• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked my one night stay here. So sad not to be going to Disney but get to stay in a hotel and feel like I'm there. We are going to Discovery Cove so I snuck a resort stay in lol. Never been to CBR but my kids 9 and 7 are so eager to try the pool. Hope we have decent weather Feb14th. We are coming from MA so 70 is awesome to us. Excited! I booked through Orbitz with the code HOTEL10 and was able to get the Disney Discount plus an additional 10% off so my one night is 201.20

We are booked for our 1st ever Dec trip! Dec 16-23. In February i requested Aruba but got Barbados 2nd floor corner room. It was no biggie, we just drove to OPR. Im thinking of just requesting a corner room. I really like them. If we are standard with 5, that leaves out Trinidad right?

We are booked for our 1st ever Dec trip! Dec 16-23. In February i requested Aruba but got Barbados 2nd floor corner room. It was no biggie, we just drove to OPR. Im thinking of just requesting a corner room. I really like them. If we are standard with 5, that leaves out Trinidad right?

Correct, there are no standard rooms in Trinidad North or Trinidad South.

Can you request a late check out? If so is there a fee and what is the latest they let you check out?

Can you request a late check out?

Yup. Call housekeeping on check out day from your room and ask for a late check out.

If so is there a fee and what is the latest they let you check out?

If you are granted a late check out you will need to be out of the room by 1:00PM and there's no fee. If you want later than that then for 3:00PM you will be charged 1/2 of that night's rack rate. Any later than that and you will be charged that night's rack rate in full and will be able to have the room until 11:00AM the next day.

what is parking at Disney Springs like? What would be less painful - waiting for the buss at CBR or having a car and trying to find parking spot and fight the traffic?

So I know it's not guaranteed, but I requested Martinique Building 22, ground floor (because my dad will have an ECV). Any thoughts? Is this a good choice, considering the bridge is out?

Besides a pastry, what other snack credit options are there for breakfast at the foodcourt?

Some of the packaged cut fruit was a snack, yogurt cups, fresh fruit, and I know you said pastries but are you talking about just sweet pastries? If not, they have an assortment of bagels and then sliced bread that could be toasted in the toasters accessible to guests. I am almost certain that a cup of oatmeal or a cup of grits was a snack if you didn't pair it up with a drink. I know that they allowed my mother to get the grits with a snack credit. They have changed up the dining plan recently so there may be other options available too.

So I know it's not guaranteed, but I requested Martinique Building 22, ground floor (because my dad will have an ECV). Any thoughts? Is this a good choice, considering the bridge is out?

I would make sure that they know that this request is made for medical reasons. This will increase the likelihood of your request being granted.

I made sure they knew the reason for the ground floor request. I know there are no guarantees, but I'm hopeful.

While my mother can climb stairs pretty easily, they can be tough on an 81 year old's knees at the end of the day. I've always requested ground floor due to her medical needs and they have always granted our requests. :thumbsup2

what is parking at Disney Springs like? What would be less painful - waiting for the buss at CBR or having a car and trying to find parking spot and fight the traffic?
Parking is horrendous, and getting there is even worse. If you get in the wrong lane or make a wrong turn, add 10-15 minutes. Take the bus...no questions asked.

Stayed in the pirate room (3636) and beds are doubles. Asked if any were queen and no, they are all still only doubles but beautiful with the refurb. Trinidad South are a ways from Old Port Royale and was always last stop on bus route so hard when getting back at night from park with sleeping children but we were very close to bus stop so that was a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter