood studios was the quickest and most often seen for us.

We liked the atmosphere. Daughter loved the splash area and the pool slides. We even had to do some beach time.

The walk to port royale was a bit long, mostly just on late nights though, otherwise it was cool to cruise down and back. I do wish the mugs were a bit bigger than 16oz just to have more water in the room.

Enjoyed the location and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
We have a couple of PPO ressies and would love to know what time you were at the bus stop to insure you got there in time. We will have my 82 yr old mama with us this trip and we want to make sure we allow plenty of time without missing the bus :goodvibes

Planning a trip for 2017 and are looking at CBR. The trip will be me, my wife and our two daughters (Ages 6 and 4). This will be our fourth trip to Disney but our first stay at CBR. What would be some good advice for me in choosing a room type and location? I am looking to be close to the pirate themed pool and close to the food court. Any advice is welcomed and much appreciated. Thank you.
the preferred rooms are in the 3 buildings on each side of Old Porte Royale(main pool and food court). Those are buildings 24, 25 & 26 in Martinique and all 3 buildings in Trinidad Borth. Booking preferred would garauntee a room in one of those 6 buildings. If you look at the first post on Pg 1 of this thread there is a map that may help you get a visual :thumbsup2

We will be there Dec 10th-16th, last time we were there at the end of May and there were storms every afternoon, typically are there still rain/thunderstorms in December? They were always super quick but we aren't sure whether we should bring ponchos or not.

We will be there Dec 10th-16th, last time we were there at the end of May and there were storms every afternoon, typically are there still rain/thunderstorms in December? They were always super quick but we aren't sure whether we should bring ponchos or not.
No. Weather should be a little cooler and the weather less turbulent as well.

We had two
We have a couple of PPO ressies and would love to know what time you were at the bus stop to insure you got there in time. We will have my 82 yr old mama with us this trip and we want to make sure we allow plenty of time without missing the bus :goodvibes

I'm not the person you tagged, but we had two PPO breakfasts-both in MK. One was BOG at 810 (9am open). We got to the bus station at about 7:00. It was our first day so I wasn't sure what to expect for the busses, the drive over, security, or the entrance situation (it was also an EMM day). I wanted to be toward the front of the pack too so we could stop for some Photopass pics. So, we waited about 5 minutes for a bus, got there, got through security, got through the turnstiles, waited a bit for them to let us in, got two main street pics, and got back to BOG by 810. We didn't NEED all that time but I was thankful for it with all the unknowns (for us).

The second one was also at MK (Crystal Palace) at 815 (9am open, EMM day). This was our third day so I felt we had a little better handle on things. We got to the bus stop at 7:15, waited maybe 2 minutes for a bus, and got to MK and in and to our reservation by about 8:00.

Just got here to POR, and I'm missing CBR!! It was booked so we had to try a new resort. While something new is always an adventure, and I'm sure we'll have a good time, I already know why CBR is my fave..... I'm missing the music, the grounds, and all the tropical colors!!! So if anyone's reading and trying to decide between the two, my vote is still CBR! :love:

Those are our dates too!! We were there in December last year and it didn't rain once.

We moved to our rooms for our package yesterday. The process was smooth. We called bell services and they picked up our bags. We went to Animal Kingdom. We got the text our room was ready and when we came back in the afternoon went right to our new room. Bell services promptly delivered our luggage when we called. It went very smooth. So far we are enjoying CBR.

Room 4444 does not have a Murphy bed. It connects to 4443 which does have a Murphy bed. Neither is a corner room, they are on the second floor. I love the location.

Hi, we have just booked CBR for August 2017 from the UK but given a few things we have read want to check we have made the right choice. We had a choice between Coronado Springs and CBR and chose CBR as we had already stayed at Coronado and wanted to try something different. Can anyone advise which of the two is best for a 12 and 10 year old? Also we have booked a preferred room as our travel agent told us that the resort was so big it was essential and also the rooms have pull down beds (we had a rollaway at CSR). Is that the case? Finally our biggest concern is the buses. When we were at CSR we used buses all the time and they were really efficient, but have read some comments that at CBR the wait times and journey times are much longer - is that the case.

Sorry for lots of questions but only have a short period if we want to change our mind. Thanks for any help!

We had two

I'm not the person you tagged, but we had two PPO breakfasts-both in MK. One was BOG at 810 (9am open). We got to the bus station at about 7:00. It was our first day so I wasn't sure what to expect for the busses, the drive over, security, or the entrance situation (it was also an EMM day). I wanted to be toward the front of the pack too so we could stop for some Photopass pics. So, we waited about 5 minutes for a bus, got there, got through security, got through the turnstiles, waited a bit for them to let us in, got two main street pics, and got back to BOG by 810. We didn't NEED all that time but I was thankful for it with all the unknowns (for us).

The second one was also at MK (Crystal Palace) at 815 (9am open, EMM day). This was our third day so I felt we had a little better handle on things. We got to the bus stop at 7:15, waited maybe 2 minutes for a bus, and got to MK and in and to our reservation by about 8:00.
Thank you @Calee for the great details! That is exactly what I was needing!

We moved to our rooms for our package yesterday. The process was smooth. We called bell services and they picked up our bags. We went to Animal Kingdom. We got the text our room was ready and when we came back in the afternoon went right to our new room. Bell services promptly delivered our luggage when we called. It went very smooth. So far we are enjoying CBR.

I'm curious. Did you have a package booked and then add on a day to the front of your trip? If so, did you book the same room category for both?

This is what I did. I had my package booked and then found better/cheaper flights if I went a day earlier. I booked a room-only in the same category and was hoping we wouldn't have to change rooms. Did you have to go to the front desk to check out/check in again? TIA!

I'm curious. Did you have a package booked and then add on a day to the front of your trip? If so, did you book the same room category for both?

This is what I did. I had my package booked and then found better/cheaper flights if I went a day earlier. I booked a room-only in the same category and was hoping we wouldn't have to change rooms. Did you have to go to the front desk to check out/check in again? TIA!
I'm not the person you tagged but I did exactly the same thing your asking my last trip. If you book the same room category they will "make every attempt" not to make you move rooms. I called Disney before we left to add this to my room requests and I even stopped at the hotel front desk on my check in day and she told me that I would not have to move. She said they rarely have to move people when they add an additional day or two. Of course, you may have to but a bit more flexible with your other room request.

No end of November/early December is our favorite time to go. We just got back and was painfully reminded why I keep saying no more September, but those deals keep sucking me back in. We just booked bounceback for next December 8-17. It's cool, and the last 2 December trips, we never saw an ounce of rain. Will need jackets, not so much ponchos. I always underestimate how cool it gets when the sun goes down, which is like 5:00 in December. When we lived there I always said I wish the entire year was like November and December.

Just got here to POR, and I'm missing CBR!! It was booked so we had to try a new resort. While something new is always an adventure, and I'm sure we'll have a good time, I already know why CBR is my fave..... I'm missing the music, the grounds, and all the tropical colors!!! So if anyone's reading and trying to decide between the two, my vote is still CBR! :love:
I just did the same at the POLY!! we were booked again at CBR and switched when we got a great deal at poly. It was my dream resort and we found ourselves wishing we wouldn't have switched. I walked into captain cooks and was wishing I had that huge selection at OPR and the fun activities at dinner time. Had to hike to the 1 laundry room, lugging my dirty clothes and pop up hamper through the great ceremonial house packed with people. While the monorail was super convienient, all the other parks were so far- I swear we were on the bus for a half hour to Disney springs after also picking up GF people too. I booked bounceback at CBR next year. It's still my favorite.

I just did the same at the POLY!! we were booked again at CBR and switched when we got a great deal at poly. It was my dream resort and we found ourselves wishing we wouldn't have switched. I walked into captain cooks and was wishing I had that huge selection at OPR and the fun activities at dinner time. Had to hike to the 1 laundry room, lugging my dirty clothes and pop up hamper through the great ceremonial house packed with people. While the monorail was super convienient, all the other parks were so far- I swear we were on the bus for a half hour to Disney springs after also picking up GF people too. I booked bounceback at CBR next year. It's still my favorite.

Tell me more about the fun dinner activities, please :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter