• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I find it best to call the Main Reservation line and have any requests added to your reservation. There is no way to contact the resort directly. Any number you might find online for CBR, or any other WDW resort, routes to a Call Center. The phone CMs that answer those numbers will answer/act like they are at the resort you think you called but they're not.

Thank you! Will do that!

We were originally booked at POR for 3/14-20. We have stayed there before; however, their main pool might still be under refurb during our stay. DS really wanted to swim in the main pool, since he didn't get to last time. I saw that CBR was available, with a discount no less, and booked it too. DS saw the pictures of CBR, including the main pool and the beaches. He told me to immediately cancel POR:) So, we are staying at CBR for the first time. We got a pool/water view room, which we haven't had at WDW before. Looking forward to trying a new place and adding on to my list.

We were originally booked at POR for 3/14-20. We have stayed there before; however, their main pool might still be under refurb during our stay. DS really wanted to swim in the main pool, since he didn't get to last time. I saw that CBR was available, with a discount no less, and booked it too. DS saw the pictures of CBR, including the main pool and the beaches. He told me to immediately cancel POR:) So, we are staying at CBR for the first time. We got a pool/water view room, which we haven't had at WDW before. Looking forward to trying a new place and adding on to my list.

You've made an excellent choice! We were big fans of POR until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to stay anywhere else since. We just fell in love with it.

I'm so confused! We are staying at CBR in a few weeks (my first trip to Disney in almost 20 years) and I'm trying to do the online check in. We have a water view, and would love to be near to the main eating area (of course). The online check-in gives choices that I don't think are possible for us- for instance water view in Martinique- wouldn't that be a preferred room? I'm sure I'm just totally getting it wrong, but if someone could explain it, or point me to where someone has already laid it out, that would be great!
Thanks!

I'm so confused! We are staying at CBR in a few weeks (my first trip to Disney in almost 20 years) and I'm trying to do the online check in. We have a water view, and would love to be near to the main eating area (of course). The online check-in gives choices that I don't think are possible for us- for instance water view in Martinique- wouldn't that be a preferred room? I'm sure I'm just totally getting it wrong, but if someone could explain it, or point me to where someone has already laid it out, that would be great!
Thanks!

Martinique 24, 25, 26, and all of Trinidad North have 3 room classifications. They are Preferred, King and Water View. So go right ahead and request any of them.

We are also going in March and originally booked POR but changed to CBR/CSR after finding out about the pool closure. We were disappointed that the CSR denied knowing about the pool closure and didn't seem to understand when I said it was a deal breaker for the kids. We stayed at CBR the last two years and loved it. At least we will be trying one new resort and our first split stay.

Just switched from AoA /mermaid room to CBR for May 8-17! We stayed at CBR for our first trip as a family and my first time staying on property a few years ago. Switching saved us about $125 after the spring room offer. I was unsure about staying at AoA and feel very relieved to be back at Caribbean Beach. So excited to be back!!

We are going in 65 days and it's our first time staying on property. We are so excited!!!! Had a hard time deciding between POFQ or CBR, I think the little man will love the pool theming. Can't get here fast enough!!!

Hi,
Family of 5 here. Just wanted to know if the drop down bed in CBR are the same size as the ones in POR. My DD fit on the one in POR very well & was hoping that would be the case for CBR. Thanks!

Pirate rooms - are they worth it?? We booked a standard pirate room for April but seems like they don't have a preferred location and they are only queen beds. My boys will like the theming but is it worth it? Would paying for a preferred room with a queen bed in a better location be better? Any thoughts? TIA

Pirate rooms - are they worth it?? We booked a standard pirate room for April but seems like they don't have a preferred location and they are only queen beds. My boys will like the theming but is it worth it? Would paying for a preferred room with a queen bed in a better location be better? Any thoughts? TIA

Some people like them for the theme, but that is their only perk. They are the farthest away from the main pool and food court, and the last bus stop on one of the routes (I can't say it is the most often used bus route, but it is a common route).

Personally, I wouldn't book a Pirate room if I had the choice for preferred. That is my opinion...We rarely spend much time in the room if we aren't sleeping (though last trip DW was feeling poorly and did spend more time in our room...I do need to finish that trip report!) so that isn't a huge perk for us.

If you book preferred your boys might be able to spend more time in the pirate themed main pool...you can get to the food court much quicker, and won't ever be the "last stop" on any bus route.

I've just spent the last hour and a half reading through this and I may have missed what I'm looking for...

We have always stayed at POP. We are going in Sept for a week (family of four, kids are 11 and 7). IF free dining is offered then we would like to stay at CBR (so upgrade from pop) so that we can have the table service dining plan. At POP sometimes we would get a preferred room, sometimes not. Either way we were never more than a 5-6 minute walk from the food court/main pool/buses.

Worst case scenario, with a standard room at CBR, how long of a walk could we potentially end up being from the main pool/food court (at a moderate walking speed)?

Thank you!
Standard rooms in Aruba and Jamaica are directly across bridge from OPR, 5 minutes easy walk.
You will also find Jamaica is usually the 1st stop, and the bus stop at Jamaica is easily reached from both Jamaica AND Aruba
We were Bldg 51 at Christmas and could use either/or. Same with bldg 53. Close to bus and bridge.

You've made an excellent choice! We were big fans of POR until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and haven't been able to stay anywhere else since. We just fell in love with it.
I am soooo with you @dansdad !
I actually even like it better than the Poly, (I know blasphemy!)
After many, many WDW trips, I believe we have our "forever home"!
I truly love how peaceful and quiet it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter