• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

As preferred you will be in Martinique or Trinidad North. Not much difference in my mind between them.

I read through the beginnings of this thread, and took a look at the maps. I do see that the courtyards of just about all the buildings are designated smoking areas. Do these courtyard areas have doors that face them? That would be a complete and utter deal breaker to be anywhere near people smoking. Do you know if we put allergy issue on the room request we'd be placed away from the courtyard, or is it a luck of the draw thing? I'd imagine that very few people would want to be near that.

I read through the beginnings of this thread, and took a look at the maps. I do see that the courtyards of just about all the buildings are designated smoking areas. Do these courtyard areas have doors that face them? That would be a complete and utter deal breaker to be anywhere near people smoking. Do you know if we put allergy issue on the room request we'd be placed away from the courtyard, or is it a luck of the draw thing? I'd imagine that very few people would want to be near that.

You can definitely request "not near DSA". But it is just a request.

You can definitely request "not near DSA". But it is just a request.

Hmmm, I wonder if we should ditch the preferred and go with Waterview to assure no courtyard? The smoke could trigger a reaction that would really be problematic. I didn't realize they had so many DSAs.

Hmmm, I wonder if we should ditch the preferred and go with Waterview to assure no courtyard? The smoke could trigger a reaction that would really be problematic. I didn't realize they had so many DSAs.

Just an FYI, there are 4-5 less DSAs than are on the map on page #1.

Yeah know how I said I wouldnt be back this year and we were thinking of California.....kids are protesting BIG TIME they want CBR!! Im like...but its California!! Cozumel?? nope..even back to my beloved hometown of Scotland aint happenin.. There not buying it...sigh..cant say I didnt try. We cant book right now but have to wait a few months but whats the betting were back at CRB...every year I try to get them to go somewhere else and we end up back at CBR..lol why do I bother!!!

Same here..tomorrow marks our 180 days out..super excited..getting out of bed extremely early to make sure I get my DW's favorite(Be Our Guest). My favorite (being from NY) is Via Napoli, never a problem getting our 12 o'clock lunch..can't wait to get back to CBR..the only request we ever make is ground floor, can care less which building we are in we just love being there.We drive from upstate NY so a lot easier unloading car without going up and down the stairs. Even though my DW and DD(9)
Yeah know how I said I wouldnt be back this year and we were thinking of California.....kids are protesting BIG TIME they want CBR!! Im like...but its California!! Cozumel?? nope..even back to my beloved hometown of Scotland aint happenin.. There not buying it...sigh..cant say I didnt try. We cant book right now but have to wait a few months but whats the betting were back at CRB...every year I try to get them to go somewhere else and we end up back at CBR..lol why do I bother!!!
are more than capable of helping, it seems that I DO 99% of unloading, DS will of just turned 4 by then so he can't help too much.(Ironically he's the one that tries to help me the most ..lol)

Every year we say NEXT year we will go someplace new. We've been saying that since 2002.....At least we saved CBR for last in the moderates, because we loved it so much I don't think we will ever go anywhere else. Just waiting for a good deal ( wink, wink, Disney) to book our fall trip.

Just got a Disney pin code on Friday. Looking at 7/17-7/23 with free park admission w/park hopper. And since I have flown so much the last 6 months...work and fun, we have 4 free tickets on SWA. Life is good.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have posted great information on this thread. Our family is super excited for our first stay at CBR June 4th!!! Granted it's only for one night (split stay), but our flight lands at MCO at 9:30am and we're not doing the parks this first day, so we have the whole day to enjoy the resort!

Same here..tomorrow marks our 180 days out..super excited..getting out of bed extremely early to make sure I get my DW's favorite(Be Our Guest). My favorite (being from NY) is Via Napoli, never a problem getting our 12 o'clock lunch..can't wait to get back to CBR..the only request we ever make is ground floor, can care less which building we are in we just love being there.We drive from upstate NY so a lot easier unloading car without going up and down the stairs. Even though my DW and DD(9)

are more than capable of helping, it seems that I DO 99% of unloading, DS will of just turned 4 by then so he can't help too much.(Ironically he's the one that tries to help me the most ..lol)
What's it like in a ground floor room, how noisy is it with noise from above? We were going to request first floor as don't fancy lots of noise from above if we were on the ground.:tiptoe:

Honestly we've had ground floor here at CBR and noise above has never been an issue. Now for people next door ....that's a different story..lol

Gotta say I don't blame them for rejecting California. Been there a couple of times; don't get it. :)

My families trip is 12 days out and I am going CrAzY!?!?!? I cannot WAIT to experience CBR!!! Magic Bands are in, ME tags are ready, we surprised DS his count down is going now!!!

Has anyone had good experiences using the touringplans.com room request fax? First time for me, curious on how helpful it will be. Can't wait to share our trip with you all!!!

J

My families trip is 12 days out and I am going CrAzY!?!?!? I cannot WAIT to experience CBR!!! Magic Bands are in, ME tags are ready, we surprised DS his count down is going now!!!

Has anyone had good experiences using the touringplans.com room request fax? First time for me, curious on how helpful it will be. Can't wait to share our trip with you all!!!

J

Sounds like we will be there at the same time, we fly in on the 12th, I am not sure how I will make it the next two weeks!party:

I was wondering if anyone knew if a reservation for Shutters is really needed.... We will be arriving Saturday March 19, so during spring break. I would really like to eat there and explore the resort on our day of arrival but don't want to make an ADR in case we get delayed for any reason. Do you think its possible to get in without a reservation? Hoping to eat between 5 and 6 if all goes well...

I was there last week and they weren't taking any walk ins on Thursday night. It was the half marathon weekend though so it was fairly busy.

J

This past November I used it and had I think 6 rooms on my list. I got one of them. I wanted a corner room near the stairs and near the parking lot and that's what we got. I was very happy I used it.

I used it as well and got very close to what I wanted. I might suggest requesting what you want (close to transportation, close to OPR), as you're more likely to get that than a specific room.

Just an FYI, there are 4-5 less DSAs than are on the map on page #1.

We decided to move to a different resort - the smoke smell is a migraine trigger, and if the request to be away from the DSA can't be guaranteed, we don't want to risk it. We have never had a problem at Disney avoiding the DSAs at the parks, and we have rarely seen issues for people ignoring the smoking rules. We have only ever stayed at the AoA in a Family Suite, or at one of the deluxe resorts, so the potential for any smoke reaching the room was pretty much non-existent. The difference here is that it looks (at least to me) that the DSAs are near enough to some of the rooms for it to possibly be an issue. Since a migraine could trigger 24-48 hours of misery, I don't want to risk it.

So we are tossing around either first week in june or second last week in August...last year we did August and I swore never again..I live in Houston where its hot but that heat last year in Disney about finished me off!! Ive never felt it so hot anywhere ever! It was unbearable..trying to remind my husband of that! ahem. Im guessing the first week in June may not be so bad?

on another note...just seen the pirate rooms are the same price as the preferred rooms! yikes..did the pirate rooms come down or preferred rooms go up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter