Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 33 days out now -- I'm getting so excited!!! So I've asked this before, I think, but I can't find it. I did online check-in, and requested a ground floor in Barbados (ground floor because my dad will have an ECV). Are there any further steps I can take to make it more likely that we get our requests? Should I ask for an accessible room?

We're 33 days out now -- I'm getting so excited!!! So I've asked this before, I think, but I can't find it. I did online check-in, and requested a ground floor in Barbados (ground floor because my dad will have an ECV). Are there any further steps I can take to make it more likely that we get our requests? Should I ask for an accessible room?

We have always had good luck doing what you've already done plus calling the Disability Service line and have them add the first floor request. I don't know if it helped in the past, but every time we've done that the CM checking us in has mentioned that our first floor request from Disability Service was granted.

Disability Service (407) 560-2547

I suggest that you also call and made sure that your requests are noted on your reservation. It may be a little bit of an overkill but, if you are like me, it will make you feel better knowing that you've called and actually spoken to someone. If you want to know more about making requests, check out an article that I wrote. You can find it here.

We have always had good luck doing what you've already done plus calling the Disability Service line and have them add the first floor request. I don't know if it helped in the past, but every time we've done that the CM checking us in has mentioned that our first floor request from Disability Service was granted.

Disability Service (407) 560-2547

Great! Thanks for the number. I will definitely do that!

I suggest that you also call and made sure that your requests are noted on your reservation. It may be a little bit of an overkill but, if you are like me, it will make you feel better knowing that you've called and actually spoken to someone. If you want to know more about making requests, check out an article that I wrote. You can find it here.

Thanks for the article! Will definitely call too!

Here now - doing a load of laundry while DD is on the pirate adventure.

There is shampoo and conditioner - cute little bottles with Mickey heads.

And when I walked over there earlier, there was a sign on the OPR side noting that the playground is open but the bridge is closed. So for those looking for the playground, you should be ok.

We are headed to MNSSHP tonight - so far having a great time!

Been hearing that the food at Shutters is good recently. We're going to be at CBR end of January. Not traveled during this time before and never been to CBR. So, do you think we will need reservations to eat at Shutters or will it be easy to walk in that time of year? Was thinking it would be nice to have that as a table service back up so we didn't have to make so many advance commitments (one of our travel party HATES having scheduled ADRs, so trying to have some unplanned days).

Thanks for any advice!
We had an early (5:30pm) reservation at Shutter's and it was pretty empty. BUT, when we had tried the day before to change our reservation time to a little later, only 7:30 and later was available. I'm not sure if that was because they were holding some for walk-ins or if they were limited on staff.

Just wanted to quickly pop in and ask if anyone knows what the current in room toiletries are like? We normally stay deluxe, but I know they vary in the levels of resort. Are the shampoo and conditioner separate? Thanks!

:flower::flower::flower::flower:

I am curious as well, last trip was in 2009 so I know things have changed. Several posters on here have just recently returned so maybe they will have info and pics:yay:
There are separate bottles of shampoo & conditioner, plus bars of soap. No lotion, though.

We're in Martinique now. I don't want to think about checking out, but we will be doing so in just two days. Can we have someone pick us up with our luggage so we don't have to lug it all the way to the Custom House? I though I saw that this could be done.

We're in Martinique now. I don't want to think about checking out, but we will be doing so in just two days. Can we have someone pick us up with our luggage so we don't have to lug it all the way to the Custom House? I though I saw that this could be done.
You can call bell services from your room and they will make arrangements to pick up your luggage. No need to take it all yourself. They will give you a ride to the custom house too!

You can call bell services from your room and they will make arrangements to pick up your luggage. No need to take it all yourself. They will give you a ride to the custom house too!

This. :thumbsup2 We always call the night before we check out and set this up. Not sure if you need to call the night before, but we always have. We give them a time and they have always been there right on time.

Question..I have reservations for 4 at CBR coming 10/31 my DM is joining us for now but she doesn't want to go to the parks everyday. I already purchased a MNSSHP ticket for her but doesn't want to go any other day. Do I have to add her to the tickets and dining? We currently have FD. Can't we just add an adult to our room? How much would that be?

You most definitely can do online check in, just skip the room request section. This is what we do every trip and had no issues.
Thanks!

I have yet another online check-in question:
I have booked two rooms and paid for them with my credit card. My friend is the head person on the second room. I have access to her MDE so I can pay and make sure everything is showing up correctly. When I go to her online check-in it shows my CC (because I paid for the room) and wants me to create a pin for the people in the room. I tried leaving it blank to finish online check-in but it requires a pin number. I do NOT want to allow them to charge to the room using my CC (they need to pay for those expenses). Do I just set a pin and not give them the pin number and tell them they have to provide a CC for their room at check-in? I'd prefer not to have my CC linked to their room for charges once we arrive.

Question..I have reservations for 4 at CBR coming 10/31 my DM is joining us for now but she doesn't want to go to the parks everyday. I already purchased a MNSSHP ticket for her but doesn't want to go any other day. Do I have to add her to the tickets and dining? We currently have FD. Can't we just add an adult to our room? How much would that be?
As far as I know, and what I've read: Everyone in your room has to be under the same ticket package in order to get the FD. So, she'd have to get the same tickets the rest of the party has. Are you all adults? Because, it really depends on if there are openings for 5 people and free dining. It's not as simple as adding a person, as all rooms don't sleep 5 adults.

Can't we just add an adult to our room? How much would that be?

I have heard that you can add her to the room once you arrive at the resort and just pay the extra person charge per night (around $15 per night for over 2 people in regular rooms as long as the room doesn't have the maximum number of people before adding her). They would just be getting a room not any tickets or FD. I haven't done this, but I've looked into it because we might do this if my DS is able to come for part of our stay.

:wave2: we're also in NE Ohio, and looks like we're heading down just a few days after you.
My hubby is from Warren, Ohio........we just got back from WDW this evening....but we're driving up to see his family at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to pretty fall colors!

Been hearing that the food at Shutters is good recently. We're going to be at CBR end of January. Not traveled during this time before and never been to CBR. So, do you think we will need reservations to eat at Shutters or will it be easy to walk in that time of year? Was thinking it would be nice to have that as a table service back up so we didn't have to make so many advance commitments (one of our travel party HATES having scheduled ADRs, so trying to have some unplanned days).

Thanks for any advice!
Shutters was FANTASTIC! We got a reservation for our evening about 3 hours before we ate. I'm glad we did that, though, because by the time we arrived for our reservation (8pm) there were about 5 other families wanting to get a table. It was this past wednesday night and it was busy! My husband and I both got the steaks (different ones from the menu) and they were both great.

Just wanted to quickly pop in and ask if anyone knows what the current in room toiletries are like? We normally stay deluxe, but I know they vary in the levels of resort. Are the shampoo and conditioner separate? Thanks!
Small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and bars of soap. Mickey heads on the bottles. We spent 6 nights at CBR and last night at CSR. Strangely enough at CSR we got the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion (but none of those had Mickey heads), and soap.

I didn't even think this was possible. When we changed resorts for our last night we just used the Internal Bus to take us from Jamaica to the Customs House......it has to be the big Internal Bus that travels all the villages, OPR, and the Custom House.

Do they come with a golf cart or something? We took the Internal bus.

Thanks!

I have yet another online check-in question:
I have booked two rooms and paid for them with my credit card. My friend is the head person on the second room. I have access to her MDE so I can pay and make sure everything is showing up correctly. When I go to her online check-in it shows my CC (because I paid for the room) and wants me to create a pin for the people in the room. I tried leaving it blank to finish online check-in but it requires a pin number. I do NOT want to allow them to charge to the room using my CC (they need to pay for those expenses). Do I just set a pin and not give them the pin number and tell them they have to provide a CC for their room at check-in? I'd prefer not to have my CC linked to their room for charges once we arrive.
I had the exact same thing and tried every which way to get round it.

In the end I deleted the saved CC details on my account. This still left my CC on my booking, but when I went back to the second room the CC section was blank again and allowed me to put a different CC in.

Hope I've explained that in a way that makes sense.

I have heard that you can add her to the room once you arrive at the resort and just pay the extra person charge per night (around $15 per night for over 2 people in regular rooms as long as the room doesn't have the maximum number of people before adding her). They would just be getting a room not any tickets or FD. I haven't done this, but I've looked into it because we might do this if my DS is able to come for part of our stay.
We were told this isn't possible if there is a FD package booked. Everyone in the room has to have the same package. Might have had a CM that didn't know the true rules (very, very possible). Ended up not needing to add another person, so not sure what the truth is! Hope it's as easy as you've said!

Do they come with a golf cart or something? We took the Internal bus.

We've always been picked up in a 15 passenger van that has the last 2 rows of seats removed for luggage.

We were told this isn't possible if there is a FD package booked. Everyone in the room has to have the same package. Might have had a CM that didn't know the true rules (very, very possible). Ended up not needing to add another person, so not sure what the truth is! Hope it's as easy as you've said!

The truth is that before you arrive if you add another person then YES they have to have the exact same package as everyone else. If you add another person after you arrive then they DO NOT have to have the same package as everyone else. We have done this multiple times, we personally know people who have done this and have read countless posts here on the DIS of people doing this.

We've always been picked up in a 15 passenger van that has the last 2 rows of seats removed for luggage.

The truth is that before you arrive if you add another person then YES they have to have the exact same package as everyone else. If you add another person after you arrive then they DO NOT have to have the same package as everyone else. We have done this multiple times, we personally know people who have done this and have read countless posts here on the DIS of people doing this.
Good to know! Glad I hear incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter