• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was looking through some old National Geographics and, in the February, 1989 edition, there was an advertisement for Walt Disney World and Caribbean Beach was featured. Take a look at the price....under $100 a night.

View attachment 165075

View attachment 165076

View attachment 165077
And look at the airline meals!!! I remember those! You barely got seated and the stewardesses (there were no "flight attendants then!) Brought you an entire meal.
We could also arrive at the airport gate at 6 am for a 6:10 am flight!
Seems so long ago...

We have always stayed at POP and we know every in and out there is about how to handle our luggage, but this girls trip we are staying at CBR :dance3:and I want to understand how it works at CBR.
My mom is 82 so I want to make sure I understand all this luggage stuff.
When we use MDE and if our flight lands before midnight, I understand they will deliver our luggage to our room a couple of hours later. BUT, if we end up with a flight that lands at midnight, getting to the resort after 1am, how would our luggage be handled? Would we need to get our luggage to our room? Will there be no one to help us?

Also, when we leave, just making sure I understand. The day we are leaving, we call bell service, we load our luggage on a shuttle and either walk or ride to the customs house, they will hold our luggage until our MDE pick up time? We have a CRT reservation at 8am on our last day, so we will have to leave the resort by 7-7:15am, how early can we get bell service for the luggage service and check in at custom house?

:thanks:in advance!
You will need to go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage, then bring it to the Magical Express. This link has the info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/

Need help deciding which room to go with. I have a Standard room reserved for 11/13-11/18. TA is trying to request Jamaica 45 for me but who knows what I will actually get. We did not get FD with this room because of the dates. Today my TA got a Preferred room on hold for us with FD for the 15th-20th. The price difference right now is about $360. My question is should I wait to try to get a room discount with no FD (which would save $766) and we could use that money for food or just do the Preferred room with FD? Is the Preferred room REALLY so much better than the standard? I have never stayed at CBR so I have no idea? I will have an almost 6 year old and a 13 month old with me (If this helps). Thanks for any suggestions!!!
The rooms themselves will be exactly the same, the only difference is location. So it really just depends on how important it is to you to be close to the main pool and food court. Personally, I would take the preferred room with FD, but my kids LOVE to swim and we have 2 pool days planned. If you plan to spend little time at the resort, the standard room is probably fine. There is a quiet pool and bus stop in every village, so you'll never be far from those. Good luck!

Need help deciding which room to go with. I have a Standard room reserved for 11/13-11/18. TA is trying to request Jamaica 45 for me but who knows what I will actually get. We did not get FD with this room because of the dates. Today my TA got a Preferred room on hold for us with FD for the 15th-20th. The price difference right now is about $360. My question is should I wait to try to get a room discount with no FD (which would save $766) and we could use that money for food or just do the Preferred room with FD? Is the Preferred room REALLY so much better than the standard? I have never stayed at CBR so I have no idea? I will have an almost 6 year old and a 13 month old with me (If this helps). Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Request Jamaica or Aruba, I believe buildings 45, 46 and 51 (but double check this on the touring plans website) and you should get placed in one of them. We requested Jamaica 45 and got it. Actually, every time we requested a certain building at WDW, we got it. If you have too many requests like (this view or that view, corner room facing west) AND specific building you may not get all you ask for. But if you just ask for a specific building you should get it. Especially if you give Disney 2 or 3 buildings you are ok with. Jamaica 45 was maybe 5 min tops walk to the main pool and building. I would be upset if I paid a several hundred more for a preferred room. Of course no guarantees, but if you say Jamaica or Aruba, you should get one of those buildings.

You will need to go to baggage claim and pick up your luggage, then bring it to the Magical Express. This link has the info:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/
Thank you for your reply :-) I actually understand what we need to do at the airport. We have had to do this a couple of times and we are definitly trying to avoid it this time. :surfweb:

It is once we get to CBR how the luggage will be handled if we arrive so late. We are definitly looking for earlier flights, especially with my 82-year-old mama. At pop you just take your luggage with you and go straight to the room. At CBR, it is so spread out so I am wondering once we get to CBR with our luggage on the MDE so how do we get to our room with her luggage? Do the internal buses and Bell service still work that late to help us or will we have to walk with to our room at 1:30am toting our luggage? If that's the case, I may need to move my reservation. Lol. I can't imagine being assigned a room far from the custom house and having to push a wheelchair with my mama and toting luggage.:faint::crazy:

As I type this, I can't imagine Disney not providing bell service and assistance with luggage to our room just because we have a late arrival. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply :-) I actually understand what we need to do at the airport. We have had to do this a couple of times and we are definitly trying to avoid it this time. :surfweb:

It is once we get to CBR how the luggage will be handled if we arrive so late. We are definitly looking for earlier flights, especially with my 82-year-old mama. At pop you just take your luggage with you and go straight to the room. At CBR, it is so spread out so I am wondering once we get to CBR with our luggage on the MDE so how do we get to our room with her luggage? Do the internal buses and Bell service still work that late to help us or will we have to walk with to our room at 1:30am toting our luggage? If that's the case, I may need to move my reservation. Lol. I can't imagine being assigned a room far from the custom house and having to push a wheelchair with my mama and toting luggage.:faint::crazy:

As I type this, I can't imagine Disney not providing bell service and assistance with luggage to our room just because we have a late arrival. :rolleyes:

The Bell Services van will take your party and all your luggage to your room. Bell Services runs On Demand 24 hrs a day unlike Luggage Services at the Values.

Our ressie has all the fee's already figured in and the total cost at CBR is $3932. The total cost at POP with 2 rooms is $4715. Both includes the upcharge fee for adults. $783 total difference. That also includes the upgrade fee to the full service dining plan staying at POP. The single bathroom isn't a big deal for us. We have a cabin on some property that we have, 1 bathroom and it sleeps 10. We have been there many times for several days with 5+ people. We just take our turn :) We are more worried about the murphy bed. Thank you for your response.:)
We had 5 peeps to a room with the Murphy bed, it worked out fine. (Adult DD slept on MB, and was quite comfy) if you really want to save the money, I would book CBR, and put the smaller of your DDs in the MB.
It sounds like it would better fit your budget. Also ask for ground floor room for your DM!
Have a magical trip!

I did a search on the boards, but couldn't find any info for what I need. My DD is registered for the Disney Soccer Academy at ESPN. I had originally booked us 9 nights at CBR in a King Bed room followed 5 nights at Beach Club, but found out Thursday that we are required to stay at CBR. My question is this.....does anyone know if they will lump all the registrants and their families in the same section at CBR? The travel company only has standard rooms available so that means I will have to switch rooms which is no big deal. I'd prefer to be in Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45. We have no plans other than pool and resort time after she's done at soccer for the day and like the proximity of those buildings to the hammocks on the beaches and OPR. Just wondering if it's a waste of time to request those buildings.

This thread is awesome! I'm excited to be staying at CBR in October with free dining (checking in 9/30), I stalked the website for 5 days to get it and it finally paid off). The first couple pages are amazing with info about the resort! Better than any other site I could find googling. Thanks so much for putting all of that info together.

Love this thread thanks! I am booked for a standard room at the end of August for my family of 5. Our 3rd Disney trip, first time out of Values.

I am wondering (not worrying) about the walk\layout. Is similar to AOA? We stayed there on our last trip and all the complaints about walking distance had me really worried, yet once we checked in and I toured the resort I couldn't understand it. Will I find the same concept at CBR? Everyone has a different idea of what is a lot of walking?

The mildew smell does have me concerned. Has it been figured if it's just a scent in the air or actual mildew in or around rooms? I have an allergy to molds and mildews and can have pretty severe attacks if they are close. Is this in a specific building or area that I should avoid requesting?

Can I ask why?? I've never stayed at CBR and I'm curious which one we would like better?
We have never asked for preferred. We have been given "Preferred" twice at no extra cost. We love Jamaica and Trinidad North.

Love this thread thanks! I am booked for a standard room at the end of August for my family of 5. Our 3rd Disney trip, first time out of Values.

I am wondering (not worrying) about the walk\layout. Is similar to AOA? We stayed there on our last trip and all the complaints about walking distance had me really worried, yet once we checked in and I toured the resort I couldn't understand it. Will I find the same concept at CBR? Everyone has a different idea of what is a lot of walking?

The mildew smell does have me concerned. Has it been figured if it's just a scent in the air or actual mildew in or around rooms? I have an allergy to molds and mildews and can have pretty severe attacks if they are close. Is this in a specific building or area that I should avoid requesting?

The walking distances are greatly exaggerated in our opinion.

We have been in 9 different rooms at CBR and have never noticed a mildew smell. And I too am alergic to mold and mildew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter