Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

@firstwdw,
I too am horrifically allergic to mold spores, cigarette smoke as well, but that just gives me a headache. We've not had any mold/mildew problems at CBR yet. If we did, I would immediately ask for a new room.
I have heard others c/o about the mold though. I must have been pretty lucky so far.

Martinique 24, 25, and 26 have Preferred, Water View, and King rooms in them. Martinique 21, 22 and 23 have Standard, Water View and King rooms in them.
Sorry, I should have put those buildings as preferred, not the whole village. Thanks for catching that!

Does anyone know about how much it would cost for a taxi mini-van to take our luggage and us from CBR to YC? What about Uber XL cost? Thanks.

Ok.. I gotta just say.. WE WILL BE THERE FOR THE FIRST TIME @ CBR tomorrow!!
Anybody have any q's I'll try to figure them out for you. We booked preferred, so super excited to see what we receive.

I'd love it if you could take pictures of the "new" bridge across the lake. I think that we have just a single picture of it after it was redone. If you have time to take the picture, I'll add it to the informational pages. If not, that's okay. I'll take some when we are there in May/June.

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the draw is for them to CBR? I was able to book a standard room here with free dining, but this resort has never really appealed to me. I'm really hoping, if it becomes available, that I will be able to switch to Port Orleans Riverside. My family keeps telling me to stop obsessing and just leave it as is. But I love Riverside! I have read several pages on this thread hoping to find something that will excite me. I see many people stating their preference in buildings, but I haven't read much of why people love this resort.
For example, my favorite resort is Riverside because of the sprawling grounds, the laid-back bayou feel, and all of the lush greenery.
I keep telling myself to just let go and enjoy the opportunity to try someplace new, but I'm very worried I am going to regret it! That's why I am looking here for something to excite me about it. So what do you love about it!?

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the draw is for them to CBR? I was able to book a standard room here with free dining, but this resort has never really appealed to me. I'm really hoping, if it becomes available, that I will be able to switch to Port Orleans Riverside. My family keeps telling me to stop obsessing and just leave it as is. But I love Riverside! I have read several pages on this thread hoping to find something that will excite me. I see many people stating their preference in buildings, but I haven't read much of why people love this resort.
For example, my favorite resort is Riverside because of the sprawling grounds, the laid-back bayou feel, and all of the lush greenery.
I keep telling myself to just let go and enjoy the opportunity to try someplace new, but I'm very worried I am going to regret it! That's why I am looking here for something to excite me about it. So what do you love about it!?
We love the laid back island feel of CBR. The lush tropical plants and palm trees are relaxing and beautiful. We also love the white sand beaches. There's nothing like walking on a sandy beach barefoot. You can also relax in a hammock on the beach. I'm not sure if they still do this, but the last time we were there, you could lightly hear steel band drum island music playing outside OPR.

Quiet honestly, we love everything about it! It is a very relaxing resort and it's nice to come back to after a busy day in the parks. The village buildings are painted in vibrant cheerful colors, the landscaping is lush and the flowers are beautiful, the island in the middle of the resort is an oasis in and of itself. There is no better way to unwind than with a swing in the hammocks overlooking the gorgeous resort and beaches. The food court, themed after an outdoor marketplace, has a wide variety of foods to choose from no matter the time of day that you dine. If you want to eat in Old Port Royale there is plenty of seating but there is also outdoor seating if you'd like to take your meal outside. As far as the buses go, we have never had any major issues. It has always run efficiently and, because the resort is centrally located, it doesn't take long at all to reach any Disney destination.

I have lots of pictures of the various sections of the resort in my trip report. Just click on the link in my signature to have a look around.

I also LOVE Riverside and especially French Quarter and have stayed at both. I was not thrilled to stay at CBR but stayed(just got back actually) because my family wanted to try something new. At first I was homesick for Port Orleans resorts but I ended up liking CBR in the end and I would stay there again.

This is what I liked that was different than Riverside:
-lots of outdoor tables near the food court to eat outside!
-hammocks on the beaches and the beaches!
-great island to explore with big playground, pathways, hammocks, hidden seating areas with pretty views etc
-we saw turtles and a mother duck and babies in the lake walking over the footbridge
-watching the Epcot and Hollywood Studios fireworks from the resort(awesome view of the Star Wars fireworks!)
-the rooms have recently been redone and are very nice. The beds are very comfy! Sliding door between bathroom sinks and room for more privacy. The murphy bed is a better set up than Riverside with drawers on either end and underneath.

I did not notice any caribbean music playing at the resort-some buses had it but never heard it on the resort grounds.

What I didn't like in comparison to POR:
-overall set up with the front desk, magical express and luggage check-in so far away from everything else. This was a real pain when we had to get an issue resolved at the desk and also on check-out day when we had to haul our luggage to check in for the airport, then trek to the foodcourt to get breakfast and then back to the lobby to get the bus to the airport.
-the main pool....just felt blah to me....not enough green! and very very crowded midday when we were there
-quiet pools also didn't wow me....just weren't as pretty as Riverside-seemed to have lots of concrete and they are in process of making the concrete walls at the quiet pools even higher and adding locked gates
-so many bus stops and seemed to be a longer ride time after picking up guests to get to the Magic Kingdom (20min) many times buses were packed with standing room only no matter what time of day

---food court was just as good as Riverside. Riverside's gift shop and arcade were slightly better I thought.
---Caribbean was quiet for sleeping at night-the area where the rooms are did not feel busy even though the resort was at capacity. The pool and buses are where we noticed the crowds

I should add....the kids LOVED the pool at Caribbean and didn't mind the crowds and noise! They Loved the pool slide( 2 slides in the big pool and a very cool water play area for the under 48inch kids with their own slides!) and loved the resort overall! They have tons of kids there and so many activities. In fact if you compare the recreation schedule to Riverside, Caribbean Beach offers more. CBR has movies EVERY night (oh and they set up low to the ground chairs for the movies which is awesome rather than towels on grass!) They had mickey tie dye shirt activity 3 nights while we were there. Just very kid friendly and worth a try!!!

It did take me a few days to adjust and stop missing Port Orleans but the family was happy and in the end we'd stay there again!

I agree with the previous 2 comments. POR used to be our favorite resort until we stayed at CBR.

Sitting on the island in the middle of the lake as the sun comes up has its own magical feel.

These last few posts have me really excited about our stay! Especially being able to see fireworks as we have a couple of early nights planned due to mnsshp (we are going to MK on those days and just leaving at 7). Where is the best spot to see fireworks??

These last few posts have me really excited about our stay! Especially being able to see fireworks as we have a couple of early nights planned due to mnsshp (we are going to MK on those days and just leaving at 7). Where is the best spot to see fireworks??

The fireworks were a surprise bonus on our trip last week! We saw Epcot fireworks from the Martinique Beach. Some are through the trees but the higher up ones are really cool. If you look carefully when walking between the food court and the Martinique Beach at night you can see the Epcot ball all lit up-it's in the distance and through some trees but it's def visible!

The Hollywood Studios fireworks were the BEST view though! We watched them from the boardwalk bridge that goes right in front of the Main pool-as if you are walking from the food court to Trinidad North (right in front of the hot tub closest to Trinidad North looking towards Jamaica yellow buildings-over the roof tops) Fabulous view of most of the show!

We we'd start our night hanging out on the Martinique beach, watch the 9pm Epcot fireworks and then as soon as they ended walk super fast to see the Hollywood Studios from right in front of the pool looking towards Jamaica!

We love CBR and have stayed a few times. My kids go bonkers over the pool. It really is a fantastic pool. The quiet pools are nice too. The thing I like about it is that I REALLY feel like I am on vacation at CBR. It has such a lush, tropical feel to it. The steel drum music in the background, the bright colors, the vegetation, the whole "island" feel just screams "YOU ARE REALLY ON VACATION!" to me.

One night we were at the pool after dinner, the weather was gorgeous, the kids were splashing in the pool, we were relaxing listening to Jimmy Buffet songs playing in the background, drinking a drink from the refillable mug station, people were at the pool bar, the twinkle lights were sparkling since it was getting dark, they were setting up the inflatable screen for a movie, and I just said to DH, "this really is the life isn't it?"

I would say try it, you really might love it.

All right, you guys got me excited! Now this is sounding like a fantastic trip and something to really look forward to! I love being outdoors so exploring the island will be great, and I have a one-year-old so the little pool area for her is something that is important to me. Being able to see the fireworks from the resort is a huge bonus! Now I just hope I can hear those steel drums ... But not a dealbreaker if I don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter