Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if they sell those Kids Power Pack meals in the grab & go section at OPR? Or do they only sell those in the parks? Thanks!

Can someone let me know what kind of coffee packs to buy for the current coffee makers in the room. I am a coffee snob and prefer to bring my own coffee, I do not think they are kcups. Thanks

There are some reviews I found online that said they were charged for using the in-room coffee. Is this really true?

We would also like to bring our own pods so am wanting to know exactly what type. Are they single serving or 4-6cup versions?

Are you not using the DME tags? If you are picking up your bags at the airport, then this does sound reasonable. But, using DME will not hinder anything you do. They will bring your bags to your room. We bring a carry-on with stuff we are using on Day 1 and let luggage service bring our bags to our room when we are at the parks.

What about checking out? Do you schedule a time for luggage service to come get your bags on check out day? What if we have a late flight out, will luggage services get our bags including carry on and hold them until we come back for DME?

What about checking out? Do you schedule a time for luggage service to come get your bags on check out day? What if we have a late flight out, will luggage services get our bags including carry on and hold them until we come back for DME?

We called Bell Services, and they arrived in about 15 minutes. We had to go down to the Customs House to get the bags checked. We just rode with the guy who picked up our luggage. I'm pretty sure you can do that at any point during the day. Once you do that, you don't see them again until you get home.

We had our carry-ons stored by Bell Services, too, and picked them up when we came back from Disney Springs to board DME.

You can call bell services that morning you check out and they will come get your bags and store them at customs house. They will give you a bell slip. When you go to customs house to check in for your flight (which I think you have to do before noon) you give them your bell slip and they will bring you your bags. Then you go to the airline check in counter and they take your checked bags. Bell services will continue to hold your carry-on bags until your bus comes.

There are some reviews I found online that said they were charged for using the in-room coffee. Is this really true?

We would also like to bring our own pods so am wanting to know exactly what type. Are they single serving or 4-6cup versions?

No they don't charge for the in room coffee. It is single serve pods.

We have never paid for the coffee in the room at WDW!! It's included in the room fees and house keeping will replenish them but do remember to tip well.

I know when using DME our luggage is sent directly to our room sometime later. How do we handle our carry on when checking in? I'm told the interior shuttles do not allow any luggage. So must we walk all the way to our room taking our carry on bags with us?

No, they don't charge for using the coffee in the rooms. They are single serve pods.

I know when using DME our luggage is sent directly to our room sometime later. How do we handle our carry on when checking in? I'm told the interior shuttles do not allow any luggage. So must we walk all the way to our room taking our carry on bags with us?
Yes, most of the time. We took our bags on the shuttle as we were getting off at the 2nd stop. But most of the time you would be correct.

Yes, most of the time. We took our bags on the shuttle as we were getting off at the 2nd stop. But most of the time you would be correct.

Not sure how this will work. We'll each have a carry on sized suit case as well as laptop, purses, backpacks etc. Would not be fun trekking all that to a distant room.

Need help deciding which room to go with. I have a Standard room reserved for 11/13-11/18. TA is trying to request Jamaica 45 for me but who knows what I will actually get. We did not get FD with this room because of the dates. Today my TA got a Preferred room on hold for us with FD for the 15th-20th. The price difference right now is about $360. My question is should I wait to try to get a room discount with no FD (which would save $766) and we could use that money for food or just do the Preferred room with FD? Is the Preferred room REALLY so much better than the standard? I have never stayed at CBR so I have no idea? I will have an almost 6 year old and a 13 month old with me (If this helps). Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Not sure how this will work. We'll each have a carry on sized suit case as well as laptop, purses, backpacks etc. Would not be fun trekking all that to a distant room.

DW and I do this all the time and it's not a big deal, really, provided the weather is nice. Our carry on sized suitcases have good wheels so they pull easily, our second carry on items all have straps so they fit over the wheelie bag's handles and ride on top of them. You can find laptop bags that have these, Brenthaven is the brand I have. Backpacks are easy, we just wear those when we have them. We do the same at checkout even if we had DME deliver our larger suitcases, again good wheels are essential for this to be comfortable. Mind you our next trip will be our 10th stay at CBR, so we kinda know our way around and are usually in Aruba or Jamaica so it's not like we're in Trinidad South.

Probably not getting on the shuttle then. They will have someone deliver to your room if you'd like. Bell Services will do that much for you.

We have always stayed at POP and we know every in and out there is about how to handle our luggage, but this girls trip we are staying at CBR :dance3:and I want to understand how it works at CBR.
My mom is 82 so I want to make sure I understand all this luggage stuff.
When we use MDE and if our flight lands before midnight, I understand they will deliver our luggage to our room a couple of hours later. BUT, if we end up with a flight that lands at midnight, getting to the resort after 1am, how would our luggage be handled? Would we need to get our luggage to our room? Will there be no one to help us?

Also, when we leave, just making sure I understand. The day we are leaving, we call bell service, we load our luggage on a shuttle and either walk or ride to the customs house, they will hold our luggage until our MDE pick up time? We have a CRT reservation at 8am on our last day, so we will have to leave the resort by 7-7:15am, how early can we get bell service for the luggage service and check in at custom house?

:thanks:in advance!

I'm new to the boards! I booked today as well for our first time at CBR! We are a family of 5 with a Murphy bed in a preferred room. Our dates are December 10-17!! I'm wondering if we will be swimming or not?? Any tips are greatly appreciated!

We will also be there at this time! The last time we went in December we did not go swimming because it was a little chilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter