• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I do at least two or three times during every trip, I took a walk around the resort promenade. We were in building 41 in Jamaica and we were one of the furthest rooms from Old Port Royale. The walk to Old Port Royale was not bad at all. Maybe 6 or 7 minutes at an extremely leisurely pace (taking pictures all the while). By the way, these were all taken with my iphone and none are zoomed in.

This was the landscaping at the end of the path from our building to the main promenade:

IMG_0931 (768x1024).jpg

I turned to the left and started walking. That's Trinidad North you see across the lake.

IMG_0932 (768x1024).jpg

And that's the main pool ahead.

IMG_0933 (768x1024).jpg

The grounds crew was out that morning and had been trimming the dead fronds from the palm trees. I stepped aside to let them go past.

IMG_0934 (768x1024).jpg

The Jamaica quiet pool:

IMG_0935 (768x1024).jpg

This was taken standing near Jamaica Building 44.

IMG_0936 (768x1024).jpg

I walked up the stairs to take a picture. It's one thing to look at a map but quite another to see actual pictures. This was looking to the left. See those folks walking? Just ahead of them, right past where the path widens (the wide area is where mousekeeping or pizza delivery park their carts) is the bridge.

IMG_0937 (768x1024).jpg

Looking a tiny bit to the left and straight at the island in the middle of the lake.

IMG_0938 (768x1024).jpg

I walked back down the promenade and took this picture as I turned left again. You can see the bridge up ahead.

IMG_0939 (768x1024).jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these photos. You are making me very excited for our first visit here in 15 days :thanks::yay:

I stopped at Jamaica Building 45 to take more perspective pictures:
IMG_0940 (768x1024).jpg

I took this picture looking to the left. You can see Aruba in the left of the picture and the white sign is at the entrance to the bridge:

IMG_0941 (768x1024).jpg

I walked a little further and look slightly to the left and took a picture of one of the Aruba buildings:

IMG_0942 (768x1024).jpg

and then took that walkway you see in the above picture, turned and took this picture. That's the bridge straight ahead.

IMG_0943 (768x1024).jpg

At night, they close off the smaller paths on the island.

IMG_0944 (768x1024).jpg

I guess on this walk, I didn't take any other pictures until I started the walk back from Old Port Royale to our room. This was taken from the deck/promenade outside of Old Port Royale. That's the village of Aruba straight ahead.

IMG_0953 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_0954 (768x1024).jpg

This is a view of Trinidad North from across the lake:

IMG_0958 (1024x768).jpg

I knew that I had more pictures of our view from the room. We had a pathway right in front of our building. We had a corner room and this was taken looking at the corner of the building.

IMG_0691 (768x1024).jpg

This was looking out from our door:
IMG_0692 (768x1024).jpg

Two random pictures that I had on my phone. This is the new signage at the resort. Took this one at night.

IMG_1118 (768x1024).jpg

a not so great picture of the entrance sign to the resort.

IMG_1134 (1024x768).jpg

I know that I have more pictures to post but they aren't on my office computer yet. I'll share them as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully, the pictures that I've posted so far will help put some of the locations into perspective.

Thanks for posting pictures! So exited we are under a week now! If you have pictures of the bathroom/beds can you post those too? Thanks!!!

Lisa!!!! You ROCK!!!! Building 45 pictures 7 days before I check in! You timed it perfectly for my needs! Thank you a million times over! And I forget the pulldown was a bench! This is going to be great for my 6. I'm sooooo glad I came back to this resort from POR!

Lisa do you know what the Island Extravaganza and Courtyard parties are?

I have no clue. I wonder if that's what they are calling the pool activities now? I know that we've been there before and the CMs were playing games with the kids in the courtyard and then there's the movies at night.

Let me see if some of my travel agent friends know and I'll report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter