Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this update! We will be there in 17 days, so I'll keep my fingers crossed it gets fixed quickly. But we'll survive regardless and enjoy ourselves.
We will be there in 10 days and I'm keeping my fingers crossed too! For now I've told DH to not talk about the splash/play area anymore with our DS.:(

I got an email from Disney today telling me about the bridge for our November stay :( I did call and request Barbados. I figured everyone is requesting the other two, so perhaps I have a better chance with this one lol

Tonight is FP+ night!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

YES...just spoke to CBR desk clerk and he did indeed confirmed that the bridge is indeed CLOSED for refurb from Aug 27 until sometimes December....He said sometimes there is changes at the last minute of the refurb. I expressed my dissatisifaction in this. I also moved from POP century to CBR to give CBR a try. Now i regret this move!!! If anyone is staying at Jamcia you will have to walk all the round the resort to get to main pool.....I am NOT HAPPY!!!
Hope it done by the time we get there in dec, that's where the playground is, correct??? On the island?

I got an email from Disney today telling me about the bridge for our November stay :( I did call and request Barbados. I figured everyone is requesting the other two, so perhaps I have a better chance with this one lol

We got the email as well, and will be there Nov 14-21. I'm pretty disappointed, but there is nothing we can do. That bridge to the lovely island and it's happy music are the main reason we stay at CBR. It's too late for us to switch because there are no free dining packages anywhere else. Here's hoping those shuttle vans are very efficient.

Good luck with your FP+.

We got the email as well, and will be there Nov 14-21. I'm pretty disappointed, but there is nothing we can do. That bridge to the lovely island and it's happy music are the main reason we stay at CBR. It's too late for us to switch because there are no free dining packages anywhere else. Here's hoping those shuttle vans are very efficient.

My neighbor and his family just returned from CBR yesterday and he said that it was quicker to walk to OPR and the Main Pool. From Jamaica 45 to the doors at OPR it was 7 minutes when going towards Barbados and 7.5 minutes when going towards Trinidad North.

I did our FP+ at midnight last night. Everything went smoothly except there weren't any mine train FP+ left for our first day. We got everything elsevwe wanted, though. So exciting!!!

So has it been confirmed that Caribbean Cay is completely inaccessible? Both parts of the bridge are out, right?

I have a question about the buses at CBR. We are not going to be there until October 25th but I like to plan ahead as much as I can and have a general idea of what to expect. I see, on the map, that there are several bus stops throughout the resort. Are these the internal buses or buses to the parks? Is there a main bus stop? Just trying to get a feel for everything. We stayed at POFQ last year and only had to fool around with one bus stop.

I have a question about the buses at CBR. We are not going to be there until October 25th but I like to plan ahead as much as I can and have a general idea of what to expect. I see, on the map, that there are several bus stops throughout the resort. Are these the internal buses or buses to the parks? Is there a main bus stop? Just trying to get a feel for everything. We stayed at POFQ last year and only had to fool around with one bus stop.

There are bus stops in each of the resort villages. The internal buses as well as the park buses stop at each bus stop before departing the resort.

So has it been confirmed that Caribbean Cay is completely inaccessible? Both parts of the bridge are out, right?
The image on the email they sent out today about the bridge closure shows that the whole island, including the bridges on both sides, is under refurbishment.

We will be at CBR next month and didnt get an email about the refurb. Did they send to everyone? We didnt book thru disney so i dont know if thats why.

We haven't received any notice about the bridge for our October stay either. We booked preferred so it won't impact is very much though.

We will also be there next month and DID book through Disney; however, we did not get an email either. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter