• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ease my mind about Pop Warner. Their website has a start date of 12/3. We check out on 12/4. I've read both horror stories and comments where people barely noticed them. I'm not sure if a start date of 12/3 means they check-in that day - or if they check-in the day before to start activities on 12/3. I think I could handle one night, especially since we're leaving and won't be headed to a park all day - but two nights is concerning. My toddler is a very light sleeper, but I know moving resorts would be a huge pain at this point as there is very little left.

Ease my mind about Pop Warner. Their website has a start date of 12/3. We check out on 12/4. I've read both horror stories and comments where people barely noticed them. I'm not sure if a start date of 12/3 means they check-in that day - or if they check-in the day before to start activities on 12/3. I think I could handle one night, especially since we're leaving and won't be headed to a park all day - but two nights is concerning. My toddler is a very light sleeper, but I know moving resorts would be a huge pain at this point as there is very little left.

The vast majority of them will be at All Star Sports with a few being at CBR and CSR. We have been at All Star Sports 3 times during Pop Warner week and never had any issues. If it wasn't for seeing some of the Teams gathering together in uniform to get on the bus to Wide World of Sports we would have never known it was Pop Warner week.

We have also been at CBR once during Pop Warner and never noticed a single player or any shenanigans. Now that does not mean people haven't run across an unruly group of them, but that can happen any time. Not just during Pop Warner.

Their packages start on December 3rd so that is when most will be checking in.

We had issues last year. I have a review somewhere in here from December. I'm on my phone so I can't find it.

We just returned from a great vacation. We were in room 2133 which was a corner room with the day bed. Not the greatest room- almost in Barbados, longer walk than we were used to, but room was clean and there weren't any "smell issues". We requested Martinique, 2nd floor and that's exactly what we got!

EEK my trip is sooo close :tigger::tigger: Thanks by the way for the updated calendar. I was hoping we'd be able to join a campfire, but all our ADRs lucked out to be early ( :) ) but they overlap with the campfire times ( :( )

A couple quick thoughts/questions I've realized.

1) I swear somewhere in the piles of paperwork/emails I've received since booking (FD package) there was a note that we receive a free round of mini golf. Where are the mini golf courses from the resort and can we use the buses to get there?
2) I see in the Old Port Royale pics there is a line of toasters. We have a grocery order being delivered and it is mostly our breakfast foods. Is it okay to use those toasters for our bagels if we did not purchase there? Hubby wants to bring our toaster from home this time and I'd rather just walk over and toast them while I get coffees. The idea of 20hours of bread crumbs rolling in the van has me cringing.
3) Is there grab and go sushi in Old Port Royale? My littlest is determined to eat sushi on the trip, but not sure we will make it to the places that have it in parks so wondering if I can just get the grocery store style packs from the food court?

Last edited:
We had issues last year. I have a review somewhere in here from December. I'm on my phone so I can't find it.

I found your review, and that's exactly what I'm worried about! But, it sound like they won't be checking in until Saturday, so we only have one night with overlap.

The vast majority of them will be at All Star Sports with a few being at CBR and CSR. We have been at All Star Sports 3 times during Pop Warner week and never had any issues. If it wasn't for seeing some of the Teams gathering together in uniform to get on the bus to Wide World of Sports we would have never known it was Pop Warner week.

We have also been at CBR once during Pop Warner and never noticed a single player or any shenanigans. Now that does not mean people haven't run across an unruly group of them, but that can happen any time. Not just during Pop Warner.

Their packages start on December 3rd so that is when most will be checking in.

Thanks for this! Glad to know we might only see them one night. We're spending all day the 3rd at Universal, and our flight is at 9am the next morning. So we hopefully won't have issues.

Has anyone used the Valet Laundry service? Do you have pricing? Thoughts?
I know there are laundry facilities on site, but I'm thinking it'll be easier for us to use the valet service if it's not too expensive.

We were there the 5-11th. It seemed like a lot were checking in then and over the next few days.

Just booked a last minute trip for Labor Day weekend, our first time at CBR, and after reading the first first few pages of this thread I've learned so much!!! Thank you for all the great photos and info!!

Wondering if the pool activities are on a set schedule, specifically the tie dying? Would love to do this if it's offered a day of the week we are there.

TIA!

Yes the Activities are at set times. You can check out the August Calendar below for an idea. You'll see that the Mickey Tie Dye is Sun, Tues, Thurs and Fri from 4:30-5:30.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/CBR-Calendar.pdf

Has anyone noticed if the activities (not the movies) schedule remains fairly consistent from month-month? Or, if the next month's schedule becomes available a day or two before the first of the month? Our problem is our stay spans the last couple of day of Aug and the first few of September and the day we are likely to spend an afternoon at the resort is September 1st (a Thursday). My wife & daughter also want to do the tie-dye (we got "rained out" last year the day we were hanging around the resort and intending to do it) . And in August, on Thursdays, it's offered. Our luck, on Sept 1 when the September scheduled is released, it won't be offered on Thursday's.

Has anyone noticed if the activities (not the movies) schedule remains fairly consistent from month-month? Or, if the next month's schedule becomes available a day or two before the first of the month? Our problem is our stay spans the last couple of day of Aug and the first few of September and the day we are likely to spend an afternoon at the resort is September 1st (a Thursday). My wife & daughter also want to do the tie-dye (we got "rained out" last year the day we were hanging around the resort and intending to do it) . And in August, on Thursdays, it's offered. Our luck, on Sept 1 when the September scheduled is released, it won't be offered on Thursday's.
I found 2 other months and the tie dye was the same schedule. We were at port Orleans during a change over and it was a few days before the new one was available. I'm hoping when I check in on the 31st that September will be available.

2) I see in the Old Port Royale pics there is a line of toasters. We have a grocery order being delivered and it is mostly our breakfast foods. Is it okay to use those toasters for our bagels if we did not purchase there? Hubby wants to bring our toaster from home this time and I'd rather just walk over and toast them while I get coffees. The idea of 20hours of bread crumbs rolling in the van has me cringing.
3) Is there grab and go sushi in Old Port Royale? My littlest is determined to eat sushi on the trip, but not sure we will make it to the places that have it in parks so wondering if I can just get the grocery store style packs from the food court?

2. Yes you can use the toasters!

3. We were there in June and I did not see any sushi.

Has anyone used the Valet Laundry service? Do you have pricing? Thoughts?
I know there are laundry facilities on site, but I'm thinking it'll be easier for us to use the valet service if it's not too expensive.

I remember reading the price list and thinking it was ridiculous expensive - priced per item. Sorry I don't recall any prices for you. I often do a couple loads at the same time while my daughter swims or really early in morning (I wake up too early). The laundry website makes it easy because it tells you when machines are available (never waited for a machine at any resort) and when the load is done. The machines don't hold a lot unfortunately.

EEK my trip is sooo close :tigger::tigger: Thanks by the way for the updated calendar. I was hoping we'd be able to join a campfire, but all our ADRs lucked out to be early ( :) ) but they overlap with the campfire times ( :( )

A couple quick thoughts/questions I've realized.

1) I swear somewhere in the piles of paperwork/emails I've received since booking (FD package) there was a note that we receive a free round of mini golf. Where are the mini golf courses from the resort and can we use the buses to get there?
  1. You should receive a coupon book a couple of weeks prior to your trip that has the mini golf coupons (two free rounds) free arcade token coupon and others. There are two course: Fantasia Gardens and Winterland/Summerland. Fantasia is located near the Swan and Dolphin and there is not a bus that will take you there. Winterland/Summerland is located beside Blizzard Beach and you can take the bus to Blizzard Beach. We have played both and the theming on both is really cute. Our favorite is Fantasia but we drive so it is easy for us to go there.
  2. As @blackpearl77 stated, the toasters are there for your use and we have used them and the microwaves before.
  3. I don't remember seeing them in the grab and go section of the food courts when we were there last year. They do have pretty good pre-packaged ones at the Kabuki Cafe which is the stand in Japan.

Has anyone used the Valet Laundry service?

Nope. Took one look at the cost and said no way. Would much rather spend an hour or 2 at one of the Leisure pools having a couple drinks than drop that kind of coin on laundry.

Do you have pricing?

Dry clean suit, $13.50
dry clean skirt, $8.50
dry clean shirt, $8.25

launder socks $4.00
launder pajamas, $7.00
launder tee shirt, $6.50

1. You should receive a coupon book a couple of weeks prior to your trip that has the mini golf coupons (two free rounds) free arcade token coupon and others. There are two course: Fantasia Gardens and Winterland/Summerland. Fantasia is located near the Swan and Dolphin and there is not a bus that will take you there. Winterland/Summerland is located beside Blizzard Beach and you can take the bus to Blizzard Beach. We have played both and the theming on both is really cute. Our favorite is Fantasia but we drive so it is easy for us to go there.

Thanks :) I'm 7 days out and no booklet, but I am in Canada so maybe they have it with our bands and other items at check in? We are driving as well, hubby hates looking at the van once we park, but for timing maybe I can convince him to drive over when we want to play.

Thanks :) I'm 7 days out and no booklet, but I am in Canada so maybe they have it with our bands and other items at check in? We are driving as well, hubby hates looking at the van once we park, but for timing maybe I can convince him to drive over when we want to play.
Wow how long of a drive is that? I hope you have a great trip!

Wow how long of a drive is that? I hope you have a great trip!

Map quest tells us 19h and 45min. We travel over two days so plan to leave about midnight the 26th, drive until 7pm and stop for a hotel. Hopefully if traffic is reasonable we will arrive the 27th just after lunch. That though is why hubby likes to park the van when we arrive and not see it again until we repeat for the return home.

Can anyone confirm what coffee makers are in the rooms at CBR? Would like to find coffee pods that will work other than just the regular thats provided. Wife loves flavored such as hazelnut etc.

Just booked a last minute Labor Day Week trip and we are so excited! We have never stayed at CBR (almost always a POP girl with the kids), but it's just me and my sis this trip. No kids. Thanks for all of the info. We appreciate all the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter