• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold, rainy and windy in Southern Canada too! I keep thinking 27 days to go!
We are going to stay at CBR next year and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about having a pack and play in the rooms? Any pictures of this working out? Do all of the rooms have the new pull down beds in them? My Mom is down there now in a room at POR with the pull down bed and doesn't think there would be room for a pack and play if the CBR rooms are smaller? Thanks for any help you can give!
Last trip we put our pack and play between both the beds so all three kids would be in a row. Lots of room for one by the door if you don't want to do that!

Just got back, stayed Sept 25th through today, weather was pretty good...very nice resort but very busy at the Food Court/Old Port Royale. Shutters was amazing! Staff for the most part were very friendly. Quick Service food choices were great, really loved the Breakfast, especially the Bounty Platter. Swam in the Quiet Pools only, very nice and very quiet! We visited a few other resorts during our stay and really liked Coronado Springs, so I think that's where we will stay next time, possibly in February during slow season.

Looking to stay last weekend in February probably in a standard room. I really enjoyed being at the CBR on a previous visit and thought it was a beautiful setting. Sometimes I read in forums about sports/cheerleading teams at the different hotels and I wondered if that was something that would be happening then? You read varying things about it in the boards and since this is where I hope to be staying, I thought I'd ask. Usually am very busy trying to get everything in and keep to ourselves so it shouldn't be a problem anyway. Just curious that's all.

Shutters was amazing!

They have greatly improved since 2012. Have eaten 5 meals there on our last 3 trips. Used to go to Epcot or Boardwalk to find table service meals. Shutter's is an excellent place to eat. And they have Habanero margaritas there as well. Yum.

We got home last night- apparently, it rained the whole time we were gone and continues to do so. Oh well, now I don't feel so guilty for being lazy today!

FYI, 5303 (Aruba) does NOT have a Murphy bed.

Quick question because I haven't been since they've been working so much on Downtown Disney (it'll always be called that to me). Those with a car, have you found it hard to park downtown? I hate the bus stops at Downtown and I feel like we wait there more than we do anywhere. Hoping we can maybe just take our car and not have a huge hassle. But, I'm cool taking the bus if it's easier. Anyone been there lately and have experience to share? We're about 55 days from our first stay at CBR and I could not be more excited!
As promised, here's our experience with DTD transportation!

We went several times- one using Disney buses from/to CBR; one using Disney buses from HS to SSR (Congress Park stop), then walking to DTD (and the reverse trip back to HS); one driving our car from CBR to DTD and back. All were good experiences, but each depends on your plans. The buses and the walkway from SSR both put you at the Marketplace (near Wolfgang Puck Express, which was our plan for those visits), but the parking garage used if driving yourself is at the complete other end (near DisneyQuest, our plan for that visit). So really, it depends on where in DTD you are going. It's a pretty long walk to go from one end to the other!

We arrive oct 31st to CBR. I had called to make a request for a murphy bed. The lady asked how i made reservation and I told her by travel agent. She then told me I needed to wait till we were 10 days out from our trip to make a room request. I have done online check in already but murphy bed is not a choice. Has anyone else been told this and why exactly do i need to wait till 10 days out?

We arrive oct 31st to CBR. I had called to make a request for a murphy bed. The lady asked how i made reservation and I told her by travel agent. She then told me I needed to wait till we were 10 days out from our trip to make a room request. I have done online check in already but murphy bed is not a choice. Has anyone else been told this and why exactly do i need to wait till 10 days out?
I was told that I couldn't make a request at all as I booked through a TA. I will now try at 10 days, currently 21.

As promised, here's our experience with DTD transportation!

We went several times- one using Disney buses from/to CBR; one using Disney buses from HS to SSR (Congress Park stop), then walking to DTD (and the reverse trip back to HS); one driving our car from CBR to DTD and back. All were good experiences, but each depends on your plans. The buses and the walkway from SSR both put you at the Marketplace (near Wolfgang Puck Express, which was our plan for those visits), but the parking garage used if driving yourself is at the complete other end (near DisneyQuest, our plan for that visit). So really, it depends on where in DTD you are going. It's a pretty long walk to go from one end to the other!
Thanks for this post! I agree it's a long walk. Now, that I'm more clear on where the pathways are and garage, we'll be able to decide based on our final DTD (or, should I say Disney Springs hahah) destination!

Just back from 14 fabulous days at CBR. We have always had great success (luck) with our room requests in the past but not this time. Had requested upper floor as we always do through on-line check in, through TA, and via fax. We also asked for Barbados due to the bridge being closed. We got neither. We were given ground floor rooms in Jamaica. I asked if we could change and apparently the only rooms in Barbados were in separate buildings (we had 2 rooms) but still on the ground floor, or we could have upper rooms in Jamaica but in sperate ends of the village. This was a really special trip for us,celebrating 2 birthdays, 2 wedding anniversaries and it was my parents last trip so we were really disappointed. They finally offered us 2 upper rooms in Barbados from the next day so we stayed in Jamaica for the first night and were told our luggage would be moved for us and would be in our new room when we got back from the parks. This didn't happen, we had to go back to the Customs House and sort it with Bell Services. I have to say that the staff at check-in didnt really go out of their way to help us and seemed worn out with having to deal with these requests. The large family at the next desk were having similar problems as they had 3 rooms and they were placed all over the resort. I know some people say that fax requests are not read but they knew about our celebrations and I had only mentioned that in my fax, yet they didn't acknowledge that either as I had to request the birthday/anniversary buttons. We tried the bus shuttle service that first night but I wouldn't have wanted to do that every day. The bus going to OPR was OK but coming back it was really busy and we had to wait for a second one. This was right next to the smoking area which was not ideal with a young child but if we're waited elsewhere we may not have got a seat on the next bus. Also, people sitting next to you need to get in and out if they are not getting out at your stop, which is not easy if you are stuck in the back. Really pleased we were moved. Other than that everything else at CBR was great as always. OPR food court is busy but we always sit outside anyway where it is quiet. Used the main and quiet pools and enjiyed both. Bell Services and Mousekeeping were good but our missing towel never made its way back to us. Stayed at CBR 5 times now and love it but thinking of trying somewhere new next trip just to see what else is on offer.

I was told that I couldn't make a request at all as I booked through a TA. I will now try at 10 days, currently 21.

The whole not taking room requests until 10 days out is something that has popped up lately with some phone CMs. It is completely bogus, there is absolutely NO reason to have to wait until 10 days out. The only thing I can think of is a couple years ago, you could do Online Check In at 10 days out. I have always made my requests the day I book, usually 7-8 months before our trip. I have had friends and family call and make requests months ahead of time. If you get a phone CM that tells you this, hang up and call back.

Having said that, if you book through a TA then the TA has to phone in your room requests. Even if you call back at 10 days out, you won't be able to make your own room requests. They have to come from your TA as they own the reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter