Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

So just switched to CBR for our sept trip. We were booked at WL, but moved to save a few bucks. We are in a standard view room. It's been years since I've stayed here. I noted that I wanted to be close to old port royale and then when I checked in online I chose ground floor and Martinique as my room requests. My question is two fold. How far are the standard building in Martinique from old port royale and if I weren't to get one of those buildings how far would Barbados be to old port royale? Would Barbados be a good second choice?

I can't speak specifically on how far those buildings are but I've heard mention that a walk around the entire promenade takes 20ish minutes. I can't imagine it taking longer than 10 minutes from either of those countries.

So just switched to CBR for our sept trip. We were booked at WL, but moved to save a few bucks. We are in a standard view room. It's been years since I've stayed here. I noted that I wanted to be close to old port royale and then when I checked in online I chose ground floor and Martinique as my room requests. My question is two fold. How far are the standard building in Martinique from old port royale and if I weren't to get one of those buildings how far would Barbados be to old port royale? Would Barbados be a good second choice?
Barbados is about a 6-8 minute walk max to OPR. Martinique to OPR is about 3-4 minutes. I do not walk at an overly brisk pace and it is not that far or that time-consuming. I can walk the whole lake in about 18 minutes.

Another question...I leave in 6 days...can you tell I'm excited? lol

Can anyone tell me about the Island Party Extravaganza or the Courtyard Party. I'm thinking of cutting some park time to attend these.

Barbados is about a 6-8 minute walk max to OPR. Martinique to OPR is about 3-4 minutes. I do not walk at an overly brisk pace and it is not that far or that time-consuming. I can walk the whole lake in about 18 minutes.

Someone posted that the path around the lake is 1.2 miles in total, so the very most you could be is 0.6 miles away, once you figure out which way is shortest.

Has anyone received an email about an online personal assistant through MDE? I received the email shortly after doing my online check-in.

Another question...I leave in 6 days...can you tell I'm excited? lol

Can anyone tell me about the Island Party Extravaganza or the Courtyard Party. I'm thinking of cutting some park time to attend these.

I'll be curious to hear about this as well. I did carve out some park time to hang at the resort. We have never done this before but since it's planned, it satisfies the OCD in me.

We added one extra night onto our trip. NO free-dining rooms anywhere were available at this late date and only a Pirate Room was available at CBR (at $200+) so I took the extra night at CSR for $153 plus tax. I must admit I'm a little excited about checking out the pool there too. I have stayed at CSR when it first opened so I'm happy to have dh check out their pool too. I know that pool is a favorite of many.

We will probably just taxi over in the early morning before any of the parks open unless someone with experience in changing resorts can tell me having Bell Services help with the change is seamless? We've not done this before. That day we plan on being at DHS at 9am RD then move over to Epcot for a F&W beverage demo followed by lunch at Biergarten. The earliest we'd be back at CSR would be is 3pmish. I guess our bags would be there by then in case we DID have Bell Services handle the luggage transfer. I did online check in for that resort as well and got Streamlined check in there too.

Good morning! I've been back from our 2 week stay at the CBR for over two months now and I am just now getting a chance to share pictures with you guys. I always try to take informative type pictures when there so I can come back and post on the Dis.

There is one station in the food court that is only open for dinner and they have the most amazing roasted chicken. As you can see, the portions are quite big. That's a half a chicken on the plate along with rice & gravy, steamed broccoli and cornbread.

IMG_0697 (1024x768).jpg

Cream cheese danish from the grab-n-go bakery case:

IMG_0698 (1024x768).jpg

Cookie with candy pieces from the grab-n-go bakery case:

IMG_0699 (1024x768).jpg

The restrooms in Old Port Royale:

IMG_0700 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_0701 (768x1024).jpg

The Bounty Platter breakfast: French toast, roasted potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuit:

IMG_1131 (768x1024).jpg

The view from our table in Old Port Royale:

IMG_1132 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_1133 (768x1024).jpg

I'll be curious to hear about this as well. I did carve out some park time to hang at the resort. We have never done this before but since it's planned, it satisfies the OCD in me.

We added one extra night onto our trip. NO free-dining rooms anywhere were available at this late date and only a Pirate Room was available at CBR (at $200+) so I took the extra night at CSR for $153 plus tax. I must admit I'm a little excited about checking out the pool there too. I have stayed at CSR when it first opened so I'm happy to have dh check out their pool too. I know that pool is a favorite of many.

We will probably just taxi over in the early morning before any of the parks open unless someone with experience in changing resorts can tell me having Bell Services help with the change is seamless? We've not done this before. That day we plan on being at DHS at 9am RD then move over to Epcot for a F&W beverage demo followed by lunch at Biergarten. The earliest we'd be back at CSR would be is 3pmish. I guess our bags would be there by then in case we DID have Bell Services handle the luggage transfer. I did online check in for that resort as well and got Streamlined check in there too.
If your "extra day" is your last day (that's how it reads to me) then i would just let bell services handle the luggage. Drop them off before you head to the park and then don't worry about getting to CSR till much much later! They can't deliver your bags till your in your room anyway (only ME does this) so you can either get them yourself from bell services or call when you get to your room. You should be good to go! Have a blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter